Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
Title Guy's Luann titles remind me of the bad pun teasers at the end of the Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons. So I'm guessing this guy grew up with Rocky and Bullwinkle in its original run and is therefore retired and has nothing better to do with his time or grew up with the show on Cartoon Network like I did and is therefore my age and therefore frighteningly enthusiastic about those daily titles.

Then again I spend parts of my day getting angry at a goddamned comic strip for being so terrible so who am I to judge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Julet Esqu posted:

This almost reads like an adverstisement for CoinStar. Like now some young person or other will come in waving a stack of cash and say, "Hey, I just emptied a whole jar of pennies into a CoinStar machine and I got so much money and it was SO EASY!" This whole week has been like the comic strip equivalent of As Seen On TV World

Yeah, but Batiuk's an idiot.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set was just trying to help.

Working Daze is <NERD THING>!

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix might be a Markov chain.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Odonata posted:

Ye Olde Fox Trot

Only serial killers and perverts find watching golf entertaining.

Hey, I'm not a serial killer!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Is the guy who draws Fort Knox the same guy who comments with all the Luann titles?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is <NERD THING>!

Deadpool would rebel against being in a strip this lovely

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Shugojin posted:

Deadpool would rebel against being in a strip this lovely

Deadpool is just as lovely as Working Daze, though.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Byzantine posted:

Deadpool is just as lovely as Working Daze, though.

I don't really read it but as far as I know the people making Deadpool have yet to sink so low as to just outright use a photograph for the background and then draw over top of it in a cartoon style

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Mr. Buzzcut from Beavis and Butthead + that one really tense teacher from Daria + George Liquor from Ren and Stimpy = this guy

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Since Strontium and JaggerDagger are in a frantic race to bottom this thread out, I thought I'd buoy it a little bit with:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Thank you, Transmodiar. Great pick.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Modesty Blaise! :neckbeard:

Presto posted:

Mr. Buzzcut from Beavis and Butthead + that one really tense teacher from Daria + George Liquor from Ren and Stimpy = this guy

My mind was running more toward Chris Cooper in American Beauty.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Transmodiar posted:

Since Strontium and JaggerDagger are in a frantic race to bottom this thread out, I thought I'd buoy it a little bit with:

:neckbeard:

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

I'm sure we can all guess what's going to happen to that gun. Feh.

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Of course, the whole reason Midge Cook was playing basketball in the first place was because he was hoping to get scouted to go pro and pay for med school. Nothing we've seen has solved Midge's problem of how he will pay his tuition.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Thanks to Sam's shrewd negotiating skills, Sophie will be taking home an extra buck from that $1/$99 split.

9 Chickweed Lane

What's the big deal about the flight time? Is this a steam powered flight where he will be spending the entire trip shoveling coal into a boiler?

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Aardmania posted:

Heathcliff

I thought at first someone with such an inflated ego he considers himself the rightful ruler of all of creation should have other people painting him, but then I remembered that other guy who fits that description and was an artist...

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

You can't even make fun of this, it's just terrible.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Beep boop I am Mark Trail the human not a robot at all beep boop

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Transmodiar posted:

You are a wonderful person.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Reddick, you just showed us this dude going all R. Lee Ermey on two other people.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I forget, did Intelligent Life ever show why the stalker girl wanted to mastermind this dumbass plot to get her dad to beat up the guy she claims to be in love with?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Close to Home

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/update-all-drug-olympics/n9691

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

That is slap in the middle of India. They are leaving the plane about 500 miles away from the Himalayas. The impossibly rare plane, at what I can only assume is a backwater airfield, for an extended period.

