Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Deified Data posted:

Probably a stupid question but are there any mods out there for people with red/green colorblindness so they can better see witcher vision? Finding footprints and other clues on green grass is kind of a crapshoot for me whether I can spot the trail immediately or if I have to wander the same patch of land for 10 minutes until I see a faint hint of movement. It's not a huge deal but if the color were blue or something it'd be so much easier for me.

Options, gameplay, colorblind friendly witcher senses. There's also http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/125/ but it doesn't seem to have been updated for current patch use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Speaking of load times I was pleasantly surprised with Toussant in that regard.. there was one long load for the area and then fast-travels were super-quick (relatively, I mean a 5-10 second load time across the map is like nothing compared to what happens in Novigrad).

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

Probably a stupid question but are there any mods out there for people with red/green colorblindness so they can better see witcher vision?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
How did I not notice this. Thanks.

Auryn54
Mar 15, 2004

Just finished the DLCs, and terribly sad there is going to be no more content. Hearts of Stone has to be one of my favorite DLCs of all time. If I do new game+ do I keep my gear, or just my skill points? I ran my first play through cat school, fast attacks and heavy sign usage. Looking to change up my build style, what would you guys suggest?

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

So I'm on NG+ and recently finished the vanilla campaign. Without thinking about it, I started Hearts of Stone and saved over my milestone save like an idiot, before I remember that everything in HoS after Frog Prince and the mage battle is terrible. I'm basically at the perfect level to start Blood and Wine, but if I finish HoS I will be over-leveled.

Is there a way to remove the face mark other than to complete the HoS campaign? It's literally the only thing that is making me continue this lovely, and not fun part of the game instead of jumping to the content that is actually fun. Can't I just beat Olgierd down, lock him in a metal casket and drop him in the ocean? gently caress Olgierd, and gently caress Master Mirror.

Phantom Star fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jul 12, 2016

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

WillyTheNewGuy posted:

So I'm on NG+ and recently finished the vanilla campaign. Without thinking about it, I started Hearts of Stone and saved over my milestone save like an idiot, before I remember that everything in HoS after Frog Prince and the mage battle is terrible. I'm basically at the perfect level to start Blood and Wine, but if I finish HoS I will be over-leveled.

Is there a way to remove the face mark other than to complete the HoS campaign? It's literally the only thing that is making me continue this lovely, and not fun part of the game instead of jumping to the content that is actually fun. Can't I just beat Olgierd down, lock him in a metal casket and drop him in the ocean? gently caress Olgierd, and gently caress Master Mirror.

That's some dedicated role playing.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

WillyTheNewGuy posted:

Close your eyes: BAM, face mark gone

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Database reconfiguration worked flawlessly, only took two minutes and game runs great now. Thanks so much for the help.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Database reconfiguration worked flawlessly, only took two minutes and game runs great now. Thanks so much for the help.
Huzzah. Happy Witchering

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

Arglebargle III posted:

That's some dedicated role playing.

I agree, my lack of dedication to role playing is what got me into this mess. After defeating the Hunt, parting ways with (soon to be) Emperor Ciri, after confessing my love to Triss and everything else, what do I do?

Well MY Geralt would have taken up the contract in Toussant.

After Vesemir died, Kaer Morhen just didn't feel the same. Now that I have a moment to think I realize I need a new place to winter, and perhaps someday retire to.

What he wouldn't do is stick around in bloody Oxenfurt and crawl through the sewers to kill a toad.
So why did I do it? I did it because it's the DLC which was released first.

Here I am, excited to take part in the tourney, to team up with Regis and instead I'm at a wedding and some medieval MRA guy is using me to sexually harass everyone in sight, and it got to me a little. I apologize, and will do my best to take my vow of role playing more seriously in the future.

Edit: Sorry about the spoilers.

Phantom Star fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jul 12, 2016

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
dont spoil things for people you shithead cool guy

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jul 12, 2016

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Taking Hjalmar's side during King's Gambit is sure a heck of a lot more interesting than the other side.

corker2k
Feb 22, 2013

I started NG+ and didn't get to have the conversation where I decide about Letho. He was on my first playthrough - did I do something wrong because now he isn't where he should be?

I also didn't get to play "learn to fight with uncle Vesimir" so wonder if they are cut out as part of NG+ or just my game went wrong.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

RatHat posted:

Taking Hjalmar's side during King's Gambit is sure a heck of a lot more interesting than the other side.

'Interesting' in a bad way? I picked Cerys an while I haven't seen how it plays out just yet, she seemed infinitely smarter and better at leading and afterwards everyone told me about how it was for the best, even Hjalmar seemed happy with it.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

So I'm mostly going to avoid this thread because i feel like the game is old enough a lot of stuff won't be spoilered anymore, but I'm just wondering if there's any need for me to buy DLC early.

Im like 5 hours in and it's fun, but i don't want to drop another $30 on DLC if it's all end-game stuff, cause there's always a chance ill get bored and not finish the game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Paid DLC is all endgame stuff. The UK changes and whatnot were rolled into the base game.

There's a bunch of free DLC though. Pick that up.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

That was a ton of free DLC. Pretty pumped for this pig village.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Tequila Sunrise posted:

That was a ton of free DLC. Pretty pumped for this pig village.
You may want to turn off the alternative outfits for Triss, Yen and Ciri as the original ones look way better but you'll have to see for yourself - Triss's is especially ridiculous.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

You may want to turn off the alternative outfits for Triss, Yen and Ciri as the original ones look way better but you'll have to see for yourself - Triss's is especially ridiculous.
Alt-Ciri is pretty great, sez I.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

corker2k posted:

I started NG+ and didn't get to have the conversation where I decide about Letho. He was on my first playthrough - did I do something wrong because now he isn't where he should be?

