Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I got to kill Nick a few times in overwatch. It felt really nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

HandsomeBen posted:

This year is half over and we've had what one qol update? Emma is the only one I can think of. I might be a little salty.

Hey you're forgetting the Deadpool 52 update that was earlier this year despite it supposed to have happen last summer.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Also the incredible Squirrel Girl QOL we got that was first promised in September 2015

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Drythe posted:

You should go with Spider Gwen

Team Stark.

Wish they'd do a pass on Iron Mans kit. Bring him more up to speed with War Machine. He's decent enough, just a lagging behind a bit.

Started playing Captain America, the American Dream skin. drat this shield kit is neat as hell. Only the fourth hero I've played.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Soothing Vapors posted:

Also the incredible Squirrel Girl QOL we got that was first promised in September 2015

And Symbiote Rocket, no?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

HandsomeBen posted:

This year is half over and we've had what one qol update? Emma is the only one I can think of. I might be a little salty.

The travel power normalization. Now everyone can get around the map at higher speeds without wasting power points or spirit.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

New top Thingburger build.

82K hp. Dominance. Win everything.

http://marvelheroes.info/build/45430/

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

TTE?

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

We only have 1 resident expert in eating rocks

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Patch 1.19 is armor event and movement goblin buffs:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/287585/marvel-heroes-2016-1-19-patch-notes

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

thicc

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

HandsomeBen posted:

ghost rider got pushed to the top of the tier list too

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

HandsomeBen posted:

In addition to the others mentioned Daredevil was reviewed in March and the changes there were pretty legit

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

oh and a handful of bottom tier heroes saw some bumps in damage, mini-qol updates essentially: hulk, taskmaster, nightcrawler (including a big boost to his sig), a few others

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Emma is the only one for a character people give a poo poo about though, correct

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Squirrel Girl surfs on a wave of rodents, QoL complete.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

LGD posted:

In addition to the others mentioned Daredevil was reviewed in March and the changes there were pretty legit

Ah yeah totally forgot about DD.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

82K hp.

0 points in Yancy Street Goodbye.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Need those points to max out his taunt man.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Zero points in Suzie too. That's another 1049 Health homeboy is missing out on, plus 50% damage reduction.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Welp, 500 hours well spent.

Edit: vv I think I had Wolvie about 270 hours when achievements came out, because they didn't start logging the time until what, late Fall of '13? Then I noticed my Deadpool had passed him because lets face it, this game is mostly about teleporting and area damage, so I just kept maining him. I don't think I'd have gotten it if idling in the Danger Room hub didn't keep the counter rolling.

Edit: I don't know why I thought that would complete the Progression tap on achievements, because of course completing this just unlocked a 1,000 hour one so screw ever seeing that green checkmark.

davebo fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 8, 2016

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
You didn't get that on Hugh Jackman? What the hell

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
Gifting function disable for now because people were buying 3rd party Gs to gift themselves or troll gift others. Then charge back from the card owner would happen and both gifter and giftee would get banned. I missed out on troll gifting someone :(

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I missed out on troll gifting myself :sigh:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Big changes:

#blessings

quote:

AgentVaporAgentVapor Posts: 3,306 Staff
5:36PM in Test Center - 7/8
Hey folks,

While a bit earlier in development compared to DCL or Miles, one of the other things you'll find on Test Center are updated versions of all existing Blessings:

Blessing of Balder:

60 Health on hit versus Weakened enemies
2 Spirit on hit versus Weakened enemies
2% chance on hit to Slow / Weaken enemies by 25% and shrink them
Blessing of Fandral:

250 Critical Hit Rating
250 Dodge Rating
+5% Total Dodge Rating
Blessing of Frigga (unchanged):

10% Summoned Ally Damage
10% Summoned Ally Health
50 Spirit
Blessing of Heimdall:

800 Deflect Rating
+5% Total Deflect Rating
Reveals enemies on the minimap
Blessing of Hela:

300 Brutal Strike Rating
800 Brutal Strike Damage Rating
5% chance on hit to deal Energy damage equal to your Health (10 second cooldown)
Blessing of Hogun:

300 Melee Damage Rating
300 Basic Damage Rating
3% less damage from Area attacks
Blessing of Loki:

200 Ranged Power Damage Rating
200 Damage Rating versus unaware enemies
1% chance on hit to become Invisible for 3 seconds
Blessing of Odin:

5% damage versus Bosses
100 Critical Hit Rating when you hit with a Ranged power
250 Critical Damage Rating when you hit with a Melee power
Blessing of Sif:

400 Movement Power Damage Rating
4% Attack Speed
1% chance on hit to Charm an enemy for 3 seconds
Blessing of Volstagg:

500 Health
500 Defense Rating
+5% Total Defense Rating
The overall goal of the Blessings rework is to equalize the relative power of each Blessing. Currently, Blessing of Hela is significantly more powerful than all other Blessing options, due to the fact that the +5% Brutal Strike Chance affix ignores diminishing returns of Brutal Strike Rating, making it far more powerful than any other option for high level players. In turn this has led to significant inflation of overall Brutal Strike chance at the highest end of hero progression that poses a growing tuning problem for high level content, and reinforces that Blessing as the mandatory choice for players. We simply can't let the problem continue forever, as the value of 20% Brutal Strike chance that ignores diminishing returns becomes more valuable with every increase in overall Brutal Strike Rating and general hero power level that it is added to.

