Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Give me a PS4 HD port of Gundam Battle Universe and I shall never want again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Man, this weeks sale is really lame. Kind of wish that mid-year sale lasted longer too. Ended up getting DOA during last weeks sale, i enjoyed the demo, though I'm not going to get the DLC, there is an absurd amount of it at a hefty price for each set too.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, I've heard it's not great though and you'd he better off waiting for a US release of Breaker 3 or buying the Asian English version.

If the JP business mindset kicks in, we might not get a Western release of Breaker 3 unless we eat up Vs. Force and tell them we want more.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Wamdoodle posted:

How are the English subs for Breaker 3? How's the gameplay. I know someone in the thread said something about it. Really close to going ahead and importing but some impressions would be nice. :) I skipped on Extreme VS because I read they cut out stuff that was even in the PSP version.

The english subs for Breaker 3 are fine. There's probably a few 'eh' things but for the most part it is good. Gameplay is essentially Dynasty Warriors ish with the bonus that you can set four different skills and you kinda just break apart enemy gundams. It feels real good ripping apart gundams and mooks part by part.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Shnag posted:

Man, this weeks sale is really lame. Kind of wish that mid-year sale lasted longer too. Ended up getting DOA during last weeks sale, i enjoyed the demo, though I'm not going to get the DLC, there is an absurd amount of it at a hefty price for each set too.

Yeah these deals are bad this week. Usually a lame deal means a Flash Sale, but it too early in the month for one already.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Well I bought Song of the Deep despite missing reviews because I just can't resist throwing money at the phrase "Insomniac Metroidvania"

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Re-PLAY Sale is live. It should be called Indie Previous PS+ Games Sale.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh hey I wonder what's on PLAY 2016 this time around...

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Wamdoodle posted:

How are the English subs for Breaker 3? How's the gameplay. I know someone in the thread said something about it. Really close to going ahead and importing but some impressions would be nice. :) I skipped on Extreme VS because I read they cut out stuff that was even in the PSP version.

Subs are good, free of spelling and grammar errors, gameplay is great, it feels really nice to be the literal Unicorn Gundam once you get Fuuinsaiki's head.

Edit: also, there is DLC for the Ball. I rest my case.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

OneDeadman posted:

The english subs for Breaker 3 are fine. There's probably a few 'eh' things but for the most part it is good. Gameplay is essentially Dynasty Warriors ish with the bonus that you can set four different skills and you kinda just break apart enemy gundams. It feels real good ripping apart gundams and mooks part by part.

Pyroi posted:

Subs are good, free of spelling and grammar errors, gameplay is great, it feels really nice to be the literal Unicorn Gundam once you get Fuuinsaiki's head.

Edit: also, there is DLC for the Ball. I rest my case.

This sounds good. Only thing that gives me hesitation is the DLC but that's a Vita issue.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

axleblaze posted:

Well I bought Song of the Deep despite missing reviews because I just can't resist throwing money at the phrase "Insomniac Metroidvania"

I bought it on the PC and played about two hours of it. So far it really good. Maybe not $15 worth, but it a fun game that reminds me of a long needed sequel to Aquaria, the undersea Metroidvania that was on the PC.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

jabro posted:

Re-PLAY Sale is live. It should be called Indie Previous PS+ Games Sale.
Right?

I guess the idea is to re-discount titles that have been in PLAY promotions before. Those multi-pre-order-discount promotions only ever feature indies, which are some of the most likely to show up on PS+.

Still, if you haven't gotten Journey yet, now's your time.

PLAY 2016 could feasibly have 100 Foot Robot Golf, right? Or Cosmic Star Heroine? I think maybe Ronin could line up with it too.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, I've heard it's not great though and you'd he better off waiting for a US release of Breaker 3 or buying the Asian English version.

They're not really the same thing, so that doesn't really work. Gundam Breaker games are 3D brawlers with a fairly simple combat system and a focus on collecting dropped enemy parts so you can customise your player character/upgrade parts. Extreme VS Force is a single-player version of the Gundam VS arena fighting game that's focused on a weird real-time-tactics-ish campaign mode instead of the multiplayer that everyone actually wants out of the series.

