Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddjobs
Dec 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Wait, if Helsinki is HOMO CITY Itä, where's HOMO CITY Länsi?

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

Darkest Auer posted:

Wait, if Helsinki is HOMO CITY Itä, where's HOMO CITY Länsi?

Probably Turku, because no one actually thinks Espoo is a city and the next one's Salo and no one lives in the post-cellphoneindustrial hellscape any longer.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

I thought the ltä was a suffix. Anyway the correct term is HOMO CITY 1.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
suvakeilta liittyy ilmeisesti sairaanhoitajakoulutuksen uudistamiseen: http://www.tamk.fi/-/sairaanhoitaja...m-n-yhteistyona

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Hei, eihän tuossa paidassa sanota että miten se pelastaminen tapahtuu.

Mitä minun pitää tehdä jotta Suomi pääse Homo City idän otteesta?

EDIT:

Eikö nuo läpät ole yleensä paidan etupuolella, vai onko tällä herrasmiehellä paita väärinpäin?

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 11, 2016

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Gortarius posted:

EDIT:

Eikö nuo läpät ole yleensä paidan etupuolella, vai onko tällä herrasmiehellä paita väärinpäin?

Se on hyvä idea jos ei halua että vedetään suoraan edestäpäin.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Gortarius posted:

EDIT:

edessä lukee homocity länsi

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

The Helsinki police managed to really look like a bunch of racist assholes over the whole Musta Barbaari thing and now that details are coming out, it looks even worse. Nice job.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kemper Boyd posted:

The Helsinki police managed to really look like a bunch of racist assholes over the whole Musta Barbaari thing and now that details are coming out, it looks even worse. Nice job.

I mean a lot of people think "the only good cop is a dead cop" is a joke but all cops are the poo poo of the earth.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Jerry Cotton posted:

I mean a lot of people think "the only good cop is a dead cop" is a joke but all cops are the poo poo of the earth.

that's racist #notallcops

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Kemper Boyd posted:

The lowdown is the police were looking for ghanalese prostitues, illegally in the country, and they do not have lazer senz0r to tell who is and who isn't. Stopping elderly Finnish women or small kids on the supposition they might be female ghanalese prostitutes doesn't make a lot of sense, no matter how much kemberboyds would love that. It's just bad resource management. It also appears (of course, you won't read this from any local paper and a kemperboyd will not belive it anyway) the people who were accosted for identification started slapping the police in the face because, come on, you can't asked for identification. IT BE RACIS' This might be true, or not, who can tell. I have been thrown into the back of a police car more than once though for no reason and I don't give a poo poo. Neither should black barbarians.

Musta Barbaaris' cries of oppression are seriosly disappointing though, I agree with that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nauta posted:

that's racist #notallcops

Cops aren't a race, they are a pox.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

The lowdown is the police were looking for ghanalese prostitues, illegally in the country, and they do not have lazer senz0r to tell who is and who isn't. Stopping elderly Finnish women or small kids on the supposition they might be female ghanalese prostitutes doesn't make a lot of sense, no matter how much kemberboyds would love that. It's just bad resource management. It also appears (of course, you won't read this from any local paper and a kemperboyd will not belive it anyway) the people who were accosted for identification started slapping the police in the face because, come on, you can't asked for identification. IT BE RACIS' This might be true, or not, who can tell. I have been thrown into the back of a police car more than once though for no reason and I don't give a poo poo. Neither should black barbarians.

Musta Barbaaris' cries of oppression are seriosly disappointing though, I agree with that.

Except racial profiling is actually illegal according to law so stopping anyone on the street on the supposition that they might be female ghanalese prostitutes because of the way they look is still not okay but in fact something they are not supposed to do
http://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/a1468213720134
https://www.poliisi.fi/tietoa_poliisista/tiedotteet/1/1/sosiaalisessa_mediassa_keskustelua_herattanyt_tapahtuma_poliisin_toiminnasta_49439

And there is an actual witness statement which does not correspond with whatever puskaradio you once again get your information from
http://www.suomenmaa.fi/?app=NeoDirect&com=6%2F3%2F133482%2F9af4dd437a&utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

and there are zero laws that force you to carry around ID 24/7

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 11, 2016

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

Well, I still bet you like everyone else that chant all cops are bastards have no workable alternative to an organized policeforce that do not attract or promote the same qualities that can fund in current policeforces. And switching the name of the pox seems kinda pointless.