I also didn't get to play "learn to fight with uncle Vesimir" so wonder if they are cut out as part of NG+ or just my game went wrong.

The fighting tutorial gets skipped in NG+ because they assume you know how.

Did you remember to say simulate W2 save when you made a NG+?

Also don't forget that conversation is AFTER you leave WO.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Just started Hearts of Stone, random question: (late vanilla spoiler, mid DLC spoiler): Just met that lady at the auction that banged Vesemir, had to tell her that he died. Does that conversation go differently if I hadn't done the Battle of Kaer Morhen yet? Is it even possible to be leveled up enough to be at the auction without going that far in the vanilla game?

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013

Hobo Clown posted:

Just started Hearts of Stone, random question: (late vanilla spoiler, mid DLC spoiler): Just met that lady at the auction that banged Vesemir, had to tell her that he died. Does that conversation go differently if I hadn't done the Battle of Kaer Morhen yet? Is it even possible to be leveled up enough to be at the auction without going that far in the vanilla game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUMBEGz4afg

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Hobo Clown posted:

Yeah. You can tell him about it too.

corker2k
Feb 22, 2013

JetsGuy posted:

Did you remember to say simulate W2 save when you made a NG+?

This was probably it - I don't remember it though because I loaded from a save, in which Letho was there.

Too late to go back now - I have finally got into Gwent thanks to this thread and no way am I giving up my precious hoarded cards.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Dan Didio posted:

'Interesting' in a bad way? I picked Cerys an while I haven't seen how it plays out just yet, she seemed infinitely smarter and better at leading and afterwards everyone told me about how it was for the best, even Hjalmar seemed happy with it.

In case somebody didn't know about the option most "interesting" choice is letting the whatshisname the king's son take the throne. Not only does he turns out to be surprisingly decent at the job but you also get a viking style negotiations with Nilfgaard envoys

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Tequila Sunrise posted:

So I'm mostly going to avoid this thread because i feel like the game is old enough a lot of stuff won't be spoilered anymore, but I'm just wondering if there's any need for me to buy DLC early.

Im like 5 hours in and it's fun, but i don't want to drop another $30 on DLC if it's all end-game stuff, cause there's always a chance ill get bored and not finish the game.

It's worth it but you have 100 hours or so to decide.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

You can tell him about her. :cry:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I put Cerys on the throne yesterday and didn't kill Wham-a-wham. It was a good day.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

corker2k posted:

This was probably it - I don't remember it though because I loaded from a save, in which Letho was there.

Too late to go back now - I have finally got into Gwent thanks to this thread and no way am I giving up my precious hoarded cards.

probably. And I don't think it's possible to do a NG+ without loading from a completed vanilla game.

They still ask you all the regular questions like difficulty and save sim etc.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Mr E posted:

I put Cerys on the throne yesterday and didn't kill Wham-a-wham. It was a good day.

I only found out about wham-a-wham's alternate resolution a couple weeks ago in this thread and i am a monster for killing him. however i blame the rarity of cave troll liver drops for my enthusiasm to kill a troll that attacked me first.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I meant more just what you do during King's Gambit, not that Hjalmar is a better king.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

When it comes to Skellige itself the best outcome is not completing the quest at all and having Svanrige become king but there's no fun in that.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

TBF, Hjalmar is The Best King in the Skellige worldwiew. Powerful warrior that leads them on raids, and who cares about the rest. Also if you follow him you find out that his decision isn't as stupid as it looks.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Cerys is the best choice because later you can find Birna's pecked to death corpse chained to a rock. :black101:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I'm trying to level up the Aerondight in a vampire heavy locale, and damned if I can get through an Alp / Bruxa fight without taking damage. Other vamps are a predictable breeze, but these girls...

Tips?

Also, anyone got a cogent breakdown of how the sword works? I've seen claims that only the max damage improves, while the minimal damage stays the same, meaning the average is actually a lot worse if you got it at a relatively low level.

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006
I just completed the story. What a great cliff-hanging ending that was, the one where Ciri becomes a witcher, but you don't realize it until the very last scene, especially after having told Emhyr that she died.. I was already doubting myself and asking: "where did I gently caress up, was I really such a poo poo (step)parent?"

However, now I can not bring myself to play the DLC. The world feels a whole lot emptier now without Ciri, supermodel sorceresses and all the other fellows. I saw Zoltan though, but he didn't say much. Geralt and Ciri wandering the world and killing monsters would be great DLC, would play that. Perhaps it's time for NG+ and this time I'll complete every bit of DLC before the story ends.

The drinking session at kaer morhen was the best part of the game though.

However, it appears that I'm still missing a few gwent cards. Got to collect them all.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

jonnypeh posted:

I just completed the story. What a great cliff-hanging ending that was, the one where Ciri becomes a witcher, but you don't realize it until the very last scene, especially after having told Emhyr that she died.. I was already doubting myself and asking: "where did I gently caress up, was I really such a poo poo (step)parent?"

However, now I can not bring myself to play the DLC. The world feels a whole lot emptier now without Ciri, supermodel sorceresses and all the other fellows. I saw Zoltan though, but he didn't say much. Geralt and Ciri wandering the world and killing monsters would be great DLC, would play that. Perhaps it's time for NG+ and this time I'll complete every bit of DLC before the story ends.

However, it appears that I'm still missing a few gwent cards. Got to collect them all.

Play the DLC. Especially Blood and Wine.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

jonnypeh posted:

DLC is worth it and you get a new supermodel and and even bigger bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hjalmar is the leader Skellige wants, but Cerys is the one Skellige needs.