Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Can anyone link Chip Cheezum's Duck Dynasty thread? I can't find it.

here you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Much appreciated!

edit: I'm gonna be honest, I just wanted to know where the thread was so I could find this picture again.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 8, 2016

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
What do you guys consider the best LP of Dark Souls II and Scholars of the First Sin?

I was watching a little bit of Geop's, but I don't really want to watch a blind LP. Rather an informed one that shows off all the quests and NPCs and stuff. There are a few of them on SA but I'm not sure which one to watch, if I should even watch them as compared to a YouTube LP that one of you might recommend.

Thanks for any information.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

AMReese posted:

What do you guys consider the best LP of Dark Souls II and Scholars of the First Sin?

I was watching a little bit of Geop's, but I don't really want to watch a blind LP. Rather an informed one that shows off all the quests and NPCs and stuff. There are a few of them on SA but I'm not sure which one to watch, if I should even watch them as compared to a YouTube LP that one of you might recommend.

I personally enjoyed Control Volume's LP of it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3713353 but take that with a grain of salt. He does show off the game and it's quest lines, and he does it reasonably competently...but that doesn't stop him from loving up or sometimes hating the stupid poo poo the game throws at you in Scholars.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

AMReese posted:

IGgy IGsen's was fun to watch: http://lparchive.org/Dark-Souls-II/

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

AMReese posted:

Dazzling Addar's LP got me to play the game, when I hadn't played a Souls game before

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Powerfrog posted:

I'm after some chill LPs to watch in the background I only need to give 20% of my attention to while I play childrens' card games.

Tryhard/Informative rambling on good/interesting games is more my cup of tea compared to comedy on poo poo games, but the latter usually fits this genre a lot better so suggest whatever you like.

All of CannibalK9 lps are great, but the one he did for The Void is very chill and very good, and doesn't require much attention at all and is great in the background. Highly recommended ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_wZZ8SaLVU&list=PLB8F47C6867017A55

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Niggurath posted:

I personally enjoyed Control Volume's LP of it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3713353 but take that with a grain of salt. He does show off the game and it's quest lines, and he does it reasonably competently...but that doesn't stop him from loving up or sometimes hating the stupid poo poo the game throws at you in Scholars.

TOO BAD HE STILL HASN'T FINISHED IT :mad:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

AMReese posted:

Basically, we're all just going to recommend every Dark Souls II LP on SA, so I don't know if any of this was useful.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Blind Sally posted:

Basically, we're all just going to recommend every Dark Souls II LP on SA, so I don't know if any of this was useful.
I'm sure they can take in our feedback, watch a video or two from each one, and then work from there.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I already did that before asking, but I'll think on it.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012

Nice piece of fish posted:

All of CannibalK9 lps are great, but the one he did for The Void is very chill and very good, and doesn't require much attention at all and is great in the background. Highly recommended ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_wZZ8SaLVU&list=PLB8F47C6867017A55

I loved his Talos principle LP but with the void I just... I just dunno what the gently caress is going on. It's a bit too abstract for me to appreciate even when I'm concentrating.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Powerfrog posted:

...but with the void I just... I just dunno what the gently caress is going on. It's a bit too abstract for me to appreciate even when I'm concentrating.

This is accurate to the game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

AMReese posted:

I already did that before asking, but I'll think on it.

Watch them all at the same time.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah, I'm in the middle of Iggy's LP of it. It's a little difficult to understand him at times, but he's showing off a good amount of it, which is all I need.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Does anyone know of a good video LP of Eye of the beholder 2?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Does anyone know if the Syrg and co D&D LP audio is available anywhere anymore? Kisamayatsu seems to be missing it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I don't know about the MP3 files but Captain Linebeck mirrored the videos onto YT at some point.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Is there a LP of Rogue Legacy where the player is actually competent, either here or somewhere else? I find that game really relaxing to watch, but most of the let's players I've seen are terrible to the point of it being irritating.

Also, is there a LP of 2016 Doom that stops and points out the lore stuff hidden in the game?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Petr posted:

Is there a LP of Rogue Legacy where the player is actually competent, either here or somewhere else? I find that game really relaxing to watch, but most of the let's players I've seen are terrible to the point of it being irritating.

Also, is there a LP of 2016 Doom that stops and points out the lore stuff hidden in the game?

Our very own Smite did an LP of Rogue Legacy, and considering that he was (is?) speedrunning it, he's competent. Link.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Our very own Smite did an LP of Rogue Legacy, and considering that he was (is?) speedrunning it, he's competent. Link.

Thanks!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Petr posted:

There's two Doom 2016 LPs on the forums right now: FlamingVoid's, which just wrapped up but was a more casual affair than what you're looking for, and Alexeythegreat's, which is going the hybrid route and putting the bulk of the lore details in separate posts from the videos.

HowlingGod
Mar 27, 2016
Is there a finished Beyond Earth (preferably Rising Tide but vanilla or modded is cool) LP out there?

