Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Which characters give poo poo for trust rewards?

Like is there a point to grinding trust for liza who gives lullaby?
Baurg for store?
Mel for drink?
Shiki for tranquility?

Or are the one/two star non +10% health, fira/whatever spells just crap?

Lastly.... 3 kain..... Crazy to get 3 of his weapons right?

It's worth noting that Drink (from Mel) and Throw (from Shadow) are the only way, period, to use those stat potions and throwable items you've been finding.

Also, any and all filler is better than a blank slot, and you'll eventually get enough cheapo units from the friend summons anyway, even if you save up for the special summon events like we have going on here.

Also, Gungnir is a good spear. The best spear, actually. And a lot more people than just Kain can use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I can see some uses for Drink. All buffs in 1 turn on somebody isnt too shabby

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

So, i'm inches away from getting CoD to 5*... and realize I'll lose all the progress I've made on upgrading their LB.

Welp.

GoGoGadget posted:

Did 5 pulls today, got Golbez, Kefka, Cloud of Darkness, Chizuru and a 5 star Vaan.

Fuuuuuuck Yooooouuuuu.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mister Macys posted:

Kefka's new laugh loving sucks.

I thought you were being an overreacting goon. I WAS WRONG. :cry:

Jesus wept, he sounds like loving Waluigi now.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Even at minimum acceleration, Nox seems a bit too laggy for the macro to hit all the commands in one go. It usually goes through two sets of commands, pauses for a while, then does some more, all while the game is still chugging along. Seems like it goes through 2-3 repeats of the script to actually work.

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man

KataraniSword posted:

I thought you were being an overreacting goon. I WAS WRONG. :cry:

Jesus wept, he sounds like loving Waluigi now.

Yeah I was just about to comment that it sounds like Wario but you've pretty much nailed it. Kind of gross to listen to.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
I cant seem to find the file im supposed to edit for the script.

well Ill do it manually for the friend points and because im a masochist

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Does anyone know if the JP version got more trophy rewards beyond the Hero Ring recipe?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Is there anytime to use Friend points aside right now? Dont really need the cactuars or snappers atm.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Shoenin posted:

I cant seem to find the file im supposed to edit for the script.

well Ill do it manually for the friend points and because im a masochist

did you use the script recorder to record a button press to make the base file?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
If I already have ExDeath are my new Golbez and Kefka just redundant, or is a team of mages something you'd want to do from time to time?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

baram. posted:

did you use the script recorder to record a button press to make the base file?

Yep, Its made. But I can't locate the file itself.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Shoenin posted:

Yep, Its made. But I can't locate the file itself.

it's in c:\users:\(your user name)\appdata\local\nox\record

appdata is usually a hidden folder so just post that string to file explorers bar.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Mischalaniouse posted:

If I already have ExDeath are my new Golbez and Kefka just redundant, or is a team of mages something you'd want to do from time to time?

What does your heart say? That, my friend, is the correct answer.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What does your heart say? That, my friend, is the correct answer.

Blowing stuff up is fun.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Mischalaniouse posted:

Try to get everyone on your team using the same element and get as many elemental chains as possible. Bonus points if you have someone with Faith and Imperil.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Oh

just drew 3 3* Golbez' in a row. ok then.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

baram. posted:

it's in c:\users:\(your user name)\appdata\local\nox\record

appdata is usually a hidden folder so just post that string to file explorers bar.

found it. Thank you good sir.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Even though I have ExDeath I want an excuse to use Golbez. Every time I see his in game sprite this starts running through my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caOGSAVCxZ8

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I'm grinding Golbez's TM for Meteor but realized that no current unit with Dualcast is able to even equip the lvl 7 black spell. :(

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I pulled enough shantottos to give my new ex death 3 30% magicka and my tetras Ultima. Huehuehuehue

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Going to start playing for real now I think:

4* Vaan
3* Bartz
3* ExDeath
3* Golbez

And some good complements like Rydia and Kain and Krile. I guess I need to aim for that good healer first?

Man this game feels like it throws more at you right away than FFRK did. Never had so much menu digging in a mobile game before.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

kalensc posted:

Going to start playing for real now I think:

4* Vaan
3* Bartz
3* ExDeath
3* Golbez

And some good complements like Rydia and Kain and Krile. I guess I need to aim for that good healer first?

