Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
To beat the Gogeta, you must BE the Gogeta.

I haven't attempted him or Janemba because gently caress that, not grinding medals I don't need, but Cell is piss-easy now, so I'm sure one day Gogeta will be too. I hate that I blew my carefully farmed SSJ3 medals on another AGL rather than the future STR they were meant for, but hopefully that event will come around again soon. I didn't have enough time to mess with Buu when he was just around, but I need him too now that I got the AGL one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dub Step Dad
Dec 29, 2008

ChronoReverse posted:

I just gave Gogeta a try finally and monkey-stomped him pretty hard.

Keys to the stage is a super-sealer, a stunner and an SA10 Gogeta friend. I only used one sensu and one ghost.

One Gogeta friend makes things so easy, I can't imagine the curb-stomping you'd get with two SA10 Gogetas (I'm looking at the spare Elder Kais in my box and sighing).

Oh poo poo, really? I tried running a stun team against him and the best I've ever done is get him down to 2 bars. Does anyone who has a SA10 Gogeta want to be my friend? :haw:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

To beat the Gogeta, you must BE the Gogeta.

I haven't attempted him or Janemba because gently caress that, not grinding medals I don't need, but Cell is piss-easy now, so I'm sure one day Gogeta will be too. I hate that I blew my carefully farmed SSJ3 medals on another AGL rather than the future STR they were meant for, but hopefully that event will come around again soon. I didn't have enough time to mess with Buu when he was just around, but I need him too now that I got the AGL one.

I just wait until I have at least an SA2 of the base card to Dokkan dupes. I'm not grinding up 10 medals and blowing a kai medal for +1 SA.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I tried Nuking Gogeta with double AGL Golden Freeza leaders and AGL Spirit Bomb Goku. Only took out a bar of health, but that was with only half the field blue and Goku at SA2.

I've been leveling up Goku's SA by grinding the free TEQ ones, but carrying more ki color changing items means I can't take Senzus/Ghost Ushers.

Honestly the biggest hurdle seems to be getting past TEQ Vegeta in the first stage.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I tried Nuking Gogeta with double AGL Golden Freeza leaders and AGL Spirit Bomb Goku. Only took out a bar of health, but that was with only half the field blue and Goku at SA2.

I've been leveling up Goku's SA by grinding the free TEQ ones, but carrying more ki color changing items means I can't take Senzus/Ghost Ushers.

Honestly the biggest hurdle seems to be getting past TEQ Vegeta in the first stage.

How much damage?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The trick is to nuke TEQ Angel Vegeta. Afterwards, it's just blocking AGL Angel Goku with Golden Frieza, making sure that your nuker comes up the first turn Gogeta shows up.

Oh and yes, full field four items nuking. You can't half-rear end nuking.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jul 11, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think you really a full-field for Gogeta, especially with a low-SA AGL Goku. I nuked Vegeta/Gogeta and just blew up Goku with the rest of my jacked up AGL team. SA10 Gotenks and SSG Goku send basically anyone home in a box.

I also took along AGL Whis in case I got banged up waiting for my nuke, but I ended up not needing him.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 11, 2016

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Aurora posted:

How much damage?

I don't remember the number, but it was almost exactly one full bar of health.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
After that new influx of cards it's time to post our current teams:

I don't really have a great INT to throw in there; but TUR INT Perfect Cell at least has Kamehameha with half the team.
https://dbz.space/box/irsmart

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

I just wait until I have at least an SA2 of the base card to Dokkan dupes. I'm not grinding up 10 medals and blowing a kai medal for +1 SA.

With the sale, I've got like 8 of both Kai at this point. I buy them whenever I see them. I get your point though, I already had him at SA2 and needed something to do this weekend.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Wait, I was backwards, it's Goku who's TEQ and Vegeta who's AGL.

