Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

it all went downhill when they changed crit poppy

RIP Ugly Assassin Poppy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Endorph posted:

the best lol lore is

Pretend I just posted the entirety of Urgot Not Beautiful here.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Dunkey is just mad because he got "banned" for calling people retarded

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Let's be Real.

Game has jumped the shark since they removed Ezreal's heal. Please bring back his ability to win team fights by just pressing w in the general direction of his team once or twice.

Also bring back the Jesse Perring memes.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Vaguely related to Dunkey: it's pretty absurd that their report system has retarded into just being an autocheck for no-no words and AFKers. I've gotten 1-2 incredibly blatant bots a week in TT for a while now, and not a single one has given me that "GJ we punished that guy" popup.

Also the general obsession with "toxicity" has resulted in a community where not verbally abusing or in any way harming a teammate gameplaywise can still be spun by other players as "being toxic to the playerbase", a sanitized word to say "I dont like you and will report you, and I feel like I'm not only in the right but doing the game a service by hating you". All it's really done is encourage passive-aggression and becoming even more entrenched in a specific antisocial mindset.

And before it's asked: nothing to do with getting chat restricted once months ago. If you check the HOTS thread I'm constantly encouraging posters to get off their goon high horse and act friendly to PUG players.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

The way I understand it bots are banned in waves so that bot creators have a hard time pinning down exactly what triggered the bot detection.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Maybe stop calling people retarded or worse, it's not the system's fault.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

Also the general obsession with "toxicity" has resulted in a community where not verbally abusing or in any way harming a teammate gameplaywise can still be spun by other players as "being toxic to the playerbase", a sanitized word to say "I dont like you and will report you, and I feel like I'm not only in the right but doing the game a service by hating you". All it's really done is encourage passive-aggression and becoming even more entrenched in a specific antisocial mindset.
i have literally never encountered this but i sure have run into a lot of people calling me a n*g

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

JuniperCake posted:

Jesse Perring

It's been a long time.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Bholder posted:

I'm assuming you're talking about Dunkey: it's pretty understandable that a guy who's never been punished before and makes a living off of making multiple millions-views videos of League would be cheesed about suddenly getting banned mid-video recording session.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Well I remember you got banned for worse...

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Bholder posted:

I don't really use chat for anything but "dragon 1m" anymore but for most people who play this game it is a constant struggle to determine what words are appropriate to really offend the person you think is poo poo without really offending the proprietary system which bans accounts.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

i have literally never encountered this but i sure have run into a lot of people calling me a n*g

Thats fine and I have no problem with the nono-word restrictions on slurs. I'm more annoyed by the player mentality I've seen and the inaction from the report system outside of those two scenarios.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Bholder posted:

Well I remember you got banned for worse...

I didn't get banned for worse. I got banned for being verbally abusive (no slurs) during a very emotional and rough period of my life.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Libertine posted:

I don't really use chat for anything but "dragon 1m" anymore but for most people who play this game it is a constant struggle to determine what words are appropriate to really offend the person you think is poo poo without really offending the proprietary system which bans accounts.

I use all chat sometimes to make people mad by being inoffensively cheeky. It's amazing how much more something clean like "almost got me ;)" can tilt league players.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

I'm assuming you're talking about Dunkey: it's pretty understandable that a guy who's never been punished before and makes a living off of making multiple millions-views videos of League would be cheesed about suddenly getting banned mid-video recording session.
the man deserved it and maybe if he makes a living off of it he should have been more careful with his account

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
IIRC this was also during a period where he was hosed out of a paycheck by Microsoft and had a number of bills to take care of. In all honesty from what I saw he took it just fine outside of text venting in some reddit thread; he made a video about the other reasons why he no longer wants to play, made one more joke vid about league, then quietly did other game videos.

E: Here's that final vid btw, its pretty funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXG7XzefI_0

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i liked that dunkey vid when he bought nothing but wards on rengar and sung footloose

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Neurolimal posted:

wow all the human sword owners get generic not-raiden skins instead of taking a risk and giving one to an unconventional hero

I agree, give me PROJECT: Heimerdinger and PROJECT: Sona

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Coca Koala posted:

I agree, give me PROJECT: Heimerdinger and PROJECT: Sona

unironically yes

PROJECT: Blitzcrank. Just imagine all that wacky cyber armor and neon visor and crazy white hair, on the rollin' golem.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

IIRC this was also during a period where he was hosed out of a paycheck by Microsoft and had a number of bills to take care of. In all honesty from what I saw he took it just fine outside of text venting in some reddit thread; he made a video about the other reasons why he no longer wants to play, made one more joke vid about league, then quietly did other game videos.

