Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

You will possibly get to a point where you can feasibly farm the second stage within his island being open. Then just use mercenaries to handle the third island. But yeah, Krut owns and I can't wait to unlock him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

baram. posted:

Yeah I get 2k whic is about the same as I can get from an exp boosted hard mode so I'll probably stick with it. Burned ~200 stam I had built up and only wound up at 57 genes tho

There's still like 320 hours in the krut event. that's like two weeks. you should be good to go at that rate, especially if you break into tier 2 or 3.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
I whaled my energy pots to farm Krut. Which skills should I prioritize?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
When Krut first came around, I maxed his skill 1, which has served me VERY well so far. Now I'm going to max everything, and I'm making his passive my first priority. After that, skill 3, then 2. I almost never use his skill 2.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I'm 50 rolls deep and I still can't get the last piece needed to complete Outer Space. All these Tiger Claws...

:negative:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Didn't contribute to guild war yesterday. My fault. Mia culpa.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Should I buy the perfect genes from the event too?

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

There's still like 320 hours in the krut event. that's like two weeks. you should be good to go at that rate, especially if you break into tier 2 or 3.

even just grinding tier one i'm pretty sure I'd be able to do it based on what i've gotten so far.

baram. fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 9, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

baram. posted:

Should I buy the perfect genes from the event too?

Always buy perfect genes.

Perfect genes and gold are both the most valuable resources in the game. There are too many heroes where you would end up spending 6 months just to max which is where perfect genes come in.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i should build jack like a damage dealer despite his tag saying defender right?

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

baram. posted:

i should build jack like a damage dealer despite his tag saying defender right?

I don't think his 3 can crit- or at least the % damage part can't. And that's the important part.

Swords, Armor, whatever accessories. Probably brooches mostly.

Potentials are +damage (not attack, damage.) and whichever of the slot 3,4,5 immunities that come up.

Because of his lifesteal, he's also one of the few characters that can pull off a shields and maces build.

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jul 9, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Do NOT shove shields on Jack of all heroes. His main role is to tank and deal massive damage via his 3rd skill. Before you build damage, you should tank him up. He needs to reach 65% defense or higher so that when you use Grace, his def will hit 100%. This is extremely important because in harder dungeons, Jack needs to survive from some of the most unfair bullshit possible.

Ever since the nerf to his passive, his self sustain is really bad unless he's life leeching via his 3rd skill off a high HP target.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

What potentials do I want for Valkyrie, Krut and Muzaka?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. PVP is one of my biggest hurdles right now. There's times that even the lowest party score person I roll is still double my own.

I got Jack last night though so I'm excited about that since he's the first character I'll be using long term.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

baram. posted:

Thanks for all the advice everyone. PVP is one of my biggest hurdles right now. There's times that even the lowest party score person I roll is still double my own.

I got Jack last night though so I'm excited about that since he's the first character I'll be using long term.

Pvp matchmaking isn't very balanced since it matches you up based on your current honor points. I wouldn't worry too much about pvp until you have a full team of 5* heroes equipped with unique/legendary items across all slots. Once you have access to all equipment slots and are filled with optimized gear, then you can worry about it.

For now, you can only hope that the game doesn't give you high level opponents. I can tell you that I actually do feel bad having to stomp a bunch of lowbies when I start climbing up ranks.

edit: If you can max out Krut, you can do pretty well in pvp because he's stupidly broken.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jul 9, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
The participation reward and free energy is worth autolosing for.

Although I actually scrape by in the top 10-20% with only a few 5*s.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Getting both the soul weapon and wings for Jack says it "Increases resistances by 5". What does this mean?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Iunnrais posted:

Getting both the soul weapon and wings for Jack says it "Increases resistances by 5". What does this mean?

Resistance is the boss/Raskreia/Raizel passive, an X% chance to nosell any status effect.

This includes things like the temporary defense debuff on "Ignores X defense" attacks.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

How do I add friends in this game?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

GreyPowerVan posted:

How do I add friends in this game?

Main screen, Contents -> Friends.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

We've got room for 2ish people in SwdOfLowtax if anybody's guildless or wants to move.

DonnyTrump
Apr 24, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

We've got room for 2ish people in SwdOfLowtax if anybody's guildless or wants to move.

I'd like to move. Is there a wait penalty when quitting a guild? Name is DonTrump

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Well on my way to getting Krut, I'll definitely get him by the end of the event.