Echophonic posted:

I think you really a full-field for Gogeta, especially with a low-SA AGL Goku. I nuked Vegeta/Gogeta and just blew up Goku with the rest of my jacked up AGL team. SA10 Gotenks and SSG Goku send basically anyone home in a box.

ChronoReverse posted:

The trick is to nuke TEQ Angel Vegeta. Afterwards, it's just blocking AGL Angel Goku with Golden Frieza, making sure that your nuker comes up the first turn Gogeta shows up.

Okay, thanks. I've been able to Nuke Goku but I didn't really have a strategy versus Vegeta, who whittled my health low enough that I needed to carry a Senzu. I also wanted a Ghost Usher in case TEQ Goku attacked before I could get off an attack.

Despite TEQ Goku having only a 1% SA up chance I've been able to get an extra couple levels

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Remember to block with AGL Golden Frieza whenever you can. Even blocking TEQ Angel Goku works out well because 80% damage reduction is amazing.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I nuked the TEQ one, which I guess is Goku, upon reflection. I just ran it once because, gently caress that noise. I'll do it if I get Gogeta. It's STR SSJ3 Goku all over again.

Back to farming King Cold and Pikkon.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

Back to farming King Cold and Pikkon.

Ugh I need to do that poo poo too.. My King Cold has been at 6 SA for ages. I never loving use him. But if he'll be important some day.. :(

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I just wish I could nuke anyone and beat their stage :(

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Finally grabbed that stupid skinny failed Gotenks.

Now to finish farming SAs and get those 10 Janemba medals. So close.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I've been thinking of chucking out all my -ATK passive and leader skill SR's. I started collecting them when they were bugged for -50% instead of -25% but they were still useful after the fix for a while.

The game's meta has been changing such that they're worthless at this point (Great Saiyaman and TEQ Pikkon's -ATK on super is still VERY useful though). Any thoughts?

Aurora posted:

I just wish I could nuke anyone and beat their stage :(
I'll trade you my alternate account that has all three nuker leaders and acceptable nukers for your Gogeta account :p You'll be able to use my SA4 TEQ Perfect Cell to nuke Gogeta but not actually have a Gogeta to use the medals on.

Seriously though, it does make the dokkan events a breeze. AGL Golden Frieza is particular good because of the extreme blocking ability.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 11, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I've been thinking about clearing out a lot of characters but I'm so afraid to. A bunch of the original Androids seem pretty useless at this point. I haven't touched them in ages. The PHY Perfect Cell is missing all the links that make the other Cells good - like he was totally left out in the cold. Plus there are some Frieza forms that I don't know why I've held on to for so long, like the AGL original form Frieza from the Bardock event, and that old Strike Chilled.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I mean, I'm up to 380 slots in my box, so I just hold onto stuff just for collection and gimmick purposes. I still want to run an Android team that doesn't suck one of these days and now I'm missing SSR Future 18. It's so lovely how the SR ones don't have Twin Terrors. Then again, all the SSR ones would step on each other's toes because they change orb types.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My Gogeta account has 30 friends, and they are all Gogeta. It's beautiful.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

I mean, I'm up to 380 slots in my box, so I just hold onto stuff just for collection and gimmick purposes. I still want to run an Android team that doesn't suck one of these days and now I'm missing SSR Future 18. It's so lovely how the SR ones don't have Twin Terrors. Then again, all the SSR ones would step on each other's toes because they change orb types.

