Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
We've been asked to take back sov but nothing has changed. This is the most unmotivating poo poo I've ever taken part of in EVE. "We're going to build up our mining ADMs" is the weakest loving plan goddamn.

The only thing that's changed since we lost our sov is that our numbers have diminished. I try to find reasons to agree with leadership but holy gently caress why would we beat our heads against the wall.

A part of me wants to package this thought into a nice article for TMC, but I am way too disturbed with the SOTG to compose myself or my thoughts into anything remotely civil. Nothing has loving changed

PARADIGMS

The mega-alliance poo poo needs to stop. It's dead. Like the three-ton Cadillacs of yore, bigger is not better and you can't lumber along and get away with simply being a huge entity. I'm going to suggest smashing GSF into smaller member alliances of the Imperium, and people will probably think that's just the old issue of gaming the ADM system with more alliance capitals.

To that I say gently caress the ADM bonus and get rid of it. There are more important reasons for reforming into small alliances, and a capital system is a roleplay idea with mechanics to enforce it. ADM bonuses are arbitrary and ambiguous as gently caress, especially when you limit an ADM bonus to one system per alliance. Limit capital systems and their ADM bonus to one per constellation and THEN maybe it makes sense for being proportional and consistent.

Seriously no one gives a gently caress about an ADM bonus, and instead my main supporting arguments are identity and perception.

WHO DO YOU PLAY FOR

There's that scene in Miracle (Disney, 2004) where the players on the US Olympic hockey team break down and give up their individual identities. The message is unity and cohesion which are good for a hockey team, but improper for an alliance like GSF in this sov system.

The fatbee represents Goonwaffe and when GSF membercorps are asked to fight under it, they are denied a sense of accomplishment and identity. GSF can be accused of using membercorps as meat shields and you can't really remove that doubt. If the Imperium formed and fought exactly the same but was comprised of alliances with excecutor corps like Amok and Wildly Inappropriate, Goonwaffe, Dokdo, ETNY, ENLI, then you could say the Imperium is one for all, and all for one.

How is it not more motivating if member alliances have their tickers and alliance logos (currently corp logos) on TCUs, IHUBs, and outposts (lol outposts).

PERCEPTION IS REALITY

it's a simple matter of perception. When there are fifteen alliances attacking and one alliance defending, there is a strong element of feeling outnumbered, even if the defending alliance is better than all attackers combined.

TEST, BOS, Tri, PL, NC, Darkness, TISHU, Slyce, Horde, Brave
Versus
Goonswarm Federation

has a very different psychological effect compared to

Versus
GEWNS, SNOOO, W.I., -HKU-, ETNY, AM0K, KMW, SV.H, ZEBR .ICE. ENL-I, -REP

lastly, we've been beaten back in our current form. Asking me to do it again and expecting a different outcome is loving insane, don't you think

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Elsa posted:

We've been asked to take back sov but nothing has changed. This is the most unmotivating poo poo I've ever taken part of in EVE. "We're going to build up our mining ADMs" is the weakest loving plan goddamn.

The only thing that's changed since we lost our sov is that our numbers have diminished. I try to find reasons to agree with leadership but holy gently caress why would we beat our heads against the wall.

A part of me wants to package this thought into a nice article for TMC, but I am way too disturbed with the SOTG to compose myself or my thoughts into anything remotely civil. Nothing has loving changed

PARADIGMS

The mega-alliance poo poo needs to stop. It's dead. Like the three-ton Cadillacs of yore, bigger is not better and you can't lumber along and get away with simply being a huge entity. I'm going to suggest smashing GSF into smaller member alliances of the Imperium, and people will probably think that's just the old issue of gaming the ADM system with more alliance capitals.

To that I say gently caress the ADM bonus and get rid of it. There are more important reasons for reforming into small alliances, and a capital system is a roleplay idea with mechanics to enforce it. ADM bonuses are arbitrary and ambiguous as gently caress, especially when you limit an ADM bonus to one system per alliance. Limit capital systems and their ADM bonus to one per constellation and THEN maybe it makes sense for being proportional and consistent.

Seriously no one gives a gently caress about an ADM bonus, and instead my main supporting arguments are identity and perception.

WHO DO YOU PLAY FOR

There's that scene in Miracle (Disney, 2004) where the players on the US Olympic hockey team break down and give up their individual identities. The message is unity and cohesion which are good for a hockey team, but improper for an alliance like GSF in this sov system.

The fatbee represents Goonwaffe and when GSF membercorps are asked to fight under it, they are denied a sense of accomplishment and identity. GSF can be accused of using membercorps as meat shields and you can't really remove that doubt. If the Imperium formed and fought exactly the same but was comprised of alliances with excecutor corps like Amok and Wildly Inappropriate, Goonwaffe, Dokdo, ETNY, ENLI, then you could say the Imperium is one for all, and all for one.

