Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

xyigx posted:

Whatever goon it was who suggested the visual artifact at level 1 with Odin blessing seriously thank you. I have been trading a set of pompoms around as I level and it really makes spirit no issue on anyone so the leveling is so much more relaxed and I can just play with all the powers.

Oh yeah and if you haven't done this yet I really suggest it. It makes leveling any spirit hungry char much more fun.

That would be me. Thank you for listening to my many truths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

4 balder all day

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness
I got Spider-Man from the random hero box. I don't normally dig melee heroes, but I kind of enjoyed that he wasn't dependent on a combo system to do good damage. Everything felt faster paced when I could just press whatever was up at the time and mow some dudes down.

Is there a ranged hero with similar gameplay? I've been leveling scarlet witch since I got her from another random box, but it really feels like the game slows to a crawl when debuffing enemies or stacking dots is a prerequisite to doing good damage.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Well, spider man actually had a ranged build as well

e: but I think my go to ranged guys as far as "hold down a ranged spender and maybe press 2-3 cooldowns as they come up" are cyclops and ranged blade. Cyclops is kinda older design and fragile if you aren't careful with positioning, so not everyone likes him. But he's one of my favs.

Mover fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 9, 2016

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Cyclops' Optic Devastation remains one of the most satisfying moves in the game. Press button vaporize half of screen.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

there is a apparently a bug right now where you can have every single team up in passive mode and one in active. idk how it works but check this poo poo out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s52kSXdbngU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mover posted:

there is a apparently a bug right now where you can have every single team up in passive mode and one in active. idk how it works but check this poo poo out

This is what Cyclops should be like ALL THE TIME

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

McSpanky posted:

This is what Cyclops should be like ALL THE TIME

Am I a dum-dum for not taking any of Cyke's 'Strike Force" powers? They all seem kinda clunky.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

They get you a second damage type for power doop and he doesn't have a better layer/cd option for those points, so yes. You are.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gynovore posted:

Am I a dum-dum for not taking any of Cyke's 'Strike Force" powers? They all seem kinda clunky.

Yes

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
That's the summon tree right? How could you think a second damage type AOE would be bad?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Gynovore posted:

The uninitiated will probably say you're a dum-dum, but true pros know that cyclops is all about the one-button build so there's no point in wasting clicks putting points in those skills.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Using the Jean Grey strike team is the pro move imo. Waifu over damage

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Cyclops' Optic Devastation remains one of the most satisfying moves in the game. Press button vaporize half of screen.

Yes it's still one of my most favorite skills for this reason.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I prefer to use the Xtended strike team power, which you bring up by pressing the T key, clicking on a non garbage hero, and then the "switch" button. It's lasted me 800 hours so far, and that's with 0% power duration.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Mover posted:

quote:

right now

lol

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
Hey this new Iron Fist maskless costume sure is cool!

:gaz:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

oh i get it now :rip:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I logged in but I was still so tired of cakes that even though they're gone, I have PTCD and couldn't go on. Send insulin.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Dely Apple posted:

I logged in but I was still so tired of cakes that even though they're gone, I have PTCD and couldn't go on. Send insulin.

how about you PTCDeez nutz

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Ryolnir giveth and Ryolnir caketh away.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sorry if this was posted.

quote:

RyolnirRyolnir GazillionAvengers Infinite MansionPosts: 7,868 Staff
July 8 in General Discussion
Hi all,

We're going to take brief server downtime at 12PM PST to disable the Gifting feature.

This feature will be re-enabled in the coming weeks after we've made some changes to it.

The downtime in-game this afternoon will be short.

Thanks for your understanding!

Gifting is dead.

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012
I left for surgery and came back to a dead, cakeless game.

It's like a weird version of "28 Days Later", but with a lot of discussion about bulges.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

OneDeadlyBum posted:

I got Spider-Man from the random hero box. I don't normally dig melee heroes, but I kind of enjoyed that he wasn't dependent on a combo system to do good damage. Everything felt faster paced when I could just press whatever was up at the time and mow some dudes down.