Man this game feels like it throws more at you right away than FFRK did. Never had so much menu digging in a mobile game before.

Luck rear end.

Only pulling Cecil or Roselia would make that more perfect.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Zotix posted:

I pulled enough shantottos to give my new ex death 3 30% magicka and my tetras Ultima. Huehuehuehue

That's what I'm doing with my ExDeath but the damage still pales in comparison to a physical barrager with good ATK.

Unless there's 4+ enemies I guess.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Garfu posted:

That's what I'm doing with my ExDeath but the damage still pales in comparison to a physical barrager with good ATK.

Unless there's 4+ enemies I guess.

That's why I said on release for people to focus on auto attackers opposed to casters. Ex death might be amazing for challenging content and such, but 99% of what you do will be auto attacking stages, and you'll want solid auto attackers for that, not mages.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Zotix posted:

That's why I said on release for people to focus on auto attackers opposed to casters. Ex death might be amazing for challenging content and such, but 99% of what you do will be auto attacking stages, and you'll want solid auto attackers for that, not mages.

Funny thing is, isn't Exdeath good at autoattacking as well? I mean, he can equip swords right.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
He's fine for it, it's just as fast to have my exdeath use an -aga to wipe a wave solo.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

If I want to max out daily rewards/quests, do I need to "save" story dungeons for future days once I hit today's reward (i.e. 3/3 story dungeons) or can I re-run them and it counts?

Quality Control
Feb 2, 2001

Your are very dangerous. Be dead down here.

kalensc posted:

If I want to max out daily rewards/quests, do I need to "save" story dungeons for future days once I hit today's reward (i.e. 3/3 story dungeons) or can I re-run them and it counts?

You can rerun them.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
This game wants me to finish my four job fiesta. My freebie pulls gave me exdeath, 5* Buttz, and two 4* Kriles. No Galuf though.

I did another 5 pulls on the new banner yesterday to get Kefka and Golbez. Mage team ho!

My current team is the following:
Magitek Terra (nostalgia)
Rain
Buttz
Exdeath
Krile

For tryhard fights should I level up a team like this?
Exdeath
Kefka
Golbez
Buttz/Krile
Fina

Krile would complete the Mage team but Buttz is my only 5* and has imperil.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I did some script testing and determined that if you run the no lapis script at 5x acceleration on a delay of 60 seconds, you will use your energy near-optimally, with a surplus of 10 seconds per run.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

He's fine for it, it's just as fast to have my exdeath use an -aga to wipe a wave solo.

But you have to play it. I can start a stage as I turn a corner at work, and hit auto and throw my phone in my pocket and be done.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So if I want to engage in Nox shenanigans, should I or shouldn't I back up my account to Facebook?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

HGH posted:

So if I want to engage in Nox shenanigans, should I or shouldn't I back up my account to Facebook?

If you plan on playing on more than one device with the same account, you will need to.

Shishells
May 25, 2012

What's the fastest way to get my ifrit to 2*?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Explore Zadehl Westersands a million times.
It'll be useful to get Fire Megacrysts too anyway.

MohShuvuu posted:

If you plan on playing on more than one device with the same account, you will need to.

Thanks!

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Kyoujin posted:

This game wants me to finish my four job fiesta. My freebie pulls gave me exdeath, 5* Buttz, and two 4* Kriles. No Galuf though.

I did another 5 pulls on the new banner yesterday to get Kefka and Golbez. Mage team ho!

My current team is the following:
Magitek Terra (nostalgia)
Rain
Buttz
Exdeath
Krile

For tryhard fights should I level up a team like this?
Exdeath
Kefka
Golbez
Buttz/Krile
Fina

Krile would complete the Mage team but Buttz is my only 5* and has imperil.

Numbers-wise, Buttz is better, but he's also not a cool mage sooo....

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Adding friends as KupoKupo.

Early in the game, which of ExDeath, Vaan, Bartz, or Golbez should I put up for friend-sharing?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Shifood posted:

What's the fastest way to get my ifrit to 2*?

Buy the Esperanto packs for $. 99. It's literally the best value possible in this game for anything. I just whale out every Esperanto pack when they come around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpZealot
Nov 25, 2005
Yes, I've played Starcraft.
Right now I have Rain, Fina, CoD, ExDeath, and Buttz. Should I bother with the current rate up event or just hold on to my tickets?

• Locked thread