Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Stab takes jonathan huberdeau

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Getzlaf is still pretty great, I think he should have gone earlier.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jordan7hm posted:

Getzlaf had his worst sh% in years and is probably going to have a big bounce back year and get back up to 70 pts.

A really good pick.

Well, his A/60 were lowest in years too. But he's still a great #1C with a few years left in the tank who went late in the third for no discernible reason.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

on one hand he's still a really effective center who will likely continue to produce at a top line rate

on the other hand he's ryan getzlaf

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
My team has a dress code that all players must have full heads of hair.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Once again I'm making what feels like a homer pick but this time it's because he fell into my lap.

Last year he was the 17th defenseman selected, this year he falls to 29th. Over the past two seasons he was 4th among D-men in G/60 and top 15 in P/60.

He's so good at scoring goals he broke his HERO chart:

Yes, he is over 30 with an AAV of $7.6m, but he's only signed for five years (not ten) and his NMC only covers the next two years. And, honestly, you just can't put a price on the way this big man plays.

With the 80th pick, the Chicago Blackhawks are proud to announce the return of Dustin Byfuglien.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Good pick

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
You gently caress I really wanted dbuff

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll take Gabriel Landeskog. He's young and talented and would probably be pretty good away from that garbage fire team he's on.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

lazerwolf posted:

Stab takes jonathan huberdeau

loving son of s bitch fucker!!!!!!

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

I'll take Gabriel Landeskog. He's young and talented and would probably be pretty good away from that garbage fire team he's on.

He goes under the radar in Colorado but he does everything pretty drat well and he has crazy good poise.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Metapod is on the clock.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm on the phone (you guys keep making me pick while I'm doing something:argh:) I select Jeff Carter

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I am pretty torn between 3 players for my next pick, but I have settled on who I'm taking as long as you losers don't take him in the next three picks

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I am pretty torn between 3 players for my next pick, but I have settled on who I'm taking as long as you losers don't take him in the next three picks

I'm still waiting for someone to take the other guy I was considering. There's no way he makes it back to me.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

They're all on my list.

Actually I'm going to sleep soon so I might have to send my list to someone. Any volunteers?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

S

eXXon posted:

They're all on my list.

Actually I'm going to sleep soon so I might have to send my list to someone. Any volunteers?

You can send them to me

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Seeing as how I still need a center I'm going to go with Logan Couture.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Technetium posted:

Seeing as how I still need a center I'm going to go with Logan Couture.

Fuuuuck youuuuu

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jordan7hm posted:

Getzlaf had his worst sh% in years and is probably going to have a big bounce back year and get back up to 70 pts.

A really good pick.

T-Bone posted:

Getzlaf is still pretty great, I think he should have gone earlier.

I actually seriously considered Getzlaf.

But, here's my counterpoint: Randy Carlyle.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

lazerwolf then exxon then me

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Minnesota Wild take from the Dallas Stars, Jason Spezza

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Very nice pick

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I was going to avoid retreads but instead I'm going to take Jaden Schwartz, who had a tough year due to a prolonged ankle injury but is still an all-around machine first line left wing. Hopefully the Blues get a discount on a long-term deal, but he is headed to arbitration so Doug Armstrong could very well do something stupid with him instead.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Wow I was really hoping people would forget about him. It's too early to take him but if he is himself it's a good pick.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Wow I was really hoping people would forget about him. It's too early to take him but if he is himself it's a good pick.

He came back and got 14 points in 20 playoff games so I'd say he's alive and kicking and went after Landeskog and Huberdeau sooo right about where expected. Also make your pick.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I've been set on four different forwards for this pick all day. It's a tough one. I hope (and think one will) one of them comes back to me in 8 picks so I can take two players I really want, but it came down to the guy who I think would more certainly be taken by then, and it's a real awesome dude on an incredible contract.

Winnipeg selects Wayne Simmonds. The coolest thing about Wayne-O is that the Flyers changed his deployment to a majority of zone starts in the defensive zone, yet he had his best offensive season and still put up excellent Corsi/Fenwick relative analytics. He's still only 27, takes a lot of shots, he agitates the poo poo out of people, and he's been putting up around 30 goals consistently for three years. I'm pumped to have him on Bergeron's wing.

FORWARDS
??? - Bergeron - Simmonds

DEFENSE
Doughty - ???

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

eXXon posted:

He came back and got 14 points in 20 playoff games so I'd say he's alive and kicking and went after Landeskog and Huberdeau sooo right about where expected. Also make your pick.

Didn't realize that was his playoff production. I suppose this is a fine pick, he'll put up 60 points next year.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Simmonds is a great pick, he was on my list if Buff didn't fall.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

exxon or lazerwolf can I send you my short list in case I'm not around later for my next pick?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

exxon or lazerwolf can I send you my short list in case I'm not around later for my next pick?

Not me, I'm gone in 20 minutes.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I'll be here, you can PM me a list

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Aye Doc, sent you a list. I'll let you know if I can make the pick myself if I see I'm gonna be around, which I will if this moves quickly enough.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I was hoping for Wayne Train/Big Buff b2b my dreams are dead

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

T-Bone posted:

I was hoping for Wayne Train/Big Buff b2b my dreams are dead

Why don't you go pick some 20 year-olds huh

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Technetium posted:

loving son of s bitch fucker!!!!!!

Your tears, they are delicious

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

eXXon posted:

Why don't you go pick some 20 year-olds huh

I'm a new man

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

veskit was unable to recover from the loss of wayne train. Jordan7hm can pick

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
I almost took Big Buff but Pietrangelo was too much to resist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

tofes posted:

I almost took Big Buff but Pietrangelo was too much to resist

I think Buff is better than Pietrangelo and he should have not fell so far but not far enough for me to pick him.

• Locked thread