Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
speng31b
May 8, 2010

Darth123123 posted:

They have a lot of sherrif in that town.

The plural of sheriff is sheriffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

he seems pretty clearly to be on the shoulder. there were some people walking in the lanes early in the video though.

That sure is a still frame of a video.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

A group of sheriffs is called "a murder of sheriffs"

speng31b
May 8, 2010

various cheeses posted:

A group of sheriffs is called "a murder of sheriffs"

this is a true fact which I endorse.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darth123123 posted:

the "check out how many different unmarked models we have" bit is pretty lol

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

no taxes, no pee

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

speng31b posted:

The plural of sheriff is sheriffs

I didn't even use proper punctuation and I thought they were deputies?!11!

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

Darth123123 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxIRtlOFzl8

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Jacobin posted:

Re Dallas Shooter Once again sexual harassment or domestic violence is one of the red flags in the background of a mass shooter. Anyone convicted of one of these offences should have their ability to own guns stricken off without meeting some difficult standard of good behaviour and honouring restraining order and be willing to apply and pay for a current license.

These kinds of restrictions, for example, would be completely legal under the 2nd Amendment as interpreted by people like Justica Scalia even.

Good news

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_Violence_Offender_Gun_Ban

Last challenge was upheld 9-0 so it's even good enough for Clarence loving Thomas.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

speng31b posted:

what did the DPD do to "spark off" their murders that other police chiefs are trying to avoid?

they were police. they dont get to condemn all black men as dangerous gang members and then expect to be seen as nuanced individuals. they got treated as members of a dangerous gang, by a civilian

speng31b
May 8, 2010

bring back old gbs posted:

they were police. they dont get to condemn all black men as dangerous gang members and then expect to be seen as nuanced individuals. they got treated as members of a dangerous gang, by a civilian

dpd has one of the best track records in the country, has consistently worked on deescalation, community policing, and improved as a department. chief brown's personal story is pretty insane, too. while he was chief his son shot and killed a cop, then was killed by officers - instead of conceding to pressure and resigning he continued lead the department and kept the respect of his officers and the community, improving things for the better and making dallas one of the safest places to be an officer and a civilian, black or otherwise. just thought you might want to know.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

speng31b posted:

dpd has one of the best track records in the country, has consistently worked on deescalation, community policing, and improved as a department. chief brown's personal story is pretty insane, too. while he was chief his son shot and killed a cop, then was killed by officers - instead of conceding to pressure and resigning he continued lead the department and kept the respect of his officers and the community, improving things for the better and making dallas one of the safest places to be an officer and a civilian, black or otherwise. just thought you might want to know.

No you see ACAB

Nuance is giving up ground to the white oppressor devil!

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
Police don't get to divide themselves into thousands of different gangs if when the call for help goes out they all join forces.

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

speng31b posted:

hosed up if true.
"I had a son, and he was like Xavier"

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Rotacixe posted:

hosed up if true.
"I had a son, and he was like Xavier"

generally dislike CNN but they did a writeup on Chief Brown if you're interested: http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/09/us/dallas-police-chief-david-brown-profile/

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Brannock posted:

No you see ACAB

this completely unironically

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Unkempt posted:

It is! Why is that?

france, french

germany, german

sweden, swede, swedish

denmark, dane, danish

the netherlands (belgium?), dutch

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Breaking News: 2 Pokemon shot in Dallast, Tx

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

speng31b posted:

that's cool. also irrelevant.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

that's cool. also irrelevant.

It's really not

Attacking the cops who are actively helping you out and working to improve conditions -- basically already doing all the exact things that BLM is asking for -- is insanely counterproductive

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
this whole incident brings us back to the very important issue of robot policing, Ro-Po for short, or "robocops," if you will. A subject which was initially raised in a strikingly foresightful 1987 documentary, the Robocop issue has never been more relevant.

