Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

why on Earth does this game have to be Star Wars :(

I know :(

Why couldn't they at least nerf the amount of money 1 - 80 costs for a character. That'd make it more bearable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
So much for starring people up in cantina. You better use all that energy on mods or else you're team is going to be undergeared.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

Reminder to use up your cantina energy before 4 or so Pacific time, double rewards will be ending around then.

Yeah I wish they would have gave us some kind of warning about that. I mean I still can't complain to much as I got almost 70 Lando shards while it was going. Probably could have finished his 7th star if I hadn't spent a bunch of cantina points a couple hours before they turned it on.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Lots of info about mods in this next update
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/52943/community-update-7-8-2016#latest

quote:

New Features-
MODS
Mods are our newest feature that allows customization of character stats
Mods provide a significant boost to the stats of a character
Mods have a Rarity, which does not change and can range from 1 to 7
There are 6 Mod slots on each character and each Mod is associated with a particular slot (ex. A "Stabilizer" Mod can only be assigned to the "Stabilizer" slot)
Each Mod is associated with a particular set (ex. Health Mod OR Speed Mod)
A Mod has a primary stat and up to 4 secondary stats
Mods have a level that can be increased to level 15
Mods have a tier which determines the number of secondary stats currently on a Mod
The first location to earn Mods is through Mod Battles, which unlocks at level 50
Each stage is associated with a particular Mod set (ex. Stage 1 = Health Mods)
There are 7 nodes on each stage, one for each of the 6 slots and a 7th node where random slot is earned
Rarity 1 and 2 Mods are earned from Mod Battles with node 7 providing the best opportunity for Rarity 2 Mods
There initially will be 8 stages, each with its own unique Mod set
There are no character restrictions in Mod Battles
Cantina energy is used for Mod Battles and in addition to earning Mods, all Cantina Battles rewards are also earnable (ex. Ability Mats and Cantina Currency)
The Character Details screen has been updated to incorporate Mods.
Rearrangement of elements to incorporate Mods (Ex. Character name and categories included in the HUD)
Training XP reflects XP needed for next level
Detailed Stats (button at bottom of character details) has been updated to better explain stats
A character must be at level 50 to assign Mods)
Mod Management
The Mod Management screen is where Mods can be equipped on a character
The inventory of Mods can be viewed
Character stats can be viewed
Mods can be assigned and removed with each action displaying the impact on the character's stats. This allows rearranging the Mods as desired prior to confirming changes. (Removing a Mod costs credits on confirmation)
Set Bonus & Max Set bonus
Assigning multiple Mods of the same Set to a character will provide a Set Bonus
Some Sets require 2 assigned Mods and others require 4
Up to 3 Sets can be active at a time
A Max Set Bonus can be earned when all Mods in a Set are at max level (level 15)
Selling Mods
In the Sell screen, Mods can be sold for credits
A variety of filters are available to quickly identify and select all Mods that need to be sold
Upgrading Mods
Mods can be upgraded to become more powerful
Mods can reach up to level 15
Each level up increases the primary stat on the Mod
At levels 3, 6, 9, and 12, a secondary stat will be added or an existing secondary stat will be increased
Mods are upgraded by spending credits to increase the XP of the Mod.
It is possible to recieve a large XP boost immediately upgrading the Mod's level.
To prevent highly valuable Mods from being sold or destroyed, Mods can be locked

IGD: T7 is on

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 9, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Basically if you thought you have finally maxed out a character, think again.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
And also if you haven't been playing since launch good luck reaching top tiers

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Tier, rarity and level. God.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Shard system makes that not too big a problem although I'm sure they're condensing more shards than they're creating.

I'm actually happy that we will finally be able to customize rather than just maximize characters. Also, Lando desperately needs tenacity.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I wonder if the secondary stats are fixed per mod type, or if you have to grind a high rarity mod up only to find out it has health and potency and you really want health and protection.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:

Characters can no longer Dodge while Stunned

also

quote:

Closing the app on the defeat screen of galactic war was allowing the squad to be used again, this is no longer possible

I'm guessing this will be the same for raids.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I hope the "characters cannot dodge while stunned" also applies to the rancor. Hate it when that dude dodges Reys nuke when the door is down on him.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

I hope the "characters cannot dodge while stunned" also applies to the rancor. Hate it when that dude dodges Reys nuke when the door is down on him.

Yeah. I reset the raid when that happens.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Watch the Door Panel start dodging again. I don't trust them not to break something while changing this.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

iGestalt posted:

Watch the Door Panel start dodging again. I don't trust them not to break something while changing this.

LOL I am not even worried about the bugs. It's things like speed and damage stacked Reys. Royal guards stacking dodge and health. Damage stacked on fives or dooku. I am 99% sure it will break what little balance this game has. Hopefully I am wrong.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i really, really hope they don't let you start stacking dodge. i find the dodge leader meta barely tolerable as is, and i understand it has its place but its simply not "fun" and that matters.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

If dodge didn't exist lando would be op and I'd have to use someone else

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

There's no dodge mod statistic, there is accuracy. So an anti-dodge mechanic overall.

Health will either be mandatory or useless with a slight chance you can throw a million speed and health on STHan and ignore it for everyone else.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't think anyone else can win an arena fight in sub 20 seconds like Lando can now

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I had a really weird fight recently versus Teebo(l), Daka, rg, chirpa, and ewok elder. They kept stunning and doing tm fuckery for 3.5 minutes, then finally triggered my Royal Guard's taunt. Then lando pasted them in his 2nd and 3rd turns with zero resurrections.

