Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Support lulu took a win % hit, there is gonna be basically no way they can force lulu into being a good support and not run as a solo laner is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Neurolimal posted:

Were they? I never heard any hubbub about EXP runes back then, and I'm surprised because I never saw a gimmick Gangplank/Zilean EXP rune duo lane.

Experience runes have always been in the game and Zilean could afk and his passive would still benefit Gangplank.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

One of the easiest ARAMs i've ever won involved our team having an afk zilean and ending up several levels ahead of the enemy team between that passive and only sharing exp four ways.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Support lulu took a win % hit, there is gonna be basically no way they can force lulu into being a good support and not run as a solo laner is there?

Man, i THOUGHT she felt lovely. I was so eager to make lulu support work, but she just doesn't have enough impact.

I'm starting to feel like I straight up can't play a support without hard CC on QWE somewhere. Leena and Brad are my main squeezes.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i want rammus to have buffs
he's my friend

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I thought it was the mage rework that dropped Lulu's win % all over the board, even before 6.13.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

rabidsquid posted:

One of the easiest ARAMs i've ever won involved our team having an afk zilean and ending up several levels ahead of the enemy team between that passive and only sharing exp four ways.

Meanwhile the worst ARAM that I've had involved losing a 2v5 because we had 3 feeders including an Akali who bought 0 items.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Voxx posted:

Experience runes have always been in the game and Zilean could afk and his passive would still benefit Gangplank.

Yeah, but Zilean is/was a nice buddy with Old Gangplank, on account of old GP having no crowd control and low speed.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Bell_ posted:

Makes me want to try on-hit Lulu again.

I mean, if Glitterlance's damage is nerfed anyways, would folks still attempt the same old AP load outs, anyways?

Yes, because you don't take Lulu for glitterlance damage. You need AP to make shields and speed buffs even remotely noticeable.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
ASPD/onhit lulu has always been meh, since you'll always be better off just giving Pix to someone else with ASPD, and go for survivability/ability power to end up with more overall damage. I kind of wish Help just cloned pix so that the build would be less pointless.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

True story: I got my first ever pentakill playing aspd-onhit Lulu

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Ridable rhino man is just the kind of stupid thing Riot has been doing lately so it's probably real.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Neurolimal posted:

Yeah, but Zilean is/was a nice buddy with Old Gangplank, on account of old GP having no crowd control and low speed.
You're not remembering far enough back to when they were bros because GP could deny like 2 minions per wave (in gold AND XP) to his opposing lanes and with Zilean on his team - when Zil's old passive was also global - it meant he would hit 6 when his opponent was like just hitting 4.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Mikujin posted:

You're not remembering far enough back to when they were bros because GP could deny like 2 minions per wave (in gold AND XP) to his opposing lanes and with Zilean on his team - when Zil's old passive was also global - it meant he would hit 6 when his opponent was like just hitting 4.

That's fair, I just figured that Zilean would help bully away the laner to make up for old GP's early weakness (I had forgotten that the only real mobile melees at this time were Xin and Yi [pantheons always went mid] so he wouldnt have to worry much about getting bullied out 1v1)

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Neurolimal posted:

That's fair, I just figured that Zilean would help bully away the laner to make up for old GP's early weakness (I had forgotten that the only real mobile melees at this time were Xin and Yi [pantheons always went mid] so he wouldnt have to worry much about getting bullied out 1v1)
Duo top was really bad and back then it was all about sustain laners not mobility. Tryndamere and Nunu were really strong, and so was W max GP.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Lulu is impossible to balance because she needs high base values to be viable as a support but that's exactly what makes her strong in a solo lane.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I don't understand the big loving problem with lulu being a viable solo laner. Who the gently caress cares? She's hardly been an oppressive laner.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Ignite Memories posted:

I don't understand the big loving problem with lulu being a viable solo laner. Who the gently caress cares? She's hardly been an oppressive laner.

