Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The McElroy boys used to have absolute poo poo sound quality, but pretty quickly after moving to Max Fun got their poo poo together. Like, I think one of them used to use a chat microphone headset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

The bad skype quality ups the shittiness of that ad like three times over. It just seems wicked unprofessional. All I can imagine is them sitting alone in their rooms, waiting for the skype delay before speaking as the badly delivered joke bounces off the walls in a tacky low rent echo.

Do not apologize, poo poo audio quality and lovely mics can ruin a perfectly good podcast. Example: The F Plus

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

SpacePig posted:

The McElroy boys used to have absolute poo poo sound quality, but pretty quickly after moving to Max Fun got their poo poo together. Like, I think one of them used to use a chat microphone headset.

The Rock Band mic era was a dark time for the McElboys

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

kidcoelacanth posted:

The McElroys, like any good podcaster should, record their individual audio tracks locally.

Yea I don't know if they ever actually did a proper answer for it but just going on what they've said about recording on episodes it seems they do the smart thing of all of them recording their own track and then sending them to one (I think Griffin?) to edit. That's why they've had a couple episodes that were all 'yea Travis' track got hosed up here, I fixed it as best I could, sorry'.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Scudworth posted:

Do not apologize, poo poo audio quality and lovely mics can ruin a perfectly good podcast. Example: The F Plus

While somehow Lemon still sounds like he's recording from a tin can, at least they record locally. There was a philosophy podcast that focused on marginalized issues in philosophy that was super interesting, but they recorded skype audio that was so bad, one episode was literally unable to be comprehended because their connection was bad and their guest kept cutting out. Any person that listens to podcasts that heard that wouldn't have released it. At least The F-Plus is comprehensible.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Invisible Ted posted:

While somehow Lemon still sounds like he's recording from a tin can, at least they record locally.

It's like a rainbow of mic quality, with some readers clearly shelling out for real mics and others seem to be recording underwater from a webcam mic on a laptop from the late 90's.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Lmao I forgot about the rock band mic. Was that Travis?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
SGDQ's Fallout 4 run is coming up and there's a bid war to name the character. Final Pam is currently in second place, and Stonerz boy Phil is offering matching donations to put her over the top:
https://twitter.com/pkollar/status/751158155145469952

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Lmao I forgot about the rock band mic. Was that Travis?

Griffin.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/panzerskank/status/751192557418213377

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Is that for that robot golf game? Goddamn I've never wanted a golf game so bad.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/miscinsanity/status/751472960272211968

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/751507639746465792
Gonna consider this a lil' preview of their 100foot robot golf commentary

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Yes, let's jolf

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'you wet egg' needs to be in 100 Foot Golf

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Boy do I love Ball Chess.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I am so happy that he made a QPU reference because everybody should see that video.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/751408089539239936?lang=en

GARF HEAD HAM BODY

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Lin voice?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Javier voice.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Great minds think alike

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Now Jim Davis needs to get his celebrity friends to tell Lin-Manuel that he's doing a great job and the cycle will be complete.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Pam head, hamilton garfield body

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

GNU Order posted:

Pam head, hamilton garfield body

Pam head, Hamilton Garfield body and Garfield the Deals Warlock voice.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Pam head, Hamilton Garfield body and Garfield the Deals Warlock voice.

Pam head, Ham body, Deals warlock voice, Cyber Garfield's tiny horse and army of dragons.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
good lord do I need more adventure zone. i know it's so much more work than mbmbam, but it's driving me crazy. i regret burning through the 35+ backlog as irresponsibly as i did.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Pam-body/Garf-head
We know it's lose-lose
Garf-body/Pam-head
But if you had to choose

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

General Ironicus posted:

Pam-body/Garf-head
We know it's lose-lose
Garf-body/Pam-head
But if you had to choose

"I am not throwing away my shot-"
"YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT FINISHING!?"

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I'm trying to teach murphybot a joke but he assumes I'm talking about andrew garfield.

I feel this captures the spirit, though.

Update: I am making progress

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 9, 2016

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Of COURSE that's the episode title they went with

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I gotta say, the last thing I was expecting out of MBMBaM today was a discussion of D-tier NASCAR driver Jeb Burton

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
If you like the pretty fun party card game Monikers, the MBMBAM family has their own special expansion for it

http://mcelroy.monikersgame.com/

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Literal dad chat this week.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Yo Gryphon, where that sweet , sweet Brawl at though

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Anyone have the Rose Buddies rules handy?

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

flatluigi posted:

Anyone have the Rose Buddies rules handy?

Blatantly stolen from the Facebook group:

There's also this, which isn't working right now:

https://word.office.live.com/wv/Wor...e_2016Rules.rtf

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Oh! There's a new Adventure Zone

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

The thing that happened at the end of The Adventure Zone this week really struck me. Griffin has managed to make a threat that is so monumental in scale that one can't even begin to imagine a way to defeat it, while at the same time being concrete enough that it's not impossible to grasp the severity of it. Even the Grand Relics didn't accomplish this; They were always only just out of reach, and their power was so great that it made for a somewhat abstract threat. Frankly, I'm not sure how they're going to take care of this big honkin' worm without using a Grand Relic.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Holy poo poo. I'm loving dying here...

Clint: "I'm planning ahead!"

Justin: "For what?? You have no fuckin clue what's happening..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
I really liked all the crazy puzzle deaths, they gave me adventure game flashbacks (at least they had auto-reload).

Ariong posted:

The thing that happened at the end of The Adventure Zone this week really struck me. Griffin has managed to make a threat that is so monumental in scale that one can't even begin to imagine a way to defeat it, while at the same time being concrete enough that it's not impossible to grasp the severity of it. Even the Grand Relics didn't accomplish this; They were always only just out of reach, and their power was so great that it made for a somewhat abstract threat. Frankly, I'm not sure how they're going to take care of this big honkin' worm without using a Grand Relic.

It also fits with the witch's prediction saying the cause is in the mine but you can't defeat it now.