How should I be setting up party comp while getting through the story? It seems like every 3 stages or so I have to stop and grind a bit so I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Do you focus first on roles then switch the characters in each specific role by type based on what you're fighting?

baram. fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jul 11, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

baram. posted:

Well on my way to getting Krut, I'll definitely get him by the end of the event.

How should I be setting up party comp while getting through the story? It seems like every 3 stages or so I have to stop and grind a bit so I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Do you focus first on roles then switch the characters in each specific role by type based on what you're fighting?

Yeah, I usually try to match the balance of R/P/S the enemies call for.

Send me a friend invite (ign: Arafel) and I'll add you once I expand my friends list. My Raz should be able to one-shot Krut 2 or 3 for you.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Hodgepodge posted:

Yeah, I usually try to match the balance of R/P/S the enemies call for.

Send me a friend invite (ign: Arafel) and I'll add you once I expand my friends list. My Raz should be able to one-shot Krut 2 or 3 for you.

We're friends already. I didn't even think of using friend mercs to stomp Krut.. oops. That should make it quicker tomorrow when I have summons up again.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

As far as story mode, I just used my favorites/dudes I thought were most cool until the last few zones(namely ashan), where I switched to Krut, Raizel, Muzaka, Raskreia and Mas. An attacker of each type, good cooperation bonuses, good healer, and Krut is just a ridiculous powerhouse from which there is no escape. Having a decent attacker of each type built up my Lord bar really fast, so I was able to get off quite a few hellfires per game.

After Ashan, I did enough playing around in the harder parts of the game to realize that team is actually really, really bad and I beat Ashan through pure damage alone. Don't get me wrong, each individual unit on that team is actually spectacular, but the team comp itself started falling apart really fast. Came to the conclusion that CC is where it's at, and once I started abusing CC the game got way, way easier in a real hurry. If I were to do it all over again, I think my team comp would be something like Bearman, Krut, Jenny, Gillian, and one of Serendi, Deborah, Raskreia, Raizel, Alex, Raboff or Alfred, depending on what the map was like. I realize that's a wide range of poo poo to think about, but the gist is "Do I need a lot of AOE CC? Serendi, Raboff, Alex or Alfred. Do I need less CC and more raw killing power? Deborah, Raskreia or Raizel".

Honestly, one good CCer is generally enough, but I found that one dedicated CC(Bearman, usually. Just wish his movement was higher.) plus some others who CAN cc but aren't necessarily dedicated to it(jenny, gillian) makes the game way more manageable.

But Krut? Krut stays forever.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

DonnyTrump posted:

I'd like to move. Is there a wait penalty when quitting a guild? Name is DonTrump

There's a 24 hour waiting period before you can accept the invite. Go ahead and leave, and we'll get you in.

DonnyTrump
Apr 24, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

There's a 24 hour waiting period before you can accept the invite. Go ahead and leave, and we'll get you in.

Alright cool, I left.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

I started this and it's pretty fun so far. Is there something I should work towards this current event? Heard this 'Krut' guy is a pretty big deal, achievable if I start out now and if so, how? I'm not averse to a bit of :effort: on my part.

Also, okay to apply to one of the guilds as soon as the game allows?

Illiterate Clitoris fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jul 11, 2016

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Wooze posted:

I started this and it's pretty fun so far. Is there something I should work towards this current event? Heard this 'Krut' guy is a pretty big deal, achievable if I start out now and if so, how? I'm not averse to a bit of :effort: on my part.

Also, okay to one of the guilds as soon as the game allows?

Go forward in the game at least until you nab Mas. Then head on over to the island and do nothing but spend energy there on stage 1. Either that or dolphin out for his set and the 1000 genes.

Speaking of which, what are the details on that set? Is it good?

And how do you even pronounce Krut anyway? Does it rhyme with Butt or Boot?

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker
So I think the real question that needs to be answered, is where did Ninja end up in the BoH standings last week? You were top 10 when I looked first thing in the morning yesterday.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Mardragon posted:

So I think the real question that needs to be answered, is where did Ninja end up in the BoH standings last week? You were top 10 when I looked first thing in the morning yesterday.

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Speaking of which, what are the details on that set? Is it good?
And how do you even pronounce Krut anyway? Does it rhyme with Butt or Boot?

The set is passable, but nowhere near as good as Beast Rain or other options, which is why I passed it up. It's a lovely version of Klein's passive, plus an alternating attack/defense bonus in time with his existing one, so your attack is more attacky, and your defense more defensy.

