Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Next Update's Ingredients:
A little vino, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

SubponticatePoster posted:

A little vino, eh?

Hey, that is what I always drink, when I manage to catch the updates at a time that isn't early morning and I actually have something at home! Hopefully I won't be out by the time the update is posted, planning to have my rosé tonight.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Whine and cheese party

The Drink
Just a glass of wine. Personally went with a nice Beaujolais Villages

The Drinking Game
Drink every time someone is whinging about something. You'll get drunker than you think!

The Episode
Post Horizon debriefing. We unlock 3 new people to recruit and the loyalty missions start rolling in. Kelly is kind enough to let you know who's ready to go. These are based on how long the person has been with you - people recruited later will unlock later. And we finally get to see what Hackett looks like. It's the same VA as ME1, Lance Henriksen. Bishop to Aliens fans. You'll have access to the Arrival DLC as soon as you complete Horizon. It's unusual in that Shepard goes it alone, you're not allowed to bring any party members with you. Considering it was the last piece of ME2 DLC they may have done it this way because it's possible you won't have any crewmembers left to tag along :v: We're going to put it off until post game since it makes a bit more thematic sense that way anyway.

Miranda wants us to help with a family matter, which as was mentioned is a bit of a running theme with the squad loyalties. She has an identical twin who's not identical at all, goddamnit :argh: and needs to get her moved to a different location before her dad catches on. Her loyalty and two of our new squaddies are found on Illium, which is a new hub world. There's also someone rather important to us there that we'll be bumping into.

The lizard overwhelmingly got voted on so that's the next person we'll be picking up.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
The email you get from Miranda's sister after the former's loyalty mission is fantastic.

Edit: I also wonder how long it takes Miranda to vacuum-seal herself in to that outfit every day.

grack fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 11, 2016

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

grack posted:

I also wonder how long it takes Miranda to vacuum-seal herself in to that outfit every day.
Probably only a few minutes if that big metal doodad on the back is an integrated vacuum port.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

Edit: I also wonder how long it takes Miranda to vacuum-seal herself in to that outfit every day.

It's very possibly an alien symbiote costume (like Spider-Man/Venom/Carnage) that conforms to her body and gives her rear end a craving for human brains.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Anime Reference posted:

Probably only a few minutes if that big metal doodad on the back is an integrated vacuum port.

Oddly enough Jerry has one as well. Maybe it's standard for Cerberus officer's uniforms.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

grack posted:

Oddly enough Jerry has one as well. Maybe it's standard for Cerberus officer's uniforms.
Maybe it's like a heart plug equivalent.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Poil posted:

Maybe it's like a heart plug equivalent.

:allears:

Now all we need is a villain to get killed by a creepy child.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
IIRC those things are magnetic attachment points for weapons/backpacks/chairs.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

my dad posted:

:allears:

Now all we need is a villain to get killed by a creepy child.
Let the storm have what it can take!

I did some more recording last night and we have a shitload of options. Should our next move be:

Recruit a blue ronin
Recruit an old friend
Miranda's loyalty
Jason's loyalty
Jack's loyalty
Kasumi's loyalty
Zaeed's loyalty
Go loving off somewhere on side content

edited to reflect more choices because I'm :downs:

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 11, 2016

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Old friends - best friends, still. :colbert:

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

do the blue :liara:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Old Friend. I feel we need to establish our pre-existing friends before we go out and make new friends.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Jeb's loyalty to get that out of the way asap

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Alexeythegreat posted:

Jeb's loyalty to get that out of the way asap

Yes, another for Johnson's loyalty mission.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I don't know. Tim said some pretty rude things about relationships and stuff, and we're kinda going through some rough poo poo, and tbh, we need a friend right now. It wouldn't be weird if dropped by our ex's place, would it?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Octatonic posted:

I don't know. Tim said some pretty rude things about relationships and stuff, and we're kinda going through some rough poo poo, and tbh, we need a friend right now. It wouldn't be weird if dropped by our ex's place, would it?
Just FYI that was part and parcel of recruiting the lizard. And what do you mean, ex? :colbert:

e: unless you mean the apartment, in which case we'll be doing that a bit later.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Just FYI that was part and parcel of recruiting the lizard. And what do you mean, ex? :colbert:

e: unless you mean the apartment, in which case we'll be doing that a bit later.

I meant the apartment, yeah. I suppose it's a little early. But like, IMO if you die, you are a free agent. Aside from that, we haven't called for like, two years. I didn't get any DLC other than Zaeed, the crash site, and whatever else came with buying the game, and I am biased towards seeing all of it as soon as possible

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 11, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Ah, gotcha. We won't put it off for very long, as it's the 2nd best DLC in the franchise (held 1st place until CItadel).

Oh, and I guess I forgot, we also have Zaeed's and Kasumi's loyalty - you don't get info from Kelly like you do with the others, they're just automatically available after Horizon. I prefer to put Zaeed's off as you need some good Paragon score to get the best result.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Asari live for a very long time so maybe two years isn't as big of a deal for them.

Once you go blue, nothing else will do? :v:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I am also woefully uneducated on the DLC... I didn't even have Zaeed or Kasumi!

So anything to show off the DLC goodness quickly is my chief interest. Which means I'm technically voting for one of their Loyalty Missions (Probably Kasumi's since you mentioned the paragon score for Zaeed.)

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
I'm rather ashamed. I played Mass Effect 2 about a year ago immediately after trying (and nearly succeeding) to 100% Mass Effect 1. Yeah, not a good idea. Got burnt out right before starting Kasumi's loyalty mission, and after that I planned to do the really good one (to which thee refer), and now that save is off on an old, dying hard drive somewhere. Guess I'll just have to live vicariously through you for now.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

EponymousMrYar posted:

I am also woefully uneducated on the DLC... I didn't even have Zaeed or Kasumi!