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

HowlingGod posted:

Is there a finished Beyond Earth (preferably Rising Tide but vanilla or modded is cool) LP out there?
The master list says there's a finished vanilla SSLP supposedly here (needs archives) and an unfinished Rising Tide one here.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Powerfrog posted:

I loved his Talos principle LP but with the void I just... I just dunno what the gently caress is going on. It's a bit too abstract for me to appreciate even when I'm concentrating.

Give up trying to understand that game. I remember I thought that I could do better (by which I mean, play more optimally) than Cannibal did during that LP, so I bought the game and started screwing around. Before I knew it I was causing the entire god drat Void to basically collapse in on itself because I was farming too much and keeping myself too full of Color. Yes, you can gently caress yourself over by having TOO MUCH health in that game, because that Color will influence the game world as a whole and make the entire place more likely to drain you dry. This is without any of the other NPCs in the game yet, it's just the game world itself.

It's better if you watch that LP as something like a bedtime story and get vague impressions of what's said and intentionally left unsaid as you slip in and out of a drowsy haze.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Coolguye posted:

Give up trying to understand that game. I remember I thought that I could do better (by which I mean, play more optimally) than Cannibal did during that LP, so I bought the game and started screwing around. Before I knew it I was causing the entire god drat Void to basically collapse in on itself because I was farming too much and keeping myself too full of Color. Yes, you can gently caress yourself over by having TOO MUCH health in that game, because that Color will influence the game world as a whole and make the entire place more likely to drain you dry. This is without any of the other NPCs in the game yet, it's just the game world itself.

It's better if you watch that LP as something like a bedtime story and get vague impressions of what's said and intentionally left unsaid as you slip in and out of a drowsy haze.

Bingo. This is pretty much exactly how I use it (did it last night, actually) and it's really a very good example of why you would watch an LP at all, because gently caress playing that game ever.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I didn't get to watch much of SGDQ 2016. Any standout runs?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Nihilarian posted:

Honestly I found this SGDQ to be a bit underwhelming. Still, from what I've watched so far, PJ is usually good watching; he did a 100% of Bionic Commando (NES) this year. I also enjoyed The Goonies II (2P race), Skyblazer (but I'm a sucker for that game), Freedom Planet (gets pretty well snapped by the player), Gargoyle's Quest 2, much of the Elder Scrolls block (plus Two Worlds), the SMW race, and of course Pepsiman.

Disclaimer: personal tastes may apply.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
If you like watching one man's steady descent into fatigued, depressive hysteria, while his friends impersonate Owen Wilson and a crowd enthusiastically applauds (broad market, I know), Bonesaw577's Jak and Daxter 100% run was pretty good.

I also personally thought most of the first day was solid. Weak showing from the marathon overall, but a good first day, and there are highlights throughout the week.

Just go through the VODs thread and see what games stick out to you. https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/4r4pyp/sgdq_vod_thread_2016/

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

Nihilarian posted:

the tetris block and donkey kong tropical freeze race were actively good

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Nihilarian posted:

The Catherine co-op speedrun was played by one guy on two different controllers and was nuts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTsqOqthkPU

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Can someone recommend a good Castlevania - Symphony of the night LP? Preferably a 100% run with good commentary.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Sjonkel posted:

Can someone recommend a good Castlevania - Symphony of the night LP? Preferably a 100% run with good commentary.

I can't remember if it's a 100% run, but I always liked Zeratanis' LP. Part 1 is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnNQFmH1pOM

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

ulmont posted:

I can't remember if it's a 100% run, but I always liked Zeratanis' LP. Part 1 is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnNQFmH1pOM
Well, the alternative is valkhorn so here's another endorsement.

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

Sjonkel posted:

Edit: Actually, I think I misread the rules. I thought you couldn't just recommend your LP "cold" in this thread (like, "Hey, anybody wants to see Castlevania, I'm doing that!"), but it looks like you can't link to your own work if somebody requests the game in question either. Edited my previous post out, I can put it back in if I'm wrong. No plat so I can't PM the mods about it.

Edit: v Aw, thanks! :glomp: Yeah, on my first read of it, it seemed like repping your own stuff was out for "recommendations" but not for "requests" (this thread does both and the rules don't address the latter much), but re-reading I wasn't sure. Better safe than sorry, heh.

Wayne fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 27, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hell, I'll plug it then. Wayne did a pretty great and thorough luck build playthrough of Symphony of the Night and you can find it in the casual thread or right here!

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Nihilarian posted:

Heinki's run of Deus Ex was pretty off the hook. He expertly used a ton of glitches and exploits I'd never seen before and did a good job of explaining them in an entertaining manner as he did so.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Haifisch, or Mystic Mongol's king of dragon pass LP if I was only going to read one, and wanted to also understand game mechanics.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I'll try again since it's been a bit. Any recommendations for lps of difficult RPGs? I read the wizardry 4 LP a while ago and would like to read something similar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I've checked out all the ones on the forum but are there any good offsite Monster Rancher LPs?