Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Avengers-Collection-Sale/page/11302?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers 'till Secret Wars, but no Infinity miniseries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Hey Goons nerds Trekkies, a Humble Star Trek Bundle.
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/star-trek-comics-bundle

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's TrekkER, nerd.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

The $8 tier looks decent but are any of the crossover books at the 15 tier actually worth the price jump? It mostly looks like crossover stuff.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Not sure about the crossovers, but the two Year Four books were pretty decent. A lot of this stuff was in an earlier Trek Bundle, but I think there's just about enough new (mostly the JJ-verse ongoing and some of the classic reprints) to make it worth it for me.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Ghostbusters-Collections-Sale/page/11247?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

https://www.comixology.com/GI-Joe-Sale/page/11348?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Get the original Marvel run for $80.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 1, 2016

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I'm thinking of grabbing the 2011-present Larry Hama revival of the original, anyone know if it's good? I remember loving the old ones growing up but don't really have a desire to read through all 155 issues of it again.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Did DC do any specials this week? I'm hoping I missed something.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Mr Hootington posted:

Did DC do any specials this week? I'm hoping I missed something.

As in sales? Nope, DC basically took this week off. A couple annuals, no Rebirth titles at all.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I saw Wonder Woman Earth One was on sale for $15 through Kindle.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

JoshTheStampede posted:

I'm thinking of grabbing the 2011-present Larry Hama revival of the original, anyone know if it's good? I remember loving the old ones growing up but don't really have a desire to read through all 155 issues of it again.

They're very similar to the original run. Don't expect much modernization; IMO that's a good thing (I'm reading it for nostalgia value), but to each his own. The Dreadnocks still drink "grape soda", etc. Almost any of the other G.I. Joe stuff IDW has put out is more accessible and entertaining unless you have strong nostalgia for the original run. It started pretty strong, there were some great arcs in the middle, it kinda of dragged around trades ~9-11ish (my memory may be off though), but it's picked up nicely as of late.

Honestly it reads a lot better of you set aside the time to revisit the original run before you dive in. Which holds up remarkably well if you ask me.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

This Adventure Time bundle is weird:
https://www.comixology.com/Adventure-Time-Bundle/bundle/10

It's the first three issues of the main series, 3 (of 6) issues of a Fiona and Cake miniseries, and 3 (of 6) of Marceline and the Scream Queens.

Totally a bait to buy more books. I wish they did a full miniseries or 15 books for an even $20.

Marceline and the Scream Queens is a fun series. I don't really like Adventure Time, but I do like Meredith Gran and her Octopus Pie webcomic. Getting her to write a story about some 20 year olds (maybe? I don't know how old the characters are) having relationship problems while touring with a band is the perfect call.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/DC-Universe-Rebirth-101-Part-5-Sale/page/11331?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
N52 Justice League and Justice League of America (The Trinity War/ Forever Evil series)

Start JL at #30 for the Lex Luthor/Darkseid War era.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Marvel Unlimited just added a feature that automatically marks books you read and read. :eyepop:

The technology today I tell ya!

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Mr Hootington posted:

Marvel Unlimited just added a feature that automatically marks books you read and read. :eyepop:

The technology today I tell ya!

Finally! No more lying in bed at night not trusting that I had read an issue.

In a few years we may have pull lists also.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Asnorban posted:

Finally! No more lying in bed at night not trusting that I had read an issue.

In a few years we may have pull lists also.

Lol the update broke the app.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=12152&lang=1&freeComicsList12152_pg=1

Unfortunately it is not bundled at all so its a mess to find through atm.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

I've heard Saga is good, but don't know if I'd like it. Can you tell me if I should pick it up in this sale, thread?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's good but it might not be fore you. I have no idea what you like or dislike.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

It's good but it might not be fore you. I have no idea what you like or dislike.

What are the things that could potentially make someone dislike it?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

vegetables posted:

Big dragon dicks. I love saga because the last volume or two have been a bit of a drag. Like it's become aware it's good and now it's just smug crap.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Have you ever felt that Star Wars was good, but missing dragon autofellatio?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

vegetables posted:

It contains adult stuff. It is a strange weird "Saga" that doesn't shy from showing adult images while still telling an entertaining story. I don't mean just sexual it can get gruesome at points.

Fiona Staples is the artist and does all digital, so if you have thing about digital art it might not be your jam.

