Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
july
This poll is closed.
j 45 20.27%
u 54 24.32%
l 48 21.62%
y 75 33.78%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Like half the most popular PC games are early acces procedural gen crap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Phantasium posted:

It's a good thing that they don't know, imo

Attention whores should be deprived of attention.

Apparently Jigglypuff is a member of the Westboro Baptist Church though and told their chuch members what is up, a shame.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

good luck joe danger devs, I hope your game isn't a trainwreck

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The War Z also if you bought into it before finding out it was full of hilarious lies

There are a number of games that fit the critera ethanol put forward

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I think people are kinda wrong about Pokemon Go dying so quickly, people discussed it nearly a hour on the radio this morning, and they kept getting call ins from people of all ages. It was kinda surreal.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

PBS Newshour posted:

I think people are kinda wrong about Pokemon Go dying so quickly, people discussed it nearly a hour on the radio this morning, and they kept getting call ins from people of all ages. It was kinda surreal.

I mean, all people have to go on is their experience with Miitomo so

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know if you guys are serious about this whole file size thing or not, but its the dumbest argument to have.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

drat, wind waker hd was three years ago

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

there's like 700 more pokemons they can add and the game's breaking mobile records with just like 140 in the game, it's going to print monies forever

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't know if you guys are serious about this whole file size thing or not, but its the dumbest argument to have.

lol just watch the video

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I didn't watch the video

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

lol just watch the video

You mean the video I linked where VideoGamer mocked people getting stupidly mad over the file size of a game?

Edit - Sorry I meant to say I don't know if people are genuinely mad/upset in this specific thread about NMS' file size. If so then they're being dumb.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 11, 2016

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Those six gigs would be better spent on dog gifs

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Speak of the devil!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Jay Rust posted:

Speak of the devil!

Oh gently caress yeah! Dogs!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

PBS Newshour posted:

Apparently Jigglypuff is a member of the Westboro Baptist Church though and told their chuch members what is up, a shame.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm getting really loving tired of seeing all the pokemon go posts on my FB feed.

i can't run pokemon go unless I update my phone and potentially lose my root :(

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

does dragon quest heroes ever get a mission that's more than, like, two minutes long?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

does dragon quest heroes ever get a mission that's more than, like, two minutes long?
does your girlfriend? ha ha ha :mrgw:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lizard Wizard posted:

how far are you? the later ones are pretty involved and harrowing

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

how far are you? the later ones are pretty involved and harrowing

I just got to the part where you get monster medals.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

like i don't want to poo poo on the game too hard but WOW is it not engaging

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lizard Wizard posted:

like i don't want to poo poo on the game too hard but WOW is it not engaging

it was pretty meh

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Zaphod42 posted:

Name one that isn't minecraft or NMS? lol

Star Citizen is procedurally generated, they just haven't started the procedure yet. :v:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lizard Wizard posted:

keep going it gets crazy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

it was pretty meh

its not everybody's taste

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

If you're just getting monster medals you're mad early. Monster Medals are like the main mechanic of the game. Managing them while musouing what they can't take care of us pretty much what the game is

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
We had a really bad storm today. While I was at work, lightning hit our apartment. Our wall outlet exploded and knocked the power out briefly, along with killing the internet connection for everyone in the area.

My PS4 was connected to a surge protector and a different outlet, and it was also off at the time. Unfortunately, now it's not wanting to start up correctly. It beeps on and shows signs that it's on and everything, but there's no signal between the HDMI port and the TV during this. I also tried connecting with my Vita, but it doesn't recognize the signal, so I'm thinking I'm just gonna wait overnight with the system unplugged. I feel like I've had this happen before two years ago and the solution was just to wait for any residual power to slowly exhaust itself over time. Hopefully that'll be it.

TV's cable box is also not wanting to operate correctly, and I haven't tried the PSTV yet but I'm not really worried about either of those nearly as much. Atleast my subpar laptop is still working without issue. v :( v

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

unplug it and hold the power button for a while to drain it manually

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

unplug it and hold the power button for a while to drain it manually

thanks gonna try that!

e: Hmm, no beeps or noises or anything, so I'm not sure. It would be easier to adjust if PS4s actually had a power button instead of doing the whole "wave your finger across the beam to turn it on" schtick.

The Grimace fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jul 12, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Speaking of, I just noticed that the ps4 sits facing the opposite direction from the ps3 when you have them both upright and now my ocd autism has been triggered

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Okay... I'm still having issues with the console, but it's working. I'm actually playing around with poo poo with Remote Play, and the system itself is working alright, so it looks like there's a problem with the handshake between PS4 and TV. I tried to restart in safe mode, but even then the TV won't recognize the system. I've also tried a second HDMI cable that I know works for sure, so it's not a matter of the HDMI cable. How the hell did a storm do this?

PSTV works alright, but the cable box still seems to be having issues. Goddamn, this is going to drive me absolutely insane.

e: The PS4 also doesn't seem to recognize the controller now, even when it's directly plugged in. I... don't even... god drat, I hope this just solves itself over night. I don't want to have to send this in. :smith:

The Grimace fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jul 12, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you do have to send it in, tell them it was connected to a surge protector and got fried anyway, they might fix it for free.

edit: Really they might fix it for free anyway as long as you haven't like cracked it open and undid the screws and whathaveyou.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

CJacobs posted:

If you do have to send it in, tell them it was connected to a surge protector and got fried anyway, they might fix it for free.

edit: Really they might fix it for free anyway as long as you haven't like cracked it open and undid the screws and whathaveyou.

Yeah, I've never opened it up or anything. I did get it at the end of 2014 though, so it's well past warranty. Apparently launch PS4s did have issues with HDMI placement, but I didn't think mine was considered a launch PS4. Thanks for the tip though, if I need to send it in, I will mention the surge protector and all.

I'm gonna give up on this for tonight and try it again tomorrow. I've left the console unplugged. I might try to look up more information before I go to bed to see if any others have had this issue and have fixed it without needing to send it in. I would prefer to not lose access to my PS4 for ~3+ weeks if I can avoid it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm really good at Pokemon GO, guys.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

did they say yes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I'm sorry FAU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I would skip Goku Prom personally

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Not going with Piccolo instead was their biggest mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I may actually beat Zelda 2 for the first time tonight. That trek through the final palace is torture though.

• Locked thread