How is it not more motivating if member alliances have their tickers and alliance logos (currently corp logos) on TCUs, IHUBs, and outposts (lol outposts).

PERCEPTION IS REALITY

it's a simple matter of perception. When there are fifteen alliances attacking and one alliance defending, there is a strong element of feeling outnumbered, even if the defending alliance is better than all attackers combined.

Versus
Goonswarm Federation

Versus

lastly, we've been beaten back in our current form. Asking me to do it again and expecting a different outcome is loving insane, don't you think

Cracks are forming

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

I should be back to chill posting soon, EVE is... just as boring as it was when I quit the first time.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
PS recruit unironic mining corps. I'm composing EVEmails to reach out to some old miners I know from high sec.

edit: comma splice

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jul 11, 2016

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

I should be back to chill posting soon, EVE is... just as boring as it was when I quit the first time.

thats what happens when you blue up 65,000 nerds :laugh:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Orange Red Bull posted:

or when you can't even shoot structures anymore

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

"not blue to anyone except ncdot"

"wait a minute goons are here we might be blue for this"

"titan tackled? nah gently caress it goons would want us to shoot that, lets be temp blue for this and shoot them"

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

the person who makes the call on the fly to who you can and cant shoot and who you might be temp blue to at any given moment deserves a medal

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Orange Red Bull posted:

The way to fix that is to shoot blues.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
Is this the new posting meta? Posting things that are inherently wrong or incorrect to bait out pl posters like xolve (and me apparently) into correcting you? I mean you can't be so stupid to actually believe the things you say can you? I always gave you the benefit of the doubt mr. orange red bull but I don't know any more.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

remember though the panfam is all about fun and content for members and not securing income streams so 12 guys can play in the AT each year with shiny ships

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Is this the new posting meta? Posting things that are inherently wrong or incorrect to bait out pl posters like xolve (and me apparently) into correcting you? I mean you can't be so stupid to actually believe the things you say can you? I always gave you the benefit of the doubt mr. orange red bull but I don't know any more.

how triggered are you right now

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Orange Red Bull posted:

how triggered are you right now

Is this the new way of asking "u mad" in 2016?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Is this the new way of asking "u mad" in 2016?

can you stop quoting idiots on my ignore list? thanks.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

can you stop quoting idiots on my ignore list? thanks.

nice meltdown

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Orange Red Bull posted:

the person who makes the call on the fly to who you can and cant shoot and who you might be temp blue to at any given moment deserves a medal

gobbins. he's more influential than anyone in the game right now.

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011

The best thing I've seen in this thread addressing some of these issues was the suggestion of abandoning the north and going to kick in the teeth of some unsuspecting alliance in another region, even if it's just to rebuild in an attempt to assault the castle again.

As it stands right now it's pretty clear gsf & friends are outnumbered in the conflict. Fighting somewhere else for a while would create content for line members to log in for, and halt the slow bleed for a bit.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

somnolence posted:

The best thing I've seen in this thread addressing some of these issues was the suggestion of abandoning the north and going to kick in the teeth of some unsuspecting alliance in another region, even if it's just to rebuild in an attempt to assault the castle again.

As it stands right now it's pretty clear gsf & friends are outnumbered in the conflict. Fighting somewhere else for a while would create content for line members to log in for, and halt the slow bleed for a bit.

I think we should take space elsewhere just to see if MBC gives chase. They've committed to hitting any targets we own so perhaps we could force them into an imbalanced trade where it's easier for GSF to put up sov than it is for MBC to take it down.

poo poo give me roles and a handful of TCUs and I'll put them down in some butthole region

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Goons could also pull an Obi-wan and exist as an IT infrastructure and coordination entity, and never hold sov. What now.

somnolence posted:

The best thing I've seen in this thread addressing some of these issues was the suggestion of abandoning the north

How can you abandon something if it's already been taken from you

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 11, 2016

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011

Elsa posted:

I think we should take space elsewhere just to see if MBC gives chase. They've committed to hitting any targets we own so perhaps we could force them into an imbalanced trade where it's easier for GSF to put up sov than it is for MBC to take it down.

poo poo give me roles and a handful of TCUs and I'll put them down in some butthole region

:shrug: It wouldn't hurt to try. It's better than running into a brick wall of nerds repeatedly.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Elsa posted:

... perhaps we could force them into an imbalanced trade where it's easier for GSF to put up sov than it is for MBC to take it down.

