Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh that's cool thanks, I'll save that for a potential future where I have £25 spare :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
PS1 games allow you to bind almost anything to anything on a Vita.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh that's cool thanks, I'll save that for a potential future where I have £25 spare :v:

Please do not buy a vita if you need 25 pounds

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I.... already have one? Since about three years ago at least

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Do we know how many weeks the summer sale is going to be? It's been disappointing for me so far.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Rad Valtar posted:

Do we know how many weeks the summer sale is going to be? It's been disappointing for me so far.

Just two so this was the last week.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

So is PSone Classic support just never coming to PS4? Is that confirmed?

I sold my PS3, but there are some PS1 games I have that I'd prefer to not have to play on my Vita

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ludwig van Halen posted:

So is PSone Classic support just never coming to PS4? Is that confirmed?

I sold my PS3, but there are some PS1 games I have that I'd prefer to not have to play on my Vita

Think it rumored right now. Uncharted 4 shows they can run PS1 games on the PS4 just fine, but still not put anything out.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Can the optical drive on a PS4 read a PS1 game? Why have they not patched that in yet?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Rirse posted:

Think it rumored right now. Uncharted 4 shows they can run PS1 games on the PS4 just fine, but still not put anything out.

I haven't played uncharted 4, but is that emulating the actual rom, or is it a port of some small section of the game?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

wa27 posted:

Can the optical drive on a PS4 read a PS1 game? Why have they not patched that in yet?

From what I've heard, the drive itself isn't capable of reading standard CD's. If that's true then it won't run physical PS1 games, although could still run digital ones in theory.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

univbee posted:

From what I've heard, the drive itself isn't capable of reading standard CD's. If that's true then it won't run physical PS1 games, although could still run digital ones in theory.

I mean the Vita and PSP couldn't either, I don't think physical PS1 games are even a consideration at this point.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Vita also had to wait like... a year I wanna say to get its PS1 emulation and it's still not 100% supported. drat whitelist.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Ludwig van Halen posted:

I haven't played uncharted 4, but is that emulating the actual rom, or is it a port of some small section of the game?

I think they just remade it within the game engine which probably isn't all that hard.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ludwig van Halen posted:

It just a part of a small section of Crash 1, but it fully playable since you have to play that part to advance the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AJrX7p_ZuU

*skip to 9:50*

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

"easter egg" that is a required part of the game and within the first 6 hours. what a well-hidden treat to seek out

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Super No Vacancy posted:

"easter egg" that is a required part of the game and within the first 6 hours. what a well-hidden treat to seek out

I don't know why they call it a easter egg either.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Ludwig van Halen posted:

I think it's a port/recreation, it adds a timer and scoring system that I'm sure weren't in the original PS1 release.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ps1 support will come when they figure out how to make money on it. see ps2 support

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I do like they didn't make it analog supported even though Elana is using a Duelshock controller

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I do like they didn't make it analog supported even though Elana is using a Duelshock controller

I mean, that's how it worked though even if you were playing on a Dualshock.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

univbee posted:

Did they patch this when Vibribbon was rereleased or was that PS3.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Did they patch this when Vibribbon was rereleased or was that PS3.

must have been ps3 cause vibribbon is psp/vita/ps3 only and can only play your own music on ps3

iirc they said they could add the functionality in an update but don't have plans. but i might be mistaken

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That makes sense. I remember seeing that and got really excited and bought Vib Ribbon before remembering I haven't owned a physical CD since 2005

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Rirse posted:

It just a part of a small section of Crash 1, but it fully playable since you have to play that part to advance the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AJrX7p_ZuU

*skip to 9:50*

that is not the first level of crash :colbert:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Awesome! posted:

that is not the first level of crash :colbert:

I'm sure somewhere in like Malaysia is a 67-in-1 Famicom pirate cart that runs Crash Bandicoot this way.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
8 free Smite avatars for NA:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/smite/cid=UP0334-CUSA02328_00-SMITEXXXXXXXXXXX%3AAVATARS

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Any indication of how Kerbal is controlled on consoles? There's a video that's supposed to be Xbox but it just looks like a mouse-cursor.

