Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who blew it the hardest?
This poll is closed.
Conor McGregor 31 15.98%
Jon Jones 163 84.02%
Total: 194 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Al-Saqr posted:

ok sorry, I didn't realize that submissions were actual 'breaking limbs' scenarios and not just holds that the opponent cant get out of. that part I didn't quite get so thanks for clarifying that danger. I really enjoyed watching the Holly holm Vs. Rousey fight and I just want a little more back and forth like that match was since it was two different techniques figuring each other out and countering.

Yeah, any submission is because the fighter is about to pass out from being choked or is about to have a limb/joint broken. If they can endure whatever the hood is then they don't submit and if it lasted long enough I guess the ref would stand them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

NoDamage posted:

Can someone explain why Miesha tapped so suddenly? The arm was over her mouth and nowhere near her neck and I thought the choke hadn't actually been applied yet, and then she tapped. I thought the RNC involved the arm blocking the flow of blood to the arteries in the neck, but it didn't look like they were in that position yet.

Her neck was being cranked past the point it's supposed to go.

EDIT: Also, you can actually put somebody unconscious with a facelock, aka "RNC on the jaw" - it compresses the jaw against the nerve that runs behind it, and can cause people to pass out.

neonburzt
Jul 25, 2010

Dirt posted:

UFC 200 kinda sucked. But i got drunk in IRC with some goons and it was cool and good.

Which server and which channel might I ask?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Dan Didio posted:

Ah yes, the two types of fighter; the striker and the other one.

i admit i don't follow MMA super closely but ronda was made to look like a joke against someone who could stop her shots and stand and strike. Sounds like Nunes wouldn't be able to do that though, I guess?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Last time she waited to tap someone pulled her arm off, I understand her logic.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

neonburzt posted:

Which server and which channel might I ask?

https://www.synirc.net/
#mma

quality dorks in there

We talked about how old we are and what we were drinking, and how crazy Brock Lesnar is

edit:

Centripetal Horse posted:

I've asked Charlie to comment on this card.

Thats a cool cat. But Aldo owns

Dirt fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jul 10, 2016

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

2-8 gfd[sb
b\\
fj21433bnkg
j
Z":?
wqghb

He says he wishes Edgar had won.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

NoDamage posted:

Can someone explain why Miesha tapped so suddenly? The arm was over her mouth and nowhere near her neck and I thought the choke hadn't actually been applied yet, and then she tapped. I thought the RNC involved the arm blocking the flow of blood to the arteries in the neck, but it didn't look like they were in that position yet.

Miesha knew she was done and that gave her a way out without taking more damage

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
I think Tate was probably also having difficulty breathing at that point

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Centripetal Horse posted:

2-8 gfd[sb
b\\
fj21433bnkg
j
Z":?
wqghb

He says he wishes Edgar had won.

same

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Tweak posted:

i admit i don't follow MMA super closely but ronda was made to look like a joke against someone who could stop her shots and stand and strike. Sounds like Nunes wouldn't be able to do that, I guess?

By the power of rock paper ronda, nunes got beat by two fighters ronda beat in 30 seconds or so.

Ronda came into the Holmes fight unprepared, kinda out of shape and got caught early. Since she has almost zero experience in fights lasting more than 2 minutes, she panicked and got bodied.

But honestly, Nunez/Holmes will probably be the next fight, because who knows what Ronda has been doing

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

same.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

Fluffdaddy posted:

By the power of rock paper ronda, nunes got beat by two fighters ronda beat in 30 seconds or so.

Ronda came into the Holmes fight unprepared, kinda out of shape and got caught early. Since she has almost zero experience in fights lasting more than 2 minutes, she panicked and got bodied.

But honestly, Nunez/Holmes will probably be the next fight, because who knows what Ronda has been doing

Didn't she say something like "back to work" after the Tate/Holm fight?

neonburzt
Jul 25, 2010

Dirt posted:

#mma

quality dorks in there

We talked about how old we are and what we were drinking, and how crazy Brock Lesnar is

edit:

Ahh, thanks. Been doing gameday wrong all this while: refreshing this forum every few secs or after something funny happens.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Thought I had when Nunes won: "Nunes is the fighter that Bethe Correia thinks she is."

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Schwarbage posted:

Didn't she say something like "back to work" after the Tate/Holm fight?

She could have meant back to working that 5 gallon tub of neopolitan

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Al-Saqr posted:

Oh I dunno, make it more points based, maybe instead of one tap out it can be three strikes, etc. more emphasis on technique, etc. I dunno, like, we've had multiple championship matches decided by one single quick stroke and it's too quick to really get excited or interested in what's going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOMJKl4DcFE

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
I made something fast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyGu_wzXKZg

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Had the post fight show on while doing other things and DC owns

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Dirt posted:

Aldo looked loving phenomenal. There is no denying that. I didn't want to see Aldo lose, so much as I wanted to see Edgar win.

Charlie is the best. He's upset, though. He's licking my knee to death with that sandpaper tongue of his.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Nifft posted:

OK Chael knock it off.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Thank you

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!
If I had paid for this shitshow I'd want a refund.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

vulvamancer posted:

If I had paid for this shitshow I'd want a refund.

card was decent

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

plz alter gif so that water bottle is blue Thai dickwater

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Sprecherscrow posted:

Thought I had when Nunes won: "Nunes is the fighter that Bethe Correia thinks she is."

Wanderlei is the fighter Correia thinks she is, Nunes actually throws jabs and stuff.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Had a nice payout on my parlay.

$2 bet (yeah, I'm a cheapo)
Pena by Dec
Cain Rd1
Brock Dec (I'm a huge Hunt fan, but this was a good possibility)

Payout: $141

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

Dirt posted:

#mma

quality dorks in there

edit:

How on earth are you all able to watch this card, be in IRC and read this thread in realtime goddamn those are some amazing speed reading/shitposting skills

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
If you get knocked out in 10 seconds, then the second fighter comes in to take your place. Usually Zangief or Mega Man.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Kragger99 posted:

Had a nice payout on my parlay.

$2 bet (yeah, I'm a cheapo)
Pena by Dec
Cain Rd1
Brock Dec (I'm a huge Hunt fan, but this was a good possibility)

Payout: $141

nice!!

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Embarrassing results. Set up for a poo poo show, and got a turd.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
"Brock Lesnar does what Brock Lesnar wants to do"

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Brock's eye looks really bad.

Also, he seems to have improved his fight camps for this fight.

He's leaving the possibility of coming back for more fights really ambiguous.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
Have they announce the bonuses yet?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Brock owns

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Brock is open to a Cain rematch. I would be down to see that. Brock has a lot of tape on Cain he could review.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
"One more question and then I'm going to drink a Coors Light" :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
"One more question, then I'm gonna go drink a Coors Light-err a Bud Light!" lmao

• Locked thread