E: Here's that final vid btw, its pretty funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXG7XzefI_0
i dont find that video funny and am glad he doesnt play anymore

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

i dont find that video funny and am glad he doesnt play anymore

MeatWadSprite: fag

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

We already have a Project Sona

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Neurolimal posted:

Thats fine and I have no problem with the nono-word restrictions on slurs. I'm more annoyed by the player mentality I've seen and the inaction from the report system outside of those two scenarios.

The bad word list existing has nothing to do with how reports function.

Also league is only good when I think it's good, and if you like it when I do you're fine, but if I am not enjoying it the game is objectively bad and you're stupid for liking it.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Neurolimal posted:

unironically yes

PROJECT: Blitzcrank. Just imagine all that wacky cyber armor and neon visor and crazy white hair, on the rollin' golem.

I was gonna say PROJECT: Teemo until I realized that it would basically be the same as Omega Squad Teemo.

Bholder posted:

We already have a Project Sona

Oh nuts, I guess you're right.

Uh, let's replace PROJECT: Sona with PROJECT: Braum. "THE COOLANT SYSTEM IS THE STRONGEST MUSCLE"

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Neurolimal posted:

Dunkey/Sky Was Right

Luckily DOTA2 has stretched itself so thin that LoL is the only traditional moba available without players instantly leaving at the start of the match :v:

that doesnt happen lol

too bad the first next-generation, non-toxic moba, Strife, failed miserably...

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
adventure time battle party was the real poo poo imo

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Gunter was quite op

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

gangnam reference posted:

that doesnt happen lol

I aint a moba warrior m8, I like playing dota2, but theres no denying that it has a serious leaver problem, especially in gimmick modes and Ability Draft.

I still put up with that because Pudge Wars and Overthrow are good fun.

rabidsquid posted:

Also league is only good when I think it's good, and if you like it when I do you're fine, but if I am not enjoying it the game is objectively bad and you're stupid for liking it.

Not really sure how you got that from my post; obviously I have a different experience than her, but neither are "wrong".

E: Strife was super fun and interesting, plagued by being a casual moba by the moba company with the worst reputation. Adventure Time BP was pretty great, I loved playing the Lich and Gunter.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

Gunter was quite op

agreed. i liked fionna, though

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The new lore isn't any worse than the lovely judgements they used to write. Champion design isn't any worse than when they were churning out generic bruisers every two weeks. Game balancing is bad, but it has always been bad. League isn't dying, you're just having less fun with a game you've been playing for years. Take a break and play something else.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Champ design (visual) is worse than it's ever been. Everything is so noisy, derivative, off-brand, and plain stupid.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Illoloil is the only champ in the last 12 months or whatever who looks and sounds like a league of legends champion.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think illaoi is a decent visual design, both in terms of the actual character and in terms of conveying gameplay. she's a big lady with a big rock who thwaps you over the head with it and makes tentacles also thwap you over the head.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh lol

i think tahm is okay??? big fish dude with a big mouth you eat people with and a doofy little hat

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Tom Klench is not acceptable.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

no new MOBA is going to dethrone league, just like no new MMORPG ever dethroned WoW. it'll be something from a different or new genre.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
My ARAM yesterday had four different players (one whose clantag was <<C U C K>>) call each other faggots in four different misspelled ways among a lot of other dumb poo poo because it is super, super obvious now that it's basically impossible to get banned as long as you scream poo poo in l33tspeak or leave out a couple letters.

Still have never seen the "someone has been punished" popup and I fire off the report button at least every other game at this point for racist/homophobic poo poo that Riot's loading screen claims will "overwhelmingly get you punished" or w/e.

Edit: Lol that's a great wordfilter

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tales of Woe posted:

no new MOBA is going to dethrone league, just like no new MMORPG ever dethroned WoW. it'll be something from a different or new genre.
overwatch already dethroned league. this has already happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Competitive Overwatch is already hosed so I wouldn't be so quick to make that statement

• Locked thread