Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The original is sadly gone, but a million lovely versions of the Finnish Ducktales live on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhSdSzSqLys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gorilla Salad posted:

The original is sadly gone, but a million lovely versions of the Finnish Ducktales live on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhSdSzSqLys

I'm pretty sure the vocalist is from some power metal band.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

My favorite Oglaf and there's no swishing involved.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The swishing is implied. Labyrinth Guy is totally hard under his smock in that last panel.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the Duck Tales intro is forever associated with this video in my mind and it's great

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

I was thinking "this had better have those fuckin' dwarfs" and well, you hit it out of the park. It helped when I worked out they weren't saying "dragon-fucker".

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
From the glory days of B^U mockery:

Eegra was pretty good. :3:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Skippy McPants posted:

Normally that'd be a case of STDH, but the Ducktales theme is the one song in all the world catchy enough that I am absolutely certain it has made large groups for people spontaneously start singing.

"In west Philadelphia..."

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Taeke posted:

A man was shot while trying to rob a convenience store.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Taeke posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NozPA4n8T2Q

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Pros and Cons! Awesome! There needs to be more of it in this thread.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Pros and Cons! Awesome! There needs to be more of it in this thread.

The author is both a pro and a con at the same time if he actually manages to earn money by producing this comic.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I haven't read the whole thread

https://www.facebook.com/Jeroom.Inc

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

starkebn posted:

lol

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Some people have chronic conditions where they can't walk, or can't talk, or can't think, or can't interact with certain situations properly. Buckley will always be haunted by internet people hounding him about this one horrible comic he did. In the 2040's, there will still be loss edits, there will still be ancient goonish types posting them somewhere on the future-internet, and Buckley will still be plagued by them even if he's just a janitor in a lovely low-rent robot processing center. He has this chronic condition till the day he dies. It's loving beautiful. gently caress that guy.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Reminds me of this

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Why did you repost the last 100 pages of the thread?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Max posted:

Reminds me of this

Wow. What was Schulz going through at the time?

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Wow. What was Schulz going through at the time?

Redheads.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

starkebn posted:

these cracked me up, so thanks for a good post, friend

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

The little redhead girl was based on a real (adult) person that Schulz openly loved and obsessed over for the rest of his life.

She was not the woman he was married to.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Also Charles Schulz's parents traded the real Snoopy for a load of gravel. Early Charlie Brown was bleak as gently caress until Schulz got rich off of it.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

rodbeard posted:

Also Charles Schulz's parents traded the real Snoopy for a load of gravel. Early Charlie Brown was bleak as gently caress until Schulz got rich off of it.

Wait really?

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Classic Dante reincarnation. At least Peanuts is more accessible than The Divine Comedy.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Apparently!

quote:

Inspiration

A former co-worker, Donna Mae Johnson (born circa 1929 in Minneapolis, Minnesota), was Schulz's inspiration for the character. A 1947 high school graduate, Johnson was working in the accounting department of the Art Instruction, Inc., a correspondence school where Schulz worked. Johnson and Schulz eventually became romantically involved and dated for three years, but in 1950 when Schulz proposed to her, she turned him down, saying she was already engaged. Schulz was devastated, but he and Donna remained friends for the rest of his life. Said Schulz of the relationship, "I can think of no more emotionally damaging loss than to be turned down by someone whom you love very much. A person who not only turns you down, but almost immediately will marry the victor. What a bitter blow that is."

Only one known Schulz drawing (aside from the aforementioned silhouette) of the little red-haired girl exists. It was drawn in 1950, long before the Little Red-Haired Girl was mentioned in Peanuts. The girl in the drawing strongly resembles Patty, a character who was prominent in the early days of the strip. A book containing the sketch also has a photo of Johnson with Schulz. "I'd like to see Charlie Brown kick that football, and if he gets the little red-haired girl, that's fine with me," Donna said around the time Schulz announced his retirement in 1999. On Valentine's Day 2011, the Schulz Museum gave free admission to all redheaded girls and boys in honor of the Little Red-Haired Girl.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
What kind of jerk dates someone for multiple years when they're already engaged?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Only now do you see the dark truth behind the parable of The Goofus & The Football.

ladder theory

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Full Battle Rattle posted:

What kind of jerk dates someone for multiple years when they're already engaged?

In the late 1940s, being engaged was a lot like being asked to prom.

"Oh man! I really would have loved to, but Herb already asked me 5 minutes ago. Darn! This will haunt us both forever."

(they probably had an affair)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Sounds like something my ex would have done. (I was the other guy.)

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Len posted:

Sounds like something my ex would have done. (I was the other guy.)

Mike?!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Watch out, Mike. I heard there was a pissed of bike looking for you.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Oh Hagrid.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Adbot