Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gaz-L posted:

Or an Apple TV/Amazon Fire thing where you only buy the poo poo you like.

But those don't have all the things ;_;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Scyantific posted:

http://nerdist.com/the-cw-signs-new-streaming-deal-with-netflix/

Looks like DC/The CW scrapped their own streaming plans and went with Netflix instead.

Please don't go, CW Seed. How else will I watch Hellcats & Pushing Daisies & Constantine?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Uh, Netflix?

I don't think they're getting rid of Seed but if they were they would probably move over.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
How the hell did they get Pushing Daisies anyway? Wasn't that an ABC show?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

How the hell did they get Pushing Daisies anyway? Wasn't that an ABC show?

It was on ABC but produced by WB.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Similarly, isn't Code Black on CBS produced by ABC?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

John Barrowman has been added as a series regular on Flash and Legends of Tomorrow in addition to Arrow.

http://tvline.com/2016/07/08/arrow-john-barrowman-series-regular-flash-legends-of-tomorrow/

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

So Barrowman is our Flashpoint Green Arrow?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Klungar posted:

So Barrowman is our Flashpoint Green Arrow?

That or he rises to power with no Ollie to stop him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He succeeded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShH8EewhsGM

(Still his best moment on the series. Though that part in the Legends stealth pilot/crossover where he's just waiting in the shadows in the Arrowcave and no one notices him until his dramatic 'entrance' is close)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

John Barrowman has been added as a series regular on Flash and Legends of Tomorrow in addition to Arrow.

http://tvline.com/2016/07/08/arrow-john-barrowman-series-regular-flash-legends-of-tomorrow/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhQst2mFlJM&t=1s

Seriously why the gently caress is the worst character getting more parts. I have enjoyed a lot of the CW shows even when a lot of other people said they were sucking rear end* but jfc, Merlyn should have had an arrow through his head numerous times this past season, and even in S3 as well. I wanna know who Barrowman is blackmailing at CW to keep this gig.

*this is not to say that I'm defending them, I've just still been able to enjoy Flash despite Barry being a loving idiot, for example

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 9, 2016

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Because the worst character is being played by the best actor.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TwoPair posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhQst2mFlJM&t=1s

Seriously why the gently caress is the worst character getting more parts. I have enjoyed a lot of the CW shows even when a lot of other people said they were sucking rear end* but jfc, Merlyn should have had an arrow through his head numerous times this past season, and even in S3 as well. I wanna know who Barrowman is blackmailing at CW to keep this gig.

*this is not to say that I'm defending them, I've just still been able to enjoy Flash despite Barry being a loving idiot, for example

You should go home and watch I love Lucy

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

You should go home and watch I love Lucy

Yeah probably!

Skwirl posted:

Yeah probably!

doesn't mean i have to like it though

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Joe West is not the worst character.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Joe West is not the worst character.

I meant the best actor on Arrow.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Who do you all think is the best actor on Supergirl?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lightning Lord posted:

Who do you all think is the best actor on Supergirl?

Calista Flockhart.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

I meant the best actor on Arrow.

You can't just make blanket statements man!

Skwirl posted:

Calista Flockhart.

Without a doubt.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Yeah, I agree with that.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Skwirl posted:

Calista Flockhart.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In the crossover episode Melissa Benoist was amazing. She was just so happy all the time.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

X-O posted:

Well it's not like Legends can get any worse

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I cannot stand by and let Merlyn get the title of worst character while Felicity Smoak exists.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Producers for Legends of Tomorrow said that unlike season 1, season 2 is going to be more of a slower reveal with the villain.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

I cannot stand by and let Merlyn get the title of worst character while Felicity Smoak exists.

This is because they are the fan favorites and the CW really likes to cater to the majority of their fandoms.

Except in the case of the Flash where the majority wants Iris to be a 3 dimensional leading lady, and has literally been begging since s1 then it's "gently caress you". One of the writers even said that Kreisberg was surprised she had so many fans and that they cared about her storyline outside of her romance with Barry. 😑😑😑

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

In the 21st century a showrunner is surprised that people want a female lead to be more than a doe-eyed love interest :psypop:

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Koalas March posted:

This is because they are the fan favorites and the CW really likes to cater to the majority of their fandoms.

Except in the case of the Flash where the majority wants Iris to be a 3 dimensional leading lady, and has literally been begging since s1 then it's "gently caress you". One of the writers even said that Kreisberg was surprised she had so many fans and that they cared about her storyline outside of her romance with Barry. 😑😑😑

Honestly her romance with Barry is like the worst part of the character. Between Barry still being a kid when he was adopted by Joe and Joe in the present day encouraging these two people he raised and who see him as a father figure to hook up, their relationship is kinda creepy.

