Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

blue squares posted:

I just realized that Trump is refusing to pay to vet anyone, so they are just constantly leaking names so that the media will vet them for free

ding ding ding ding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Baloogan posted:

there is one moment that I really hate, when bartlet is talking about how james bond is ordering a weak martini when he askes for it shaken not stirred.

james bond is a spy, its not like hes going to a bar to get wasted. bartlet is smarter than that, sorkin isn't

The author of bond drank so much he got brain damage and his hands shook, so he couldn't stir drinks. Bond drinks so much in the books he should be blackout drunk.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Honestly though I think this is the first legitimately smart choice presented. To a lot of people, McChrystal is a reliable witness to Obama and Clinton's failing on security and foreign policy. He provides a sense of authority to Trump's bullshit.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

shiksa posted:

Ones a has been that just wants to be looked at and the other... I don't know what happened, but something... something changed him

yeah, the breaking of Christie is amazing

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's going to be Jeff

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

DaveWoo posted:

And yet Gingrich and Christie are reportedly actively lobbying for the VP slot.

Tellingly, both blowhards who also speak off-the-cuff about anything and seem to be a committee-of-one.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jewel Repetition posted:

Betting Market Report, Trump VP pick edition

Mike Pence 30 %
Newt Gingrich 25 %
Chris Christie 10 %
Michael Flynn 8 %
Other 27 %

Other sure feels like easy money with anything involving Trump

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

and still, between morrow, trump and everything....
We train young men to drop shitposts on people, but their moderators won't allow them to write "cuck" on their posts because it's obscene!

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Jewel Repetition posted:

Betting Market Report, Trump VP pick edition

Mike Pence 30 %
Newt Gingrich 25 %
Chris Christie 10 %
Michael Flynn 8 %
Other 27 %

I expect Pence's lead is entirely a function of betting market's assumption he is the most rational choice.

I would not bet anything on any late breaking surprise name from Trump sources because these are just obvious bait for free media, Trump could well have a name no one has considered in mind but he won't leak it a few days early.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
This just in; Trump to consider General Schwarzkopf for VP.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Al! posted:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wait, wait, I'm hearing reports now that Trump is considering General Jack D. Ripper for his VP slot

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Joementum posted:

One point John Dickerson made this week on the political gabfest is that he's spoken to several people who removed themselves from Trump's VP list because they realized that there's no campaign apparatus and they'd basically be out in the wilderness for five months having to respond to every new stupid thing Trump said with no warning ahead of time, no staff to manage their schedule, and nobody to handle the press.

This is why Gingrich is the superior Trump pick, his 2012 campaign actually improved once he fired all of his staffers.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Trump campaign alert: Guile from street fighter chosen as VP pick

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Someone compared Cruz to Gingrich since they're both selfish brinksmen with ideas so insane they'd be on medication if they weren't born rich, and it made me think how glad I am that Cruz never had a real sex scandal. If there were evey a story told with details as lurid as the Newt's "little boy smile" but about Cruz, I would scream until I died.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Joementum posted:

Tellingly, both blowhards who also speak off-the-cuff about anything and seem to be a committee-of-one.

I think about this post a lot:

Joementum posted:

Newt is an extremely corrupt ex-politician who resigned in disgrace and has spent the last twenty years sucking down as much lobbyist cash as he can fit in his giant stomach while somehow managing to be in debt.

He's also a colossal blowhard who thinks he's better than Trump and isn't afraid to say it, repeatedly, in front of cameras.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

And yet Gingrich and Christie are reportedly actively lobbying for the VP slot.

It's still a chance to live high on the hog on someone else's dime, which is appealing to Newt and Christie.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

shiksa posted:

What areas? And when he was asked point blank about gay marriage he tried to weasel his way out of it but said he'd consider putting judges on the supreme Court that would overturn the gay marriage ruling. I'm not saying he personally is against it, and there's been no talk of a constitutional amendment against it, but he's toeing the party line on that one.

Preventing people on the federal no fly list from buying any weapon was the latest thing he proposed. And i thought he was going to stay away from the gay marriage debacle, although federal courts overruling state courts about gay marriage bans seems to be a violation of states rights, which trump has also expressed a number of opinions about (marijuana being another one)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

and still, between morrow, trump and everything....
We train young men to drop shitposts on people, but their moderators won't allow them to write "cuck" on their posts because it's obscene!
Baloogan was one of the most outstanding shitposters this forum has ever produced.

But after that ... his methods became ... unsound.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Venom Snake posted:

It's going to be Jeff

It'll be Darryl!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8bVKt25YdE&t=312s

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Good Citizen posted:

What's next? Who knows? It won't be boring though!

Proven leadership!

