Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elewem
Dec 4, 2013

Jar Jar Binks in my Spirit Animal
Do I need to do anything specific to get the items I get in the DvL crates to show up in my collection? I got Kreia's robes and I want to fashion show them on my baby sentinel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Elewem posted:

Do I need to do anything specific to get the items I get in the DvL crates to show up in my collection? I got Kreia's robes and I want to fashion show them on my baby sentinel.

For armor in order to add to collections you need the entire set - so if you got the robes, then you'd need to get the helmet, bracer, legs, belt and gloves and boots as well in order to unlock in collections on one character, then you can pay ~400 cartel coins to unlock the set in collections.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

Well, that makes life a whole lot easier. Thanks. :tipshat:

(I don't know about the Legendary achievements, though. Every hard-mode flashpoint? HK-51? :qq:)

I expect that once we have a few 65s we'll start doing HM flashpoint nights. Most of them are pretty easy if you know the mechanics, just a giant dice roll with pubbies.

As far as HK goes, if you already unlocked him you just need to pay a million credits to unlock him on your LvD character and kill 50 things.

Elewem
Dec 4, 2013

Jar Jar Binks in my Spirit Animal

Medullah posted:

For armor in order to add to collections you need the entire set - so if you got the robes, then you'd need to get the helmet, bracer, legs, belt and gloves and boots as well in order to unlock in collections on one character, then you can pay ~400 cartel coins to unlock the set in collections.

Didn't realize I needed the whole set. Gotcha, thanks.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Medullah posted:

As far as HK goes, if you already unlocked him you just need to pay a million credits to unlock him on your LvD character and kill 50 things.

That's good to know, thanks. I was dreading having to do the quest again on a new character just for this one achievement.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

I got to the part of the quest where you go to planets and use that little sonar thingie to find parts. I spent a pretty long time futzing around on Taris before giving up. :saddowns:

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
I'm on that part myself. We should team up sometime.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Imp side my only DvL character will probably be a Sorc, just as a heads up. I'd be down to flashpoint and Op, though, once I hit 65 with her. Halfway done with my Smuggler, then it's a Consular just to round out all my stories. The Sorc will be the one I do the Chapters 1-9 KOTFE poo poo on, though, because holy poo poo gently caress having to stay on Republic side when I don't need to.

Medullah posted:

....you have snipe on your main bar as an Operative and backstab on a secondary?

QERTF are my secondary row and I use them for my main attacks, too.

My setup:

Bar 1: 1-=
Bar 2: QERTFX, S+QERTFX
Bar 3: S+1-6, C+1-6
Bar 4: C+QERTFX, A+QERF, S+~, C+~

Tilde keys are Rocket Boost and Mount, respectively.

Then the layout I keep mostly universal across characters... Specific keys are always specific moves, like X is always my escape move and Shift-R is always my leap/speed boost/roll. Shift-Q is always my main interrupt, F is always my short duration stun, Shift-F is the single target mez, etc etc. Makes bouncing between characters slightly less of a pain in the rear end.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
You should have some luck if you ask in general if anyone is looking for the parts while you are there. They stay active for about a minute and anyone can click it. That assumes the pubbie isn't an anti-social rear end in a top hat who won't respond....I hate this game's pubbies.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
As someone whos never played Shadow of Revan or KotFE, is there anything I should know to make life easier? Non-spoiler if possible.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Prophecy120 posted:

As someone whos never played Shadow of Revan or KotFE, is there anything I should know to make life easier? Non-spoiler if possible.

Finish your class story first. I'd recommend running Taral V/Maelstrom Prison (Republic side) and/or Boarding Party/Foundry to get a bit of backstory on Shadows of Revan. If you're going for the event achievements, you have to do all of SoR (starts at 53 on your ship) and Ziost (level 60) and Knights of the Fallen Empire (Starts at 60) on at least one character, I would recommend picking one to do all of it on and soak up the whole storyline.

On a side note, I was late night inspired for two more names from a semi-obscure comic book!

For those in the know, Bueno Excellente will certainly be remade into a Scoundrel. As we know, all his work is done from the rear.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'm sorry hold on, you can put spaces in between your names now?

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 8, 2016

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Fargin Icehole posted:

I'm sorry hold on, you can put spaces in between your names now?

Yep. Not sure when that was put in though.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

M_Sinistrari posted:

Yep. Not sure when that was put in though.

I think it was in the same patch that added the new warzone and arena because I remember being impressed by this name on PTS

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah it was a few patches ago. I decided I'm going to do some Role Playing with an Inquisitor.

Darth Bill, tax accountant to the Dark Council.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Medullah posted:

Yeah it was a few patches ago. I decided I'm going to do some Role Playing with an Inquisitor.

Darth Bill, tax accountant to the Dark Council.

