Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Hey was just poking through the spreadsheet and noticed in the quarterly prize, under the May Oath column, I have an N there. Was wondering if this was a mistake or if there was a requirement to qualify that I missed? Thanks for letting me know

Here's a quote of my May complete post, just in case!

TheFinalTuba posted:

OATH COMPLETE

Glad to have these guys done and finally see them hit the battlefield

Aaaaaaand the completed models:

The whole gang, ready for drunken antics!

The Brewmaster himself, his loyal Apprentice Wesley, and Fingers!

The three Moon Shinobi.

The HUGE (for this game) whiskey golem.

Rear view, to see that lazy gremlin snoozing in the hammock.

Overall, pretty happy with how everything turned out. Once the sealer went on, some of my highlights got a little muted. Tells me I need to highlight a little more extremely in the future perhaps. That's June's focus!

Claiming: possibly Theme Challenge. Ninja Gremlins may be a bit of a stretch for Fantasy, I'll let the judges decide ;), #squadgoals, also Monster MAY-Hem! for that gigantic Whiskey Golem, and a big shoutout to my buddy Signal for encouraging me to FINALLY join the Oath Thread. Looking forward to getting much painting done this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

TheFinalTuba posted:

Hey was just poking through the spreadsheet and noticed in the quarterly prize, under the May Oath column, I have an N there. Was wondering if this was a mistake or if there was a requirement to qualify that I missed? Thanks for letting me know

Here's a quote of my May complete post, just in case!

Good spot, it looks like for some reason the formula in that cell was checking the wrong info. This has been corrected, I'll have a look around and see if there are any other errors.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Thanks a lot! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't accidentally not doing something I needed to. Back to my painting!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, do Oath one Bete Noire, from Malifaux in 28mm

being gone for the rest of the month makes this difficult.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I, chutche2, do oath this Privateer Press Buccaneer.

Also I'd love it if someone had tutorials for making rubble terrain that isn't awful to play on.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

I, Southern heel, do vow to paint this unit of Dwarf Berserkers and Dwarf Lord

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Southern Heel posted:

I, Southern heel, do vow to paint this unit of Dwarf Berserkers and Dwarf Lord

It'll probably be accepted anyway, but you haven't stated how many Dwarfs are in the unit, or the manufacturer & scale. I'm guessing Avatars of War due to the guy on the left?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
First part of my Oath coming along!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
i nesbit37, oath for the month of July 81 Dwarven forge river tiles

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Oath addition! I tallkidwithglasses oath to paint this ironclad and fort too.

If I'm making all these drat rivers I might as well have stuff to fight on them with.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath six Malifaux gremlins, "The Bushwhackers". 28mm, Malifaux, with renedra wooden fencing on the bases.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Speed Painting
Start pic

End pic

(Yeah, I know, this scheme is super quick and lazy given that the white is the base spray colour, but I've not found a good way to shade/highlight these so gently caress it it looks fine on the tabletop)

Proper completion pic tomorrow when it's properly light.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete

It doesn't photograph well, but it's good enough in person, at a tabletop distance.

Radio Free Walrus
May 16, 2015
I, Radio Free Walrus, Oath these 4 evil mooks (Two zombies, two Skeletons) from the Dungeon Saga board game by Mantic.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath this Reaper 'Captain Razig' Skeleton Pirate Captain for July

Links to the large version so you can see the miniature properly. Looks like I have some pinhole gaps in my prime so I'll be fixing those before I get started.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Wasn't planning on this today, but posting pics for speed paint for these dwarven forge water tiles.

nesbit37 posted:

i nesbit37, oath for the month of July 81 Dwarven forge river tiles

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

JerryLee posted:

For starters I, JerryLee, oath to paint this ruined tower base by Reaper

You may be able to see a few traces of paint from a paint test that I wasn't able to strip/scrape off. I'll be painting over these.

Oath Addition! I further oath to paint this Dungeon Saga well, by Mantic, and this Nekharu Torturer, by Crocodile Games!

plaz
Jul 25, 2006
I, plaz, oath 6 Hellbats from Shadows of Brimstone (Flying Frog Productions)

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I, GoodBee, oath one Guild Ball Fishermen starter (Shark, Angel and Siren) + Salt, and these 7 pieces of terrain I made out of crap lying around my house for this game I have yet to play.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath this Fu-Leng Devourer, from Wrath of Kings by CMON for July

'Tis merely the calm before the dwarves...

Oath Addition! 8 Berserker Brock Riders, by Mantic

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

thespaceinvader posted:

Speed Painting
Start pic

End pic

(Yeah, I know, this scheme is super quick and lazy given that the white is the base spray colour, but I've not found a good way to shade/highlight these so gently caress it it looks fine on the tabletop)

Proper completion pic tomorrow when it's properly light.

Oath Complete

CLaiming Speed Painting and Jurnal (if 'gently caress you it's a space boat' gets me theme).

E: put the correct photo up (with my username)

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jul 10, 2016

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Zark the Damned posted:

It'll probably be accepted anyway, but you haven't stated how many Dwarfs are in the unit, or the manufacturer & scale. I'm guessing Avatars of War due to the guy on the left?

