Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Didn't Black blow up a bunch of other planets beforehand? Does that square with his stated goals?

While "ningen" literally means "human" and we usually use the term "human" only for earthlings, etimologically it refers to "people" in general, saiyans and namekians count as "ningen" too, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's simpler to say he wants to kill anything that isn't a god because mortality is a mistake

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The speed sub is up

e: The next ep is all about how disappointing Gohan is, oh dear.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jul 10, 2016

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I mean Gohan almost mattered after Cell a few times...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Every time the subs refer to "that Black person" I laugh to myself and wonder what the heck they'll do to dub it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They might well change his name to avoid it entirely, like Dark Goku, but they'll just use Black Goku in any cases like that, or something that removes that.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

it's simpler to say he wants to kill anything that isn't a god because mortality is a mistake

I don't know, the way he talked about it doesn't make me think he has anything against plants or animals.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They might well change his name to avoid it entirely, like Dark Goku, just use Black Goku in any cases like that, or something that removes that.

"That dark person" still sounds bad, they'll probably just use his full name every time.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, they're not going to use Black (or anything Dark, if they do change it) alone in English.

Dark would probably work better because it's a generally accepted synonym for evil without being so blase about it, in my opinion.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
They'll probably just call him Ukog or something.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That Buraaku guy is too strong...!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I love how King Kai is never in the mood for Goku or his poo poo ever since the Cell Arc. :allears:

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That Buraaku guy is too strong...!

Phrasing!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
How about SHADOW GOKU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

What if Baby from GT possessed Goku Black?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

What if Baby from GT possessed Goku Black?

You mean like some sort of... Black... Baby... Goku???

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder how that Zamasu guy will play into all this.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

He's definitely the big bad of the story line, even if he's limited to having Goku Black fight for him.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Pureauthor posted:

What I am thinking is he is controlling the corpse of Goku from Future Trunk's time, using it to get it powerful enough for him to use the earrings to merge into one being.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Pureauthor posted:

Orange Goku will beat him up, then become friends with him.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
That Soulja guy...

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Emperor Pilaf succeeds in his plans to make a world domination machine, and he is the final villain of the series.

It would be a perfect pay off to all these gags.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

for the next arc, I wouldn't be surprised if Bulla showed up out of nowhere

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Rutibex posted:

I hope Emperor Pilaf succeeds in his plans to make a world domination machine, and he is the final villain of the series.

It would be a perfect pay off to all these gags.

Im thinking he might just be around Mr.Satan style during the final battle and gets to bathe in all the glory in the aftermath and maybe replace King Dog

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

HGH posted:

Every time the subs refer to "that Black person" I laugh to myself and wonder what the heck they'll do to dub it.

"that impostor"

boom, done

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Finally

we get to see Future Trunks' reaction to the GREAT SAIYAMAN

also more baby pan :3:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Pyroi posted:

Finally

we get to see Future Trunks' reaction to the GREAT SAIYAMAN

also more baby pan :3:

If he goes back without paying a visit to Krillin's family I'm going to be very pissed.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Petiso posted:

If he goes back without paying a visit to Krillin's family I'm going to be very pissed.

i mean i guess the android 18 joke might be worth it but uhh why would trunks care about krillin or his family?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

trunks was there when krillin wished for 18's bomb to be removed (and when she yelled at him for it) so I really doubt he'd be surprised that she's around

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'd tuck that into Trunks leaving, like just everyone important giving goodbyes to Trunks and then Android 18 comes over and just awkwardly apologizes for trying to kill him and for killing everyone in those alternate futures.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

she never tried to kill anyone

17 killed gero tho

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
She hosed up future Gohan. The coolest Gohan.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that was a different person

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Genocide appologist.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Elfgames posted:

i mean i guess the android 18 joke might be worth it but

That's the point, yeah.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I like the implication that goku and vegeta didn't actually know cell was from the future and had no idea what his deal was that whole time.

e: oh god why did they stop using footage from the original show from the flashbacks please no

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Pardon if this was mentioned before, but since the time machines are linked with the timelines they came from, wouldn't Trunks using this one return him to the future Cell was from? Toriyama is just going to ignore that, isn't he?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dipwood posted:

Pardon if this was mentioned before, but since the time machines are linked with the timelines they came from, wouldn't Trunks using this one return him to the future Cell was from? Toriyama is just going to ignore that, isn't he?

Well there'd still be a black goku and mai in that timeline anyways.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

dipwood posted:

They could mention it being re-calibrated or something, or the gods change where it goes, but yeah, probably ignored.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Obviously he'll ask Chronoa for a favour and end up indebted.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Stairmaster posted:

I like the implication that goku and vegeta didn't actually know cell was from the future and had no idea what his deal was that whole time.

e: oh god why did they stop using footage from the original show from the flashbacks please no

Look man they saw a dude with a big power level and were all 'I'm gonna blow that up', they don't waste time with 'what the gently caress ARE you' and 'wait what' and 'no seriously how is that a thing'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

dipwood posted:

time travel is bullshit and nobody really knows how it works.

• Locked thread