Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tautologicus posted:

never said anything like that for the record. also for the record members of my family were caught up in those events and did not live, so it is family history, not that my family liked me talking about it at all. i dont really like to call it the holocaust because that word was basically created in the 60's for the propaganda benefit of israel, and international jewish communities ran with it. it was not called the holocaust from 1945 to the early 60's.

Would the "Jewish Genocide" be a more palatable term for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Tautologicus posted:

no....he adopted a girl from bangladesh and i think she's about 25 now. it wasn't a joke

I forget which talk show host it was (Conan, maybe?) that managed to crack up McCain during the 2008 election by suggesting that it wasn't too late to send the word around that Obama had a black baby...

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sai posted:

sorry your uncle fell out of the guard tower you stupid piece of poo poo

german jews, also communists, so was a double whammy

Xelkelvos posted:

Would the "Jewish Genocide" be a more palatable term for you?

yes

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
anyway im done, jewel repetition wants us to move on, so lets move on. ive made all the points i wanted to make i think. later

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Personal anecdote here but ever since Black Lives Matter has heated up again, I've noticed a lot more white people having no problems saying their lovely opinion on the matter ("white lives matter too", etc). Like seriously, no less than three people I've met have told me their opinion over the weekend so far. I don't know if it's because Trump has opened a Pandoras Box of racism or what, but it really pisses me off how openly proud some people have become about being racist or bigoted.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
https://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/newt-gingrich-attends-meeting-of-controversial-iranian-dissi?utm_term=.yj9LXQ0Qx#.jtX8XYkYr

Newt Gingrich decided to spend this weekend speaking at the annual convention for the Mujahideen e-Khalq, a radical left-wing dissident group/terrorist group in Iran that has been attacking targets in Iran off-and-on since 1981 (they officially disavowed violence in 2001, but their commitment to that is questionable at best).

The MeK was on the terrorist watch list until 2012, when various prominent figures sympathetic to the MeK in both parties got it removed from the list (they are terrorists by any reasonable definition, but only target people the US doesn't like).

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Tautologicus posted:

anyway im done, jewel repetition wants us to move on, so lets move on. ive made all the points i wanted to make i think. later

ok, tiny hands boy

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tarezax posted:

I don't doubt that there's an influence of genes on behavior, what I doubt is that it has any significant variation across cultural boundaries

The jury would be out on that probably. It is within the realm of possibility that certain behavioral tendencies would be passed on with in that culture group. Given the relatively small timescale in regards to the genetic drift within cultural communities, the amount of variation might result in a relatively minor amount of change in expression in comparison to other, more apparent, effects like SES. it's all very unclear. It's certainly possible that certain ethnic groups would have a slightly higher genetic predisposition towards certain behaviors, but it would be difficult to separate it from environmental (climate, diet, pollution, etc) or historical factors (whether the group was previously at war or subjugated, etc).

I'd argue you'd get a larger variance in behavior between peoples of the same ethnic group with one group having a water supply laced with heavy metals or one group having a higher quality food supply in comparison to two peoples of two ethnicities of significant geographic and genetic distance that have similar water supplies or diets.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Patter Song posted:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/newt-gingrich-attends-meeting-of-controversial-iranian-dissi?utm_term=.yj9LXQ0Qx#.jtX8XYkYr

Newt Gingrich decided to spend this weekend speaking at the annual convention for the Mujahideen e-Khalq, a radical left-wing dissident group/terrorist group in Iran that has been attacking targets in Iran off-and-on since 1981 (they officially disavowed violence in 2001, but their commitment to that is questionable at best).

The MeK was on the terrorist watch list until 2012, when various prominent figures sympathetic to the MeK in both parties got it removed from the list (they are terrorists by any reasonable definition, but only target people the US doesn't like).

See this is why newt will be the VP, he's a strong independent woman who's confident enough to hang out with a terrorist group that Saddam supported... hang on, that can't be right... instead of Christie being the little whipped puppy cancelling state business to get trump a big mac

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Donald Trump's tweets managed to stay on target for... 3 days? Before Donald shoved aside the intern and jumped back into the saddle.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004
Trump's VP Shortlist:
Ivanka

end of list.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

MC Nietzche posted:

Trump's VP Shortlist:
Ivanka

end of list.

can your VP also be your FLOTUS

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

House of Cards will be proven accurate yet.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
What do you think Trump's Twitter password is?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

broken clock opsec posted:

can your VP also be your FLOTUS

Only drawback would be presumably living in the same state as the Presidential candidate. Although I doubt any of Trump's wives actually cohabited with him for very long.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

whydirt posted:

