Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

and a lot of these roster moves are weird imports that seem to have no real basis in anything or shuffling deck chairs. it's rare for an up and coming player to actually show up anywhere outside of LCK or LPL. LCK teams tend to have good scouting and development and LPL teams have weird FA rules that force them to sign solo queue people in season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Lovechop posted:

on the real tho, i'm starting a competitive mario party league and you're all invited

unironically down

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

i actually think that lcs viewership has been dropping a lot in the past two seasons at least partially bc of the promotion/relegation situation and a lot of teams being sold. for the first couple of seasons of LCS you could more or less follow the teams, even if old team coast or evil geniuses were total garbage there was like a familiarity with the orgs and rosters that no longer exists.

it really feels like 80% of eu teams have changed ownership and the teams that haven't have had massive roster turnover. in NA you've got TSM who have huge brand recognition but only really carrying over bjerg, and of course they have DL now who is also super popular. Team Liquids second longest tenured dude is Fenix for fucks sake.

Yeah that's probably more of an issue.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

theres a bunch of stuff i think riot should have done with LCS but as i started to write it out i realized i was just describing how OGN did things

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
We're a billion years into this & US attention is heading back to FPSes now that they're on PC again and not baby trash like halo or tf2. I think a decline was inevitable but realistically lcs isn't going anywhere before I get sick of watching league anyways so I don't worry about it too much one way or the other.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think the meta is just boring to watch. Most teams play nearly the same way and everyone plays mostly the same champions, so you don't get nearly as many signature champions/comps/styles that you used to up until the end of Season 4. Like back then, you could tell the styles of every top team apart, even Samsung White/Blue, Naijin Shield, CJ Frost/Blaze etc. Now they all pretty much play the same style.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
For all that people complain about teammates and dynamic queue and all that poo poo one might think that there would be at least some movement back toward 1v1 competitive, but nope I guess that ship's sailed forever :negative:
People will choose to play team games and blame others for being bad until the end of time...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I actually had a guy in game the other day that looked up that I was in a premade and spent the entire game deliberately never being anywhere useful / trying not to win, simply because he was mad at "premades."

Then in the post game lobby he claimed he was constantly BM'd the whole game by our premade that didn't say anything to him or do anything to him. He wouldn't tell me what his reddit username was when I asked.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Congrats on being owned.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I'd actually be more interested in the worldwide stats for things. NALCS and EULCS having declining viewership is probably cause for concern, but if its being made up everywhere else, Riot probably dgaf.

NA is already basically their smallest market.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I won't be surprised if Hearthstone and Overwatch become the most popular esports in Korea soon, but it depends on how badly Blizzard decides to gently caress around with competitive. The decline in popularity for LoL is pretty much entirely Riot's fault.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I am looking forward to Liquid v. EchoFox.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Overwatch is kind of interesting because FPSes never got much penetration in asia before but I personally do not care about it at all.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:aaaaa: Bjergsen on Taliyah

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

rabidsquid posted:

i actually think that lcs viewership has been dropping a lot in the past two seasons at least partially bc of the promotion/relegation situation and a lot of teams being sold. for the first couple of seasons of LCS you could more or less follow the teams, even if old team coast or evil geniuses were total garbage there was like a familiarity with the orgs and rosters that no longer exists.

it really feels like 80% of eu teams have changed ownership and the teams that haven't have had massive roster turnover. in NA you've got TSM who have huge brand recognition but only really carrying over bjerg, and of course they have DL now who is also super popular. Team Liquids second longest tenured dude is Fenix for fucks sake.

Yup, agree with this.

The other issue with NA at least is that the regular season is almost pretty much decided, and there's still three weeks and change left to go. The only thing that's really at play is which team of the five mid-tier teams won't make it to playoffs, and say with near 100% certainty it will have to be between Apex and EnvyUS. There doesn't feel like there's much parity between the tiers of teams.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

wow im glad azir guy made a new broken dipshit champ im going to have to look at for the next year.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Work Friend Keven posted:

wow im glad azir guy made a new broken dipshit champ im going to have to look at for the next year.

in my day everyone played warwick, we had one button that actually did anything, and we liked it

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Warwick Jungle, Annie Mid is oppressive and OP

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Fiddle and Annie should become viable supports again

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
I told Saint that he'd have to ban Zilean and Taliyah but did he listen...

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I haven't been watching; why is there a Jarvan ban?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Arcturas posted:

I haven't been watching; why is there a Jarvan ban?

Ray is good-esh at it.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Shrimp you idiot

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
well that was a fun game

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

I won't be surprised if Hearthstone and Overwatch become the most popular esports in Korea soon, but it depends on how badly Blizzard decides to gently caress around with competitive. The decline in popularity for LoL is pretty much entirely Riot's fault.

Hearthstone tournaments have never been that popular, even in Korea. And the decline in popularity of LoL is pretty much entirely Overwatch coming out...

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Firebert posted:

Hearthstone tournaments have never been that popular, even in Korea. And the decline in popularity of LoL is pretty much entirely Overwatch coming out...

And the "decline" is from "overwhelmingly the largest game in the world" to "the largest game in the world"

so

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

YancyQ posted:

I told Saint that he'd have to ban Zilean and Taliyah but did he listen...

Well that won't do any good because Cop is actually coaching Apex now :v:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Like, Worlds games still routinely hit 8-figure viewer numbers worldwide, I don't think Riot is concerned.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I do agree that I wish there was more international competitions

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

That baron bait from Apex was shockingly awful.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Killed By Death posted:

That baron bait from Apex was shockingly awful.

Being shocked at terrible play by Apex is a sign of traumatic brain injury

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Neither C9 or NRG have any idea what they want to do.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The real OhQ has finally shown up for a game in NA

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

The real OhQ has finally shown up for a game in NA

Too bad about GBM

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Too bad about GBM
10 loving deaths in a professional game, lmao

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Too bad about GBM

The real OhQ lost a ton of games and I am on record as having said that GBM has not been good for awhile. i hope he plays more like that again

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
where are the ppl who argued w me last year tht gbm (and easyhoon, rip lol) were top 3-5 mids world. show yourselves

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think that putting froggen on an immobile mage with ignite is going to be Dumb as gently caress Yet Again

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Picture of Darshan in action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

P1 :getin:

• Locked thread