I stress (again) that I am functionally retarded when it comes to sov mechanics, but from what I've read here it sounds like fozziesov makes things way easier for the attacker, doubly so if they can roll in with bigger numbers. So effectively you'd have to go far enough away that voltron couldn't be bothered to ship out en masse to go sovwand the poo poo you just sovwanded two days prior?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Jazzzzz posted:

I stress (again) that I am functionally retarded when it comes to sov mechanics, but from what I've read here it sounds like fozziesov makes things way easier for the attacker, doubly so if they can roll in with bigger numbers. So effectively you'd have to go far enough away that voltron couldn't be bothered to ship out en masse to go sovwand the poo poo you just sovwanded two days prior?

going somewhere else is only a red herring, and the occupier problem needs to be dealt with in a permanent way.

most of our occupied, formerly owned space is easy enough to reinforce anyway, so even for the purpose of making MBC run around for entosis bullshit, our current AO is just fine.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Elsa posted:

PARADIGMS

WHO DO YOU PLAY FOR

PERCEPTION IS REALITY

Versus
Goonswarm Federation

Versus

Source your quotes

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011

Elsa posted:

Goons could also pull an Obi-wan and exist as an IT infrastructure and coordination entity, and never hold sov. What now.

How can you abandon something if it's already been taken from you

Saranen is still in the northern part of the map isn't it?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

somnolence posted:

Saranen is still in the northern part of the map isn't it?

Okay I'll answer your very easy question.

Yes.

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011

Elsa posted:

Okay I'll answer your very easy question.

Yes.

According to this http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Goonswarm_Federation/changes you guys are making gains, so maybe the tide is shifting again.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

somnolence posted:

According to this http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Goonswarm_Federation/changes you guys are making gains, so maybe the tide is shifting again.

:sun:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Guys we got more sov than PL right now

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

somnolence posted:

let's hope people find Entosis fun

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Orange Red Bull posted:

Guys we got more sov than PL right now

bullshit. by virtue of riding Horde's coattails PL has far more sov than GSF right now

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I didn't know there had been a new SOTG until elsa mentioned it, but it's pretty good:

https://www.themittani.com/features/imperiums-marching-orders posted:

Finally, The Mittani is looking for volunteers to explore making a second attempt at a gambling site. The first attempt was shelved because they already had a strong income source, and they didn't want to get involved in gambling, but the success of IWI has rekindled the idea.

Looking forward to the next baculus article on this.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Elsa posted:

bullshit. by virtue of riding Horde's coattails PL has far more sov than GSF right now

I was told that Pandemic Horde and Pandemic Legion are completely separate entities sharing little in common

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I didn't know there had been a new SOTG until elsa mentioned it, but it's pretty good:

Looking forward to the next baculus article on this.

I joined GSF right around the time eveninggames was launched. back then it was just a fun service to provide to blues. now the motivation is to pump players for as much ISK as possible out of necessity.

To solve our little problem I prefer to sov grief players into unsubbing. It punishes not just our enemies but CCP for their unscrupulous decision to profit from people's real world gambling problems. Seriously what is the plan with an Imperium casino? fund goodfights? why is that suddenly a good idea because we might be able to afford it.

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 11, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Orange Red Bull posted:

I was told that Pandemic Horde and Pandemic Legion are completely separate entities sharing little in common

Gobbins and Horde have gained enough momentum to stand on their own but their name starts with Pandemic so clearly PL and PH are one and the same.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i guess a side effect of ambien is that you bite on every troll that is dangled in front of you, as well as some that weren't dangled at all

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Glory of Arioch posted:

i guess a side effect of ambien is that you bite on every troll that is dangled in front of you, as well as some that weren't dangled at all

actually I just took it for the evening, all of this page was sober.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Played some Eve today. Went on a fleet fight, got some kill mails. P good Eve day.

Also I ran out of things to train on my main so I'm training marauders 5. Last subcap spaceship command skill to train to 5 left. Other than t3 cruisers because that is a waste

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Yep, I had fun today too. Moomin has discovered what it's like to have rabid dogs in your fleets.

:sun:: "Uh, little Vexor buddy, that's a four-vs-one fight, you should stay at range until the fleet arrives."
:ullerrm:: "I FEAR NO MOA" *pops Improved Exile and hits the MWD*

Turns out that 500dps of overheated active tank is exactly what you need to tank two RLML Caracals until their reload. Would have made a fantastic solo fight -- alas, the rest of the fleet showed up shortly after I killed the first Caracal.

Also found out that dual rep Maguses are really good at chemotherapy.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Elsa posted:

actually I just took it for the evening, all of this page was sober.

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Glory of Arioch posted:

I have several trolls in my troll collection, some in better condition than others.

There was this comment about the new posting meta, has a good imprint of avatarwin's teeth on it. Should be good for at least 10 GSF LP.

quote:

There is also this trophy of unintentional self-trolling by Xolve, has a slight beak mark but only from typing it out on his keyboard.

quote:

and then of course your own post, Glory of Arioch, is a troll... of sorts *wink *wink good form, good form.

• Locked thread