Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

That was the most excited any human being has ever been for an Echo Fox game there at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hot topic: is froggen too much of a primadonna to play the meta mids, or is he incapable of playing them

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Bard + Gangplank and Bard + Zilean are both disgusting combos

All three is hilarious

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

if fox dont fire their coaches i hope they get relegated. or stay in lcs but continue to be a bottom tier team.

everyone should just draft azir against them every game the rest of the split

... Didn't they already do that?

I mean, Cop quit on June 21 (and is hanging with Saint on Apex)

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Immortals v TSM in the finals is going to be pretty cool

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Schnorkles posted:

Immortals v TSM in the finals is going to be pretty cool

Watching those 2 run wild through whatever wack eu teams bother to show their faces at worlds is gonna be tight

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Huhi is so goddamn bad

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Jerkface posted:

Watching those 2 run wild through whatever wack eu teams bother to show their faces at worlds is gonna be tight

imt match up with eu teams v bad stylistically imo

tsm will be cool to watch at worlds tho

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Were there any Nami ults that weren't blocked by Braum that game?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

NV with Freeze would be terrifying right now.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Calax posted:

I think leaving NV to join H2K was a lateral move.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Calax posted:

they'd have to drop one of ninja or procxin to do that

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Calax posted:

... Didn't they already do that?

I mean, Cop quit on June 21 (and is hanging with Saint on Apex)

The current coach is still doing this so I don't see how them having also fired Cop changes anything.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Team?

Teaaaammm?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Schnorkles posted:

they'd have to drop one of ninja or procxin to do that

Oh nooo

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

These forced dives are painful.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
dardoch is a lad

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

What's the cooldown on that Ashe arrow?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Hypocrisy posted:

What's the cooldown on that Ashe arrow?
With max cdr, it's 60s/54s/48s

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
I know who I'm cheering for this IWCQ.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-K01StrahU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Doublelift is great because whenever he's saying something someone personally agrees with, he's a smart and valid source, but whenever he's saying something they do not agree with he's a dumbass who nobody should listen to.

He's like a reflection of somebody's personal opinions.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
DL has said a lot of really dumb poo poo in the past but he is v right in that video

stump collector
May 28, 2007
CSGO has a major 3 times a year and its pretty exciting

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think bringing up declining viewing numbers on the weekend guaranteed to have the worst possible viewing numbers is dumb as gently caress. if you dont like the game as much now idc but don't try and tie it in to some objective facts

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I guess Doublelift wasn't watching EchoFox vs. P1 then.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Viewership is down tho, although it was last season too but people liked that godawful teleport meta for some reason so you didn't hear them mentioning it. but now dynamic queue killed LCS

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

exethan posted:

CSGO has a major 3 times a year and its pretty exciting

Yeah I don't even play CSGO and it's been way more entertaining than recent League.

I think there are a lot of factors contributing to the decline which is really worse than it just being one thing.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
lol what does the prize pool matter for whether something is more compelling to watch? What a weird thing to even mention.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Firebert posted:

lol what does the prize pool matter for whether something is more compelling to watch? What a weird thing to even mention.

i guess he just means something on the line. prize pool doesn't matter necessarily, but if there's nothing really being played for its just a boring game. tournaments are more fun and exciting because every game feels like it matters. with LCS everyone just fucks around until playoffs because who cares?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

LCS viewership is down because the viewers don't care about these games because there's not a prize pool. And it has nothing to do with their personal feelings about the game.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

riot's old twitch channel used to have 2 million followers while nalcs1 has 200,000~ with the rest being lower. while this might seem kinda silly from what i've learned from youtube analytics actually having people follow is pretty important for retaining viewership.

qtpie has 5 times the amount of followers as the current main NALCS channel. i dont see why prize money or whatever stupid poo poo would ever matter when it didn't matter for the last x years.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Aren't there other ways to watch the LCS now? Like on Youtube?

Firebert posted:

Doublelift wants more money which is the right attitude to have about e-sports and any profession really.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jul 10, 2016

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
he was talking about international tournaments and watching good teams not just prize pools

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Lovechop posted:

i guess he just means something on the line. prize pool doesn't matter necessarily, but if there's nothing really being played for its just a boring game. tournaments are more fun and exciting because every game feels like it matters. with LCS everyone just fucks around until playoffs because who cares?

The reason why the games are boring and often meaningless is because the league is too big and the cutoff for playoffs is too generous. If Riot went back to 8 team LCS and/or had only four teams advancing to playoffs instead of the top 60%, the regular season split would mean a lot more.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
No one is watching League anymore because everyone is playing Overwatch now. The world has moved on...

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Nobody likes league anymore. Everyone would rather watch ( looking at the most popular games list) Mega Man X3.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

looking at twitch the new up and coming esport is... Evolve somehow?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
on the real tho, i'm starting a competitive mario party league and you're all invited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i actually think that lcs viewership has been dropping a lot in the past two seasons at least partially bc of the promotion/relegation situation and a lot of teams being sold. for the first couple of seasons of LCS you could more or less follow the teams, even if old team coast or evil geniuses were total garbage there was like a familiarity with the orgs and rosters that no longer exists.

it really feels like 80% of eu teams have changed ownership and the teams that haven't have had massive roster turnover. in NA you've got TSM who have huge brand recognition but only really carrying over bjerg, and of course they have DL now who is also super popular. Team Liquids second longest tenured dude is Fenix for fucks sake.

• Locked thread