Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

*Insert brexit joke here*

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It's me, I'm the guy laughing at Bogue getting so mad their enemy is fighting back.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I really think this weekend is going to be the weekend I produce a macross delta avatar.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

x

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Argas posted:

It's me, I'm the guy laughing at Bogue getting so mad their enemy is fighting back.

Bogue is the biggest wiener in the show and I love him. All he ever does is piss and moan and fail horribly and it's great.

Incidentally, I'm still not entirely clear why Hayate and Mirage had to strip to their skivvies to reconnect some power cables besides to provide some fanservice, some manservice, and a "heh look at them caught in an awkward position that can be taken out of context" gag.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Kanos posted:

Bogue is the biggest wiener in the show and I love him. All he ever does is piss and moan and fail horribly and it's great.

Incidentally, I'm still not entirely clear why Hayate and Mirage had to strip to their skivvies to reconnect some power cables besides to provide some fanservice, some manservice, and a "heh look at them caught in an awkward position that can be taken out of context" gag.
If I'm not mistaken, they used it to propel themselves through the zero-g environment to get over there. Like a jetpack fueled by clothing.

But really it was probably just for fanservice.

Cute Freya art Dryzen.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jul 8, 2016

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
They were in a zero g but pressurized atmosphere. Guess they needed all the momentum.

e: dunno why they didn't just send in a mook with an EX-Gear or something, it seems like the perfect use case for such a scenario.

RangerKarl fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 8, 2016

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Freyja's :D must be protected at all costs

Also wondering how much momentum can be gained in a 0-g environment by hurling off a garment, but I don't know enough science to calculate it. I do appreciate the fact that he couldn't get enough torque because he had no means of gripping securely thus needing the human with footholds. I'm sure there's science to that too.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I think maybe the angular momentum you'd build up by throwing something behind you in a circular fashion might be more vomit-inducing than Macross let on.

But Mirage's mirages make it worth it, I guess.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like the new ed mostly because of how hard mikumo belts it out

RME
Feb 20, 2012

I do like the Freyja rendition of the OP though
sticking with my guns on the old ED

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm pretty sure that the new op is temporary

RME
Feb 20, 2012

im getting owned

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Episode 15:

New OP is really good. Not quite Lion, but still great.

So Roid/Lloyd really is a bastard after all. It was getting really obvious he was the ringleader of the anti-UNS faction but he didn't seem THAT extreme until recently. Also, from the post-credits bit it seems like Hayate's dad either dropped the bomb or gave the order I'd suspect.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jul 11, 2016

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Holy poo poo, just watched 13. I was cheering the whole time and God drat I need to follow up on that episode.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Keith restarts his no-hit danmaku streak in this ep. I really hope he's super scarred up under that bandage.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Always some good dresses in Macross.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Oh i didn't realize it's the same design as Ranka's. that's neat.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

New OP is pretty cool.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

I think GIRI GIRI MADE LOVE FOREVER makes a better OP than the actual second opening.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

The Song of the Wind remains pretty. I hope there's a full extended version of the coronation version on the soundtrack.

Also glad we're finally going to find out what the deal with Hayate's dad is. You'd think delta platoon would do like, basic background checks or something.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I can't believe I am so excited for ep 16!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Kylra posted:

The Song of the Wind remains pretty. I hope there's a full extended version of the coronation version on the soundtrack.

Also glad we're finally going to find out what the deal with Hayate's dad is. You'd think delta platoon would do like, basic background checks or something.

Arad already knows about whatever is up with Hayate's dad but still went out of his way to recruit Hayate. He's even commented to himself like "your dad would be proud of you if he could see you now" and stuff, he just never actually talks with or interacts with Hayate so Hayate never found out that Arad knows.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Makes sense.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Kanos posted:

Arad already knows about whatever is up with Hayate's dad but still went out of his way to recruit Hayate. He's even commented to himself like "your dad would be proud of you if he could see you now" and stuff, he just never actually talks with or interacts with Hayate so Hayate never found out that Arad knows.

