Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I can already hear the indignant teeth grinding of assholes chomping at the bit to defend their 'cultural' animal torture.

I've already had someone claim that the bulls are treated with the "utmost respect" and are generally have better lives than cows grown for beef.

That's probably ignoring the fact that the bulls are bred for aggressiveness and pumped full of testosterone all their lives in order to anger them up properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

syscall girl posted:

You can get behind it. You can turn left but some days the bull gets you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWAIjYs9Lws

Yea, you decide to be a spectator where an animal is being tortured, not much sympathy for you either.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Carbon dioxide posted:

I've already had someone claim that the bulls are treated with the "utmost respect" and are generally have better lives than cows grown for beef.

:) Hey, Mr Bull, we're going to treat you with respect and you will live a life of luxury.
:gonchar: Awesome!
:) ...and then we're going to slowly torture you to death for fun in front of a cheering crowd.
:gonchar: Wait, what?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Hahahaha, drat, I hadn't even realized the post / av disparity. Oddly enough, it's actually from an old Happy New Year card.

https://www.google.com/search?site=...i24.DhuHRHDyY2U

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94SKl5gmtQw Failarmy!

Man there are a few painful looking ones in there, fair warning.

Man, that kid at 7:02 is straight up evil, cackling even after the powder in the hairdryer has ignited and burned off mom's face.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

You Are A Elf posted:

Man, that kid at 7:02 is straight up evil, cackling even after the powder in the hairdryer has ignited and burned off mom's face.

It was probably just flour, which people don't realize can be highly combustible

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pesticide20 posted:

It was probably just flour, which people don't realize can be highly combustible

Apparently lots of baby powders these days are cornflour instead of talcum powder, which I guess would also be combustible

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
Pretty much any very fine particulate burns. More surface area means more area for the chemical reaction to take place, means more burning, and faster. It's why a log will sit there and slowly burn, but a pile of sawdust just sorta goes FWOOSH.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Pesticide20 posted:

Yes, I know that. It has nothing to do with the fact that the kid is still cackling maniacally after the fact.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

There was a situation like that restaurant thing in my neighborhood but it's the dude who's running it is cursed. He's the son of a retired rich guy and is an astonishing gently caress up.

First he had a bar on the Eastside of Portland shut down because an employee was dealing coke out of the bathroom. He moved over to the far Westside and opened a new bar. A little while after that he was arrested for selling coke out of the new bathroom, and hurriedly transferred ownership to his lovely rich dad. Dad runs the place while he serves out his prison term, and actually makes it an okay success as an old-people hookup bar (it earned the name Sad Dad Dance Bar around this time). The kid was in for about 2 years, when he gets out he starts working for his dad at the bar again.

In under 2 months after his release the kid is once again arrested and the bar is shut down for good. I think everyone can guess what he got popped for, but for clarity's sake, yes he was selling more loving coke out of the goddamn bathroom.

Last month a nice older black guy turned it into a southern breakfast place which rules unbelievably hard.

Out of curiosity, which Eastside bar was it? I lived in Southeast from 2001 - 2010, and can think of quite a few bars that could fit that description. All I could find from a quick Google search was this bit of gossip in the Mercury, which may or may not be related:

http://www.portlandmercury.com/IAnonymousBlog/archives/2012/01/13/dive-bar-drug-dealer

For schadenfreude, I just looked up the flophouse of an apartment building I lived in when I first moved there (Wimbledon Courts!) and saw that rents have tripled. Of course, lower Burnside was getting the hipster makeover by the time I left Portland, so I guess that's to be expected. Hopefully the place is nicer than when I lived there.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I love this so much! she fucks up, then kicks herself in the face, than laughs at it

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

You Are A Elf posted:

That broken hamster at about 1:20 is amazing

Also those quad bikes going into the ditch/river. Also also I can't wait for the inevitable Pokemon GO fails compilation.

NLJP has a new favorite as of 19:17 on Jul 10, 2016

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Repost, but the massive gif sucked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgnIi0FIBeM

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

quote:

business closing chat

Chicago's flagship gay bar, Spin, got bought out by a couple of straight dudebros a couple years back and their inexplicable decision was to close a fantastic bar known for cheap drinks, dance floors and drag shows for 20-odd years and reopen it as... a whiskey bar.

