Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spudsbuckley posted:

If your life is an uplifting movie from the 90's.

yeah you're right, black kids born in the ghetto have as much chance to succeed as anyone else and to insinuate otherwise is racist, yep you're 100% right we should prolly ditch affirmative action too while we're at it bc it's reverse racism right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

yep

rip

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Luvcow posted:

you honestly believe this? do you interact often with the police or know any people that are police officers?

do you shed a tear when the corner smack dealer gets killed because he has no way else to make money? no because the tv doesnt 24/7 news cycle his death and that day is just another monday to you. tell me why i should feel upset about cops dieing when homeless vets and struggling americans get buried in droves because they turn to crime in a nation that abandoned them

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yet black people keep happening, wtf ??

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."
I feel like people dying is kinda sad

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

McNutty posted:

yeah, it is :smith:

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Blazing Zero posted:

do you shed a tear when the corner smack dealer gets killed because he has no way else to make money? no because the tv doesnt 24/7 news cycle his death and that day is just another monday to you. tell me why i should feel upset about cops dieing when homeless vets and struggling americans get buried in droves because they turn to crime in a nation that abandoned them

And what have you done for homeless vets and struggling Americans today except sit on your fat rear end, eat chicken nuggets, drink some mountain dew, and post in this dumb thread?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

McNutty posted:

What if they die in an hilariously over the top way, like a giant bullet going through their head or by a small robot with an explosive cellphone (android?)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

McNutty posted:

You've been posting this kind of sick filth all through the thread. Get help you psycho.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AP/status/751519847431933952

rip the united states of america

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

Yeah you can only be sad about one thing thems the rules. I'm glad when anyone who isn't a raped war refugee dies because of this very reason :twisted:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
as a former homeless vet i dont want any of you jackasses advocating for me

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

gently caress yes

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

bring back old gbs posted:

loooolllllll does he have cerebral palsy?

no he's just british :D

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

But in all honesty would we miss any of those states if they just up and left the union? I say we start punishing entire states.

unpacked robinhood posted:

What if they die in an hilariously over the top way, like a giant bullet going through their head or by a small robot with an explosive cellphone (android?)

No to the robot (that actually just happened I think) but maybe the bullet. It would have to be really big though. And the gun it came out of should be big too. Or really small. That contrast would be funny.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

McNutty posted:

But in all honesty would we miss any of those states if they just up and left the union? I say we start punishing entire states.

what do they all have in common

:secsmug:

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Serious Frolicking posted:

as a former homeless vet i dont want any of you jackasses advocating for me

Can I advocate for you because you're lum'd?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Fire Barrel posted:

Other countries have armed police and have far fewer problems with said armed police. I think the state of police in America today are the result of decades of various social factors and the worsening wealth disparities do little to help alleviate both the factors underlying police violence and the problem itself. Basically, the US has a lot of baggage surrounding race, class, regionalism, and other poo poo that they need to address. It's all pretty lovely but no matter who wins in 2016 - probably Clinton- things don't seem like their going to get better.

It's poo poo like this which makes other countries worry about the militarisation of our own police forces, though. At least the actions of ours are somewhat related because our police are state/federal level organisations. Here you've got a situation where the actions of a police force which operates at local government level can set off a domino effect across the whole country.

I'm seriously having trouble wrapping my head around how a local chain of command decides that a military response like this is appropriate in a civilian policing situation, and I dread to think what the fallout is going to be. It has never ended well in the past and I can't see it being different this time.

But yes, those who say that we can't understand because we don't live in the US - and in the cities with deep racial divides in particular - are right. We can't. We can still be horrified, though, and we can use the US experience as a lesson in where we don't want to end up.