I did discover that you can & must attack taunting characters that are stealthed.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the way stealth and taunt interact is weird, if Teebo lead gives a multi turn taunting cahracter stealth during his taunt it will end when the stealth does for whatever reason

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
T7 rancor almost dead, 17 other peeps should get their hits in on him for gear.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Please keep talking about how awesome Lando is. I'm about at 5 stars on him and can't wait to get him leveled and geared. Leia is fast behind him too.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Jibo posted:

Please keep talking about how awesome Lando is. I'm about at 5 stars on him and can't wait to get him leveled and geared. Leia is fast behind him too.

Lando gives me *life* in GW. Lando + Ackbar on my GW B-team can usually paste the entire enemy team for 8-10k before they get a chance to act, making them easy pickings for my A-team. Very important on those last few nodes.

And I don't have him even CLOSE to gear.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

kaschei posted:

This isn't really specific to Anakin but Greedo-led Lando's consecutive double downs crit for 14k

heck 15% lifesteal is doing work too
Did you see this lando-related post?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I have Leia and ST Han at 6* and 70~ both at gear level 8 i think, Lando is only 5* and close to 6* only gear level 7, and AA at 4* gear level 7 and my rebel team can clean up GW for me. Until I hit the two really hard nodes, that is.

Lando should hit 6* some time this week. Unfortunately HRS only hit 4* today but he's about to hit a relatively easy g8. I still need to skill up HRS and AA so I'm not in a huge rush, and I only get t500 arena prizes so Leia and ST Han to 7 is definitely gonna take a minute.

Not sure AA needs to really be above 4* for this team? Anyone running it have any feedback or anyone smart have any thoughts?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

IGD, we have hit the point where we need to slow down ourselves, otherwise we kill the rancor before everyone has a chance to hit it.

T7 has accelerated us into the stratosphere. We may be the TryHard guild, but can we share the wealth by cycling QGJ guildies in for loot? Start a guild exchange program?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
There seems to be like seven people who never whack the rancor in IGD so kick them. It's the only benefit of a guild so if you don't want the gear then let someone else who does.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

My phone can't reliably play this so I can't reliably spend the time it takes to do a raid before like 8:00pm when people are already clamoring for someone to finish. I think I've participated in every raid but often just token amounts.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

kaschei posted:

My phone can't reliably play this so I can't reliably spend the time it takes to do a raid before like 8:00pm when people are already clamoring for someone to finish. I think I've participated in every raid but often just token amounts.
We can finish the raid with like 30 people now so all that matters is that everyone at least goes auto for one round in like ten seconds. The amount of damage isn't important, but if someone is barely playing, and not even attempting for raid payout then it's depriving someone else of potential gear.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

rabidsquid posted:

I have Leia and ST Han at 6* and 70~ both at gear level 8 i think, Lando is only 5* and close to 6* only gear level 7, and AA at 4* gear level 7 and my rebel team can clean up GW for me. Until I hit the two really hard nodes, that is.

Lando should hit 6* some time this week. Unfortunately HRS only hit 4* today but he's about to hit a relatively easy g8. I still need to skill up HRS and AA so I'm not in a huge rush, and I only get t500 arena prizes so Leia and ST Han to 7 is definitely gonna take a minute.

Not sure AA needs to really be above 4* for this team? Anyone running it have any feedback or anyone smart have any thoughts?

I have a g8 6*-7* rebel team of AA, Han, Leia, HRS and Lando and they are pretty good at softening up the g11 meta teams but not much else. Just like with everyone else, you need to invest raid gear and omegas in them (mainly in Leia and Lando) to make any real impact. That said they are very fun to use, especially Lando.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jul 10, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Mile'ionaha posted:

T7 has accelerated us into the stratosphere. We may be the TryHard guild, but can we share the wealth by cycling QGJ guildies in for loot? Start a guild exchange program?

If this becomes a thing I'd be down for a taste of the try-hard life. I only have 9 7* people but I'd give it my best shot.

I'm currently in QGJ; IGN is Splat.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
NateDogg (in game) from GGA, putting my hand up for cycling in if the opportunity comes up as I am pretty drat try-hard.

https://swgoh.gg/u/halverine/

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
Raid gear is what is holding back my toons from going to gear IX and GGA can't do T7's Would be interested in getting in on this loot.

https://swgoh.gg/u/herux/

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Lol we're gonna be down to doing T4 raids once every high level person bails

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

11 hours left to do credit heist scoundrel event (11pm EDT)

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Put the $300k in to lando.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Inkel posted:

Lol we're gonna be down to doing T4 raids once every high level person bails

It'd be an exchange program, not a Sniping program.

We don't need more firepower, but it'd be nice if ALL goons were at least doing T6

Rano Pano
Jan 17, 2004

Maybe everyone already knows this, or it's just an incredible coincidence, but after having used Gamorrean Guard for 15+ Rancors, the guard has been the target for Devour every time (no taunt). I just think it's sort of funny if that's actually coded that way. Also it's pretty good to know who goes first.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Mile'ionaha posted:

It'd be an exchange program, not a Sniping program.

We don't need more firepower, but it'd be nice if ALL goons were at least doing T6

Oh yeah, I know, I was just giving them poo poo. Raid gear is one of the biggest things holding me back as well.

You better not keep NateDogg too long though - I don't know what we'd do without our resident whale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
IGD is doing another T7, fyi.

I'd be a little worried about stripping all the good people out of the other guilds, but we don't really want to have less than 50 dudes in a guild, and it makes no sense to put a new guy into IGD where they can't even run the raid at all.