Yeah everything has such a Super Saiyan slant. It would be nice if baddies worked together the same way Saiyans do, like multiple links for all Androids and Frieza family and minions.. There could be so many cool gimmicky teams but it always comes down to Saiyans being better than everyone else so that's what you go with. Just like in the show.. :sigh:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
If Big Bad Bosses didn't have the stupid HP requirement then it'd be pretty nice. But can't have anything overshadowing the super saiyans.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

Yeah everything has such a Super Saiyan slant. It would be nice if baddies worked together the same way Saiyans do, like multiple links for all Androids and Frieza family and minions.. There could be so many cool gimmicky teams but it always comes down to Saiyans being better than everyone else so that's what you go with. Just like in the show.. :sigh:

Well, they did just add Nightmare and Fear and Faith. It's how the SSR Androids cross-link.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Does anyone know what "The Innocents" is supposed to signify? That one has always confused me.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, the Androids muddy the waters on that one. It's generally sort of on pure-hearted (ar at least not actively malicious) characters, but the Androids are just total assholes in both timelines.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How good are AGL Ultimate Gohan and PHY SSJ2 Gohan (Teen)?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

My quick 2 cents - PHY SSJ2 is solid for all the normal SSJ reasons. AGL Gohan is wonky for me. I have him, and he's good, but seems more "mono-AGL" good.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Solid but not top-classed.

AGL Ultimate Gohan is the weakest Ultimate Gohan, lacking a good leader skill as well as some links (of which the Ultimate Gohans already are lacking in). His passive requirement is better than the HP requirement of the PHY one though.

PHY SSJ2 Gohan (Teen) is now not as as good as Ultimate PHY Gohan because of Gogeta. Still solid support character though.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Honestly, both PHY Gohans are really good, Gogeta or no. They also pair pretty well, which is nice for a PHY team. I tend to lean Ultimate Gohan because his SA is a lot higher and he's a really solid hitter for my team. He also gets a really nice bump when his Dokkan event comes around.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah this weekend I got PHY Ultimate Gohan, AGL Ultimate Gohan, and PHY SS2 Gohan so I was wondering how the latter two stacked up.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Saiyan overload probably isn't helped by each SSJ form counting as its own character. You could make an entire Goku squad if need be.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

The Bee posted:

Saiyan overload probably isn't helped by each SSJ form counting as its own character. You could make an entire Goku squad if need be.

You can do an entire AGL Goku Squad, that is how many Gokus there are. Actually could add the AGL SSJ Goku, too, instead of the Kid Goku.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 11, 2016

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I have Max Lvl Gogeta with Lvl 7 super and I just cleared a lot of "friends", so send in your friend requests.

Gogeta pretty much breaks the game, why the heck do I use any of the other plus +KI or +% atk as leader? Gogeta gives the most+KI and atk to everybody, body slams anybody with his supers, and ignores guard.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

isme posted:

Gogeta pretty much breaks the game, why the heck do I use any of the other plus +KI or +% atk as leader? Gogeta gives the most+KI and atk to everybody, body slams anybody with his supers, and ignores guard.

That's why he's the sole inhabitant of the Z-rank in the global tier list.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Does anyone know what "The Innocents" is supposed to signify? That one has always confused me.

Since the other members are Goten, Trunks and fat Buu it probably meant "playful" or something like that, in that they treat their fights as games.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Everyone talking about Gogeta and I'm just mad I didn't get a Gogeta roll because he is so good. Sigh. I really hope I can get to 50 Dragon Stones fast to retry that...but I doubt it. And these games never have an easier way other than paying...

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah I've given up on getting him at least this time around. It's disappointing but eh, I got a Broly on pure luck when he got released so I suppose it balances out.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't think my luck's been too great, but I honestly just started yesterday so I don't quite get how to play the game beyond grabbing any Gogeta friend I can get. Right now I have these cards https://dbz.space/box/BlazeDragon but I've only thrown in my deck the ones that seem strong, if anyone has a strategy I'm all ears because while this is working I'm pretty sure I'll hit a wall sooner or later (a wall other than the stamina that recovers far slower now that I'm rank 20 anyways).

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
You've set your box to private.

As a new player, your first priority is to level up as fast as you can so that you have more stamina to do stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

What the hell, I set it to public yesterday. I don't think this thing works all that well, but anyways, it's set to public now...I hope. https://dbz.space/box/BlazeDragon also I have two of GT Gohan, not too sure why I haven't fused one yet.