Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Question: Does Pokemon Bank work if you have the save files but not the actual games installed? I should have omega ruby and x save files on my 3DS, but I don't have either game installed. Just curious if I'll need to reinstall them before Sun/Moon comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
To transfer TO bank? You need the actual save file and game I believe (I don't think you can transfer from JUST a save file to bank). To transfer FROM bank, you just need Pokemon Bank and a destination.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
drat, I'll have to reinstall ruby some time before sun drops. Thanks.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Does anyone know any good beginner's guides for speedrunning Gen1?
I saw the Pokemon Blue reverse-badge run on SGDQ and I'm really interested in trying something like that as my first run, but every guide I find is immenself, painfully unfriendly to beginners.

Benach
Aug 15, 2013

-Fish- posted:

Does anyone know any good beginner's guides for speedrunning Gen1?
I saw the Pokemon Blue reverse-badge run on SGDQ and I'm really interested in trying something like that as my first run, but every guide I find is immenself, painfully unfriendly to beginners.

There's a website and a wiki with plenty of info. You're not going to find much that isn't "friendly to beginners" for something like reverse-badge runs, if only because the bugs involved are nonesense in the first place, but you can always dig or ask around for stuff.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Geostomp posted:

I think that is why I never liked Greninja's design: it looks like some guy in a suit rather than a frog.

It's kind of ironic, some of the more classic Pokemon designs like Rhydon and Tyranitar are based off kaiju, which are literally guys in suits.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

What would some good partners be for Tyrantrum in BSS? He's my second favorite gen 6 design besides Xerneas, but I never got around to using him. Might as well gently caress around before Sun/Moon come out.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Cuckoo posted:

What would some good partners be for Tyrantrum in BSS? He's my second favorite gen 6 design besides Xerneas, but I never got around to using him. Might as well gently caress around before Sun/Moon come out.

I play triples, and I like to pair mine with Talonflame and Noivern, so he can earthquake to his heart's content.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Looking to go back to Gen 1 since I haven't played them since I was a kid. I can't decide whether to get Blue or Yellow for my 3DS. Is there any reason I shouldn't get Yellow? I can't remember if you can still do the missingno trick in Yellow or not.

E: Decided on Blue since that's the one I have the most nostalgia for.

PureRok fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jul 12, 2016

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

PureRok posted:

E: Decided on Blue since that's the one I have the most nostalgia for.

Great choice, Blue is the superior version.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Normal/Fighting and Ghost/Fairy

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hey, new Pokermens.

Serebii posted:

The bear is called Kiteruguma and is Normal/Fighting with the abilities Fluffy and Klutz, while the ghost is Mimitsukiyu and is Ghost/Fairy. It has the ability called Disguise.
People in Alola are scared of Kiteruguma to the point of having warning signs about it. It is really strong and can break anytthing in two. It likes to hug its trainers but is strong. Raising one puts your life in danger.

I can't believe Pikachu is dead.

E: dang, I can't believe I was beaten in posting this too. Such a sad day!

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Holy poo poo those are both *incredible*

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lennybear and Ghostchu. Well, okay then.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

bootleg pokemon has gone too far

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

not a fan of the bear but the ghost pikachu thing is awesome. lots of personality from this gen's pokemon

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Does that thing actually always look like a hosed up Pikachu or is that one of his disguises? I hope it can disguise itself as a hosed up version of any of the Pokemon, similar to Ditto

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
wait what

those are real?????

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Macaluso posted:

Does that thing actually always look like a hosed up Pikachu or is that one of his disguises? I hope it can disguise itself as a hosed up version of any of the Pokemon, similar to Ditto

I'm hoping it mimics all of 'em but I doubt they went through that effort

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
dead pikachu as a pokemon what the hell

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i'm glad we're going back to the gen 1 days of pokemon death

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Ghostchu is now on my team.

I hope they bring back Exp Share so I can have everything on my team.

e: Wait that bear is a loving Red Panda I need it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
those seriously look like weird and lovely fakemon.

i guess the ghost is okay, if really weird, but the bear is terrible. it looks totally flat, like a really lovely knock-off beanie-baby where they just forgot to dye the front.

:psyduck:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pikaboo owns, Bear is a steaming pile and one of the worst designs I've seen of a pokemon yet.

E: Looking at it again it's a red panda. Red Panda's deserve better

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Ghost/Fairy has unresisted offensive coverage

:getin:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

:iia:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:3: :agreed:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Pikaboo is amazing.

the bear is terrible.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

the bear is terrible. it looks totally flat, like a really lovely knock-off beanie-baby where they just forgot to dye the front.

:psyduck:

No it looks awesome, like an animal sidekick from a Miyazaki anime or a Persona game. And very huggable. :3:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Bear is poo poo, Pikaboo owns bones and I want it on my team.

Oh god I hope they don't actually call him Pikaboo, I wanna use that as a nickname :ohdear:

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

My first thought was that Pikachu just had one bad day.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Dedenne is under that sheet

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Oh my god that bear is seriously terrible. It doesn't LOOK like a pokemon it looks like a cartoon network character

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

how the gently caress do some of you not like that bear

that bear is so rad

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I think the bear is going to look way, way better as a 3d model than it does in that picture.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the bear better have a cool evo

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The Lord of Hats posted:

I think the bear is going to look way, way better as a 3d model than it does in that picture.

True

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pikachu  is  dead

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Bear is strong and my friend. Reminds me of Ice Bear from We Bare Bears

Ghost is super adorable/creepy

Really I'm glad both of these have unique typings (Mega Lopunny doesn't count for Normal/Fighting)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Tardigrade posted:

Normal/Fighting and Ghost/Fairy

Pedobear???

• Locked thread