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

Per Trump sources: GOP convention will serve as abbreviated 15th season of the Apprentice, each night 3 VP contenders will be eliminated.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Joementum posted:

which makes complete sense, given the other remarks about how people with half a brain-cell realized that with no actual campaign apparatus to speak of, they'd basically be fending for themselves for 5+ months in a best case scenario, and having to play the part of christie's kept-man persona on national t.v. behind TRUMP during every televised everything.

the only people who would seriously accept TRUMP's offer are going to be ego-maniac narcissists who also believe that they can single-handedly, against all odds and all prior political wisdom, either wrangle TRUMP into something resembling a respectable candidate for the general, or failing that, play some kind of puppet master power behind the throne role and somehow manipulate a man who has made his entire livelyhood by manipulating people into ignoring their best interests and giving into his demands. it'll be breath taking to see the magnitude of the egos at play once the VP is finally offered and accepted.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Jewel Repetition posted:

Someone compared Cruz to Gingrich since they're both selfish brinksmen with ideas so insane they'd be on medication if they weren't born rich, and it made me think how glad I am that Cruz never had a real sex scandal. If there were evey a story told with details as lurid as the Newt's "little boy smile" but about Cruz, I would scream until I died.

I think the reason the idea of Cruz being a cuckold is so appealing is because it allows us to accept the fact that his wife has children without the idea that he's had sex. It's a coping mechanism.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I hope he comes out at the convention, rips off his shirt, jacket and a wig, revealing that he's been on WWE's best Vince McMahon juice for seniors. Then he flexes for the cameras, rubs his smooth, perfect orange head, does a few military presses and announces that the last night of the convention will be a $100 pay-per-view GOP fundraising event where he will bodyslam Chris Christie through a table.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

homeless poster posted:

and having to play the part of christie's kept-man persona on national t.v. behind TRUMP during every televised everything.

Dickerson also made the point that traditionally the Veep pick and Candidate are almost never even in the same state again after the Convention. Trump seems like he may have to drag his Veep pick around with him but there's a real price to pay for not covering twice the ground.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sir Tonk posted:

This just in; Trump to consider General Schwarzkopf for VP.

nah it's gonna be MacArthur, trump's a big fan of his "nuke China back to the Stone Age" proposal

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Agronox posted:

Proven leadership!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Tautologicus posted:

Preventing people on the federal no fly list from buying any weapon was the latest thing he proposed.

That's fair, and something I agree with. As does the Democratic party, and publicly proposed by president Obama two weeks before orlando. But house gop, c'est la vie. But I don't remember any other gun control proposals (at least in the campaign, I'm sure he said something after a bunch of kindergartners were murdered and STILL no ones coming to take anyone's guns). And then there's insane poo poo like talking about how beautiful it would have been if bullets were flying both ways in a dark club full if drunk people, which is only beautiful if you're a cinematographer working on a Tarantino film.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Flynn on abortion and gay marriage

"What people do in their private lives, these are not big issues that our country is dealing with that will cause our country to collapse,” Flynn told ABC’s Martha Raddatz on “This Week.” “I’m more concerned that our country could collapse because we are not dealing with education issues, immigration issues.”"

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx

Al! posted:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

blue squares posted:

I just realized that Trump is refusing to pay to vet anyone, so they are just constantly leaking names so that the media will vet them for free

A deal's a deal, and I'll play the foil for your wife, FFS, but I won't spend a loving RED CENT of my own money on it!

Al! posted:

Men's asses - Matt drudge

#DCRomanTraditionalists #BowtieWideReceiver

homeless poster posted:

it'd be funny as hell if everyone who TRUMP was vetting didn't want to straight up tell him to gently caress-off for whatever reason, so instead they did poo poo like this (saying anti-GOP stuff to the press) so they disqualify themselves from review without having to actually upset their presumptive babyhanded tangerine dictator

I would really like to see Samantha B or somebody do a skit like this.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/alexburnsNYT/status/751889581805596672

Trump also has a rally in Indiana on Tuesday.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Boosted_C5 posted:

Well he's right, I don't think schools should be spending tens of thousands of dollars per teacher to arm them with expensive grandfathered-in assault rifles that were in circulation before the 1980s ban. Semi-automatic rifles or hand guns would do just fine in the hands of trained personnel in the extremely unlikely event that a threat presented itself and they needed to use force to defend the children they are responsible for.

We also need much stricter laws and regulations and more federal resources dealing with firearms and firearm related crimes.

We need to address the rampant abuse of the second amendment rights of law abiding citizens by treating carry permits like driver's licenses. We also need to address the arbitrary and unconstitutional infringements perpetrated by some states that have draconian and ignorant weapons bans in place.

We also need an administration and state governments and officials that takes public safety seriously and ensures that any violent criminals who use a firearm in the commission of a crime actually STAY BEHIND BARS where they belong. Violent criminals buying guns under the table on the street is unacceptable, they shouldn't be anywhere near public streets and should be rotting in a cell.

We also need to properly educated school children on firearm safety and responsibility. They need to understand and appreciate our second amendment, they need to understand basic firearm safety, and they need to be taught what it means to be a responsible firearm owner every bit as much as they need sex ed.

Seems like a lot of effort just so you can keep owning your dumb toys

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Joementum posted:

Trump also has a rally in Indiana on Tuesday.

You mean audition

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Now watch Trump cancel his Monday rally just to gently caress with Christie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

drat, I'm wrong again. I was saying it was gonna be the Newt. But the Newt would be too obviously be the smarter one and Donald would be uncomfortable with that.

• Locked thread