You're quite right - Avatars of War Dwarf Berserkers. There are 20 in the box but will be scenic based on two 100mm x 40mm regiment bases - so more than MMC (i.e. 12) but as I haven't got them stuck down I can't give a top end figure. All will be painted, I don't know if all will be on the base.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
Oath Complete

Claiming [Life's a beach!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Southern Heel posted:

You're quite right - Avatars of War Dwarf Berserkers. There are 20 in the box but will be scenic based on two 100mm x 40mm regiment bases - so more than MMC (i.e. 12) but as I haven't got them stuck down I can't give a top end figure. All will be painted, I don't know if all will be on the base.

Don't blame you for using slightly undersized units, those guys aren't designed well as a unit and are a pain to rank up. I only got around it by designing the unit as a whole and putting dudes around the edges and 'cheating' with the mandatory 1 in 4 great weapons:

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

That's making me anxious just looking at it - I think either 8 or 7 per base with some scenic elements may be enough. I've got a Berzerker Lord figure coming, so I could keep a spot for him on one of the regiment trays and up with 3x"10" if they look decent enough that sparse.

Luebbi posted:

Oath Complete

Claiming [Life's a beach!

I love the vibrancy.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Before I disappear for the rest of the month, Oath Complete!

Claiming the Journal for using the water effects to make Bete's blood effects more splattery. Not super happy with how it turned out, vaguely more ketchup-seeming than I'd like.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I, Ilor, oath this SdKfz 222 (28mm scale by Warlord Games) for the month of July!

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Time to get back on the wagon.
I, Arson Fire, oath to paint four Tyranid Raveners (28mm scale, GW) for the month of July!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition!
Odin and his throne, Heimdall and Tyr. From Blood Rage by CMoN.
1 homemade ruin. I'm getting in on the terrain game with the smallest oath.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, oath 20 Empire Crossbowmen for Warhammer Fantasy Battles for the month of July:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I, Flipswitch, Oath to paint 2x Scimitar Tank Destroyers & 1x Condor for Dropzone Commander for the month of July:

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Oath complete!

I'm quite proud of the rickety gates. They're even magnetised.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I, Takuan, hearby do solemnly pledge to paint this dumb anime egg plane thing by Hasegawa for the month of July.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath Complete!

RUM hack
Nov 18, 2003

glug glug

I, headlor, oath to scratch built & paint one piece of terrain.

Probably about 28mm scale, and probably a tower of some sort? I don't know yet, I haven't started making it.

But I've got some materials!

Given it normally takes me about 3 weeks to paint a single mini, one weekend to make something much larger may be a bit over ambitious.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath Addition!

I absolutely need to keep my hands and mind occupied this month so I'm adding One Privateer Press Kraken, two Privateer Press Stalkers, and an aquarium castle of unknown origin.

The purple Slayers are my It's a Rescue! entry, and the castle is because "yes, July would like to make some terrain m'lord. "

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETE

Here are the finished water and swamp/acid pools shown in the WIP Photos below. Some sneaky little frog-men lurk beneath the water of the swamp waiting for their prey. I'm also entering these for Would July-ke to paint some terrain, my Lord? and Life's a Beach.

Here are the Venator Reivers

And lastly Makeda and her Exalted Court

head58 posted:

Here are some WIP Photos for my water terrain pieces, taken over the past couple of days.

The four pieces of thin birch plywood (maybe a poor base choice - have to see) have been covered with spackle/filler with raised edges to hold the water effect. I left the surfaces very rough but would probably sand them down a bit next time.

Here the pieces have been sprayed with brown spray paint and the water/swamp colors painted on the bottom where the water effects will go (fading to a lighter color near the edge to represent thinner water, and a ring of grey around where the water will meet the land). I also gloss varnished the blue/green parts after some of the paint chopped off my test model (upper left) as I was spreading the water effect around.

But the good thing about the water effect stuff is if you gently caress up you can just peel it out and start again. In this case some flocking fell into the test model as the water effect was setting and it looked like poo poo. So off it comes and now I'll start again on the test model with the lessons learned.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these four terrain bits that will somehow magically become water/acid pools (one test model already in progress)

And also these Venator Reivers with command attachment (12 models) and Makeda3 with her Exalted Court (3 models) all 30mm stuff from Privateer Press

Probably more to come later in the month. I need to get so much done before Templecon at the end of August.

head58 fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 17, 2016

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I completed another Guardsman a couple of days ago, but I've been away from my computer.

As well, I'd like to declare an Oath Addition - this Militarum Tempestus Scion from Games Workshop:

RUM hack
Nov 18, 2003

glug glug

headlor posted:

I, headlor, oath to scratch built & paint one piece of terrain.

Probably about 28mm scale, and probably a tower of some sort? I don't know yet, I haven't started making it.

But I've got some materials!

Given it normally takes me about 3 weeks to paint a single mini, one weekend to make something much larger may be a bit over ambitious.

Oops, I forgot to include a timestamp. In my defence, my ipad is actually under that foamboard. Fortunately (sort of?) I made 0 progress yesterday so here:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I am completely unfamiliar with the act of lining everything up for an oath photo, and then being able to repeat the photo up to a week later having done absolutely nothing :shepface:

• Locked thread