Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So I got an email from The Order (The Power Rangers Expendables movie that I backed for like $5) saying that I was randomly chosen to receive a phone call from a cast member. I'm not good at phone calls (and I have really limited minutes), so if anyone wants it, PM me.

Taken! Let us know how it goes, jivjov!

Senerio fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Senerio posted:

Taken! Let us know how it goes, jivjov!

Well, I just got off the phone with Deborah E. Phillips, who played Katie/Time Force Yellow, and let me tell you...she is SUPER chill and down to earth. The first couple minutes of the call felt kinda like a sales pitch for The Order, but then she just starting talking about how cool it was to still be remembered for a role on a kids show that she did for a few months 15 years ago. Turns out she fangirl'd really hard when she met the Mighty Morphin' cast. She was super stoked to be the first Power Rangers cast member that I've ever gotten to actually speak to; she's pretty new to doing conventions/interacting with the fanbase, so she's so used to hearing people say that they've met a laundry list of other Rangers before her. She couldn't say enough good things about her co-stars from Time Force, and how its cool that over half the cast is reunited for The Order. She's excited to see where the Power Rangers reboot movie goes and hopes they make it all the way to an adaptation of Time Force. She's well aware that "the Yellow Ranger" is often an unenviable spot to be cast for a 5-person team.

All in all, I cannot complain one bit about getting to talk to her; Time Force was the 2nd season of Power Rangers I really ever watched (Started with Lightspeed), and it was such a blast!

EDIT: And yes...I told her about Podcasters With Attitude. She asked me if I was part of the Power Rangers fan community on social media or whatnot...and I couldn't resist mentioning the show...

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

jivjov posted:

EDIT: And yes...I told her about Podcasters With Attitude. She asked me if I was part of the Power Rangers fan community on social media or whatnot...and I couldn't resist mentioning the show...

Out of curiousity, are you guys planning on continuing that at some point? Last time I checked you'd stopped after Lost Galaxy.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Larryb posted:

Out of curiousity, are you guys planning on continuing that at some point? Last time I checked you'd stopped after Lost Galaxy.

Yes! At least Burk and I want to pick back up with Lightspeed at some point; we've just been really busy with real life stuff lately. Plus Wade's been a bit incommunicado, so I'm now the editor and hoster...and I have very little editing experience and no hosting of my own.

We did jump ahead and do a single episode of S.P.D. as a bonus feature for my film review thread which I've got hosted here at Soundcloud

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I'm really excited to go to PMC with all this buzz around "The Order" and the Mighty Morphin reboot movie.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm enjoying Teenagers with Attitude podcast right now. Every episode is far too long but they can be funny sometimes.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

jivjov posted:

Well, I just got off the phone with Deborah E. Phillips, who played Katie/Time Force Yellow, and let me tell you...she is SUPER chill and down to earth. The first couple minutes of the call felt kinda like a sales pitch for The Order, but then she just starting talking about how cool it was to still be remembered for a role on a kids show that she did for a few months 15 years ago. Turns out she fangirl'd really hard when she met the Mighty Morphin' cast. She was super stoked to be the first Power Rangers cast member that I've ever gotten to actually speak to; she's pretty new to doing conventions/interacting with the fanbase, so she's so used to hearing people say that they've met a laundry list of other Rangers before her. She couldn't say enough good things about her co-stars from Time Force, and how its cool that over half the cast is reunited for The Order. She's excited to see where the Power Rangers reboot movie goes and hopes they make it all the way to an adaptation of Time Force. She's well aware that "the Yellow Ranger" is often an unenviable spot to be cast for a 5-person team.

All in all, I cannot complain one bit about getting to talk to her; Time Force was the 2nd season of Power Rangers I really ever watched (Started with Lightspeed), and it was such a blast!

Why is yellow unenviable?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Darth TNT posted:

Yellow is often considered the Forgettable one as they often get the least writing focus of the main 5 cast members(unless it's a season with both a Black and Green Ranger in the main 5, then often one or both of them will get that treatment instead), Wild Force Yellow was a rare exception to this trend to my recollection

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Darth TNT posted:

Well, let's look at MMPR as a baseline; you've got the Leader, the Smart One, the Cool Dancing One, the Cool Mystery Man, The Girl Who Cozies Up To The Mystery Man...and then Trini.

It really seems like one of the girls on a 5-person team, and usually the Yellow, gets a bit of a short shrift.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

jivjov posted:

Well, let's look at MMPR as a baseline; you've got the Leader, the Smart One, the Cool Dancing One, the Cool Mystery Man, The Girl Who Cozies Up To The Mystery Man...and then Trini.

It really seems like one of the girls on a 5-person team, and usually the Yellow, gets a bit of a short shrift.