So anything to show off the DLC goodness quickly is my chief interest. Which means I'm technically voting for one of their Loyalty Missions (Probably Kasumi's since you mentioned the paragon score for Zaeed.)
Kasumi's is pretty good and also you get a great SMG out of the deal, so it's a fine vote IMO.

FeralWraith posted:

I'm rather ashamed. I played Mass Effect 2 about a year ago immediately after trying (and nearly succeeding) to 100% Mass Effect 1. Yeah, not a good idea. Got burnt out right before starting Kasumi's loyalty mission, and after that I planned to do the really good one (to which thee refer), and now that save is off on an old, dying hard drive somewhere. Guess I'll just have to live vicariously through you for now.
Hah, I jumped into this the same night I recorded the final episode for the ME1 thread because playing this after dealing with ME1's lovely combat is a breath of fresh air.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Kasumi's is pretty good and also you get a great SMG out of the deal, so it's a fine vote IMO.

That gun is like an assault rifle for smg users, it's wonderful.

Also, if you don't want to rush into our :australia: friends personal mission, we might as well Meet an old friend

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Bourbon
Bitters
Club Soda
Coffee (cold)
Sugar to taste

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Everything old is new again

The Drink
New Old Fashioned
1 oz whiskey
Bitters
1 part Coffee (cold)
Sugar to taste
2 parts Club soda

Mix all the ingredients except the soda in an old-fashioned glass (I used my grandmother's china teacup), then top up. If you're feeling fancy garnish with an orange slice and a maraschino cherry.

Simple version: whiskey and coffee

The drinking game
Drink whenever we run into someone we've met before.

Sorry about the delay, 2 passes on rendering at 9 hours per and poo poo was still hosed up (see if you can spot it but it wasn't enough for me to do it a 3rd time :effort: ).

We head to a new planet called Illium, which is an Asari-controlled world where pretty much everything is legal. This isn't as exciting as it sounds. However, it seems like everyone we didn't kill in the first game with the exception of Helena and Fist is here. Callbacks aplenty.

Conrad's thing is bugged, he acts the same whether you nicely talked him out of trying to be a Spectre or took our option due to an improperly flagged state. We also get to meet one of my favorite NPC's, a rather unusual Matriarch. Along the way we hack some poo poo for our girlfriend which for some stupid reason gets you Renegade points. Speaking of which, Liara done grew up while we were away, and also sort of got a sense of humor. Before Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC got released there were a lot of complaints about how she was more or less a piece of furniture here, rather understandably. Don't worry, LotSB fixes all that and then some.

Voting decided we'll see an old friend next, who do we want to tag along?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

What in the HELL is going on with Parasini's eyes in that clip. Holy christ, it looks like she's part chameleon.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Poor whatshisname, he just wanted to help.

I like the bartriarch.

I wonder how many indentured servants on Illium have a bad case of EndUserLicenseAgreementTLDRitis.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I love how the bartender has krogan-ish scales.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

What in the HELL is going on with Parasini's eyes in that clip. Holy christ, it looks like she's part chameleon.
Well, she is really good at blending in...

Smoke_Max
Sep 7, 2011

Woah hell, jesus. I didn't know Asari could turn their heads like that (@ ~12:41).

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The Bartriarch is one of the best characters in the game. The perfect side character, bombastic enough to leave a memorable impression but simple enough to be what she is: daughter of a krogan, giving sage advice in a bar.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
We should take Garrus because old friend reunion hour, and Jason because he's an even worse shot than Kaidan.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Next update's ingredients:
Mescal (or tequila)
Cucumber
Cilantro
Fresh jalapeño
Lime juice
Agave nectar

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Just need to vent

The Drink
It's not easy being green
1 oz Mescal or Tequila
1 medium cucumber, whole
1/4 jalapeno, seeded
1 tbsp lime juice
Agave nectar

In a food processor or blender, add vegetable ingredients. Blend until completely liquified, strain. In a rocks glass with ice, add mescal/tequila, lime juice, vegetable juice and agave nectar to taste (I forgot that in the video, whoops). Tequila may be easier to find than mescal for you, especially if you don't live in the US. Also, if you have that gene that makes cilantro taste like soap substitute fresh Italian parsley.

Simplified version: make a drat margarita

The Drinking Game
Drink every time someone says "Nassana" or "Dantius." If they say the whole name you only have to drink once, unless you want to turn the same shade as our drink.

The Episode
We head on over to the cargo station and speak with the lady Liara told us about. She used to work for Nassana but got canned and now bears a bit of a grudge. We're looking for an assassin named Thane Krios. Seryna hooked him up and does the same for us, and even gives us a ride. At the towers there are robits and mercs going batshit on the poor workers because killing them is apparently legal and cheaper than broadcasting "it's time to go home" over the loudspeaker. We find many hiding in closets, crammed in there by our assassin, which seems a bit odd. This mission is also responsible for many Thane deaths in the endgame, as apparently his vent prowess only extends to cutscenes. After killing off the rest of Nassana's workers (the ones with the guns) we have a nice chat with her and are just about to maybe make some money when Thane kills her. He's a new species, known as a Drell. They're lizards who work for jellyfish. He's philosophical for a killer, but at least his rates are reasonable.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I like Thane :keke:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

CAN YOU FLY, YOU SUCKER?!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Also a lot of your companions suffer from cut scene overpowerment in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

grack posted:

Also a lot of your companions suffer from cut scene overpowerment in this game.

To be fair, they are supposed to be the best the galaxy has to offer, second only to Shepard.

• Locked thread