Breaker 3 is probably unlikely to get a US or EU release any time soon, since Bandai specifically put out the English-subtitled Singapore region release, but I'd be super happy to be proven wrong.

Wamdoodle posted:

This sounds good. Only thing that gives me hesitation is the DLC but that's a Vita issue.

Yeah, I want to get Breaker 3 but because of the stupid no-account-switching-on-Vita thing I have to wait until I get a PS4. :(

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 12, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wait gundam vs has no vs mode?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Wait gundam vs has no vs mode?

They patched in 2v2 but it's you plus an AI teammate vs. two AI, apparently, there's no multiplayer.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The PS Store says Ad Hoc 2-players.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

I had no idea we were getting Assault Suit Leynos in the US until it just appeared on the store. Glad I never got around to picking it up on my JP account now.

edit: The English font is atrocious and there's no subtitles for the combat barks :(

Internet Friend fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 12, 2016

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How is Kerbal, anyone tried it?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Furi is really good for a game that cost me nothing. Once the gameplay clicks, it really becomes addicting.

I would've never bought the game for that price though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

WaltherFeng posted:

Furi is really good for a game that cost me nothing. Once the gameplay clicks, it really becomes addicting.

yeah the price is like 25 dollars on steam.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

WaltherFeng posted:

Yeah I was gonna buy it at release but I was expecting $15. It's pretty awesome but things like the parrying feels off, and the dodge charge feels a bit too slow

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I've never played a Suikoden game before so I bought 1 & 2 since they were on sale (and people here were recommending 2).

Of course it'll probably be a while before I have a chance to play either of them. :v:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wamdoodle posted:

Giant Bomb did a video where they play it for quite a bit. The gameplay looks kind of blah, which is too bad because the presentation of everything looks really great.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The gameplay is fun, it's just not super deep. It's a good, mindless action game if you like Gundam.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

There are not very many good Gundam games, but the Breaker series is one of them!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

abagofcheetos posted:

Graphics are absolutely insane, as are the sounds, but there isn't really upgrading. You grind for points to unlock cars, but once they are unlocked you aren't like throwing "Turbo 3" on the cars.

If you have Plus can't you download a one location demo still?

Hmm sounds alright anyway. The only thing holding me back from grabbing DC is that there's a lot of back and forth discussion online about how the handling model works. Some people say it's very satisfying and solid and others say it's like driving cars full of water.

Unfortunately I think there's only the $7.50 PS+ one now, no demo. $20 for the game + season pass looks like a great deal though.

axleblaze posted:

The art style and underwater themes really make me want this. It doesn't sound like any sort of game changing genre defying game of the year but as long as it's enjoyable and charming it seems like a solid buy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Reviews say the controls are awful

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

Reviews say the controls are awful

They're floaty but of course they are, you're underwater

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Another lovely flash sale just went live. Buy your super cheap copy of Evolve now, before it becomes free!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Coldforge posted:

Another lovely flash sale just went live. Buy your super cheap copy of Evolve now, before it becomes free!

I'm not actually seeing any games yet. Only the REPlay stuff.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah its still broken in NA store for me too

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Fix posted:

I'm not actually seeing any games yet. Only the REPlay stuff.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALEWEBLP

You're right, looks like the actual games haven't been listed yet, which is pretty fun and in keeping with the theme.

Edit: titles that I've seen so far are Destiny:TK for $25, Evolve for $15, and Pay Day 2 for $10.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jul 15, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Coldforge posted:

Depending on the price, that may be worth it. Stage 2 is pretty good so far and at least on PC, founder status gives you most of the game's content.

If it's like, $5 and you think you might play the game when it goes F2P, go for it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

metro redux for eight bucks looks interesting

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That is a fantastic price for Dariusburst.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

updated now

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ugh assault android cactus is almost half the price that it just went to in the steam sale. good game though highly recommended

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im interested in assault cactus gonna think about it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Taken King for $20, finally the price it should have been all along considering I already owned the loving useless season pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

welcome :v:

• Locked thread