Ironically her Zyuranger counterpart Boi got a lot of focus compared to her, one of those things that happens when you ditch the non fight scene aspects of a show you are adapting

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
According to Robert Axlerod, Goldar is going to be in the upcoming new movie, but the original VA for him has yet to be approached to do the voice, so it's most likely going to be someone new

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is Axelrod gonna be in it?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

greatn posted:

Is Axelrod gonna be in it?

According to him, he has not been asked at all, but wouldn't mind doing a cameo if they wanted him

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
He got his Goldar information by virtue of still being friends with Kerrigan Mahan (original Goldar VA)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Wait, he got information that Goldar was in the film from a person whom has yet to be approached about the film.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

greatn posted:

Wait, he got information that Goldar was in the film from a person whom has yet to be approached about the film.

His anecdote was that Kerrigan Mahan heard that Goldar was in the film, and he was a bit miffed that he wasn't asked to reprise the role.

So it could be complete BS, but Axlerod seemed to believe it

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Ah that makes more sense.

An original voice actor being approached is super rare though. The transformers movies are definitely the exception to the rule.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Even with the Transformer movies, it took four to get Welker on as Megatron/Galvatron, and Peter is pretty much the ONLY other actor they got.

And if the plot I heard about earlier last year is true, yeah Goldar is in the movie, though if that's a good thing or not is...questionable.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Axlerod is such an adorable old man. He fell asleep during the clip he was showing of Serpentera. His handler had to wake him up. :)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Burkion posted:

Even with the Transformer movies, it took four to get Welker on as Megatron/Galvatron, and Peter is pretty much the ONLY other actor they got.

And if the plot I heard about earlier last year is true, yeah Goldar is in the movie, though if that's a good thing or not is...questionable.

Welker worked on the earlier movies, though? I'm pretty sure he's Soundwave in ROTF, because there was a lot of jokes about how it sounded like Dr Claw from Inspector Gadget, mostly because that was Welker doing the same voice, just they put it through a vocoder on Transformers originally but didn't do so in the film.

Also, mostly because I dunno where else to put it, the new Pink Ranger outfit from the comics is... interesting.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 12, 2016

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I was at a con today and a bunch of Power Rangers were there. I certainly wasn't planning it (mostly showed up to browse video games) but it turned out pretty awesome. Setting aside Trini I only have two rangers left before I'd have met all of the original group. Will probably be a bit harder to meet the last two because I take it Amy Jo Johnson doesn't subsist on 30 dollar autographs and JDF is JDF.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Cliff Racer posted:

I was at a con today and a bunch of Power Rangers were there. I certainly wasn't planning it (mostly showed up to browse video games) but it turned out pretty awesome. Setting aside Trini I only have two rangers left before I'd have met all of the original group. Will probably be a bit harder to meet the last two because I take it Amy Jo Johnson doesn't subsist on 30 dollar autographs and JDF is JDF.

If you don't have to meet in person, JDF is always selling signed Ranger photos through his facebook page.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Yeah, get his autograph on all five of his Ranger photos for $50! By Eltar's grace, what a savings!

Complimentary ZIG-AYUHHHHHs if you order another set for a friend.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
http://comicbook.com/2016/06/21/power-rangers-bryan-cranston-cast-as-zordon/

Guess Zordon is The Power

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I.... I don't know how to feel about this...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Welcome back Snizzard

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I am the one who morphs.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I knew that Cranston did some two-bit monster voices for the show before, but it still blows my mind

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Raserys posted:

I knew that Cranston did some two-bit monster voices for the show before, but it still blows my mind
However the rest of the movie turns out, Cranston is gonna bring his loving A-game to playing a floating CGI wizard head. With any luck, he'll be the Raul Julia to this movie's Street Fighter. (Except for, you know, the whole dying part.)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlnKnJr1nJM

Listen closely to The Roman's little song at the top of the video.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

No. I can't say I'm a fan of this.

Maybe they'll magically get better in motion

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
It's better at conveying a "this poo poo ain't human tech" better than spandex ever could.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MisterBibs posted:

It's better at conveying a "this poo poo ain't human tech" better than spandex ever could.

I never said I wanted Spandex.

I would have been fine with the actual physical suits they made though.

That would be nice.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Burkion posted:

Why not just take off the helmets? That would look better than...this.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I'm into it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Pyroi posted:

Why not just take off the helmets? That would look better than...this.

Have you heard of Iron Man?

Hate the texture work on the suit, not really a fan of the concept in general either. We'll see how it looks in motion I guess but I doubt i'll like it

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Burkion posted:

There's just way too much poo poo going on here, which is a problem these modern remakes of kids shows suffer from. These guys would fit right in next to the Micheal Bay Transformers or Turtles.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

MisterBibs posted:

nothing says "not human technology" like body suits that perfectly fit the human body!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I just imagine a group of aliens and one going "Make sure you make some suits with tits!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

The Dave posted:

I just imagine a group of Bryan Cranstons and one going "Make sure you make some suits with tits!"