The updated Blessings attempt to bring Blessing strength levels back to a more even playing field, while also introducing some new offensive and defensive options that previously didn't exist such as Attack Speed, total rating multipliers for Defense / Deflect / Dodge, and Health / Spirit on on hit.

In line with the change to Blessing of Hela, there will be some other important changes to the game at the time these Blessings are updated:

All other forms of "flat" Critical or Brutal Strike Chance bonuses will be changed to no longer ignore diminishing returns. For example, existing Hero Synergies such as Cable that add +2% Critical Strike Chance will instead grant +2% Total Critical Strike Chance, similar to the newer defensive total rating multipliers. These changes can also be previewed in today's Test Center build.

The health of all enemies in the game will also be decreased proportionally to the changes coming to these ratings mentioned above. This won't be reflected yet in today's version of Test Center, but will happen in tandem with the Blessing and Hero Synergy changes mentioned here when those reach the live servers.

The intent with these changes is less about reducing overall hero power level relative to existing content, and more about restoring diminishing returns as a properly functioning control mechanic to Critical/Brutal Strike chances so that hero progression and tuning can be done in a way that is healthier for the game.

We understand not everyone will be pleased with the changes to Blessing of Hela or the Hero Synergies that provide bonuses that ignore diminishing returns, we feel it is better for the game in the long term to bring Blessings and Critical/Brutal Strike chances back into balance and introduce more opportunity for hero customization.

That said, as mentioned these Blessing updates are still in development, so we're interested in hearing your feedback on the current affixes for each updated Blessing as they exist on Test Center at the moment.

Flag Quote · 6Insightful 2Agree 2Awesome Fun

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

really shaking up the gearing meta if they don't change the BR scaling function

also if they don't touch heroes with flat% bonuses to crit/brutal they will get a whole hell of a lot better relative to those without

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

"All other forms of "flat" Critical or Brutal Strike Chance bonuses will be changed to no longer ignore diminishing returns."

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

quote:

The intent with these changes is less about reducing overall hero power level relative to existing content, and more about restoring diminishing returns as a properly functioning control mechanic to Critical/Brutal Strike chances so that hero progression and tuning can be done in a way that is healthier for the game.

Uhh...this change is pretty loving huge and I'm hoping that the TTK people bitch up a storm at Gaz because they are messing with numbers that they don't really understand at this point. Flatly removing 22% Brut chance and slapping it with an extremely harsh DR curve that has a very low hard cap is pretty loving dumb. But I'm also somewhat expecting for Gaz to cave in as always and give everyone a base 10% crit/brut floor.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The game's easy.

They could take 22% total damage off everyone right now and only like 2 characters would feel it.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Your keyboard would wear out 22% faster, think about that.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Aphrodite would have to log in for that to be true

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Oh, they are also going to be reducing mob health "proportionately". So Gaz understands that this is a pretty big nerf.

Also reducing damage of everyone by 22% would be the same as increasing mob health by around 28%. Aphrodite is using some primo Gaz math.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

"All other forms of "flat" Critical or Brutal Strike Chance bonuses will be changed to no longer ignore diminishing returns."

yeah that's what they said... but when they said "All" they just meant synergy bonuses apparently

because all the heroes with flat crit/brut bonuses in skills still have them

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You saw nothing punchy!

ICR fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 9, 2016

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Wait, which thread is this?

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I just assumed he did that on purpose.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I saw the post but didn't link it to anything related to MH. After seeing it was ICR my mind just blanked it from existence like his other posts here.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
These blessing changes are dumb as hell

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

yeah that's what they said... but when they said "All" they just meant synergy bonuses apparently

because all the heroes with flat crit/brut bonuses in skills still have them

Now taking odds that when Gaz get round to changing all the flat bonuses they accidentally make it so skills that automatically crit or brut just get double the normal chance to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Whatever goon it was who suggested the visual artifact at level 1 with Odin blessing seriously thank you. I have been trading a set of pompoms around as I level and it really makes spirit no issue on anyone so the leveling is so much more relaxed and I can just play with all the powers.

Oh yeah and if you haven't done this yet I really suggest it. It makes leveling any spirit hungry char much more fun.

• Locked thread