Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Just singling this out since I have to wonder, how many people voting against Ryan in the primary also believe that their guy will inherit the Speaker position if he wins and be upset to learn otherwise? I remember that happening with Cantor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

I love this picture. Trump solved the Trolley Problem by killing everyone!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
lol @ the guy who who wants to wage a forever war in the middle east being disqualified because he's too moderate

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Tautologicus posted:

No, either in that case you take his statements about staying in the public eye after the election if he loses it at face value, or you don't. if you do, then he disappears and and goes back to running the trump organization largely. if you don't, then he starts his own TV channel or something (doubtful).

but the original statement was "lol if you think trump will continue his movement after he loses", the trouble with that is his supporters don't think that because trump has said the opposite. and so who is that even responding to.

Uh, boosteds jerking off over the maga movement as if there's anyone to continue it after trump loses and runs back to Manhattan with his combover between his legs.

That's why I mentioned him explicitly.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Boosted_C5 posted:

Trump/Flynn 2016

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

But give Newt an important cabinet position he's still my guy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

yeah where did anyone possibly get the idea that people think that trump will continue his movem-

none of that implies trump himself would continue the movement. maybe you don't know what trump's platform is, and what there is to continue.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

... with his combover between his legs.

ewww

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

shiksa posted:

Uh, boosteds jerking off over the maga movement as if there's anyone to continue it after trump loses and runs back to Manhattan with his combover between his legs.

That's why I mentioned him explicitly.

no one needs to continue it, it will continue itself. just like the ron paul candidacies had a ripple effect on trump's campaign.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

baw posted:

whoa the nyt publishing an anti-clinton piece? never thought i'd see the day...

Maureen Dowd is such a piece of poo poo that Obama actively hates her and thinks less of people he calls friends who are also friends with her. It's pretty impressive.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
More evidence that the movement is cracking up: conservatives are starting to turn on the Drudge Report.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DrPlump posted:

White voter named Judd confirms Trump landslide!

lol. what a clown rear end. way to win supporters for your movie dickhead, call anyone who thinks it might be poo poo bigots. it sounds like the early reviews is far from good.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Either Trump always says the exact opposite of what he will do or he always tells the truth. There is no middle ground.

pretty much. I believe if trump loses he will carry on legal poo poo for months.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

More evidence that the movement is cracking up: cuckservatives are starting to turn on the Drudge Report.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Oof, aside from the catastrophic policy position as far as Republicans are concerned this guy is just not ready to be thrown into the ring, it's not like Trump has the time or resources to put this guy through candidate boot camp.

Fallin on the other hand is just staying on the Trump's campaign daily message and is willing to spout bullshit with a smile. She might actually be his best choice.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

can anyone name a good Ghostbusters sequel??

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Farm Frenzy posted:

go back to pol you stupid human being

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

the paradigm shift posted:

can anyone name a good Ghostbusters??

I've learned in the past few months that Ghostbusters 2 was actually Really Good and the cartoons were actually total masterpieces

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

The cartoon was p decent

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Newt would win his VP debate

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

rear end cobra posted:

Newt would win his VP debate

Probably, because Tim Kaine is about as charismatic as a lump of playdoh, but I'm not sure how well Newt's tactics will translate to a one-on-one sit-down debate with a silent audience.

Obviously, Newt wins if they schedule a series of seven Lincoln-Douglas style debates with a timekeeper, but no moderator.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

DynamicSloth posted:

Fallin on the other hand is just staying on the Trump's campaign daily message and is willing to spout bullshit with a smile. She might actually be his best choice.

Has there been any sign that Fallin is being vetted?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Joementum posted:

More evidence that the movement is cracking up: conservatives are starting to turn on the Drudge Report.