Among the benefits of Robocop are:

+ Perfect, logical understanding of our immense legal code
+ Absolute impartiality
+ The ability to keep a calm demeanour even under great stress
+ The creation of a ruthless, perfect killing machine

simply put, we cannot afford to continue risking the lives of ordinary meat officers in an escalating climate of urban strife. The time has come to enact the Robocop program. This must be our highest priority as a nation, now and as we move forward into the inevitable postapocalypse.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Brannock posted:

It's really not

Attacking the cops who are actively helping you out and working to improve conditions -- basically already doing all the exact things that BLM is asking for -- is insanely counterproductive

except cops are now being disciplined for threatening Facebook posts that would have been ignored before so it was at least a little productive. As scary as that is.

it's nice that one force of cops is full of "good ones" but they are part of a national organization that has spent the last several decades isolating themselves from the public, classifying any civilian as a possible threat. Bbbb but we were taking pictures with them!

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

except cops are now being disciplined for threatening Facebook posts that would have been ignored before so it was at least a little productive. As scary as that is.

it's nice that one force of cops is full of "good ones" but they are part of a national organization that has spent the last several decades isolating themselves from the public, classifying any civilian as a possible threat. Bbbb but we were taking pictures with them!

oh no one facebook post

about 100 more blacks got killed last night with no police to protect em

not the ones that "matter" though

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Criminals should go on strike and stop doing crime so cops don't have anything to do and get fired . That would show them.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

lol jesus christ they've got the feds rolling up too

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I hate yankees posted:

lol jesus christ they've got the feds rolling up too

Protecting homeland security means helping to to suppress protests.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

genesplicer posted:

Look in the lower right corner of any reply. See the little button marked "Report"? Use it. It calls the attention of the mods and admins to jokers like this. Otherwise, we often miss stuff. I don't read every thread. You help out by pointing out the idiots.

Fun fact: Over 95% of the people I ban/probate were reported to me. I don't generally prowl the forum looking for people to ban. I read it for the same reason you do. Because I like it.

I understand Gene :3: and you know i know where that button is because i use it a lot on the serial mentally ill reregers but i'll try to use it more in the future for really bad content too and if i do please let me know if i use it too much or poorly because down that path lies the poopy soul of Franco

Thank you for taking care of us we may not be your children but we are your idiotic children

whoflungpoop fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 10, 2016

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

etalian posted:

Protecting homeland security means helping to to suppress protests.

i only saw the one suv at the end of the precession so maybe they're there for observation? not sure if it's more one because i didn't care the watch it again

lol jk i bet they're operating a surveillance drone or something

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/da...ocid=spartanntp

more insight on the standoff

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

reallivedinosaur posted:

oh no one facebook post

lol ya thats probably word for word what the fired cops said

speng31b
May 8, 2010

shooting up a well regarded PD isn't going to work out the way you're hoping. being completely toothlessly peaceful also won't, but let's check back in a few days or weeks and see if your thesis that this development has improved the situation for police accountability turns out to be true. spoilers: it really won't!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

killing a few cops is definitely the way to make cops less jumpy when dealing with black males

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

and thus reducing violence across the board :iamafag:

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
Here's a thought: maybe the guy was just an rear end in a top hat who had personal issues and the blm kill whitey poo poo was just as much of a smokescreen as Omar Mateen pledging allegiance to ISIS.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

id say the racist loner army very kicked out of the army for sexual harassment was at least as mentally ill as the average gbs

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

misty mountaintop posted:

Here's a thought: maybe the guy was just an rear end in a top hat who had personal issues and the blm kill whitey poo poo was just as much of a smokescreen as Omar Mateen pledging allegiance to ISIS.

I didn't know President Obama posted on these forums

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

the dpd shooter was gbs

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I had a nightmare last night where the demographic disproportionately responsible for violent crime was also disproportionately killed by police.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Dallas Police Chief posted:

“He wrote the letters ‘RB,’” Brown said. “We’re trying to figure out what those initials mean.”

Maybe he just wanted some roast beef sandwiches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Brannock posted:

I didn't know President Obama posted on these forums

My friend Vilerat recommended I start posting here.

• Locked thread