Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Didn't realize it got back to me so quickly. I take Max Domi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

If we can get through Otis, then I'll be ready to pick tonight.

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.
I really suck at this. I think I'll take defensedude Morgan Reilly. Signed for $5M until 2022-23.

It's gonna sound dumb (it might be) but I really liked his aptitude at keeping the puck in the offensive zone: often in the right spot to intercept and keep the attack going. I'm reasonably sure he is going to develop into a pretty good D. Maybe not. In any case I'm excited to see his play develop over the next few years with the apparent talent that the Leafs will/might have.

Up next Otis Reddit.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I like Rielly a lot as an offensive D. Kid can loving skate and pass. Domi also a good pick after a 52-point rookie season.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Great pick.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I was tempted to take Rielly instead of Vlasic but Vlasic's fancy stats enthralled me

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I would have taken him next had he fallen to me but I didn't expect him to.. There's another guy I'm shocked hasn't been taken yet.

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I would have taken him next had he fallen to me but I didn't expect him to.. There's another guy I'm shocked hasn't been taken yet.

To be fair there are quite a few I am shocked are not yet picked. But then again, I might have a very skewed view of who's worth what, considering I'm an average homer.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

ThinkTank posted:

Didn't realize it got back to me so quickly. I take Max Domi.

I almost took him and another winger. Good pick, he owns unlike his frankenstein headed retard dad

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Yaya posted:

I was tempted to take Rielly instead of Vlasic but Vlasic's fancy stats enthralled me

I mean I don't think Rielly is bad but he's not even in the same league as Vlasic

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

tofes posted:

I mean I don't think Rielly is bad but he's not even in the same league as Vlasic

To be fair, Vlasic is in his prime and Rielly is a player with a lot of potential.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also it's taken Rielly 3 seasons to produce what Vlasic did in 4. Vlasic doesn't really have much offensive upside despite this past season. He had previously only cracked the 25 point barrier twice.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Otis Reddit got skipped at 9:18 Eastern and can pick whenever. Boomer the Cannon has until tomorrow to make a pick I believe.

I want to pick some terrible dude tonight, pick quick people.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Toronto takes Jacob Trouba.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

That's the guy I was surprised fell this far, although he's about to get a big contract and he's still pretty raw.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Flyinglemur is up.
Trouba is a good pick too, provided he doesn't get a dumb contract.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

^Even if he does, I move Shattenkirk for picks/prospects at the trade deadline/draft to find the cap space.

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

That's the guy I was surprised fell this far, although he's about to get a big contract and he's still pretty raw.

If this were real life, I'd gamble on the upside. Give him the icetime, and the performance will be there.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

I might have taken Trouba if he fell to the fifth, but I'm not convinced he can be a top pairing defenseman in the NHL. I just don't think the offense is there to make him anything more than a 2nd pair guy.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

mentholmoose posted:

I might have taken Trouba if he fell to the fifth, but I'm not convinced he can be a top pairing defenseman in the NHL. I just don't think the offense is there to make him anything more than a 2nd pair guy.

I agree with this, although his defensive tools are great for a guy his age. I'd rather have Rielly, who I think is gonna develop into a 65-point defenseman.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

He's never had a shot at the NHL level, with the depth that Winnipeg has.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Boomer The Cannon posted:

he plays 22 minutes a night, that's a ridiculous thing to say

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

He's not the PP quarterback there - Big Buf is.

He's a good partner to Shattenkirk, IMO.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

He's gotten 22 minutes a night and only missed 1 game last season.

To be fair, it looks like they cut back on his power play time, and he's obviously young.

e:fb; I think if you pick up a veteran puck mover in the later rounds, that would open up opportunities for Trouba to ease into the role of a power play quarterback.

What I'm saying is the Winnipeg Jets should trade for Mark Streit IRL.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Jordan7hm posted:

Also it's taken Rielly 3 seasons to produce what Vlasic did in 4. Vlasic doesn't really have much offensive upside despite this past season. He had previously only cracked the 25 point barrier twice.

It ain't all about points

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

man that was like every dude right off my shortlist gone in an 8 pick run. and then jacob trouba.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

tofes posted:

It ain't all about points

It's about the grit

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Toronto takes Jacob Trouba.

Fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk Yyyyyyyyyyooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!! :argh::argh::argh:

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I had literally forgotten about Trouba because of his lack of points

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Edit: NVM I'm terrible at this

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jul 12, 2016

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Not only was he picked, he was picked in the first round.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Jordan7hm posted:

Not only was he picked, he was picked in the first round.

LOL...I did a search of the spreadsheet and didnt see him.

New pick incoming

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
OK so with their second, and totally legit pick of this round, the Ducks of Southern California select Martin Jones.

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jul 12, 2016

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
ahahahahahahahhaha

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That's like wanting to order the steak and getting stuck with someone's old work boot.

In any case, I either overrate my pick or you all underrate him. I'm taking rookie Colton Parayko. He put up 20 minutes a night and even if those were easy starts his fancy stats were among the best in the league last season.

Assuming this isn't a fluke I will be vindicated this time next season.

Mentholmoose is up.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
EDIT: drat you ^^^

This is the best Fantasy Draft year.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Mmmmhmmmm...laugh now fuckers but just you wait because I'm not done yet and there's PLENTY more laughing to be done at my poo poo team!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

I'm gonna take one of the best young D-men left, Sami Vatanen. He got top-pairing minutes and scored 38 points last season in 71 games. Also he only just turned 25.

Aye Doc and Otis Reddit are both up.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the Florida Panthers select Anthony Duclair due to his exceptional fancy stats, his great per 60 numbers at even strength, and his mere 20 years of life upon god's green earth

Furnaceface can pick

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I didn't think Parayko would drop but I really hoped...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Boo, I thought Duclair would drop further.

• Locked thread