Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Young Freud posted:

I never heard of "fourth world" until today but you're right, it feels like there should be something for migrant or stateless populations, especially today.

I never knew there was a "second world" (which was used to describe Communist countries at the time) or what it meant even though I heard "first world" and "third world" constantly. And, of course, "third world" is pretty much a poisoned word, since it usually prefaces "shithole" or "hellhole" or some sort of descriptor for poor economic conditions instead of just being a country unaligned with the West or a former colony.

Maybe Putin will make Russia Great Again and we can bring back Second World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Young Freud posted:

It's definitely outdated but almost never used correctly to begin with, especially with the "third world".

I prefer the term "Global North" and "Global South". If people want to say "The Western World" just go ahead and say it there is no need to bring up the "first world."

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Mr Havafap posted:

Remember in 1980 when the Royal Navy came to the rescue of the British citizens of the Falkland Islands?
I mean for one thing this was in 1982 so no.

Overall I'd rate BREXIT as a great success so far, our politics is getting a bit of a shakeup which it sorely needed and it's made a lot of retards like the guy who posted the above quote pants shittingly mad.

Do feel sorry for the foreign workers who are probably going to leave not because of any restrictions (there will be none, of course) but because their remittances will be worth less. Sorry guys.

Aug 4, 2010

cant wait for inflation to hit then my savings really will be worthless trash, gonna buy bitcoins while i still can.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

www posted:

cant wait for inflation to hit then my savings really will be worthless trash, gonna buy bitcoins while i still can.

No grandma, don't do it!

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

www posted:

Dell and some other foreign companies already bumped up prices in the UK since their margins were slim to begin with.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
hope a bunch of Scots went "ah fook"

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

vyst posted:

Has Britain exited yet

Our politicians are busy backstabbing each other, panicking and hiding. We're getting around to it!

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

A Magical Lamp posted:

Our politicians are busy backstabbing each other, panicking and hiding. We're getting around to it!

I just want to say that this makes your country look really bad. You can't just promise to do something and then not do it because it's scary.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

kikkelivelho posted:

I just want to say that this makes your country look really bad. You can't just promise to do something and then not do it because it's scary.

yeah, I mean America does it but gently caress you we're America, we'll blow up the world if we want b*tch

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I am invoking Article 69.

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

jBrereton posted:

Overall I'd rate BREXIT as a great success so far, our politics is getting a bit of a shakeup which it sorely needed

It's all right guys, Mr Brereton here has analyzed the situation and there's nothing much to worry about!

And I'm not angry either; I used to be, because you Britons can be right condescending pricks and you know it's true, but now there's going to be less of that so I'm happy.
Besides, Boris Johnson hiding for three days because he couldn't face the press made me belly laugh, a first for me when it comes to politics.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Mr Havafap posted:

And I'm not angry either; I used to be, because you Britons can be right condescending pricks and you know it's true, but now there's going to be less of that so I'm happy.

how is there going to be "less of that"? brexit doesnt mean Britons cant talk down to you anymore.

Placid Marmot
Apr 28, 2013
Youth vote was actually closer to 64% than the presumed 36%, so we can stop blaming young people for "mostly didn't bother voting" now:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-brexit-turnout-young-voters-youth-vote-double-a7129181.html

quote:

At a rate not seen for two decades, 64 per cent of the age bracket opted to vote on June 23, based on in-depth polling conducted by Opinium and analysed by professor of political science and European politics Michael Bruter and Dr Sarah Harrison of the LSE.

Widely reported initial statistics released by Sky Data, which was based on analysis of last year’s general election, suggested the turnout among young people was 36 per cent. The research looked at the proportion within each generation who said they always vote.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
people are dumb at all ages? impossible, must be the stagnating olds

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyyOyoeqKfM

Placid Marmot posted:

Youth vote was actually closer to 64% than the presumed 36%, so we can stop blaming young people for "mostly didn't bother voting" now:

someone tell dimbleby, he was being a right oval office about it the other night.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Mr Havafap posted:

OK gimme some good reasons then, wanna stoke my UK hatred real hard.