Eh she's pretty strong solo lane when she's strong but she's pretty boring so she doesn't pop up in solo queue a ton but is a priority pick in pro play when she's good.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
that answered nothing lol

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Ignite Memories posted:

Yes she has, she was 100% p/b for most of season 4 and season 5 competitive

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
When she's strong in a solo lane she's an oppressive early game champ because she has good wave clear, great ranged harass from her auto attack, good gank assistance and is incredibly difficult to kill due to the utility and base values of her kit while you can toss her in the junk farm lane mid-late game and still have a great enabler for your carries due to the base utility of her kit. These strengths are easier for a coordinated team to utilize than your typical solo queue team can and Riot has shown a ton of willingness to balance around certain champs in pro play versus their solo queue strengths.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if being 100% p/b and being oppressive in lane makes you get reworked into a support, im really looking forward to vlad and azir being made support champs

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ignite Memories posted:

one time i played against this plat 2 top lane main guy on tryndamere as lulu top and i made him go 0/9 and he just quit the game because there was literally nothing he could do in the lane anymore. that is cancer. that is not okay.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Endorph posted:

if being 100% p/b and being oppressive in lane makes you get reworked into a support, im really looking forward to vlad and azir being made support champs

I know you're probably not as stupid as your posts but she was designed to be a support

stump collector
May 28, 2007
they could just give her higher base damages and really low ratios and try new numbers every patch, i don't see why this balance team can't figure the numbers of their game out before they decide to rework entire kits

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Firebert posted:

I know you're probably not as stupid as your posts but she was designed to be a support
lol

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

not sure what's so bad about Lulu, last time I played her with the new heal items it made her shield and ult really good

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

exethan posted:

they could just give her higher base damages and really low ratios and try new numbers every patch, i don't see why this balance team can't figure the numbers of their game out before they decide to rework entire kits

This seems like it would bring about the age of invincible top lane Iceborn Gauntlet / Deadman's Plate Lulu or something stupid and if it eeks out triforce laners so be it I approve this message.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
I was playing a game today as Sona with an Ashe ADC into MF/Morgana lane.

We lost lane at level 1; I kept on expecting the Ashe to try and poke the MF with Volley, but ashe had taken Q level one and had to just keep on autoing to build stacks while MF and Morg bitched them. Later, the ADC told me that I was crazy and that Ashe always goes Q first. "You max W first, but you take Q level 1 and get W level 2", they insisted.

Am I wrong about this? I feel like W is way more useful level 1 than Q is for Ashe, but I also don't play ADC very much.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that person is an idiot

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Coca Koala posted:

We lost lane at level 1; I kept on expecting the Ashe to try and poke the MF with Volley, but ashe had taken Q level one and had to just keep on autoing to build stacks while MF and Morg bitched them. Later, the ADC told me that I was crazy and that Ashe always goes Q first. "You max W first, but you take Q level 1 and get W level 2", they insisted.

Am I wrong about this? I feel like W is way more useful level 1 than Q is for Ashe, but I also don't play ADC very much.

No that person is an idiot. Just going off of lolking for statistics, Q start is ~2% of the time which is about the same frequency of level 2 E.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

pog boyfriend posted:

one time i played against this plat 2 top lane main guy on tryndamere as lulu top and i made him go 0/9 and he just quit the game because there was literally nothing he could do in the lane anymore. that is cancer. that is not okay.

maybe he shouldnt loving suck rear end and die 9 times

people whine about the dumbest poo poo in this game

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
gently caress league of legends

stump collector
May 28, 2007
yep

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Did they hotfix Leona?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Coca Koala posted:

what the gently caress are you gonna do with a Q at level 1? they're crazy.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Q first on Ashe is more damage at level 1 but that's only if you plan on slamming your face into the enemy lane straight away which is not recommended against Miss Fortune

W is much safer if you plan on getting the level 2 before you go all in

with Sona it is not a good idea either but someone like Braum or Blitzcrank that can severely displace an enemy champion will pair well with Ashe Q at level 1

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
W at one is way better, Ashe gets her first meaty power spike at 3 when she skills W again

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I doubt it makes a huge difference. That Ashe would have probably lost lane anyway. Like, by the time the other lane realizes Ashe didn't take W, you'll be almost at level 2, at which point everything is the same anyway.

NTT posted:

W at one is way better, Ashe gets her first meaty power spike at 3 when she skills W again

This will happen regardless if you pick Q or W first as long as you max W, which Ashe was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
its a huge difference because W is better first no matter what. getting 2 or 3 Ws to hit the enemy at level 1 gets you ahead in health and lets you start taking over the lane.

• Locked thread