A good theory on /m/ is that Arad's dad was a special forces guy originally ordered by that one cabal of bad NUNs dudes to bomb the ruins on Windermere as a way to summon the object out of Fold Space but Epsilon made him the first victim of Var and he dropped the bomb on Carlisle, the NUNs base on Windermere instead. That's why that guy at the end of the episode got angry Hayate was an Immelman and why those NUNs guys were annoyed about the incident when they tried to bomb Winderrmere - because it all went wrong there. And why there's so much confusion about who actually bombed the place, since from NUNs perspective, it was a traitor who did it, given that the cabal of dudes probably didn't tell anyone what he was doing and just placed blame on him.

Additionally, it'd also make sense of why Arad founded Delta Squad if he was doing it to honor his friend and help combat the thing he was shamed (and possibly killed) for suffering from when no-one would believe his protestations of mind control, as well as why he took in Hayate. NUNs presumably didn't believe it, or didn't want to acknowledge it, since it'd mean having to admit why he was flying with an illegal MDE bomb in the first place. So Arad fomed Delta both to combat it and to vindicate his friend.

I'm also assuming that Var is only controllable when you're in an area where the ruins are responding to the Singer. So on Windermere Wright could be controlled by the Wind Singer (whoever that was) because Epsilon and Windermere controlled their ruin, but they couldn't make the Var on Ragna, Al Shahal or wherever controllable until part way in to the show since they didn't control the ruins in the area. I can't recall if Var victims only started exhibiting smarter behavior after ruins fell though, so I may be off. Either way I'd say Wright had to be acting with intelligence, since bombing Carlisle, which we know he did, is too random to be coincidence. We don't know who the Wind Singer was at the time either, though I doubt it was Heinz seven years ago, since he'd probably have been 5 or 6 at the time. That is 5 or 6 in a culture of aliens that die younger though, but they don't appear to mature any faster. Still, it could have been him.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:toot:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Figured they'd continue to tease us with Hayate's dad.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Freyja continues to swallow the lion's share of the chara animation budget (not that anyone's really complaining)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Freyja confirmed for middle-aged spinster, I guess.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Team Mirage taking a terrible beating this time around.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Kanos posted:

Team Mirage taking a terrible beating this time around.

They haven't pushed Mirage enough for me to even consider it but a lot can happen in ten episodes.

Edit: \/ pretty much what I meant. he seems a lot closer to Freya in general

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 18, 2016

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Mokinokaro posted:

They haven't pushed Mirage enough for me to even consider it but a lot can happen in ten episodes.

They've pushed Mirage a ton from the Mirage side of things but haven't really portrayed Hayate thinking of her as anything other than a buddy yet.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Doesn't help much that he has the typical protagonist "Denser than a black hole" thing going on.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
gently caress Windermere, I want a slice of life starring Walkure + the Delta platoon. This episode owned. :kimchi:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Freyja is going to win and I'm extremely glad!!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

NotALizardman posted:

Freyja is going to win and I'm extremely glad!!

It's very likely unless they pull a Misa with Mirage.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Freyja is going to die in like ten years or ten episodes, unless they somehow magic away the whole Windermereans Living Short Lives thing.

They'll probably use it to hammer home some sort of ENJOY YOUR YOUTH, YOUNG JAPANESE PEOPLE message, and Mirage either wins unsatisfyingly by default or we get a repeat of Alto x Sky from the Macross F TV Series. We can then have the inevitable Delta movies give us a decisive ending two years from now.

The movies will look rad, and some dead people might not die in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm glad that Hayate and Mirage went on a date on my birthday, and that Mirage wore a cute outfit with thighhigh boots for it, but I'm even more glad for the super cute HayaFre ending.

Also, I feel like this was pretty much the first moment of humanity for Mikumo. Weird.

• Locked thread