For us outside of the Finnish news cycle it would be fab if anyone could do a quick summary of the scandal. We want to get that warm fuzzy feeling one gets by having prejudices about someone come true.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Jerry Cotton posted:

neither are moslems, and yet you can still be racist towards them

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Zudgemud posted:

For us outside of the Finnish news cycle it would be fab if anyone could do a quick summary of the scandal. We want to get that warm fuzzy feeling one gets by having prejudices about someone come true.

Family members of artist James Nikander, who is of African descent but born in Finland, were accosted on the street by cops, demanded to show their passports, and then put in handcuffs.

Ligur posted:

I have been thrown into the back of a police car more than once though for no reason and I don't give a poo poo.

This is very strange. Why do you not give a poo poo if cops attack you for no reason?

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

doverhog posted:

Family members of artist James Nikander, who is of African descent but born in Finland, were accosted on the street by cops, demanded to show their passports, and then put in handcuffs.

Like I said the cops were looking for people of African persuasion who were illegally here (ie. ghanalese prostitutes, possibly human trafficking victims). Henceforth, it would be quite stupid to stop guys or gals who look Polish or Romanian or Finn if you are looking for Africans. But the idea that local police force, for real, hound African women just for fun is ridiculous.

quote:

This is very strange. Why do you not give a poo poo if cops attack you for no reason?

Hmmm. I don't know even where to begin? If I resemble someone who has a "search on" ("haku päällä" in Finnish, i.e. someone who the evil police are looking for) and I look like that person the least I expect is for them to check out who I am if I'm located near a disturbance. As I have never actually been the person they are looking for, I have also been let go after flashing my passport or after a few questions. The worst thing that really traumatized me was when I was thrown into the back of a van! And once I had to wait fo 10 minutes to leave! OMG, so rough. Police brutality! Help, I'm a victim! Wait, no.

They were doing a job. And it wasn't an attack you moron.

I can't imagine any other way they could check out who is who without some futuristic brain or face scanners, and I far prefer that the police at least try to find wanted criminals or other people who need to be found, as opposed to not even trying, in case they grab the wrong person for a minute.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jul 11, 2016

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Searching and detaining a person if they refuse to prove their identity (different from carrying an ID 24/7) and then start screaming and throwing a fit about nazi cops and racism is actually perfectly legal and a good thing to do. Those kinds of avohoitopotilaat should stick to ranting on the internet instead of on the streets.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I don't know what happened with this case, just provided a summary to Zudgemud.

You said you've been thrown in the back of a car multiple times for no reason. Then in the very next post you go on to list a bunch of reasons. :derp:

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

doverhog posted:

You said you've been thrown in the back of a car multiple times for no reason. Then in the very next post you go on to list a bunch of reasons. :derp:

If you are posting at me, what were the reasons?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

You look like a bad person and are hanging around disturbances.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

doverhog posted:

You look like a bad person and are hanging around disturbances.

So it was like I was a person of colour and hanging out in da hood, then?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Prostitution: Crime dangerous enough to start harassing random passerbys due to their race in plainclothes

It's not like anyone was under threat or they were hunting for a terrorist, not exactly reason to start waiving people's civil rights here unless you believe in maximum authoritarianism or something.

Darkest Auer posted:

Searching and detaining a person if they refuse to prove their identity (different from carrying an ID 24/7) and then start screaming and throwing a fit about nazi cops and racism is actually perfectly legal and a good thing to do. Those kinds of avohoitopotilaat should stick to ranting on the internet instead of on the streets.

Grabbing someone and demanding them to show their passport in plainclothes is retarded policing. I'd shove someone who did that poo poo, I wouldn't assume they were a cop.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

DarkCrawler posted:

Grabbing someone and demanding them to show their passport in plainclothes is retarded policing. I'd shove someone who did that poo poo, I wouldn't assume they were a cop.

Would you shove a plainclothes police if they came up to you and started with "Poliisista iltaa..."?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DarkCrawler posted:

Prostitution: Crime dangerous enough to start harassing random passerbys due to their race in plainclothes

It's not like anyone was under threat or they were hunting for a terrorist, not exactly reason to start waiving people's civil rights here unless you believe in maximum authoritarianism or something.

wasn't there some prostitute knife fight about territories last week?

e: last month: http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2016061721747677_uu.shtml

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 12, 2016

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Darkest Auer posted:

Would you shove a plainclothes police if they came up to you and started with "Poliisista iltaa..."?

