Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

Drone posted:

That's going to be a bitch and a half then.

Maybe someone can start a Google Doc thing or something where people who are active can input their in-game name or something to indicate whether they're active. Leave it up for a week or two, then cull anyone who isn't on the list?

That was pretty much my suggestion. The only other alternative is to do the purge and take the hit on whomever we need to re-invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Who even is this beraiye pubbie?

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014
someone who actually plays on mumble with goons, who are you?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Lol

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I gat that a generous person gave us mumble hosting and good on him that's awesome. I also understand not wanting that poo poo out in the public because hey private server.

That said if it's become a burden for getting new people in why not just move to a new mumble?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Beraiye posted:

someone who actually plays on mumble with goons, who are you?

BMR, meet Phorashi. Phorashi, meet BMR

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

Pattonesque posted:

BMR, meet Phorashi. Phorashi, meet BMR

lol

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Cyrano4747 posted:

I gat that a generous person gave us mumble hosting and good on him that's awesome. I also understand not wanting that poo poo out in the public because hey private server.

That said if it's become a burden for getting new people in why not just move to a new mumble?

A new mumble, a steam community, even a newsletter, just please, please god let me in so I can stop pugging.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I've seen an 11 damage highlander.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

It appears we've owned ourselves, I considerably more.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Hey, sorry I didn't drop with folks yesterday, I had to get in 1 more scout win so I could pick up my Nova and then I spent the rest of the day with my nephews, who I showed some silly robot builds on the testing grounds.

edit: speaking of novas, what should I do with my Nova Prime, I was thinking swapping the mediums in one arm for small pulses?

Ash Rose fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jul 11, 2016

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

axelsoar posted:

Hey, sorry I didn't drop with folks yesterday, I had to get in 1 more scout win so I could pick up my Nova and then I spent the rest of the day with my nephews, who I showed some silly robot builds on the testing grounds.

edit: speaking of novas, what should I do with my Nova Prime, I was thinking swapping the mediums in one arm for small pulses?

12x small lasers are good. 10-12 small pulse lasers are good as well. Or you can go half and half combos like your idea.

I've purchased the K2 but I've only got 1 Mechbay left, so currently it is impossible for me to Elite Catapults. Should I just sell my Nova Prime or something once I finish eliting my 3 Novas? I'm not sure I want to buy mechbays when they aren't on sale yet.

Edit:
I have 3 Atlas chassis: Founders, D-DC, loyalty Atlas
3 Novas: Prime, A, B
1 Centurion: loyalty Centurion
1 Timber Wolf: C
1 Catapult: K2

Edit: When was the last mechbay sale again?

Artificer fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 11, 2016

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Artificer posted:

12x small lasers are good. 10-12 small pulse lasers are good as well. Or you can go half and half combos like your idea.

I've purchased the K2 but I've only got 1 Mechbay left, so currently it is impossible for me to Elite Catapults. Should I just sell my Nova Prime or something once I finish eliting my 3 Novas? I'm not sure I want to buy mechbays when they aren't on sale yet.

Edit:
I have 3 Atlas chassis: Founders, D-DC, loyalty Atlas
3 Novas: Prime, A, B
1 Centurion: loyalty Centurion
1 Timber Wolf: C
1 Catapult: K2

Edit: When was the last mechbay sale again?

There aren't a ton of reasons to keep 3 of a clan omnimech on hand, selling a nova is a good plan

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

There aren't a ton of reasons to keep 3 of a clan omnimech on hand, selling a nova is a good plan

Thanks, I figured as much!

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

A culling has occurred. If you are active and find yourself no longer in WoL, thats why.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
85 damage battle master, I want to die.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

At least that's more than one alpha of damage. I just don't understand the players who can't even find an enemy and click once before they get overwhelmed.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

aniviron posted:

At least that's more than one alpha of damage. I just don't understand the players who can't even find an enemy and click once before they get overwhelmed.

the best are the dudes in CW who do like 1-200 damage across all four robots

getting ganked early on one robot is fine, that poo poo happens. managing to click your mouse once per life is totally weird and I have trouble believing sentient humans are managing it unless their computers are running MWO as a slideshow

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
I have LLJK if we really need a third unit for anything. Dunno why we would, but it's there.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

aniviron posted:

I've had it happen before. I got ganked by a pair of stealth atlases who both alphad me from behind. Dead before I could react.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Great Beer posted:

I've had it happen before. I got ganked by a pair of stealth atlases who both alphad me from behind. Dead before I could react.

haha i did that with a couple of other goon lights on Tourmaline one time, we sneaky snuck up behind two atlases climbing a hill and killed them both with synchronised alphas in about eight seconds

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Hmmm. Prime, B, and A Novas. Prime's unique quirk of overheat damage reduction seems to be the least useful of the three. Probably will sell that one to make room for a 3rd Catapult. Just finished getting my 2nd Catapult.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
You could always just buy the version(s) you know you won't keep first so you can basic them and then sell them to not have wasted mech bays.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Inimicul posted:

You could always just buy the version(s) you know you won't keep first so you can basic them and then sell them to not have wasted mech bays.

