Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/751545871486087169

trump released a video from trump tower about the shooting, not on any of his social media profiles so this is the only link i could find (video link ABC)

manafort locked him in his office and made him read this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
* John Boehner surveys his freshly-mowed lawn *

"Magnificent."

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Newt Gingrich, the former House speaker who is informally advising Donald J. Trump and being vetted as a possible Republican vice-presidential nominee, said on Friday that whites in America can’t fathom “being black in America.”

Mr. Gingrich made the comments in a Facebook Live chat with the Democratic commentator Van Jones, who is black, after 12 officers were shot in Dallas at a rally protesting the deaths of black men by the police in Louisiana and Minnesota.

“It took me a long time, and a number of people talking to me through the years, to get a sense of this,” Mr. Gingrich said. “If you are a normal, white American, the truth is you don’t understand being black in America and you instinctively underestimate the level of discrimination and the level of additional risk.”

He added there were “everyday” dangers that white people did not face. “It is more dangerous to be black in America,” he said. “It is more dangerous in that they are substantially more likely to end up in a situation where the police don’t respect you and you could easily get killed.”

And to really drive home the fact that he understands, he's throwing his lot in with Donald J Trump

It's funny though, if Newt is coming to the realization that he's the only person who can save the GOP by leveraging his past experience with the fact that he has nothing to lose to make it okay to push out the single issue racist voters. Especially if he feels this is already a lost cause

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Boehner was really the smartest guy in the room.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Someone check that video again to make sure Trump wasn't blinking a morse code that says something hosed up

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mannerup posted:

trump released a video from trump tower about the shooting, not on any of his social media profiles so this is the only link i could find (video link ABC)

Thought we all like watching Trump gently caress over his election chances, for this incident at least I'm glad he's not whipping people into a racist frenzy. The night is young though.

Henry Kissinger
May 17, 2016

by Shine

euphronius posted:

Boehner was really the smartest guy in the room.

Zip it dee doo dah.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

mannerup posted:

it really is startling how easy to tell when someone else is writing these things just by glazing your eyes over a transcript.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

zoux posted:

Thought we all like watching Trump gently caress over his election chances, for this incident at least I'm glad he's not whipping people into a racist frenzy. The night is young though.

yeah there'll be more than enough sheriff badges and demands for judges to recuse themselves and so on, we don't need to hope for him to do actual harm to the nation

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

And to really drive home the fact that he understands, he's throwing his lot in with Donald J Trump

It's funny though, if Newt is coming to the realization that he's the only person who can save the GOP by leveraging his past experience with the fact that he has nothing to lose to make it okay to push out the single issue racist voters. Especially if he feels this is already a lost cause

Huh, maybe that Newt Gingrich should have a talk with this other Newt Gingrich fellow:

quote:

'My argument is the policies that have driven us apart, the policies that have trapped African-Americans in all too large numbers in poverty and in hopelessness [are] the ideological policies that say, "Black lives matter".'

'Well, baloney! All American lives matter, of all backgrounds. And we ought to challenge the Hillary Clintons and the Bernie Sanderses to say that American lives matter. All American lives.'

'We're in the eighth year of a president who could have brought us together, a president who could have worked in the African-American community to make people feel better about themselves, a president who could have offered visionary changes in the policies that have failed for the last 50 years,' Gingrich fumed.

'And he didn't do any of that.'

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

A forum member with CF getting a lung transplant got like $10k as part of that publicity stunt.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

Huh, maybe that Newt Gingrich should have a talk with this other Newt Gingrich fellow:

Too Many Newts

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

mannerup posted:

God bless Paul Manafort

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

mannerup posted:

It's actually really pathetic how amateur they are at making these statements sound like Trump. There's no reason they couldn't craft a respectful statement more in line with his style.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

shiksa posted:

it really is startling how easy to tell when someone else is writing these things just by glazing your eyes over a transcript.

i hope whomever is ghostwriting them keeps the "we will make america X again" format and just switches it to match whatever the topic at hand is.

we will make america safe again

we will make america educated again

we will make america sexy again

we will make america football again

we will make america water slides again

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Xandu posted:

It's actually really pathetic how amateur they are at making these statements sound like Trump. There's no reason they couldn't craft a respectful statement more in line with his style.

I don't see how. Trump's got two modes: brag and blame. Neither works in this situation.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

mannerup posted:

the rnc told him to read this poo poo or he's not getting nominated

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Someone check that video again to make sure Trump wasn't blinking a morse code that says something hosed up

:tinfoil:

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Newt Gingrich, the former House speaker who is informally advising Donald J. Trump and being vetted as a possible Republican vice-presidential nominee, said on Friday that whites in America can’t fathom “being black in America.”

Mr. Gingrich made the comments in a Facebook Live chat with the Democratic commentator Van Jones, who is black, after 12 officers were shot in Dallas at a rally protesting the deaths of black men by the police in Louisiana and Minnesota.

“It took me a long time, and a number of people talking to me through the years, to get a sense of this,” Mr. Gingrich said. “If you are a normal, white American, the truth is you don’t understand being black in America and you instinctively underestimate the level of discrimination and the level of additional risk.”

He added there were “everyday” dangers that white people did not face. “It is more dangerous to be black in America,” he said. “It is more dangerous in that they are substantially more likely to end up in a situation where the police don’t respect you and you could easily get killed.”

yeah there's no way he's getting vp

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

homeless poster posted:

i hope whomever is ghostwriting them keeps the "we will make america X again" format and just switches it to match whatever the topic at hand is.

bullets cure cops
Feb 3, 2006

Someone sneaking HAIL SATAN or something in to one of these bullshit releases would be the best.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/751232353129955328

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Xandu posted:

There's no reason they couldn't craft a respectful statement more in line with his style.

Disagree.

Even in Trump statements with no specific enemy you can feel a low rumbling of disdain and sneering at SOMETHING. It's like the reference point from Stargate, the rest doesn't work without it.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

goddamnit trump can't you keep it short and concise. crooked hillary was already bad compared to lyin' ted, little marco, and jeb is a mess

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

homeless poster posted:

https://twitter.com/BotMakesHats/status/751203357319131136

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

sorry andrea leadsom already has the "british person who should be trump's VP" slot locked up http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/08/andrea-leadsom-suggests-she-would-make-better-pm-as-she-has-children

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
lyen crookid hillary

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm not sure that's what that proves at all, actually

I'm not sure this is necessarily a coherent meme but I'm certainly seeing it pop up a lot

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It proves that African American are immediate suspects for crime.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

zoux posted:

the night is yuge and full of maga

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Epic High Five posted:

I'm not sure that's what that proves at all, actually

I'm not sure this is necessarily a coherent meme but I'm certainly seeing it pop up a lot

what it proves is that good people give up their guns

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
loving capitalizing "the Gun" like its a cosmic force standing in opposition to "Evil"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

That's sort of why it's been so baffling. It literally only makes sense as a pro-gun meme if the subtext of "everybody having guns works as long as no minorities have guns" is applied to it

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the Zardoz meme

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Right wingers cannot handle capitalization rules, paragraphs or ellipses .

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

euphronius posted:

I think there's a right-wing rant style manual out there that has all those things like capitalizing nouns for emphasis and so on.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 9, 2016

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

euphronius posted:

the rest of its fine except for that 2/3rds of an ellipses in the first sentence

the creator just decided that Gun was a proper noun for their purposes

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

:911:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Think of it this way if there were no people in the universe would there be any gun violence?

Cheque mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
A good guy with a gun recognizes that he should immediately give it up when poo poo gets real.

• Locked thread