Like, I'm not saying it's straight up incest, but I just feel like if two people can call the same person "dad", they just on principle shouldn't date.

E:

McSpanky posted:

In the 21st century a showrunner is surprised that people want a female lead to be more than a doe-eyed love interest :psypop:

A 21st century showrunner on a channel that pretty explicitly trends younger and female. In a shocking development, young adult women like it when characters that are young adult women do more than date the young adult male lead.

burnishedfume fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 9, 2016

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

DrProsek posted:

Honestly her romance with Barry is like the worst part of the character. Between Barry still being a kid when he was adopted by Joe and Joe in the present day encouraging these two people he raised and who see him as a father figure to hook up, their relationship is kinda creepy.

Like, I'm not saying it's straight up incest, but I just feel like if two people can call the same person "dad", they just on principle shouldn't date.

While that's true, also consider: Barry's had four father figures and one of them was his greatest villain in disguise who also time traveled to kill his mom, another was killed by a psychopathic speed freak from another dimension who also pretended to be a friend and mentor, one of the remaining two is the doppelganger of the man the first one killed to assume his identity, and Barry stood in for HIS doppelganger to watch the fourth one's doppelganger die. We're kinda in uncharted family dynamic waters here. Like, Barry could date his dog and I'd say "give him a break, he's been through a lot".

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 9, 2016

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I forgive Barry because they established he liked Iris before Joe took him in. It would be creepy if it was after.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Barry was friends with Iris, and was likely infatuated with her before they moved in together. Wasn't he like 11 when his mom died, and dad was arrested.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Forgive Barry all you want, but the writers sure as poo poo should have figured out something better.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

StumblyWumbly posted:

Forgive Barry all you want, but the writers sure as poo poo should have figured out something better.

Nah, It's not really that loving weird dude.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

muscles like this? posted:

Producers for Legends of Tomorrow said that unlike season 1, season 2 is going to be more of a slower reveal with the villain.

So it will be Malcolm Merlyn. In all 3 shows!
No one will expect that.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The Barry and Iris relationship feels weird to me in the same way MCU Bucky and Cap hypothetical does. They feel like siblings and have a sibling background.

Felicity and Barry was a much better relationship that was aborted.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

In the crossover episode Melissa Benoist was amazing. She was just so happy all the time.

The Flash crossover episode was the only Supergirl episode I've seen, but Melissa was SO adorable. She just radiated sheer joy, especially during the ice cream scene. That episode captured the silly fun, excitement, and happiness of a superhero team-up story far more than the dour Batman v. Superman film ever could.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

God drat those costumes and special effects were REAL bad though. Seriously that lady with the face paint

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Dexo posted:

Barry was friends with Iris, and was likely infatuated with her before they moved in together. Wasn't he like 11 when his mom died, and dad was arrested.

That does save it from blatantly being incestuous and from Joe being a monster, but the show has pretty solidly established Joe sees Barry as a son, and Barry sees Joe as a dad-like figure, so at the very least it's weird Joe's trying to hook his two children up together, and it's still weird for Barry to be hooking up with someone whose family he's been a part of for the better part of his childhood.

McSpanky posted:

While that's true, also consider: Barry's had four father figures and one of them was his greatest villain in disguise who also time traveled to kill his mom, another was killed by a psychopathic speed freak from another dimension who also pretended to be a friend and mentor, one of the remaining two is the doppelganger of the man the first one killed to assume his identity, and Barry stood in for HIS doppelganger to watch the fourth one's doppelganger die. We're kinda in uncharted family dynamic waters here. Like, Barry could date his dog and I'd say "give him a break, he's been through a lot".

I wouldn't go as far as letting Barry date a dog, but that is fair that the dude's kinda short on dad-figures that haven't ended up messing with him pretty badly (including his biological dad who thanks him for getting him out of jail by skipping town). Barry could use a new father figure that really sticks by him and wants to raise him like the son he never had--

X-O posted:

John Barrowman has been added as a series regular on Flash

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

God drat those costumes and special effects were REAL bad though. Seriously that lady with the face paint

Here's the thing, I know Silver Banshee looks like that in the comics, but I always thought it was supposed to be her actual skin, like magic or something, but nope, Supergirl decided she just slathered greasepaint on herself and wore a cruddy Halloween costume, like a lazy cosplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dexo posted:

Nah, It's not really that loving weird dude.

Yes it is.