I got the Prime for free off of the event anyways. I'll remember it fondly as the first mech I fell in love with and really got me into this game again.

edit: The general thread consensus for the choice between the Catapult C1 and C4 is that the C4 is generally better right?

Artificer fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jul 12, 2016

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Artificer posted:

I got the Prime for free off of the event anyways. I'll remember it fondly as the first mech I fell in love with and really got me into this game again.

edit: The general thread consensus for the choice between the Catapult C1 and C4 is that the C4 is generally better right?

Probably. You can do a not-quite-as-good splatapult with medium pulse lasers and 4 SRMs. The C1 really wants to be a LRM boat, it's not very good.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

The splatapult is well known, but why isn't the splatdog as popular? It seems like the Mad Dog can probably take a pretty good go at it.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Clan SRMs actually do slightly less damage. They almost always don't have quirks to support brawling.
IS srm boats are still pretty king because of it.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

They also also have more spread. The Mad Dog is bigger than the Catapult and can't take jumpjets, the Catapult has huge structure quirks and the Mad Dog has pretty negligible ones. I love my MDD-A splatdog, but it's just not as good as the CPLT-A1. The one thing it can do better is you can take five ER small lasers to go with it, but you don't have the heat or tonnage to do that really, since you barely have the tonnage to bring six SRM6s anyway.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's entirely possible to have a great mech, be a good pilot and still die doing a pitiful amount of damage due to ~reasons. It happens.

It just shouldn't be happening frequently.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Artificer posted:

The splatapult is well known, but why isn't the splatdog as popular? It seems like the Mad Dog can probably take a pretty good go at it.

In addition to the other reasons people have mentioned the Splatcat/wolf (Timber Wolf with 4x SRM6A and 4x SPL) does it's job better: like the catapult it has access to jump jets, it has more armor so it can survive getting into splat range, it can shield better (not well, but better) and it runs cooler.

The Mad Dog theoretically has better splat potential but in practice it has a hard time being as effective as the catapult (quirks help a lot) or the timberwolf in the same role. People are really fond of the Streak Dog though.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Artificer posted:

Less tonnage, less tanky, no JJs, everything torso-mounted.
The Madde Dogge is one of my favourites optically, but everytime i take it for a ride i just feel i would be doing much better in "mech-X".
Ive seen lots or streakdogs lately, but then again ive had my share of lurmtlas lances.

Bought a spirit bear and a bounty hunter because drunk meching, no regrets so far.

Jeans
Jan 8, 2011
Quick question: Does this game still not blow? Or does it blow again? It seems to be centered on a phallic oriented cycle.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Jeans posted:

Quick question: Does this game still not blow? Or does it blow again? It seems to be centered on a phallic oriented cycle.

Everyones bitching how hosed it is, then throws money at it cause in the end of the day its still fun.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Everyones bitching how hosed it is, then throws money at it cause in the end of the day its still fun. they are utterly broken.

Game is ok, still a unending series of poor decisions, no reason to give them money until they do something major like un-gently caress their prices or remove ghost heat.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Unlike Star Citizen, this actually exists and at it's baseline it is fun.

Jeans
Jan 8, 2011

EponymousMrYar posted:

Unlike Star Citizen, this actually exists and at it's baseline it is fun.

Iunno those guys who gave croberts all their money seem to have a great time

Anyhow understood. Will eventually drop in with goons to poo poo up the chat and lose matches like a champ.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Jeans posted:

Iunno those guys who gave croberts all their money seem to have a great time

Anyhow understood. Will eventually drop in with goons to poo poo up the chat and lose matches like a champ.

They have fun in their heads cause their game doesnt exist.

We on the other hand, have real fun in real mechs shooting up real people in other real mechs.

also i think very few mwo players are in for 4000 bucks

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Please don't spend real money on robots.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Cease to Hope posted:

Please don't spend real money on robots.

That advice is coming 4 years too late ;).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kingcom posted:

I just reinstalled this game wtf happened to the map. Wtf happened to frozen city. WHY ARE LIGHTS HUGE
PGI wanted to nerf lights and this is what they did.

• Locked thread