Is there a ranged hero with similar gameplay? I've been leveling scarlet witch since I got her from another random box, but it really feels like the game slows to a crawl when debuffing enemies or stacking dots is a prerequisite to doing good damage.

Try Deadpool, he works for both ranged and melee. You've still got DoT layers to apply and timing things to do maximum sustained damage (that's like every character in the game) but he's a ton of fun and you can mostly faceroll cooldowns with little regard to setup on the majority of gameplay.

LGD fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 10, 2016

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Sorry if this was posted.

Gifting is dead.

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday gift!!! Thanks Gaz :smith:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I facerolled Cosmic Times Square last night with Summoner Ultron - I'm not sure why people are having difficulty with it. Maybe you guys aren't following Bing's guide close enough?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

So when they say "Coming weeks", how are they measuring it in real world time?

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Polegrinder posted:

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday gift!!! Thanks Gaz :smith:

But what do you buy for the guy that hates good things anyway?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

jubelio posted:

But what do you buy for the guy that hates good things anyway?

Squirrel Girl

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness
I picked up ultron. Got him to 60 and was having a lot of fun. However, im now realizing that a lot of my bis gear is tied to achievements that require hundreds of runs, or events that only cycle through every now and then. Welp

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Grinning Goblin posted:

So when they say "Coming weeks", how are they measuring it in real world time?

The first week of august 2016 and the first week of august 2021 are both coming weeks.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Already have her from a random box. Love her. Just got her an Octobot Controller and maxed her level 80 Trident. I still need the two artifacts from that bullshit Ultron terminal though.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

OneDeadlyBum posted:

I picked up ultron. Got him to 60 and was having a lot of fun. However, im now realizing that a lot of my bis gear is tied to achievements that require hundreds of runs, or events that only cycle through every now and then. Welp
You can get that gear without the achievements. They are just a guaranteed pressure valve if the RNG super fucks you. The stuff stills drops. Today I ate a 50% item find boost I had left over from the event, and after about 15 kills I had an Octobot controller. Didn't take more than 25 minutes or so. I've also had multiple flags, skrull communication device drops, and other such things over the past couple days.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Filthy Monkey posted:

You can get that gear without the achievements. They are just a guaranteed pressure valve if the RNG super fucks you. The stuff stills drops. Today I ate a 50% item find boost I had left over from the event, and after about 15 kills I had an Octobot controller. Didn't take more than 25 minutes or so. I've also had multiple flags, skrull communication device drops, and other such things over the past couple days.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who want to stab you right now.

RIF boosts don't really do poo poo. You just got lucky.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Lucky sure, but it does drop. The achievement isn't the only way.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
I've been splitting runs between Sinister and Doc Ock to get the kills reward. I'm at 350 Ock with no controller. I was only at around 70 Sinister kills when my last cake dropped a Sinister's Cuirass with an Int bonus. :getin: I have a bad feeling I'll be running out the Doc Ock kills though.

As for lucky, while leveling Ultron up Moleman dropped a staff at level 52.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Filthy Monkey posted:

Lucky sure, but it does drop. The achievement isn't the only way.

I got my first legit octobutt drop after about 600 kills. So yes, you are technically correct.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm sure there are a lot of people who want to stab you right now.

RIF boosts don't really do poo poo. You just got lucky.

I got Doom's Octobot Controller and Latvoopian Monarch Cloak from random drops. Just keep killin' mans.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Its kinda terrifying. You guys talking about hundred of runs of a single terminal, and I've yet to clear the Cosmic Trial on any of the 5 guys I've got at 60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003

Hobold posted:

Its kinda terrifying. You guys talking about hundred of runs of a single terminal, and I've yet to clear the Cosmic Trial on any of the 5 guys I've got at 60.

Ask us about our time played.

• Locked thread