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

Moridin920 posted:

it's not because they are black, retard, it's because they live in crushing poverty with very little hope of advancement unless it is dealing drugs or rapping or playing sports for the white man's entertainment

put any other race in that same situation and they'll have high crime rates.

thus the solution is not just police them more brutally, but fix the US economy and even the playing field for the disenfranchised. but you're a racist and you don't really want that, you want an easy dogwhistle.

it actually has a lot to do with race and saying "it's about class not race" or that promoting class equality will fix our country's racial problems ignores a huge part of the issue

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

ya'll lusting for death are retarded and have likely never known a real hardship in your life and your semi psychotic ennui is doubtlessly contrived undeserved and pathetic nameste

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

its probably more salient to break that down to explosives. i cant imagine many police depts have access to high explosives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU4mDyj8DSI

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The Open Dog Njgga

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2016/07/08/highway-gunman-targeted-tennessee-police-officers.html

quote:

BRISTOL, TENN.—Authorities in Tennessee say a man who opened fire on a highway in Tennessee targeted police officers and others because he was troubled by incidents involving black people and law enforcement officers.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says in a news release that initial conversations with the suspect, identified as Lakeem Keon Scott revealed he was troubled by incidents across the U.S. The TBI says the suspect is black; the shooting victims are all white.

Investigators say Scott killed one person and wounded three others, including a police officer. Scott had two guns early Thursday morning when he shot at a motel in Bristol, Tennessee, and then shot indiscriminately at several passing cars. When he was confronted by police, he fired at the three officers who responded.

The suspect was shot by the officers and is being treated at a hospital. He has not yet been charged.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just give huge guns to all poors imo, if they're black they get free ammo too

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

curiously on the corpse.
how do i enlist on the black side for the upcoming ongoing race war

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

whoa, now that is actually unexpected. they took a black man who killed a cop alive?

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Gun should be free and bullets should cost ten thousand dollars.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Shaquin posted:

ya'll lusting for death are retarded and have likely never known a real hardship in your life and your semi psychotic ennui is doubtlessly contrived undeserved and pathetic nameste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=517WVJNdO5g

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Just give huge guns to all poors imo, if they're black they get free ammo too

Already happened/happening

Serious Frolicking posted:

whoa, now that is actually unexpected. they took a black man who killed a cop alive?

I guess we only ever hear about the times that they don't?

This stuff is going to get way worse before it gets better

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Hell yes. We here in the US are busily forcing open an eye of terror. Rejoice, my brothers! Our flesh-end is nigh! Repent of your changelessness and prepare for the warp!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

logical phalluses posted:

it actually has a lot to do with race and saying "it's about class not race" or that promoting class equality will fix our country's racial problems ignores a huge part of the issue

no poo poo there's a lot of systemic racism in the system, but that's not what other poster was saying homie.

and economic empowerment would still fix a lot of that racial poo poo - yeah white people would still hate black people but the point was never to get the oppressor to like you. the point is to make it so the oppressor has no real power over you, thus the economics.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Brannock posted:

Some people are even AK native, that sounds badass

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
When the RNC gets to Cleveland it has the potential to spark something like the Hough Riots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hough_riots

Nathilus posted:

Hell yes. We here in the US are busily forcing open an eye of terror. Rejoice, my brothers! Our flesh-end is nigh! Repent of your changelessness and prepare for the warp!

:conftoot:

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

curiously on the corpse.

Moridin920 posted:

no poo poo there's a lot of systemic racism in the system, but that's not what other poster was saying homie.

and economic empowerment would still fix a lot of that racial poo poo - yeah white people would still hate black people but the point was never to get the oppressor to like you. the point is to make it so the oppressor has no real power over you, thus the economics.

sorry i didn't actually read the thread i just like disgruntled-posting

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Moridin920 posted:

If nothing else they'd be able to afford to (and have time to) organize, get legal representation, get educated, and so on

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Some people are even AK native, that sounds badass

after their vicious war with the AR natives, only the AK's remain

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

sorry i didn't actually read the thread i just like disgruntled-posting

it's all good dude that's what I do 90% of the time as well

Brannock posted:

If nothing else they'd be able to afford to (and have time to) organize, get legal representation, get educated, and so on

yea. don't really have time for that when you need to work 2 jobs to make ends meet.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Very cool that us police have bombs!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Maybe instead of "promoting" something we should have it actually be a thing in reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Brannock posted:

Where's the chart showing Indians get killed by cops even more than blacks?

They're getting hosed both ways.

• Locked thread