Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Decius posted:

Why does she look like she's fallen out of a game circa 2006? They don't have the same budget, but, how can this have been made the same year as this:

Because the folks responsible for the second game are CodeWhisperers.

NRX apparently now have modellers that can make people look like people and not perma-stacked meat mountains , but Injustice seems to be their C-team of interns.

That customizable armor poo poo is going to bead to some rear end-ugly costume cruft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Say Nothing posted:

I haven't seen this Wonder Woman outfit before.

Don't show NetherRealms.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
She's waist deep in water, her nether realms are well concealed

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

I haven't seen this Wonder Woman outfit before.

Didn't she wear that in the 60s as part of that brief depowered mod spy reworking?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

DC's new Vigilante

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 11, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess someone liked this guy's look?

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Homeless_Avenger_(New_Earth)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I would appreciate it if DC's new ex-NBA player black guy's superhero costume wasn't a burgler outfit.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I Can't Believe it's Not An Electric-Blackman™!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀᴘᴇs

ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ
ʀᴇᴡɪɴᴅ
ᴛʜᴇᴍ

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

WickedHate posted:

I would appreciate it if DC's new ex-NBA player black guy's superhero costume wasn't a burgler outfit.

Where's the skateboard?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Squizzle posted:

ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀᴘᴇs

ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ
ʀᴇᴡɪɴᴅ
ᴛʜᴇᴍ

One button to reel them in and in the cable bind them.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀᴘᴇs, ᴅᴄ

ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴜsᴛ
ʀᴇᴡɪɴᴅ
ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀᴘᴇs
ɴᴏᴡ

ʀᴇᴡɪɴᴅ
ɢʀᴀᴘᴇs ɴᴏᴡ

ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴠɪᴄᴇ
ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛᴡᴏ ʙᴜᴛᴛᴏɴs
ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ
ʀᴇᴡɪɴᴅ
ᴛʜᴇᴍ

ᴛʜᴇᴍ--
ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀᴘᴇs

ᴏɴᴇ ʙᴜᴛᴛᴏɴ
ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴡɪɴᴅ
ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀᴘᴇs

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Now Kickass is black too? When will these robocops stop their attack on comics??

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
e: I'm gonna start using "grapes" in my day-to-day now.

Ferrule fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 12, 2016

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Behold the ski mask that "cosplay realism" hath wrought.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Teenage Fansub posted:

DC's new Vigilante

I like a lot of these elements, but the rear v on his jacket looks off. The ''sunglasses under ski mask'' is pretty shoddy though.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

He looks like Adrian Chase by way of Phoenix Jones.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

NotAnArtist posted:

The ''sunglasses under ski mask'' is pretty shoddy though.

Going by this image it's just an excuse for giving him a silly floating pink visor, which I'm all for.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

Going by this image it's just an excuse for giving him a silly floating pink visor, which I'm all for.

It's a 'realistic' explanation for the ski goggles thing the original Vigilante had on his mask.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I know almost nothing about Vigilante but I like that

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Where's the cowboy hat and six-shooters?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

That costume's so lazy I wouldn't have even used it on my 15th City of Villains alt I made just to try out some esoteric power combination out of curiosity. And "spinny electric grappling hook whips or something" seems pretty drat esoteric.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Haha, it's like the exact same

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Just so we're not constantly making GBS threads on Retrogrape, the costume could look striking as hell with the right art team, if the story lets the character remain mostly in shadow. When the black parts of the costume left mostly undifferentiated from surrounding shadow, you're left with bright pink eyes, the asymmetric blue and white V lines, plus the character's mouth and part of his hands. That could make for some great images of a minimally-defined man-shape fighting/sneaking/otherwise heroing it up in the night.

This is a bland costume in isolation, but maaaaybe it's the right look for the comic it was created for.

Squizzle fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 12, 2016

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
That costume is a purposeful rip-off of Vigilante's costume. So yes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, the blue swoosh makes him look like a dollar-store Nightwing.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I Can't Believe it's Not An Electric-Blackman™!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly, the blue swoosh makes him look like a dollar-store Nightwing.

Exactly my first thought

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

Now Kickass is black too? When will these robocops stop their attack on comics??

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Ghostlight posted:

Hey now, if there's one person in comics I'd trust to handle a female minority, it's Mark Millar!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Gag me with a spoon

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Just noticed Earth-7 Crusader from Multiversity is remarkably close to the new Steve Rogers get up.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

WickedHate posted:

Just noticed Earth-7 Crusader from Multiversity is remarkably close to the new Steve Rogers get up.

So, Hydra underoos, gotcha.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Mark Millar is like a really bad late night host trying to catch up with the latest viral thingy, always obvious in his pandering.

https://twitter.com/markmillarideas/status/184067730486464514

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I was honestly just making a joke about the ski mask and piping on Vigilante's costume :negative:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Cause Kick rear end was always subtle.
If there was gonna be another comic/movie anyway, and even if he's banking on a movement, what's not gained by doing that? I probably won't read/see it after KA2, but I'm all for it.

And the new black girl War Machine or whatever too. gently caress Don Cheadle.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

If there was gonna be another comic/movie anyway, and even if he's banking on a movement, what's not gained by doing that? I probably won't read/see it after KA2, but I'm all for it.

White dudes at Marvel trying to do "diversity" for headlines is one thing, Mark "can black people be retarded???" Millar playing that game is another.

Coming back to costumes, what the gently caress is this headsock doing in the year 2016

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Has a headsock ever looked good?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I don't think headsocks are that bad when it's actually functioning as a mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

The second film flopped hard so they're not going to do another one.

• Locked thread