Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

FoxStrats posted:

Nintendo has been on a downward spiral since about late 2007. They realize that appending onto once-original-and-fresh franchises with trivially different installments isn't working, so they're attempting to woo their 90's fans with retro poo poo like rear end-backwards fight-sticks, if I can even call them that.

Nintendo was once great, but they refused - and still refuse - to compete in the arms race that other studios are waging on them, so they're losing a massive amount of fans; by assuming that their legacy would carry them, they've effectively granted the marketing department precedence to save some of the patrons Nintendo has left.

If that doesn't convince you, no other studio would come up with something this awkward and un-usable besides a titan on its last legs trying to come up with something new like they used to back in the 90s/early 2000s.

I bought Tokyo Mirage Sessions and it owns hard. :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ultramega posted:

Can anyone vouch for hori fightsticks? I want to learn how to play stick but I'm not paying 230+ for a loving videogame controller.

Hori Rap4 is probably the cheapest good stick
Go for it

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Thank. I heard a lot of companies discount their stuff around EVO so I guess I'll pick up a Rap4 in a week or so.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Ultramega posted:

Can anyone vouch for hori fightsticks? I want to learn how to play stick but I'm not paying 230+ for a loving videogame controller.

They're fine, I've used a RAP4 before and while I personally don't like the buttons as much as something you'd find in a TE2 they're still high quality buttons and it's a good cheap stick if you need something that's PS4 compatible

ZWZ
May 6, 2007

Homerun
RAP4 is good, it feels a little different than the standard Sanwa stick and buttons but I got used to it very quickly. I don't regret it.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

TES+ is on sale on amazon, just got one for the same amount I'd have paid for a rap4. Just in case anyone else is interested in getting one.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Ultramega posted:

I got a hori v3 for cheap like forever ago and it still works solid. I've heard good things about general build quality for being entry level sticks.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah my RAP4 Kai is good. I bought it because it was way cheaper than the MadCatz stuff in Canada. Then after four months I put 70 bucks worth of parts into it replacing all the parts with seimitsu stuff because this hobby turns you autistic. The stock stuff in it is perfectly fine though.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Dusted off my old Sega Genesis, bought a couple of these and a $5 copy of Super Street Fighter II and had a great time. I forgot how nice the Genesis pad was for fighting games.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

1. Do people still play TTT2 online, 2. is the netcode good, 3. if so should I get it on xbox or ps3? Asking for a friend

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bad metaphors posted:

1. Do people still play TTT2 online, 2. is the netcode good, 3. if so should I get it on xbox or ps3? Asking for a friend

it's not completely dead, and at the least there's a handful of goons that will play you, yes, IDK

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

I would assume 360 has a bigger player base right now since it was the games with gold game last month but I'm just guessing.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Soooo as a PC gamer that doesn't want to spend a lot of money since I'm a casual FG player, is the Fighting Commander 4 (PS3/4) worth 43 eurobucks?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's a good pad and significantly better than any other pad you could use, if you don't want to get a stick.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VcbfP8b1ys

Mai's coming to DOA, along with Yuri/Kasumi/Hinako costumes. Yes, the Yuri/Kasumi costumes will break.

They're also getting Attack on Titan and Aquapazza costumes.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Mai's coming to DOA, along with Yuri/Kasumi/Hinako costumes. Yes, the Yuri/Kasumi costumes will break.

wow.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Anyone else gonna be at the Toronto Red Bull event today? Come say hi.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the most hosed up part of this is her boobs look smaller than they do in kof

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Guillermus posted:

Soooo as a PC gamer that doesn't want to spend a lot of money since I'm a casual FG player, is the Fighting Commander 4 (PS3/4) worth 43 eurobucks?

Make sure you get the "new" model with symmetrical grips, supposedly the build quality is a lot better

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Has DOA5 secretly been awesome since it came out. It was never on my radar

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

In Training posted:

I tried running through the tutorials and maybe I'm just a stupid idiot but man the game has way too much poo poo going on

IIRC there's multiple types of crumples, launches, juggle states, and knockdown states and there's no way I'd ever want to keep track of all that nonsense

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

inthesto posted:

I tried running through the tutorials and maybe I'm just a stupid idiot but man the game has way too much poo poo going on

IIRC there's multiple types of crumples, launches, juggle states, and knockdown states and there's no way I'd ever want to keep track of all that nonsense

This was my experience too. When i thought the tutorial was over it was only beginning. At least its f2p

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
DOA5 is a better game than most people give it credit for because of how fast and loose it plays it with the tits. Give it a chance, fellas!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is it on PS4? I can play it though PS Now but that's not going to happen

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

In Training posted:

Yes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Yeah grab the core fighters version on psn its free. The tutorial is thorough as gently caress.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

In Training posted:

Not to discourage you but you should probably watch the first 5-10 minutes of this.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bhsman posted:

Not to discourage you but you should probably watch the first 5-10 minutes of this.
i dont think anyone is surprised or shocked that doa has a ton of downloadable fanservice costumes

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Endorph posted:

i dont think anyone is surprised or shocked that doa has a ton of downloadable fanservice costumes

Keep watching. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im not sure what im watching for

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Endorph posted:

im not sure what im watching for

It's kind of a moot point since Training mentioned PS4 so it may be different but the first 13 minutes is just the XBOX version's DLC just refusing to work or being incomprehensible.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 9, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah grab the core fighters version on psn its free. The tutorial is thorough as gently caress.

Ok that's what it is. There's like 1000000 listings on PSN with different ways to write to Dead or Alive 5.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
loool breast motion: off/natural/doa

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

dangerdoom volvo posted:

loool breast motion: off/natural/doa

One of the selling points for the next gen versions of Last Round was new boob physics settings.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

You can unlock another breast motion option. "OMG"

Im serious.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Real hurthling! posted:

Don't get it on psn, iirc it's less expensive boxed

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Smoking Crow posted:

Don't get it on psn, iirc it's less expensive boxed

idgi. the 4 character version is free to play

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Real hurthling! posted:

idgi. the 4 character version is free to play

you get all the characters for less money than if you got them all via dlc