Barruchess

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

whydirt posted:

bigly69

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

whydirt posted:

MyLargeMasculineHands

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

whydirt posted:

God

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

whydirt posted:

littlemarco

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

whydirt posted:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Shocking! I am shocked by this development.

https://twitter.com/MarthaRaddatz/status/752244777597362178

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

whydirt posted:

jeb!isamess

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

So Trump team are just basically floating out names to the media to see who gets a positive reaction. In other words, Trump has no idea who he wants to have as VP and his team has gone back to the drawing board? with basically a week left to decide?

I think we're getting closer to an Ivanka Trump VP slot....

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TheHoosier posted:

jeb!isamess

jeb!isawaste

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rocks posted:

So Trump team are just basically floating out names to the media to see who gets a positive reaction. In other words, Trump has no idea who he wants to have as VP and his team has gone back to the drawing board? with basically a week left to decide?

that leads me to believe he will probably either pick a complete unknown or some nutjob like palin. probaly both.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Now they're just throwing out the name of every general they can think of, in hopes that the media won't hate one of them. Next up: General Madine. He too is shot down quickly once the media point out that he was a member of an armed insurgency, and also a fictional character. Cherry on top, he only got like three lines of dialogue in Return of the Jedi.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Rocks posted:

The McChrystal thing was panicky damage control from his campaign after the general they wanted went on TV and said he was pro choice.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Powered Descent posted:

Now they're just throwing out the name of every general they can think of, in hopes that the media won't hate one of them. Next up: General Madine. He too is shot down quickly once the media point out that he was a member of an armed insurgency, and also a fictional character. Cherry on top, he only got like three lines of dialogue in Return of the Jedi.

then he gets shot by a hutt named durga who is bulding a lovely poorly constructed laser weapon.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

10th dimensional chess from the Trump campaign and they have a properly vetted and sensible pick for VP already settled and they're just trying to trick the Hillary campaign into complacency

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
General Grevious was going to be VP but it turned out he had progressive views when it came to women and climate change

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

then he gets shot by a hutt named durga who is bulding a lovely poorly constructed laser weapon.

Having Hutts be a species kind of bothers me because like, in the movie Hutt could have been a family name or a title and it's kept ambiguous. He's simply "The Hutt" and it's evocative. I guess a lot of things about the expanded Star Wars universe or whatever they call it are like that, where they take out mystery and generalize things that worked best when they were specific.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I would vote for general grevious

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

so first off this guy feels like the brazilian robert morrow somehow
https://twitter.com/TheAmitie/status/752222225655181312
also some neckbeard who makes fun of liberals on twitter almost made himself into a murderer by being a lovely gun owner
https://twitter.com/OLAASM/status/752250216481452032
people calmed him down and he got arrested (not killed) by the police

oh that happened on the same day as the dallas shooting. maybe it was already discussed

i really just wanted to post that pictureo f the soccer player

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

general grevious sucks
mace windu sucks

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Rocks posted:

Personal anecdote here but ever since Black Lives Matter has heated up again, I've noticed a lot more white people having no problems saying their lovely opinion on the matter ("white lives matter too", etc). Like seriously, no less than three people I've met have told me their opinion over the weekend so far. I don't know if it's because Trump has opened a Pandoras Box of racism or what, but it really pisses me off how openly proud some people have become about being racist or bigoted.
Perhaps there was some other big event recently which may have made tempers flare in that particular debate.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 10, 2016

gregday
May 23, 2003

Jewel Repetition posted:

Having Hutts be a species kind of bothers me because like, in the movie Hutt could have been a family name or a title and it's kept ambiguous. He's simply "The Hutt" and it's evocative. I guess a lot of things about the expanded Star Wars universe or whatever they call it are like that, where they take out mystery and generalize things that worked best when they were specific.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Tautologicus posted:

no....he adopted a girl from bangladesh and i think she's about 25 now. it wasn't a joke

The poor woman, now she will never be in touch with her genetic culture

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Has there been anything besides Newt saying a slightly progressive thing about race in America one time that's made people think it's not going to be him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Has there been anything besides Newt saying a slightly progressive thing about race in America one time that's made people think it's not going to be him?

Trump desperately throwing names out at random implies he's not happy with any of the people he's looked at already.

• Locked thread