It's slow I guess? They do 6 issue arcs then take 3~ months off for a buffer.

they had well defined arcs for a while, but now it seems to be some plate-spinning combined with "what now?"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also they do "but that's a story for another time" a whole drat lot.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, it has kind of been in a weird holding pattern for a bit.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I LOVE Saga but it is definitely mature. A main character is a ghost of a murdered child with her guts dangling out, and another is a half woman, half spider who's breasts are exposed.

And yes, there is a dragon with a massive exposed penis in an issue.

But at its heart it's basically Romeo and Juliet in Space.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I'd say the first 4 volumes of Saga are def worth reading, assuming you are open to a comic that is really full of graphic sex and drugs and war crimes and stuff w/an explicitly anti-war message. After that, the character work stays strong but I agree with everyone else saying that the plot has lost the forward drive it had earlier on.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Have you ever felt that Star Wars was good, but missing dragon autofellatio?

No to both, but I still adore the series.

Mover posted:

After that, the character work stays strong but I agree with everyone else saying that the plot has lost the forward drive it had earlier on.

I think the problem is that they split up the characters and there are multiple storylines that don't have anything to do with each other. It's been feeling disjointed. BKV could have at least kept them better thematically in sync.

I have hope for the next arc now that the family is back together.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/DC-Universe-Rebirth-101-Part-6-Sale/page/11406?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Nightwing #30 and Grayson. Do it.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
Latest Humble Bundle is Grant Morrison. Mostly issues of 18 Days, any good?

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/grant-morrison-comics

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I started a comixology unlimited trial at the end of June and I find myself very underwhelmed with the selection. It feels, quite ironically, very limited. I burned through all the available Buffy s8 before it cuts me off a bit over halfway through. I then started on Irredeemable (which I am loving) but I see that I will soon be cut off from that too as soon as I finish volume 2.

So my question: Before I cancel my subscription to avoid paying for this, is there anything else I should be reading that's available on unlimited?

I may end up buying comics on comixology in the future anyway, but I can't see myself ever paying for this unlimited service.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Go to Image. Rick Remender's comics Low, Black Science and Deadly Class
Then almost everything else they've got, especially Southern Bastards.

Marvel Star Wars comics on sale.
https://www.comixology.com/Star-Wars-Sale/page/11502?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Xinder posted:

I started a comixology unlimited trial at the end of June and I find myself very underwhelmed with the selection. It feels, quite ironically, very limited. I burned through all the available Buffy s8 before it cuts me off a bit over halfway through. I then started on Irredeemable (which I am loving) but I see that I will soon be cut off from that too as soon as I finish volume 2.

So my question: Before I cancel my subscription to avoid paying for this, is there anything else I should be reading that's available on unlimited?

I may end up buying comics on comixology in the future anyway, but I can't see myself ever paying for this unlimited service.

IDW's Transformers stuff seemed to be pretty comprehensively on Unlimited.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Thanks, I'll take a look at those.

I really like comixology because the guided view makes reading on a phone really easy. It's nice to be able to just whip out my phone when I'm waiting in line for something and read part of a comic.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I've been digging into Marvel Unlimited for the past two months and after finishing the entire Ultimates comic line I look outwards and see all that is available too me.

I noticed this thread and just wanted to what up. Anything people want to comment on about it?

I've been reading the original Uncanny X-men trying to work up onto the Cris Claremont runs but I see that they don't have the Uncanny X-men annuals, thats a bummer

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I've been digging into Marvel Unlimited for the past two months and after finishing the entire Ultimates comic line I look outwards and see all that is available too me.

I noticed this thread and just wanted to what up. Anything people want to comment on about it?

I've been reading the original Uncanny X-men trying to work up onto the Cris Claremont runs but I see that they don't have the Uncanny X-men annuals, thats a bummer

Yeah there are significant gaps in X-Men and most of the 90s are missing entirely for almost everything. It is fantastic and I read a ton each week.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Oh, God, why?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lee/Kirby X-Men is pretty bad and the Roy Thomas era isn't a whole lot better (though it has gorgeous Neal Adams art). Claremont is really when it first gets good.

So uh good luck

MrTundra
Aug 19, 2014
So, I see that Morrison's 18 days is a Humble Bundle at the moment. Worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jason Aaron's first two Thor series.

https://www.comixology.com/Thor-Sale/page/11499?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw