Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Echophonic posted:

I just wait until I have at least an SA2 of the base card to Dokkan dupes. I'm not grinding up 10 medals and blowing a kai medal for +1 SA.

gently caress. I got paid and did another couple pulls and got ANOTHER Agl SSJ3. He's sitting for a while, I don't have the patience to do all that again.

Also got my 3rd AGL Ultimate Gohan and a Pikkon. Is Pikkon even worth doing anything with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, just go through the story, since it's triple Rank XP. Your target amount of stamina is 60, since that lets you do stuff in the World Tournament a bit better. Other than that, the Ki +3 leaders we have available to farming are good called. Pikkon especially is good, but a bit of a tough fight early on. Same for King Cold.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 11, 2016

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Frankly, since you JUST started, why not start with a Gogeta account instead? You could either roll one yourself and see if you can pick one up from the reddit giveaway thread.

New Leaf posted:

gently caress. I got paid and did another couple pulls and got ANOTHER Agl SSJ3. He's sitting for a while, I don't have the patience to do all that again.

Also got my 3rd AGL Ultimate Gohan and a Pikkon. Is Pikkon even worth doing anything with?
Pikkon has the rare -ATK on super ability which is actually very useful. Other than that, he's a trash SSR.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ChronoReverse posted:

Frankly, since you JUST started, why not start with a Gogeta account instead? You could either roll one yourself and see if you can pick one up from the reddit giveaway thread.

I'll need more details here. How do I restart? If I restart, do I get all of the Dragon Stones and poo poo from the events back? Also, where's said Reddit giveaway thread?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'll need more details here. How do I restart? If I restart, do I get all of the Dragon Stones and poo poo from the events back? Also, where's said Reddit giveaway thread?

Giveaway thread is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/4s9uvh/july_11_2016_july_18_2016_glb_account_giveaways/

Basically, new accounts get 200 stones right now I think. Reroll accounts tend to use all 200 but if a Gogeta is in there, then it's usually worth it. If you were to go for that, you'd make a backup transfer code for your existing account (just in case) and then enter the transfer code of the account being given away.

Then the original account would be obliterated (save for the backup code you made right?) and you'd be starting a brand new account. Only really worth doing if you haven't gone far in Dokkan Battle or if there's an amazing character that just came out (like Gogeta).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well I'm barely into the second saga and did some events, so I can definitely just lose this account for a better one. Nonetheless, can I restart on my own or do I absolutely need to get the transfer from some other account? I could just reroll on my own until it works if the former is possible, though I'm still putting a request in to make my life easier.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
You can restart on your own but the simplest way of doing that is reinstalling the app and that forces you to redownload everything as well as play the tutorial again. Not efficient.

If you're rooted on Android (or want to mess around using emulators) then you can do some stuff to speed it up a lot but that's beyond the scope of discussing here (just look it up on Reddit).

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So if some of you guys are clearing Gogeta so easily, do you have any team advice for me? I tried nuking with Gogeta and a Agi Frieza friend, but got quickly pasted even though I had an almost completely full Agi board. Just couldn't tank the hits.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Edit: Eh, N/M.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Can't tank supers from Gogeta, bring someone to seal supers. General Blue to get in some stuns helps a lot too of course. I also bring AGL Whis for lucky stuns and a heal.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Also don't be afraid to use your Bunny Bulmas since they expire after the 1st anniversary special

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs

Drowning Rabbit posted:

So if some of you guys are clearing Gogeta so easily, do you have any team advice for me? I tried nuking with Gogeta and a Agi Frieza friend, but got quickly pasted even though I had an almost completely full Agi board. Just couldn't tank the hits.

You might want to post what you have available in characters to choose from.

For the AGI Frieza method, you are better off be double AGI Frieza to finish it in one or two hits. Otherwise, you can just do double Gogeta team with you best AGI nukers and a stunner like Turles and throw supers nonstop and grind him down.

I personally was using the following team when I was clearing my medals.

Team:
Double Gogeta
AGI SSG Goku
AGI Kaioken Goku
AGI Buu or AGI Roshi
INT Super Janemba
INT Turles

Item: 2x Sensu, 2x Dende, 2x Whis, 2x Icarus or King Yemma

My best nukers actually were the Gogetas and my best damage soaker was INT Super Janemba. If you could get Turtle to stun, it usually saves you a heal or damage reduction item for a round.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

ChronoReverse posted:

That's why he's the sole inhabitant of the Z-rank in the global tier list.

Is this tier list a real thing that exists somewhere?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

isme posted:

You might want to post what you have available in characters to choose from.

loving hell: https://dbz.space/box/DrowningRabbit this has been in my clipboard since I posted that. Meant to have it in there. I don't generally have the really good Agi hikers :( No Agi SSG Goku, Agi Kaioken Goku, or Agi Golden Frieza for me.

Just got Agi SSj 3 Goku and Agi Kid Buu in this banner though.

Not sure who I should use to seal supers, and I don't have either Turles. General Blue is my best bet for stuns, but he can't take a hit for poo poo.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I thought I could take my time leveling up Goku's to raise SSJ Goku's Super Attacks, but I got frustrated and just decided to finish off the last one of my original 4 (before I got two new ones last week, which I ). Sadly, I got rid of my Angel Goku SA 10, but if I really want one I can get it easy enough. Overall, I'm down about 40 million Zeni (Currently have 86 million), AGL and TEQ Training Items and Medals, but I have four stronger Goku's.

Did my first run through of mass Goku farming, and I went 1 for 50 on raising AGL Goku's SA. This could take some time, but I've got nothing else to do right now, unless I try to farm Janemba medals for a Janemba I don't have, or Getting Spare Characters for Super Strikes.

I also changed my rainbow team up here's who I went with:
Leader: Gogeta
AGL: SSJ3 Goku
TEQ: Vegito
STR: SSG Goku
INT: Turles
PHY: Ultimate Gohan

It feels weird not having STR SSJ3 Goku in the team, but I think the synergy between SSG Goku and the rest of the team works rather well, and AGL SSJ3 Goku works better than most of my AGL options. I could probably switch out Ultimate Gohan to either SSJ Bardock or Full Power Frieza, but I'm an Ultimate Gohan fan.

I also have 10 Old Kai,s and I'm not sure if I want to use them or save them for the future.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

loving hell: https://dbz.space/box/DrowningRabbit this has been in my clipboard since I posted that. Meant to have it in there. I don't generally have the really good Agi hikers :( No Agi SSG Goku, Agi Kaioken Goku, or Agi Golden Frieza for me.

Just got Agi SSj 3 Goku and Agi Kid Buu in this banner though.

Not sure who I should use to seal supers, and I don't have either Turles. General Blue is my best bet for stuns, but he can't take a hit for poo poo.

You should be able to do Gogeta.

Stunner is Blue, Sealer is Murasaki.

Gogeta leader, Blue, Murasaki, Gotenks, SSJ3 Goku, Whis would be the team I'd use if I were you.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

ChronoReverse posted:

You should be able to do Gogeta.

Stunner is Blue, Sealer is Murasaki.

Gogeta leader, Blue, Murasaki, Gotenks, SSJ3 Goku, Whis would be the team I'd use if I were you.

I'll try this out next time I get up enough stamina. Currently I tried it with:
Gogeta
Agi SSj3 Goku
Agi Kid Buu
Agi Gotenks
Int General Blue
Int Super Janemba
Friend Super Gogeta

Took almost all the items I brought: 2x Senzu, Dende, Icarus and King Yenma

So pleased I finally got him down though. Face tanked supers with Yenma and Icarus where absolutely necessary, but it was worth it.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Make sure to give Murasaki a 4 ki spot. He needs to super every turn he comes up to seal the supers.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I would use

Double Gogeta (Look for lvl 10 Super Gogeta friend)
AGI SSJ3
AGI Gotenks
AGI Roshi
General Blue
Super Janemba

Make sure to link SSJ3 with Gogeta for Over in a flash. AGI Roshi is to give additional +ki. Soak the damage with Super Janemba and hope General Blue stuns enough so you do not run out of items. Key is to throw supers non stop. Priority for supers are Gogeta, then SSJ3, then General Blue, then Gotenks. The rest don't matter as much if they super or not.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

ChronoReverse posted:

Make sure to give Murasaki a 4 ki spot. He needs to super every turn he comes up to seal the supers.

Not sure what this means? I can only assume you mean the +Ki spots on the board before the fight? How do you know what is going to be that much Ki and how do you assure the right character gets it?

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
He just mean you need to get enough orbs to throw super every time with Murasaki. But honestly I am not a fan of Murasaki. It's a very weak R card despite the ability to seal super. You can tank the damage fine with good AGI card and using the damage reduction items. Between Whis and Icarus, you should have 8 rounds worth of damage reduction.

I do seriously suggest Super Janemba is a must. His passive takes damage like a champ. +5000 DEF and guard always up? Only AGI Frieza can tank better than that.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Not sure what this means? I can only assume you mean the +Ki spots on the board before the fight? How do you know what is going to be that much Ki and how do you assure the right character gets it?

Right, it's a more advanced technique. When you fall into a ki slot, the character that gets it is random. So close the app the moment you see which character it is and if it's not who you want. Load and try again until the ki goes to who you want.

As for face tanking, that's fine and all but you'll save a lot more damage than you can possibly hope to tank simply by sealing Gogeta's supers.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I have all the cards needed to beat Gogeta, I think, but since I only recently got them I'm sort of stuck alternating between leveling all of them up, farming Gokus for SA, and farming Android 13 Medals (since those stages also give a ton of Rank EXP right now so I can level up and reset my stamina)

https://dbz.space/box/Ammat (This should be public but probably got somehow reset to private)

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I have pretty much the same problem as Drowning Rabbit, wonder if someone can give me a tip:

https://dbz.space/box/Kaos

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I linked a bunch of Gogeta accounts a few days ago and since nobody but one goon said anything I'd assume there are still some left. Just pick one, the difference between Gogeta or not is night and day

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
In my several pulls during this event, I got two of this INT SR Babidi and I was going to mash them together to level up the SA but it actually looks like he might be a secret garbage SR or something? He's clearly not up to par with the blondes and doesn't appear to have any useful link skills. Am I just as well off feeding him to Baba for some points, or should I be hanging on to the cards anyway?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Keep him. He can stun folks.

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light

Ignoranus posted:

In my several pulls during this event, I got two of this INT SR Babidi and I was going to mash them together to level up the SA but it actually looks like he might be a secret garbage SR or something? He's clearly not up to par with the blondes and doesn't appear to have any useful link skills. Am I just as well off feeding him to Baba for some points, or should I be hanging on to the cards anyway?

He has a stun on his super, I think it's a 40% chance but it could be less. If you don't have Blue he makes an ok sub on a stun team.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Having Int SSR Turles, Int SR General Blue and Int SR Babidi makes the TEQ Cell dokkan fight Much easier if you don't have easy access to nukes.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Ignoranus posted:

I'll 4th that you should keep him. Mine is max SA at this point, and he's been invaluable at times.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wuxi posted:

I linked a bunch of Gogeta accounts a few days ago and since nobody but one goon said anything I'd assume there are still some left. Just pick one, the difference between Gogeta or not is night and day

Apparently all of them were taken, seeing as how I get "incorrect transfer code" every time I try using one of them (though I haven't tried the one with the level 99 Old Kai, but I can guess that one was taken too).

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Rudes, all of you who take and not let the thread know. <:mad:>

I'll fire up the reroller and try again and encourage others to do the same since I still can use a gogeta account :v:. I was getting some good accounts(even got 4 different SSRs in one roll! 9 SSRs in that account) but Gogeta eludes me.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Isn't Games public?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I'm just assuming its like the other threads that share gifts and codes which are definitely private yet the same thing happens.

Also is this thread in games also or something? Otherwise you're in anime town, friend. :clint:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Couldn't get rerolling the fast way to work, tried the slow way (that is, uninstalling and reinstalling the app).

Started with Freeza which surprised me. Got Godku, Golden Freeza and Beerus.

No Gogeta. gently caress.

I'll restart again later, I guess.

Dub Step Dad
Dec 29, 2008
So I'm working on consistently beating Gogeta. The only nuke leader I have is a TEQ SSGSS Goku and I noticed in the description it says "for every TEQ ki obtained". Does that mean my TEQ guys get +60% per orb? So should I just stick to using a TUR Cell Or would I be fine using my AGL monumental dreams Goku as a nuker and giving him a ton of TEQ orbs?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Dub Step Dad posted:

So I'm working on consistently beating Gogeta. The only nuke leader I have is a TEQ SSGSS Goku and I noticed in the description it says "for every TEQ ki obtained". Does that mean my TEQ guys get +60% per orb? So should I just stick to using a TUR Cell Or would I be fine using my AGL monumental dreams Goku as a nuker and giving him a ton of TEQ orbs?

Only works for TEQ characters. If you want to nuke, you'll want to use TUR TEQ Cell.

I believe you need a minimum of SA3-4 on TUR TEQ Cell and double TEQ SSB Goku leaders to properly nuke Gogeta.

Dub Step Dad
Dec 29, 2008

ChronoReverse posted:

Only works for TEQ characters. If you want to nuke, you'll want to use TUR TEQ Cell.

I believe you need a minimum of SA3-4 on TUR TEQ Cell and double TEQ SSB Goku leaders to properly nuke Gogeta.

What do you mean by double SSB Goku leaders? Is it possible to have multiple leaders and I've just missed it this entire time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Dub Step Dad posted:

What do you mean by double SSB Goku leaders? Is it possible to have multiple leaders and I've just missed it this entire time?

Friend leaders :eng101: