Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

mateo360 posted:

I got a shipping notification tonight. Yay. though I don't know if they got the watches figured out yet.

I woke up to see it and wasn't awake enough to talk, so I apparently made an alarming sound. I don't remember doing that last part, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Real hurthling! posted:

4 or 5 new awesome game modes including ones that let you play as a human commando and one about controlling a wrecking ball and lots of stuff that showed the developers really cared about the game and knew they were the masters of shmup after like 20 years of super stardust experience.

Also it's like $7.50 only.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Furi's good please download it

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Baal posted:

Furi's good please download it

:yeah:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Shnag posted:

i'm looking to get an other scary game, but I might just wait for soma to drop more in price if its just sub-par. I enjoy underwater games like Bioshock, and I liked Alien Isolation and outlast, but Soma's atmosphere might not be enough if its gameplay is lacking. Slenderman also looks tempting to get.

SOMA is liked mainly for the ideas on display re: transhumanism and such. It's not very scary, the protagonist is unbearable and while the setting is neat it can't help feeling like a low-rent Bioshock after a while.

Slender on the other hand has nothing to recommend it at all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I found SOMA scary enough and the bit towards the end where you have to navigate through incredibly deep water with almost zero visibility with only some dim and occasionally misleading lights to guide you was one of the tensest things I did in games last year.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I found SOMA scary enough and the bit towards the end where you have to navigate through incredibly deep water with almost zero visibility with only some dim and occasionally misleading lights to guide you was one of the tensest things I did in games last year.

The thing I liked about SOMA was how it was a story that involved the concept of digitizing human minds and didn't just handwave away any concerns about copying the digital version. A lot of SF stories that deal with that kind of stuff just kind of ignore any thorny existential questions.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Shnag posted:

Might be worth a shot if it comes to ps4.
I thought this was the general recommendations thread :)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

muscles like this? posted:

The thing I liked about SOMA was how it was a story that involved the concept of digitizing human minds and didn't just handwave away any concerns about copying the digital version. A lot of SF stories that deal with that kind of stuff just kind of ignore any thorny existential questions.

You won the coin flip. In another world, there's a muscles like this complaining that Soma handwaved all concerns.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Resogun is great and i think its supposed to be crossbuy but its implemented in a hosed up way because i get it coming up as free on vita rather than purchased when i look at the store and get errors when i try to put it in my cart. You dont want to play it on vita though because only ps4 got the amazing season pass
iirc the trick to making the errors go away is to put the PS4 version in your cart when you try to get the vita one. It's definitely not as good as the console version for a ton of different reasons, but it's a good companion to Spelunky, Luftrausers, and TxK as arcadey vita games you can play for a couple minutes at a time IMO.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ineffiable posted:

You won the coin flip. In another world, there's a muscles like this complaining that Soma handwaved all concerns.

I really liked the scene where you're upgrading your suit and she doesn't knock out the old version of you fast enough so you hear him talking in the other room.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

How often does DriveClub go on sale? The only reason I'm jealous of Xbox One is Forza and lately I'm dying for that kind of racing game. Car collecting, upgrading, leveling up, just that entire slow trickle of satisfying car bullshit. I miss it like crazy. Does DC hit those marks? I don't care about multiplayer if it's dead so that's not big deal.

Oh and most importantly of course how are the engine sounds + graphics?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Graphics are absolutely insane, as are the sounds, but there isn't really upgrading. You grind for points to unlock cars, but once they are unlocked you aren't like throwing "Turbo 3" on the cars.

If you have Plus can't you download a one location demo still?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Furi question: if I turn down the difficulty on death, can I turn it back up later? The sniper's final phase is loving bullshit and I will gladly sacrifice any cheevos necessary to skip it, but not if it means ruining the rest of the game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sindai posted:

Furi question: if I turn down the difficulty on death, can I turn it back up later? The sniper's final phase is loving bullshit and I will gladly sacrifice any cheevos necessary to skip it, but not if it means ruining the rest of the game.

i don't think so. just watch a walkthrough and practice what they do

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It's 2016 and you still can't ask the Download List to sort by system. :negative:

e: oh, drat. an updating OP...what other miracles await!

Bogart fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 11, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

get the psdle thing i think

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the drop is out for this week

Adrift
Gradius II
Assault Suit Leynos aka Target Earth
Daydreamer
Dex
Ghostbusters
Kerbal Space Program
Last wings (xbuy on vita)
MilitAnt
Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS-Force (vita only)
Panda Run
Resident Evil 5
Song of the deep
Super mutant Alien Assault
Type:Rider
Videoball.

gonna get me that leynos

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Bogart posted:

It's 2016 and you still can't ask the Download List to sort by system. :negative:

This was in the OP

Yechezkel posted:

A script to sort and parse the download list in the webstore is freely available. After logging into the webstore, you can either use the Chrome extension linked on the homepage, run a userscript or bookmarklet, or enter this script into the URL bar:
code:
javascript:$.getScript("//repod.github.io/psdle/psdle.js");void(0);
Type in "javascript:" in case the browser cuts it off. Click on the blue logo after entering in the link to start the script.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Real hurthling! posted:

the drop is out for this week

Adrift
Gradius II
Assault Suit Leynos aka Target Earth
Daydreamer
Dex
Ghostbusters
Kerbal Space Program
Last wings (xbuy on vita)
MilitAnt
Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS-Force (vita only)
Panda Run
Resident Evil 5
Song of the deep
Super mutant Alien Assault
Type:Rider
Videoball.

gonna get me that leynos

Hell yes Gundam VS is finally coming. I've been waiting since I cancelled my physical pre-order way back in like January.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of which, do you think it time to make a new thread? Yek is never coming back.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rirse posted:

Speaking of which, do you think it time to make a new thread? Yek is never coming back.

5 months to go on this one

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I recently bought a Vita, mostly to play PS One games that I missed out on back in the day. I don't mind the going price for them, but how often do they go on sale? I figure I am in no rush to play anything right now so if I can hold off and wait for sales but not having much experience with PSN as a store I don't know how often that might be.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I recently bought a Vita, mostly to play PS One games that I missed out on back in the day. I don't mind the going price for them, but how often do they go on sale? I figure I am in no rush to play anything right now so if I can hold off and wait for sales but not having much experience with PSN as a store I don't know how often that might be.

There's different sales every week, and there's normally some PS1 games in there.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
For instance, this week, Suikoden 2 and Misadventures of Tron Bonne are both on sale.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Like elf help book said, they tend to have PS1 games on sale regularly. Right now Suikoden 2 and Misadventure of Tron Bone are on sale for 3 and 2 dollars apiece without PS+. Considering how those two combine go for 400 complete on ebay..that's a good deal!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I should buy both of those

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm glad Videoball is finally coming out even though I'll probably never play it.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Is Suikoden 2 worth picking up if a person has never played the first one?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Vakal posted:

Is Suikoden 2 worth picking up if a person has never played the first one?
Yes

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Suikoden 2 is amazing

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Ah, thanks for the replies. I will keep my eyes open, I grabbed a year of PS+ for $40 last month and that extra discount on some games is cool.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

El Hefe posted:

Suikoden 2 is amazing

I agree, it's one of the best PS1 Classics games you can get on here.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Pretty often, and sometimes they have sales where PS1 games in a given series or publisher get really heavily discounted - like, down to $1 in some cases and frequently at $2. I think they discounted a bunch of the Megaman X games and I bought 3 for $5 or something.

The popular stuff is $10 but gets discounted to $5 a lot - as an example Square Enix regularly discounts their entire PS1 library so that all the Final Fantasy games go from $10 to $5, and then the cheaper stuff like Front Mission 3 will be $2.

The main thing I use the vita for is playing PS1 games or PS2 games that were ported to it to be honest

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The main thing I use the vita for is playing PS1 games or PS2 games that were ported to it to be honest

This and PSP games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The lack of L2 + R2 makes any actiony PS1 game kind of bleh to play on a Vita

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

The lack of L2 + R2 makes any actiony PS1 game kind of bleh to play on a Vita

L2/R2 grips are great.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

And also don't work on the original model Vita, as far as I'm aware

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

On the flip side, the option to rebind buttons to the right stick makes a lot of PSP games much more tolerable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

And also don't work on the original model Vita, as far as I'm aware

The same company that makes the original -2000 model makes a -1000 one now: http://www.play-asia.com/l2r2-button-grip-cover-for-pch-1000-black/13/709ikh

(Sorry for the Play-Asia link.)

• Locked thread