Closed six months later. The bar in the next space, Chloe's, expanded into it, only to be closed as well within a few months. Last I heard they were going to try to bring back the old leatherdaddy bar Cellblock (?) in the space, because putting a bar that doesn't allow women at the biggest loving intersection in the area is going to go extremely well.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Even if you're straight af if you don't have a gay bar in you're regular rotation when you're out with some ladies you are just wrong/dumb and hate fun.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

fullroundaction posted:

Even if you're straight af if you don't have a gay bar in you're regular rotation when you're out with some ladies you are just wrong/dumb and hate fun.

Don't come into our bars, okay.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

LeJackal posted:

Don't come in our bars, okay.

FTFY

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

No, I'm serious. We're not a sideshow attraction.

Stay out of our space.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS4dEtcx4MI

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Every time I hear that story, I get so angry. "Do the right thing, and pay for the guy's car"
:argh:

I know it's old, but how did this end up? Did things ever get resolved?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

LeJackal posted:

Stay out of our space.

gently caress you, I'm drinking at gay bars because they seem safer than the straight bars we have locally. see?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

LeJackal posted:

Stay out of our space.

I like going to gay bars because people seem to be more relaxed and friendly. Not to ogle

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
If there's any one group of hets that needs to stay the hell out of gay bars, it's bachelor/ette parties because 100% of the time they ARE there to ogle the locals and until recently, rub their lack of marriage rights in their faces.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Doing the opposite of what 'Wayne LaPierre' LeJackal says is probably morally correct.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

kizudarake posted:

gently caress you, I'm drinking at gay bars because they seem safer than the straight bars we have locally. see?

I like to drink at gay bars because they are safe places for gays - so stop invading our safe spaces, okay?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

The closest bar to my apartment is the gay bar across the street and I have to walk a whole extra block to get to a bar that's just bi-curious; life is pain :emo:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

LeJackal posted:

I like to drink at gay bars because they are safe places for gays - so stop invading our safe spaces, okay?

"we don't take kindly to people of your sexual orientation in our bars" - lejackal 2016

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Slime posted:

"we don't take kindly to people of your sexual orientation in our bars" - lejackal 2016

"Why can't I bring cultural oppression into a safe space for minorities?" slime 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

LeJackal posted:

There are a lot of gay bars here and it's funny, they've never once told someone to get out for being straight.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

LeJackal posted:

"Why can't I bring cultural oppression into a safe space for minorities?" slime 2016

:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
A straight man? In MY gay bar? :monocle:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Maybe this outraged internet person does not accurately reflect the type of person you might see in places such as outside of the home.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Pokemon GO Get Yourself Robbed:

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/pokmon-go-led-11-teens-right-into-an-armed-robbery

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

LeJackal posted:

why are you upset that straight dudes want to drink around gay dudes

they're like, you guys are cool let's drink and you're like STOP OPPRESSING ME

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

LeJackal posted:

Stay out of our space.

I'll stop going to gay bars once you find me a halfway decent drag show at a 'straight' bar, or a bartender at a 'straight' bar that known the proper way to make a martini (gin in shaker, shake, pour, glance at the bottle of vermouth, add olive).

lazydog
Apr 15, 2003

Slime posted:

they're like, you guys are cool let's drink and you're like STOP OPPRESSING ME

As a gay person I think it's fine for straight people to go to gay bars, as long as they don't freak out if they get hit on.

But in many parts of the country/world, gay bars are one of the only safe places where gays can approach someone they are attracted to without the risk of them becoming violent, and if they are full of straight people, I can see that being frustrating.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

PopeCrunch posted:

I'll stop going to gay bars once you find me a halfway decent drag show at a 'straight' bar, or a bartender at a 'straight' bar that known the proper way to make a martini (gin in shaker, shake, pour, glance at the bottle of vermouth, add olive).

shut your mouth about vermouth

you need that bitter

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Slime posted:

......I can't tell if you're exceptionally stupid or just unbelievably privileged.

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I know it's old, but how did this end up? Did things ever get resolved?

The special is on Netflix.

He paid for the car

And also got married. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/59zgi6a.gifv