HONKER24
Dec 15, 2000

cubicle_whore
Hair Elf
Does The Talos Principle have any moments that require fast twitch/accurate shooting or are it's mechanics more thoughtful in execution?

I also hope it doesn't drag on forever like Uncharted 4 did.

I'm getting old...

Sir Gladu
Nov 26, 2008

HONKER24 posted:

Does The Talos Principle have any moments that require fast twitch/accurate shooting or are it's mechanics more thoughtful in execution?

I'm getting old...

It's a puzzle game, so I don't think you really have to be worried about that. Can't comment about the length though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HONKER24 posted:

I'm getting old...

it has some moments where you need to form a plan and execute quickly but nothing crazy. the ending sequence requires some very fast thinking/action on a timer but they give you plenty of time once you know what you have to do.

it does drag though. you start off thinking that you don't need to solve every puzzle and then you realize that you basically do have to.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Saoshyant posted:

The Warriors is the newest stealth PS2 release for the PS4. It's up in the EU store.

They still haven't fixed the crashes in Wild Arms 3, and probably won't.

I love the Warriors. I'm trying to unlock some things for Rumble Mode - the cheats for PS2 aren't working for me to get 100% story completion (I beat the original version but I want to get poo poo unlocked ASAP) - is there a save game I can download for 100% or can someone find working cheat codes for it? - I am using the ones from here http://www.cheatcc.com/psx2/warriorscheatscodes.html and they don't seem to be working as intended. Some do like the $200 one but I really want story completion.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Real hurthling! posted:

it has some moments where you need to form a plan and execute quickly but nothing crazy. the ending sequence requires some very fast thinking/action on a timer but they give you plenty of time once you know what you have to do.

it does drag though. you start off thinking that you don't need to solve every puzzle and then you realize that you basically do have to.
I was a big fan of the puzzles until they introduced the clone mechanic, where you can duplicate yourself and have to think about proper timing for puzzles. With that machine, you can understand the procedure to solve a puzzle but if you screw up a run you have to start the whole thing again. That aspect of the game just extended the time you have to take solving each puzzle and dragged it down a bit for me. I liked in the beginning where I logically spotted the solution really fast and just went Bing Bang Boom dropping lasers and boxes and whatever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yah the clone stuff was annoying and introduces a lot of fudge factors into a game that was pretty tight up to that point

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the AI broke for me multiple times in the finale which was extremely annoying. But there's still 90% of the game which was fun thoughtful 3D puzzling that I enjoyed. I would definitely play another one if a sequel appeared.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

In the DLC they figured it out and there are only 2-3 puzzles that feature the clone device.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

A US Gundam Release? For Vita? *rubs eyes, looks at calendar*

Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Force
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/mobile-suit-gundam-extreme-vs-force-bundle/cid=UP0700-PCSE00915_00-VSTABUNDLE000000

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, I've heard it's not great though and you'd he better off waiting for a US release of Breaker 3 or buying the Asian English version.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

I don't know how Talos works on consoles but on PC you can bind a fast forward key that makes the clone puzzles way less annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Harlock posted:

A US Gundam Release? For Vita? *rubs eyes, looks at calendar*

Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Force
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/mobile-suit-gundam-extreme-vs-force-bundle/cid=UP0700-PCSE00915_00-VSTABUNDLE000000

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, I've heard it's not great though and you'd he better off waiting for a US release of Breaker 3 or buying the Asian English version.

How are the English subs for Breaker 3? How's the gameplay. I know someone in the thread said something about it. Really close to going ahead and importing but some impressions would be nice. :) I skipped on Extreme VS because I read they cut out stuff that was even in the PSP version.

• Locked thread