Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

oh yeah, trip report, tonight WOL/GIRL did combined ops on Faction Warfare, going 3/0 in our first 3 matches vs no Long Toms. Combined firepower let us pull out 3 games, one of which wasn't even close, before losing the 4th and hilariously just throwing away the 5th.

This mode is actually really loving fun with 10-12 in comms and no Long Tom death bombs. The pitched battle lines are pretty neat, and while committing to a 45min round with queue times is rough, the actual maps are pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

We have achieved Mecha Shiva

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I didn't get an invite to WOl yesterday, is there something else i need to do? The OP just says to post in thread with name.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

I used this near-exact build to do most of the matches in the Scouting challenge last week, and it worked great - the SSRM Stormcrows everybody was running were poo poo at managing heat and poo poo at destroying a Centurion. Two important tips though:

1) Strip armor off the right arm to field at least another half ton of SRM ammo, you're likely to need it

2) The worst thing that can happen, and it happened to me a few times, is to end up the last survivor with your left torso gone or your ammo depleted. Highly embarrassing. To prevent that, play super aggressively and try to draw fire off your teammates (the 90m range flamers will help in that regard)

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Baron Porkface posted:

I didn't get an invite to WOl yesterday, is there something else i need to do? The OP just says to post in thread with name.
You must pass the Trial of Walter.

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Ahdinko posted:

Got 778 damage in a scouting match with the ENF-5P, the enforcer seems really awesome for scouting, it's quirked for U/AC5's and will dakka out to 660m optimal with modules and you can fit that handy flamer for shutting all the clan mechs down. I think this is the ultimate IS scouting robot

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=250&l=3c70821c1a6c850827c0dfd9d3e0f62b1cac9770

I too enjoyed this build immensely while doing scouting drops last night.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

EponymousMrYar posted:

The only dumb decisions that have actually threatened the game recently have been the minimap change and they fixed the issues with that pretty darn quick. (The old minimap was still better though.)

Oh and RIP maps but they're more whining affairs than actual threats.

I'm actually quite liking the new frozen city. Seems dumb to just ditch the old ones thigh, they should use them for 8v8 with fixed composition canon mechs or something.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

sebmojo posted:

I'm actually quite liking the new frozen city. Seems dumb to just ditch the old ones thigh, they should use them for 8v8 with fixed composition canon mechs or something.

I like the art design of the map, but it has a very large and pointless waste land that is pretty much just flat terrain for no reason. You can still force a brawl on the map, but it's really loving hard to do sometimes.

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

Baron Porkface posted:

It costs WoL like 20 million CBills to invite someone right now. I can invite you to GIRL if you want. It's only 3 million for us.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Beraiye posted:

It costs WoL like 20 million CBills to invite someone right now. I can invite you to GIRL if you want. It's only 3 million for us.

easiest way to get an invite is to hop in the mumble

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014
This invite system is hosed. That's another 3 million out of pocket. So much for the free CBills from the event.

I think it's time for a purge of both units. This whole thing is ridiculous.

Also, if you're active, try to donate. Even a few hundred thousand here and there really adds up.

Seriously, I've donated almost 100 million, in total, to GIRL.

Beraiye fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jul 9, 2016

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

easiest way to get an invite is to hop in the mumble

I pm'ed you for the info, the OP says that the mumble info is in the outfit MOTD but I don't know how to access the MOTD

Why does inviting someone cost money?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Baron Porkface posted:

I pm'ed you for the info, the OP says that the mumble info is in the outfit MOTD but I don't know how to access the MOTD

:pgi: basically.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

:wow: I'd heard this game was developed by some pretty notorious mongoloids; this is quite the bad omen to start the game off with!

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

Baron Porkface posted:

Because PGI wanted to make it "harder" for large groups to continue to grow and dominate the FP map... unfortunately, they have more resources and get free CBills and MC just for controlling planets on those maps. End result... the midsize and small groups ended up eating the brunt of the poo poo sandwich.

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

Baron Porkface posted:

there's an invite to GIRL. I've already put the money in and can't get it back. May as well take it.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Beraiye posted:

there's an invite to GIRL. I've already put the money in and can't get it back. May as well take it.

I'll take it.

edit- haha invites apparently last 15hours good thing I didn't sleep on it and check back tomorrow!