Krut is pronounced Kroot, or so it was initially translated phonetically when the korean was badly translated at his debut.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Anyway, some tips for newbies that I don't recall in the OP:

Crowd Control is good. Spend your yellow genes on Chris' stunning attack and that old teacher guy's AOE charm before other things.

Don't worry too much about the exploration bonus, but get it done anyway eventually. It makes you more likely to find gems and relics on expeditions.

Relic pulls are kind of a trap, especially when there are no guaranteed drops. Sometimes there are from events. They are luxury items, in the end. Treat them as such. Other gem purchases will serve you better usually.

Ian is a cat.

Having trouble? upgrading your equipment is really important, and refinement materials are good. If you're struggling with something, that just means you either need to gain levels, upgrade your skills with genes, or get better gear. Armor, especially, if you are having trouble surviving. So don't neglect to visit the armor and weapon storage nepthys dungeons when they are open.

Don't sell set or platinum gear. Save them for ascending.

Spend gems on getting gear storage to 100, materials storage to 200, friends storage to 50, and upgrading your lord skills and expeditions.

For combat masteries, hellfire, grace, attack, and cooperation up are all solid choices. Hellfire and grace have specific applications in later maps.

For support masteries, MORE GOLD, better enhance chance, more gems from expeditions, and faster energy regain are all excellent.

Costumes are ignorable, only get one if you really want to look pretty. Or lord costumes for your whole army. Or Serendi, the short princess, and Nirvana, who all have movement up costumes. Movement up from any source is amazing, by the way. Max MP and MP regain are also great costume choices. But costumes are generally secoondary to the above stuff.

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker

That's drat impressive. Good job.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

DonnyTrump posted:

Alright cool, I left.

Sent you an invite, but you won't be able to accept until tomorrow morning.

Mardragon posted:

That's drat impressive. Good job.

Thanks. Most of my pleasure in this game now is seeing how long I can hang out in whale tier without spending anything.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Purchase priority for Soul Gear Scroll, Diamonds, and Transcend Hammers?

I'm gonna get Krut tomorrow, excited for that, he's good for basically all content right? The friend ones I used did crazy damage compared to other characters it seemed.

I think Jack is a long term keeper because of his 3 Skill doing %maxhp damage right?

Seems like I'm getting into the better characters story wise but Gillian is kicking my rear end in the fight so I've been focusing on other progression.

baram. fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jul 12, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

baram. posted:

Purchase priority for Soul Gear Scroll, Diamonds, and Transcend Hammers?

I'm gonna get Krut tomorrow, excited for that, he's good for basically all content right? The friend ones I used did crazy damage compared to other characters it seemed.

I think Jack is a long term keeper because of his 3 Skill doing %maxhp damage right?

Seems like I'm getting into the better characters story wise but Gillian is kicking my rear end in the fight so I've been focusing on other progression.

The hammers and diamonds are all good but you probably won't be able to use it right away unless you've been rolling for set items. The scroll you can use right away as there are plenty of heroes worth using it on now. I would go for the scroll and set items if you want something you can use right as you get it. If you think you can't afford everything before the shop ends, aim for all the hammers first.

Jack is someone you want to gear up and rush levels as fast as possible. His 3rd skill will chew through bosses throughout story mode. You bring him whenever there is a target with extremely high hp.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What is the buying priority for the current event? I'm newer to the game, just finished company and unlocked Jenny

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Post above you.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Here's a more refined version for new players:

Prioritize all daily items except Soul Stones and Key of Darkness. This guild raid related items won't help you advance faster.

For the limited items, since the event is over half way, I would personally go for stuff you can use right away. I don't know if you guys will play the game long enough for the actual good items to come into use.

Skip the diamonds. 200 diamonds honestly isn't that much and 1800 coins can buy a lot of other stuff.

Priority:
1. Perfect Genes
2. Soul Gear Summon Scroll

Costumes you can pick up if you like the looks. Stat wise they won't make a huge impact if you don't have them, but they are limited to this event. You probably won't use either of those heroes much anyway unless you really love them.

If you can get all 3 pieces of the phoenix set, go for it. If you can't, get the Phoenix Staff and Feather of Life. The full set is really good on Serendi since she's probably the most useful hero early game that also have high dodge.

Get whatever hammers you can if you have anything left over.

Devil's Souls are also worth it if you want to rush someone to 5*. I would personally get the rock souls just to rush Krut to 5* as quickly as possible because Krut is OP as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Filishot and Geekslinger are out, BakaSA and DonTrump have joined up.

• Locked thread