I'm just now realizing that I haven't seen my hardcore republican coworker, who loathed Trump, with drudge open in months.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Slate Action posted:

If you think that Trump gives a single gently caress about keeping his movement going after he loses, hahahahahahahahaaha

He'll keep his movement all the way to the Trump News Network and his promised Trump U reboot - the best thing his true believers could do if they truly care about Trump over the GOP is to not donate a cent now, and write cheques generously after he takes the big L.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trump will cause a new rebirth of the GOP by attracting minorities and gays to the movement.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

"Black Lives Kill" is a slogan that puts Drudge well past Trump into outright white supremacist territory. Drudge's readers were never web-savvy alt-right kids, but retirees and such for whom Drudge's "hasn't been updated since IE5" web design is nice and reassuring.

Drudge misjudged where his audience was. Someone like Milo could probably get away with saying "Black lives kill" and just laugh it off like it was a punchline while the Nazis who hang on Milo's every word take it deadly seriously.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/752104803849867264
https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/752105220839211008
https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/752161325162213381

mannerup fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 10, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So what exactly is the strange trick to make Trump lose the convention?

At this moment the only have influence in other matters like potentially throwing a hissing fit over the VP pick.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The MAGA legions were roasted inside their tanks praise Reagan.

They will never set foot inside of Cleveland.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Patter Song posted:

"Black Lives Kill" is a slogan that puts Drudge well past Trump into outright white supremacist territory. Drudge's readers were never web-savvy alt-right kids, but retirees and such for whom Drudge's "hasn't been updated since IE5" web design is nice and reassuring.

Drudge misjudged where his audience was. Someone like Milo could probably get away with saying "Black lives kill" and just laugh it off like it was a punchline while the Nazis who hang on Milo's every word take it deadly seriously.

This, Drudge thought he still mattered and still had pundit immunity with the right. the thing is he cant because he isnt "officially alt-right" now he openly bigoted himself past trump(for now) by forgetting to dog whistle.

Killer robot posted:

Just singling this out since I have to wonder, how many people voting against Ryan in the primary also believe that their guy will inherit the Speaker position if he wins and be upset to learn otherwise? I remember that happening with Cantor.

this. but they also hate him because he is a "dirty rotten liberal/leftist/muslim loving RINO".

nope. 2 is meh/crappy, the cartoons were ok and that 360 game was basicaly ghostbusters 3.(and that was pretty decent) and the reboot judging by the early reviews looks like sandler esq poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

LOL. seriously. I mean maybe they will try, i can see the Establishment throwing a last line of defense, but i doubt it . I mean who would they pick. I assume it would be a Harding or Garfield situation.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Oooooh you cannot reach me now, oooooh

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

DynamicSloth posted:

Oof, aside from the catastrophic policy position as far as Republicans are concerned this guy is just not ready to be thrown into the ring, it's not like Trump has the time or resources to put this guy through candidate boot camp.

womp womp

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/752172111876292609

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Dapper_Swindler posted:

LOL. seriously. I mean maybe they will try, i can see the Establishment throwing a last line of defense, but i doubt it . I mean who would they pick. I assume it would be a Harding or Garfield situation.

kristol already has a candidate in mind

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/752168629559369728

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

and the reboot judging by the early reviews looks like sandler esq poo poo.

welp I guess you must love Trump

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Trump picking a pro-choice general as VP would be the fuckup of such magnitude that it leads the delegates to actually revolt. That would be just an impossibly stupid move on his part.

Flynn, just by virtue of being pro-choice, just made himself a worse strategic pick than Newt Gingrich.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Now that there's two incredible disaster VP picks within reach, I don't want it to be Pence twice as hard.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
https://twitter.com/evansiegfried/status/752134756112957440

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Slate Action posted:

Now that there's two incredible disaster VP picks within reach, I don't want it to be Pence twice as hard.

Christie would be pretty funny too.

Basically, I hope Trump doesn't pick Pence.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
What if all these GOP VP picks are saying moderate things just to avoid being picked by Trump

David Duke will be Trump VP pick

My moneys really on christie tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If Ghostbuster's flops then Donald Trump will surely win. If you support Hillary then you must watch ghostbusters hundreds of times. Just pretend it is good movie like you pretend Hillary is a good candidate.

• Locked thread