Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Even if you're sour on the product currently, check out Jason Kincaid vs Dijak from this week's episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Even if you're sour on the product currently, check out Jason Kincaid vs Dijak from this week's episode.

Agreed, Kincaid has the goods and they worked well together. My local indy ran Lio Rush vs Kincaid and it was quite good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Jason Kincaid is Lostboy Nero except actually dedicated to wrestling instead whatever weirdness Nero's into.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

silas young has challenged shibata at death before dishonor which seems like a waste of shibata

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

silas young has challenged shibata at death before dishonor which seems like a waste of shibata

I mean they need somebody who can job but it's not like ROH has given a gently caress about putting New Japan midcarders over their top guys in the past. I was going to ask what O'Reilly was scheduled to be doing on that card, but then I remembered that reDRagon has teamed with Shibata in New Japan in the past, so they might not want to do that particular match. It would rule though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

Not if he has the kind of match he had with KUSHIDA.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

oatgan posted:

Actually, Silas Young getting his head tenderized is a great use of Shibata.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I Before E posted:

Actually, Silas Young getting his head tenderized is a great use of Shibata.

Seriously I want to see if Shibata is a real man and by real man I mean kicking Silas's face in

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

oatgan posted:

look Shibata came to america to kick people really fuckin hard. Silas is perfect.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Silas Young is actually good and cool

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Silas Young is actually good and cool

and very satisfying to watch get the poo poo kicked out of him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Maybe it's a Match For The Boys except the boys are Tenzan and Kojima

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Maybe it's a Match For The Boys except the boys are Tenzan and Kojima

Well now I want to see TenKozy team up with Dalton Castle, thanks for that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

I Before E posted:

Well now I want to see TenKozy team up with Dalton Castle, thanks for that.

queue a Seinfeld-esque sequence where TenKozy try to work google translate to ask Dalton where his bathroom is.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I like how the last real man doesn't mind showing a little butt crack when he's in there.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Following in the footsteps of CM Punk and Bryan Danielson
https://twitter.com/CheeseburgerROH/status/753634765849362433

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

Following in the footsteps of CM Punk and Bryan Danielson
https://twitter.com/CheeseburgerROH/status/753634765849362433

He'll probably be better.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
GREAT NEWS GUYS

https://twitter.com/PWTorch/status/753629047020744704

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
the latest Voices of Wrestling podcast has some kind of interesting hearsay on the apparently political turmoil going on backstage at ROH right now

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Grozz Nuy posted:

I mean they need somebody who can job

Shibata literally just did clean-in-the-middle job to Zack Sabre Jr., an fricken junior is currently in a WWE cruiserweight tournament lol. idk what is going on with ROH when it comes to that.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Spermgod posted:

Shibata literally just did clean-in-the-middle job to Zack Sabre Jr., an fricken junior is currently in a WWE cruiserweight tournament lol. idk what is going on with ROH when it comes to that.

Dave did mention in the last Observer that it was an interesting change seeing Shibata and Elgin both lose clean recently, maybe that new fondness for jobbing will spread to RoH

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Spermgod posted:

Sabre is champ in that promotion though, I'm sure if ROH wanted to put Shibata against Lethal the situation would be different.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
NJPW is not afraid to let Shibata and Elgin take losses because they aren't people they see as stars, unlike Nakamura, Tanahashi, Okada, and now Naito.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

jay lethal needed help to beat tomoaki honma

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they protected juice robinson against lethal on the new years dash show

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The spoilers/booking seem a lot less stale:

http://www.pwponderings.com/2016/07/17/roh-aftershock-philadelphia-71616-tv-spoilers

All done to me and my airing of their criticisms obviously.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Bald Lethal:

https://twitter.com/DeathToSmarks/status/754642872628936704

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Spermgod posted:

the latest Voices of Wrestling podcast has some kind of interesting hearsay on the apparently political turmoil going on backstage at ROH right now

What did they say?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

What did they say?

Some office worker got fired and it might be a sign that Delirious will be next to go

I guess everyone's afraid to talk about it because they don't want to upset higher-ups if a power change happens

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

there's a lot going on backstage with roh right now

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

ROH needs a shot in the arm. The only decent angle they've had since Lethal-Briscoe last year was Dalton Castle and Silas Young feuding over control of the boys

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Jason Kincaid for TV champ. He's got such an interesting and novel style that I'd like to see more of.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Jason Kincaid for TV champ. He's got such an interesting and novel style that I'd like to see more of.

He does some cool moves but his look is straight garbage.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sean Radican on his podcast said that Donovan Dijack's ROH contract is up in September.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

rovert posted:

Sean Radican on his podcast said that Donovan Dijack's ROH contract is up in September.

Has WWE showed any interest? Dijak is like a better Baron Corbin

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Has WWE showed any interest? Dijak is like a better Baron Corbin

That I don't know. He'd be a real good pick up for TNA too.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dijak has no presence for a guy of his size

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Yeah, Dijak could be a good big guy worker, but he's really lacking any charisma or intimidation factor

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Double D was showing a lot more at the Warwick show I went to and I hope ROH can re-sign him. He's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Pretty good episode this week. MCMG and Jay White vs. The Addiction and Kamaitachi was really good, Keith Lee is a beast, and Dalton/Roddy was nice, although it's too bad they didn't show his sendoff afterwards.

• Locked thread