For the Ghost who Walks home.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

After all this buildup, the best possible conclusion to this arc would be for them to get to the secluded monastery and have them go, "Who the gently caress are you?"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Aardmania posted:

Piranha Club

Out Our Way seems to have a dramatic drop in quality.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Tina's Groove

One Big Happy
]

Rina Piccolo draws the doofiest faces, and I love it.
Also, the pink panel in today's One Big Happy is driving me insane. Is it part of the joke? Was it a coloring mistake? Did Grampa stop time so he could think of a joke?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

SpacePig posted:

Out Our Way seems to have a dramatic drop in quality.

Rina Piccolo draws the doofiest faces, and I love it.
Also, the pink panel in today's One Big Happy is driving me insane. Is it part of the joke? Was it a coloring mistake? Did Grampa stop time so he could think of a joke?

Yeah, but he can only do it for 5 seconds.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

dordreff posted:

I forget, did Intelligent Life ever show why the stalker girl wanted to mastermind this dumbass plot to get her dad to beat up the guy she claims to be in love with?
I think this is the best you're gonna get.

But it's kind of a mess. On 6/21 Sarah said "don't talk nerd in front of my dad". The day before she said "play your part and it'll all go smoothly." On 6/30 she was insisting on making their relationship a real thing.

And then yesterday, her thought and expression seemed like she really wanted dad to beat up Skippo.

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

Gorilla Salad posted:

After all this buildup, the best possible conclusion to this arc would be for them to get to the secluded monastery and have them go, "Who the gently caress are you?"

4 years later:

"Yeah it turns out that in the 21st century, a secluded tibetan monastery is no longer the best place to learn the secret knowledge of the world. Also they aren't accredited so my degree in Tibetan history is not really opening up a lot of job opportunities here. Can I crash in the cave for a while while I kinda figure things out?"

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
Anyone else willing to send pics of Intelligent Life to Seth MacFarland and hope Reddick gets a C&D letter sent to him?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Strontium posted:

I think this is the best you're gonna get.

But it's kind of a mess. On 6/21 Sarah said "don't talk nerd in front of my dad". The day before she said "play your part and it'll all go smoothly." On 6/30 she was insisting on making their relationship a real thing.

And then yesterday, her thought and expression seemed like she really wanted dad to beat up Skippo.

Being this inconsistent does solidify the point that she's absolutely batshit though.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Ms Boods posted:

They'll be snarking on anteaters next.
As long as they don't bungle or bobble the Fingal dopple I don't care about that.

Thanks for bringing back Modesty Blaze, Transmodiar!

F Minus

Mary Worth

"Oh no! You've gone blind, too?"

Rex Morgan MD

The Morgans were there when the emcee said that one anonymous person bought all the paintings. I think they can put two and two together and realize it's the crazy rich woman with the unhealthy obsession with their daughter. They just don't care.

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Well those were some exciting panels, weren't they?

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbursts of Everett True

And He Did.

Guess If They Are Married!

Whoops Sisters

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Dave’s Delicatessen (click for big)

Mopsy

Feiffer (click for big)

Jaf

Wee Pals (click for big)

Mr. Tweedy

Andy Capp (click for big)

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (May 10-11, 1929)

Peanuts (July 13, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (July 12-13, 1929)

Thimble Theater (January 27, 1930)

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (June 16, 1951)

Barnaby (November 21, 1942)

Nancy (July 31, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (April 13, 1929)

Barney Google (April 29, 1922)

Lil' Abner (December 26, 1936)

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Simian_Prime posted:

Anyone else willing to send pics of Intelligent Life to Seth MacFarland and hope Reddick gets a C&D letter sent to him?

No matter how practised at it he is I don't think Seth MacFarlane actually has a legal monopoly on being a lazy pointless fuckwit.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (January 27, 1930)

What the gently caress is that Kabibble?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I think that Michael Steele muppet in The Daily Show said kabibble, but I don't remember what that was supposed to mean (if it was supposed to mean anything).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Green Intern posted:

What the gently caress is that Kabibble?

A poorly phrased question about sleeveless undershirts with an "oh god it's still the early 20th century" answer? Maybe?

• Locked thread