I wonder if you could fit "Regional Manager" into a gimmick name.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Force choking dudes out for not filling out their expense reports fully.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Levitating a pile of reports to do over the weekend and placing it on their desk.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Trast posted:

Levitating a pile of reports to do over the weekend and placing it on their desk.

Eltoasto posted:

Force choking dudes out for not filling out their expense reports fully.

"You have failed me for the last time, Davison. The failure is TERMINATION. Clean out your space-desk and see Darth Jackson over in HR for your final check"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I find your lack of participation in the company softball team disturbing.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Now I'm picturing Bill Lumbergh talking like Darth Vader and it's making me crack up.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

Now I'm picturing Bill Lumbergh talking like Darth Vader and it's making me crack up.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Best name I've seen thus far on Pube side is a Cathar named Master Shedder. Sadly he was not wearing a purple getup and Cathar can't even wear helmets.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Fuzz posted:

Best name I've seen thus far on Pube side is a Cathar named Master Shedder. Sadly he was not wearing a purple getup and Cathar can't even wear helmets.

Suffer no cathar to live, especially the ones neglecting their gimmick names.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Trast posted:

Suffer no cathar to live, especially the ones neglecting their gimmick names.

I remember the second Cathar was announced I tried to secure the best names, Garfield, Heathcliff, Liono, Panthor, etc. No luck on any of them. I think I got Fancy'feast but didn't like the looks of that.

edit - Though I did just now get Fancy Feast so I guess I might have to buy Cathar.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Medullah posted:

I remember the second Cathar was announced I tried to secure the best names, Garfield, Heathcliff, Liono, Panthor, etc. No luck on any of them. I think I got Fancy'feast but didn't like the looks of that.

Windows Alt Key codes work in SWTOR also so you can usually get any name you want if you can live with an accented vowel or two.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

TheTofuShop posted:

Windows Alt Key codes work in SWTOR also so you can usually get any name you want if you can live with an accented vowel or two.

And being a pain in the rear end to invite to the Guild (I am SO guilty of this).

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

TheTofuShop posted:

Yeah I know, I used alt codes when I transferred servers to keep my names, and I'll never do it again. Makes it really hard to whisper/communicate.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Anyone know if this game uses a 64-Bit client yet? I'm not savvy enough to figure it out based on files, and searching on Google will dig up years of old rear end threads and crap, which don't help. I want to assume it's still 32. (I'm making a funky ReShade setup for it, which I will share when I'm done if people are interested)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fuzz posted:

Anyone know if this game uses a 64-Bit client yet? I'm not savvy enough to figure it out based on files, and searching on Google will dig up years of old rear end threads and crap, which don't help. I want to assume it's still 32. (I'm making a funky ReShade setup for it, which I will share when I'm done if people are interested)

It's 32 bit. Easiest way to tell is look to see if it's in Program Files or Program Files x86 directory.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Cathar can't even wear helmets.
Pretty sure they can actually, it's Togruta with the no-helmet thing.

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

Asimo posted:

Pretty sure they can actually, it's Togruta with the no-helmet thing.

Confirmed that Cathar can wear helmets. My Cat PT rocks Shae Vizla's (original version) and there are no issues with the helmet.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I can't find the end date to the event.

Have they not announced how long it will run for?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Medullah posted:

It's 32 bit. Easiest way to tell is look to see if it's in Program Files or Program Files x86 directory.

Wow has a 64 bit client even though it installs to x86.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

OhFunny posted:

I can't find the end date to the event.

Have they not announced how long it will run for?

Nope, "late fall".

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

Kurieg posted:

Wow has a 64 bit client even though it installs to x86.

WoW also has a 32 bit client, hence why it installs to x86. Pretty much everything that has both installs to x86.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Medullah posted:

Nope, "late fall".

Best I've found on the forums there is speculation on somewhere in October or November because some events are needed for the LSvDS final tier stuff.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Medullah posted:

Who installs games to Program Files? :confused:
But yeah it's 32 bit. Still uses DX9.

To clarify what I've been up to, I'm messing with shaders and post-processing effects to make the game look more like Rebels or (less ideally) the Clone Wars CGI show. It's more out of just curiosity, but the game already has that semi-cartoony proportion thing going with character heads and such, so I'm pretty sure it could work. Main thing is just messing with the light mapping and shadow contrast.

I've already successfully hosed with it to make the graphics straight "better" and more modern with stuff like SSAO and low key HDR and DoF to make the big environmental vistas look better (holy poo poo Tattooine is beautiful) and at some point I may actually do an animated cel-shading filter to make the game look like Borderlands/a Telltale game, if there's interest.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Turbl posted:

I think it was in the same patch that added the new warzone and arena because I remember being impressed by this name on PTS

The gently caress? Whaaat? They added a new warzone?

I am way behind on this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Two questions:

Should I worry about crew skills?

Is there any difference at all between various speeders?

• Locked thread