Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the general wii u thread has been rolled into the july chat thread, thank you.

twilight princess, is good i think. not the best but not the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
thanks guys.

I'm just starting to think that 3D zeldas may not be for me. Except the new one looks like something I might enjoy.

I'll soldier through a bit more of it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game, and I couldn't blame anyone who didn't like it.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

I liked TP, but I thought the ending was streaming got garbage.

FOR FUCKS SAKE GANONDORF STOP SCREAMING AND DIE! WTF ZANT I KILLED YOU TOO WHY ARE YOU HERE?! WTF I STABBED HIM WHY WAS THE TRANSDIMENSIONAL NECK SNAP NECESSARY? WHY HAS GANONDORF NOT FALLEN DOWN YET, HE'S DEAD! STOP STANDING YOU DEAD FUCKWIT! NO STOP CUTTING TO BLACK HE'S STILL STANDING! WHO THE gently caress WRITES A SCENE WHERE FINAL BOSS GETS STABBED, TRANSDIMENSIONALLY NECK SNAPPED BY A DEAD GUY AND DOESN'T HAVE THE DECENCY TO KEEL THE gently caress OVER WITH HIS LAST BREATH?!? Oh right Nintendo.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What? Ganon died on his feet and it's loving awesome.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

greatn posted:

What? Ganon died on his feet and it's loving awesome.

Yeah, that part was loving cool. So was confusing him with the fishing rod.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

All I know as of right now Ganon is dead.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

smell this posted:

All I know as of right now Ganon is dead.

He's dead as gently caress

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

SylvainMustach posted:

is this the general nintendo wii u thread now?

I have a controversial question. I'd post it in the Zelda thread but I dont want to get jumped on.
When does TP click?

I've gotten up to the horseback battle with the kid tied to a stick and it's just not fun.

Is my brain broken?

:smith:

I'm willing to accept that it is.

It's just not fun.

Soon you'll reach the Master Sword and suddenly most of the game's issues vanish. For about four hours it'll be a fun game and then it goes back to being bad, not as bad as the start tho. Keep pushing through and there will be two top-tier zelda dungeons, Arbiter's Grounds and Yeti Mansion, then call it quits. Then play Wind Waker for a game that's actually good instead of a flatline with two sudden peaks.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Twilight Princess is a Zelda I enjoyed, I remember a fair amount of, and I have no intention of ever playing again. The intro does drag an awful lot though. Wind Waker beats it by a longshot.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game, and I couldn't blame anyone who didn't like it.

Same, but really Zelda 2.

Oh my god, I love Zelda 2 :fap:

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

BurntCornMuffin posted:

FOR FUCKS SAKE GANONDORF STOP SCREAMING AND DIE! WTF ZANT I KILLED YOU TOO WHY ARE YOU HERE?! WTF I STABBED HIM WHY WAS THE TRANSDIMENSIONAL NECK SNAP NECESSARY? WHY HAS GANONDORF NOT FALLEN DOWN YET, HE'S DEAD! STOP STANDING YOU DEAD FUCKWIT! NO STOP CUTTING TO BLACK HE'S STILL STANDING! WHO THE gently caress WRITES A SCENE WHERE FINAL BOSS GETS STABBED, TRANSDIMENSIONALLY NECK SNAPPED BY A DEAD GUY AND DOESN'T HAVE THE DECENCY TO KEEL THE gently caress OVER WITH HIS LAST BREATH?!? Oh right Nintendo.

dude chill

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

BurntCornMuffin posted:

That was like the only good part of the ending lol

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Another Luigi's Mansion would own! Dark Moon was one of my favorite 3DS games.

As for NX, I had long thought the March release would surely give way to a Fall 2017 delay. If that manufacturing story is true, I suppose March is doable. One would also assume they have to start talking about it soon. If they don't announce anything before Labor Day then I'd be shocked if a delay isn't coming. Going into the holiday season, people need to know what it is and how much it'll cost so they can plan accordingly.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I've only played a bit of Dark Moon, I really like it but it would be so much better if each "world" could be a continuous environment instead of forcing you to teleport out any time you do anything.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
If I don't wear JNCO jeans will the NX fit in my pocket?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Wildtortilla posted:

If I don't wear JNCO jeans will the NX fit in my pocket?