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jul 9, 2016

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Beraiye posted:

This invite system is hosed. That's another 3 million out of pocket. So much for the free CBills from the event.

I think it's time for a purge of both units. This whole thing is ridiculous.

Also, if you're active, try to donate. Even a few hundred thousand here and there really adds up.

Seriously, I've donated almost 100 million, in total, to GIRL.

How exactly do I donate. The UI is not making it easy

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
The 12-GaugePult is as much fun as it looks, which is very very very fun.
The arrangement of the lasers makes you feel like piloting an X-Wing.

Tweaking to follow.

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

tarbrush posted:

How exactly do I donate. The UI is not making it easy

You have to go to Faction Play. Then the Unit button and coffer management. Of course it's overly complicated.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yolomon Wayne posted:

The 12-GaugePult is as much fun as it looks, which is very very very fun.
The arrangement of the lasers makes you feel like piloting an X-Wing.

Tweaking to follow.

I loving love LBXs and I always have, glad to see they're in vogue. They're just such satisfying guns to fire.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Since I can modify my mechs, what am I doing when i select a variant? Can I modify a variant to be the same as another variant?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Baron Porkface posted:

Since I can modify my mechs, what am I doing when i select a variant? Can I modify a variant to be the same as another variant?

Clan and IS have different rules: with IS, variants have different arrangements of weapon slots, max engine size and quirks, so no you can't always modify a variant into another. Sometimes one variant will be the clear best, other times there will be a bunch of good ones. One thing to look for is ecm, only a few robots can use it.

With Clan the variants are a lot more interchangeable.

Post a variant and we'll tell you what it's good for.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Well the catapaults are on sale so I was thinking of getting one of those.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
:shepspends:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Baron Porkface posted:

Well the catapaults are on sale so I was thinking of getting one of those.

K2 isprobably the best of the bunch.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I see so many of those lovely LRM shame bears that whenever I see the tribal tats I just hug them. At least half the time it works.

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

Just seeing that on a 100 ton mech killed a little piece of my soul.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I've seen a lot of builds like that and I don't understand where the tonnage goes. That's like 12 or 13 tons of weapons.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

BattleMaster posted:

I've seen a lot of builds like that and I don't understand where the tonnage goes. That's like 12 or 13 tons of weapons.

Ammo to spam at locked targets hiding behind a wall

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I love it when people pack less firepower than a medium on an assault.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I've gotten into the habit of publicly shaming those builds when I see them either through chat or comms. Really bad habit from tanks that I've imported.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I've gotten into the habit of publicly shaming those builds when I see them either through chat or comms. Really bad habit from tanks that I've imported.

If only there was that stat rating overlay here.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I switched my ERPPC Thunderbolt to LPLs, and my first match was on some massive fuckoff gigantic ice map. Whose bright idea was this again?

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Nerses IV posted:

I switched my ERPPC Thunderbolt to LPLs, and my first match was on some massive fuckoff gigantic ice map. Whose bright idea was this again?

You're gonna have to be way more specific, there are 3 of these.

e:

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Honestly if I had energy I'd think about it, but there's no teaching any of these people. If people don't want to learn, they're not going to learn.

Fortunately if you end up on the other side of these pubbies you can tear them in half in almost comical rampages.

KaoliniteMilkshake fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 9, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

BattleMaster posted:

In the screenshot hes got roughly 8 tons of ammo left, and thats way after midgame...

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I will start a petition to implement the report category "extraordinary cowardice"

e: i forgot, whats our opinion on the Huntsman?
With the reinforcement and hero mods, you could make 9E or 8M builds.
And its got JJs this time.

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 9, 2016

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I will start a petition to implement the report category "extraordinary cowardice"

e: i forgot, whats our opinion on the Huntsman?
With the reinforcement and hero mods, you could make 9E or 8M builds.
And its got JJs this time.

Mediums are good or bad based on quirks, and we don't know this one's yet. It has what looks like decent side torso hardpoints.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Cease to Hope posted:

Mediums are good or bad based on quirks, and we don't know this one's yet. It has what looks like decent side torso hardpoints.

Its a clan Omni, i wouldnt hold my breath for any quirks at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Its a clan Omni, i wouldnt hold my breath for any quirks at all.

Clan Omni mediums that are not the Stormcrow tend to have a ton of perks to specialize them. You're thinking of heavies.

• Locked thread