They abandoned the task of ruling the world and turned the job over to some cultureless mongrels who have spectacularly failed

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
I blame all of this on the UK tranny epidemic

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jul/10/transgender-clinic-waiting-times-patient-numbers-soar-gender-identity-services

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Looking forward to correlating the rise in transsexualism with Brexit / Tory rule.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

kikkelivelho posted:

:agreed:, but British politicians have become so used to stirring up minor drama for domestic consumption and internal power plays that they didn't realise a Brexit referendum was a serious matter that could get out of hand and become a full-on international crisis. Thus, the Brexit referendum didn't get taken seriously, got out of hand and became a full-on international crisis.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Lol at the idea of wanting autonomy but also flirting with closer economic ties with the US. If anything is done government to government, let me explain how the united states work because you've clearly been asleep for a while: We like to think we own anything we invest in. A powerful trade agreement/market unification with the US just ensures that canada and UK annexation are imminent, and that's basically half of oceania by landmass. Becoming maybe three states tops getting two senators and proportional representation in the house, or even putting your rear end on the road to that, is a significantly worse deal than you would have just staying in the EU.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I think the people at Opinium was smoking some opium.

And maybe at least one of the voters.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
So Cameron literally hummed a little tune as he thinks about escaping to the Bahamas or whatever in 2 days.

That's so "gently caress you guys I'm out ."

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

hemophilia posted:

Lol at the idea of wanting autonomy but also flirting with closer economic ties with the US. If anything is done government to government, let me explain how the united states work because you've clearly been asleep for a while: We like to think we own anything we invest in. A powerful trade agreement/market unification with the US just ensures that canada and UK annexation are imminent, and that's basically half of oceania by landmass. Becoming maybe three states tops getting two senators and proportional representation in the house, or even putting your rear end on the road to that, is a significantly worse deal than you would have just staying in the EU.

:lol: if you think we Americans want more welfare Queens.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Do Brits still call Quarter Pounder Quarter Pounder over there?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you've never had a cherry orange julius

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

whatever7 posted:

Do Brits still call Quarter Pounder Quarter Pounder over there?

actually the correct, british spelling is 'Quatre Pounder'

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Big news, Brexit thread: Tory Home Secretary Teresa May to become new PM. Cameron to resign formally this Wednesday.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i've heard of May Day, but this is much more literal and boring.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The USA already owns Canada pretty much. They are the definition of a client state. Don't believe me? look up our treaties. NAFTA has shafted them so loving hard lmao and that's just that one trade agreement.

Yeah you still shuffle your government around and yeah you 'own' your land but Canada is very firmly under the economic dominion of the USA. At some point very soon they'll have to export water/oil to us that they really don't want to because of that, among other crap they've already had to take. Does the UK really want that?

Cuz for real we'll take all your oil for cheap and give you almost nothing in return. Basically what you guys do to the Scots now but nation wide. Then we'll sue your government anytime it tries to pass a law that would 'negatively impact' a US company, and we'll win, too.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 11, 2016

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
good

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The masons that formented the rebellion that created our nation and are currently in charge of our country are also playing a long game with the goal of taking over the UK in a long standing rivalry with the euro masons. Congrats on being the pawns of a bunch of rich white aristocrats all around i guess.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Masons 1 Plumbers 0 I guess.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I mean, when the US Gov bailed out the banks, they acted like they owned them, and as a result passed a bunch of laws that make it so banks can do whatever and make hella money, so I don't see the downside here?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

hemophilia posted:

The masons that formented the rebellion that created our nation and are currently in charge of our country are also playing a long game with the goal of taking over the UK in a long standing rivalry with the euro masons. Congrats on being the pawns of a bunch of rich white aristocrats all around i guess.

#princehallmasonlivesmatter

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

jBrereton posted:

I mean for one thing this was in 1982 so no.

Overall I'd rate BREXIT as a great success so far, our politics is getting a bit of a shakeup which it sorely needed and it's made a lot of retards like the guy who posted the above quote pants shittingly mad.

Do feel sorry for the foreign workers who are probably going to leave not because of any restrictions (there will be none, of course) but because their remittances will be worth less. Sorry guys.

I, for one, enjoy the imminent collapse in the UK and its current death throes.

Also, I cant stop laughing at idiot racists who think everything is great like this guy. Enjoy having no money, no benefits and no job for the next forever (if you are in the UK).

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
We will incorporate the former United Kingdoms as 5 new states of United States of Atlantic, in exchange we will keep the Queen as the official national mascot.

The House of Lord has to go though, that poo poo is dumb.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Captain Gordon posted:

Enjoy having no money, no benefits and no job for the next forever (if you are in the UK).

how does this work though because now we're weeks away from the brexit vote and I keep hearing this but nobody can explain why except "bankers are really mad" and "my international vacations and foreign investment properties will be more difficult/expensive to manage"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ork of Fiction posted:

I mean, when the US Gov bailed out the banks, they acted like they owned them, and as a result passed a bunch of laws that make it so banks can do whatever and make hella money, so I don't see the downside here?

Oh see that's a simple misconception: the US government did the bail out and then passed all those laws and repealed regulations because the banks own the government not the other way around.

• Locked thread