Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

clean ayers act posted:

I mean, he's only got 23 seconds and its not nearly as demoralizing as him just dominating an early mountain stage like in the last two tours he won. In those cases it was just clear he was in a class beyond the others... while that may still be the case here this stage didn't prove that by any means.

I think it's more demoralizing, really - I mean, everyone expected Froome to dominate early mountain stages to the point that the TDF organizers literally planned this stage to prevent Froome from getting ahead too early. Instead, he flipped them the bird then took the lead on a descent, which is kind of awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

serious gaylord posted:

Someone tell me how to capture the eurosport player so I can get a clip of Quintana and Valverde yelling at each other.

Just video it with your phone like a millenial, mate.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
rip in peace 2016 tdf. u were boring then u died aged 8 days

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Box Hill Strangler posted:

Yeah I think you're right

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Box Hill Strangler posted:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They're broadcasting the entire stage today which is cool in theory but will probably be 4 hours of Sky and Movistar riders sitting on the front and 10 minutes of action at the end.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Although saying that Contador has gone on the attack 170k's out.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Sagan is outclimbing Contador

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think Contador might not finish this stage.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Yeah when Fränk loving Schleck tries to encourage you and THEN you start drafting behind the team car, you're probably not long for this world.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
At least the stage isn't boring.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I think Bert's already negotiating the terms of his surrender now

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

I think Bert's already negotiating the terms of his surrender now

Synchronised pissing ahead of him really made that shot.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

He's got a fever according to the Swiss TV

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Why are BMC still wearing yellow helmets?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Xabi posted:

Why are BMC still wearing yellow helmets?

Leading the team competition.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Bertie abandons :(

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Welp, bye Bertie

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Oh well

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
He didnt look like he stood a chance from stage 1 tbh.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

He didnt look like he stood a chance from stage 1 tbh.

Perhaps true but he's always entertaining. Now we're probably stuck with the Sky train and Valverde actively sabotaging Quintana.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Xabi posted:

Perhaps true but he's always entertaining. Now we're probably stuck with the Sky train and Valverde actively sabotaging Quintana.

I'm sure Aru and maybe TJVG can try and challenge for the leahahahaha yeah no you're right.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol at that Pinot sprint

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

lol at that Pinot sprint

Like a nodding dog on the parcel shelf.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

I'm sure Aru and maybe TJVG can try and challenge for the leahahahaha yeah no you're right.

TJVG and porte apparently had their DS screaming in their radio to chase froome down yesterday but they decided quintana should do it instead

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Bored af, gonna go play Pokemon Go.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They should fit them with shock collars so the DS can properly goad them into action.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Not a single team wan't to try and take it to Sky. It's like they're all sat there waiting to get dropped.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

Not a single team wan't to try and take it to Sky. It's like they're all sat there waiting to get dropped.

they'll wait till 300 meters before the end and be shocked they only gained 1 second. Bring back Andy S and a proper long range beast of an attack

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"That heat signature you're picking up in the seat post? No, it's not a motor, it's the shock unit we use to zap his bollocks every time he rides like a coward."

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

they'll wait till 300 meters before the end and be shocked they only gained 1 second. Bring back Andy S and a proper long range beast of an attack

Nah its fine we're perfectly happy to let all the dropped Sky riders get back, assemble on the front and ride a really relaxed pace until they just turn the afterburners on and jettison all of our riders out the back in the last 20km. How else would you ride?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Movistar and Satan's till have two riders in the break? Surely they have to try something.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

HappyCamperGL posted:

Movistar and Satan's till have two riders in the break? Surely they have to try something.

The break is so far away the riders up there are pointless.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That fukken moto. Christ.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Barguil cam incoming.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cavendish hasn't dropped out of the peloton today, has he? Him and his domestique must be pretty dead after yesterday.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Depends on your definition of peloton. Technically they're in the gruppetto but there's like 80 riders in there. The last time they were at risk of really getting dropped was when Valverde was still in the breakaway and the pace was high.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Landa taking a monster turn on the front

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I mean with the sprinter pack. Not like yesterday when they did most of the stage with just the two of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

goatface posted:

Yeah, I mean with the sprinter pack. Not like yesterday when they did most of the stage with just the two of them.

All the sprinters (bar Sagan) went out the back in the first 10k so they've just formed a giant group today. They won't get cut.