Lol look at this idiot who owns pants that aren't JNCOs

I do hope the NX is a console/portable hybrid, though. That'd be neat. Even if it was just a portable with an HDMI out and an optional bluetooth controller.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
OK, new pet peeve.

People on Youtube making clickbait videos with hideous NX mockups on the title card.

For all of Nintendo's faults, it has always made really attractive hardware (Virtual Boy jokes aside, and yes, I'd say that even extends to the humble Gamecube). Even the Wii U just looks like a Wii that went off its diet and let itself get a bit fat.

Nintendo NX is going to look a damned sight better than any of...those.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
To be honest, I kinda like that last mockup even though there is absolutely no reason for nintendo to try to make something that looks like that other than for nostalgia bait

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
The NX is going to be a giant Mario Amiibo.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I like the third one, but it's still pretty disappointing at how unoriginal these mockup-artists are; a N64 with glowing neon lights, a third party skin on a Wii, and a squished NES. Hoorah.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Patter Song posted:

For all of Nintendo's faults, it has always made really attractive hardware

original ds

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Calling it.
Nintendo will introduce the controllers as their DS successor, make us buy the controllers,then they will put out the home hardware with a controllerless SKU after six months.

We will buy the Nxtroller because Mariokart 9.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nintendo keeps talking about how the next Mario game's gonna be different. It's probably gonna be a first person game where you parkour your way through eight levels.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

People that like Wind Waker better than Twilight Princess are all poo poo-blooded untermenchen and belong in camps.

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Remember Zant said that as long as Ganondorf is alive, he (Zant) can be brought back to life. Ganondorf was still alive when Zant was defeated.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Nintendo keeps talking about how the next Mario game's gonna be different. It's probably gonna be a first person game where you parkour your way through eight levels.

Mario is going to have a gun that shoots Koopa Shells.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Mario's Edge?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I'm gonna take a guess and say the next Mario game is gonna be focused all around flying. Basically, having a permanent wingcap.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jonas Albrecht posted:

A sequel to Yoshi Safari

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Maybe it's finally the Grand Theft Kuribo: Koopa City we've been waiting years for.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Given Nintendo's new direction (that direction being "where other companies have been going since ~2008"), I wouldn't be surprised (though I would be a bit disappointed) if the next Mario game was like 64 or Sunshine but with all of the various worlds bleeding into each other in one continuous map, rather than the discrete paintings of 64 or Ms of Sunshine.

Mario would have a Star radar in the upper left corner that says 54 meters to the northeast there's a Star etc.

Mario's Creed would be a pretty horrible idea on paper. It might just turn out fun because when's the last mainline Mario game that wasn't, but...yeah.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think all Zelda games are overrated when they come out, and underrated six months later.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Next Mario is gonna be augmented reality real-world Mario a la Pokemon Go where the levels are real-life locations as they show up on your phone.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

greatn posted:

I think all Zelda games are overrated when they come out, and underrated six months later.

Cartoon Link is pretty much the Jewish Question of the Zelda franchise.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Cartoon Link is pretty much the Jewish Question of the Zelda franchise.

:yikes:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Patter Song posted:

if the next Mario game was like 64 or Sunshine but with all of the various worlds bleeding into each other in one continuous map, rather than the discrete paintings of 64 or Ms of Sunshine.
So Jak and Daxter.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'd prefer a hub than one contiguous world, or if you do have a contiguous world, a hub serving as shortcuts. That could work. Like, in Mario Sunshine you can see other levels from the level you're in, there's a real geography and continuity to it. So if you could actually get to other world if you want and maybe there's hidden stuff out there, but I'd still rather navigate with portals.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I just want a merger of Sunshine and Galaxy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's amazing how much water Sunshine had and yet how little of it I would call a "water level".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

FactsAreUseless posted:

So Jak and Daxter.

No, an interesting and fun game.

• Locked thread