Does "coming up to me" involve grabbing me and yelling at me in English?

quote:

STT:N tavoittama silminnäkijä Nina Lustig kertoo olleensa paikalla ja säikäh­tä­neensä sivii­li­pu­kuisen poliisin otteita.

– Naiset olivat kävelemässä kadulla, kun kaksi tosi arkisiin vaatteisiin pukeutunutta miestä käveli perässä. Toinen otti vanhemmasta naisesta kiinni ja hoki englanniksi, että näytä sun passi, Lustig kertoo.

– Mies käyttäytyi sen verran uhkaavasti, että menin pyytämään, että irrottaisi. Siinä oli muitakin, jotka pysähtyivät ja yrittivät selvittää tilannetta.

Hallmark of a good police operation against foreign criminals: bystanders have to come in between because they think you're a threatening foreign criminal grabbing random old women :thumbsup:

Hogge Wild posted:

wasn't there some prostitute knife fight about territories last week?

e: last month: http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2016061721747677_uu.shtml

says right there that perpetrators were caught and the recent situation had something to do with a disturbance in a nearby restaurant anyway, so I really don't even know where the prostitution thing is coming from :shrug:

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

The equality ombundsman's office (or whatever it's in english) already has stated that based on what they've seen, the methods used by the police to track down illegal immigrants don't even seem to work: http://yle.fi/uutiset/poliisin_tehostettu_ulkomaalaisvalvonta_joutuu_selvitykseen__etnista_profilointia_ei_saisi_tapahtua/8826698

Which sort of fits the pattern of the police being really poo poo at doing actual work, as revealed by this statistic: http://yle.fi/uutiset/tata_tilastoa_poliisi_ei_halua_nayttaa__tuntematon_rosvo_jaa_vain_harvoin_kiinni/7062625

Usually, organizations that don't have effective external review on their methods turn out to be really lovely at doing their jobs and being really good at justifying what they do.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zudgemud posted:

Well, I still bet you like everyone else that chant all cops are bastards have no workable alternative to an organized policeforce

We don't need an alternative we just need effectual independent oversight.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh I guess Kempo already said it oh well I just post I don't read.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

DarkCrawler posted:

Does "coming up to me" involve grabbing me and yelling at me in English?

Hallmark of a good police operation against foreign criminals: bystanders have to come in between because they think you're a threatening foreign criminal grabbing random old women :thumbsup:

None of that actually happened though.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
People are suspicious of plainclothes dudes just coming up, claiming to be police, refusing to show their badges and demanding to see ID / passports / wallets / etc.? Why don't they just do everything these self-proclaimed policemen demand?

http://www.hs.fi/haku/?haku=valepoliisi

Oh...

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

Darkest Auer posted:

Except that the bystander woman interviewed by the STT said it was exactly how it happened?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kemper Boyd posted:

Except that the bystander woman interviewed by the STT said it was exactly how it happened?

Obviously a Stalinist suvack whore who should be deported to back of sauna.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
COP 1: "gently caress, I've lost my badge"
COP 2: "poo poo, this is bad... What should we do"
COP 1: "I dunno, I guess we could rough up every black person we see because obviously the perp is one of them and not one of the thousand white people around"
COP 2: "Yeah ok cool let's do that"

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Darkest Auer posted:

I did though according to a witness so uh, does it involve that or not?

Also haha, dumbest party on the roll again:
http://blogit.image.fi/uuninpankkopoikasakutimonen/2016/07/12/kun-naamiot-putosivat/

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jul 12, 2016

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DarkCrawler posted:

I did though according to a witness so uh, does it involve that or not?

Also haha, dumbest party on the roll again:
http://blogit.image.fi/uuninpankkopoikasakutimonen/2016/07/12/kun-naamiot-putosivat/

aika velikultia

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

For a comedy website, you guys really don't get jokes.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

For a comedy website, you guys really don't get jokes.

I assume that posting careers of many people in this thread are long term performance art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Most Actual Criminals who are in the country illegally due to being criminals are Russian and Estonian who are notoriously black and brown.