Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Hamstradamus predicts:

Point drops for:
- Breachers
- Assault marines
- Destroyers
- Deredeo Plasma Cannonade (free swap)
- Fellblade

Modified rules for:
- Legion super-heavies (free marine crew like the Glaive)
- Falchion (2 shots, instead of 1)
- Cerberus (d3+1 shots, instead of d3)

Points increase:
- Typhon

These are just some of the glaring things that come to mind. At the Weekender fans specifically pointed out some of these issues to the staff and they seemed fairly receptive (though a bit clueless sometimes, "breachers need help"), so fingers crossed.

Also yeah, I expect every legion to get three units since there's already quite a few that way. UM have Invictarus, Locutarus and Fulmentarus. WB have Gal Vorbak, Ashen Circle and Mhara Gal. IW Havocs, Tyrants and Iron Circle. EC Palatine Blades, Phoenix and Kakophoni.

NL are still missing, surprisingly, their Atramentar terminators. SoH will probably get their possessed lupercali.

Wolves I guess two assault marine variants and one terminator, like the UM. Thousand Sons a terminator variant, veteran variant and their troop robbits.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jul 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
I think if the plasma cannonade was free I'd be happy to use it. At the moment it's just too expensive to lose sky fire (even tho apparently we can sky fire with blasts now)

I'm having a great time painting up my WB demon prince... Will start on witchypoo Marines soon.

Any recommended load outs for a Chaplain leading 9 Gal vorbak in a raider?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

DJ Dizzy posted:

The rapier phosphexes.

So an HQ tax +20 points isn't enough for a weaker phosphex?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
I dont think wolves will get Assault Marines. After all, they aren't too fond of the damned things.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
They like to jump out into the open and run straight down at the enemy to engage in close combat, getting themselves gunned down like little shits in the process. Sounds like assault marines to me! :v:

Probably a destroyer variant, since the SW fighting style is supposed to be pretty horrific and inhuman. They're getting re-named HQs but I don't count those in the probable 3 new units.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm really curious what Dark Angels will wind up getting as their unique units. Their gimmicks during 30k are their different wings and Ravenwing and Ironwing are already represented by Rites of War. Deathwing can be approximated with Pride of the Legion though I'm sure they'll get a unique terminator or veteran unit. Beyond that I got nothing.

Lord Twisted posted:

Any recommended load outs for a Chaplain leading 9 Gal vorbak in a raider?
The chaplain doesn't really matter in that case so maybe just artificer armor and a refractor field? He already comes with a power weapon so whatever. Also, aren't Gal Vorbak bulky? They wouldn't be able to fit inside of a land raider.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the special edition is sold out already, well screw you too fw

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Safety Factor posted:

I'm really curious what Dark Angels will wind up getting as their unique units. Their gimmicks during 30k are their different wings and Ravenwing and Ironwing are already represented by Rites of War. Deathwing can be approximated with Pride of the Legion though I'm sure they'll get a unique terminator or veteran unit. Beyond that I got nothing.

The chaplain doesn't really matter in that case so maybe just artificer armor and a refractor field? He already comes with a power weapon so whatever. Also, aren't Gal Vorbak bulky? They wouldn't be able to fit inside of a land raider.

Probably a squad of literal Knights with fancy swords, and hopefully a terminator unit that can take the repeaters.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

Templar Brethen-esque unit of power sword users? Since they seem to be a bit nuts about swords. For something interesting maybe a variant tactical support squad, to reflect them being galactic pack rats.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the special edition is sold out already, well screw you too fw

It sold in like two hours on the first day

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 11, 2016

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Safety Factor posted:

Also, aren't Gal Vorbak bulky? They wouldn't be able to fit inside of a land raider.

Finally an excuse to use the Kharybdis Assault Claw :getin:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hencoe posted:

Probably a squad of literal Knights with fancy swords, and hopefully a terminator unit that can take the repeaters.

Mango Polo posted:

Templar Brethen-esque unit of power sword users? Since they seem to be a bit nuts about swords. For something interesting maybe a variant tactical support squad, to reflect them being galactic pack rats.
Yeah, a unit of dudes with calibanite warblades is probably pretty likely. Whether they're in artificer or terminator armor. Personally, I'd love a unit of terminators with halberds. :getin: It's a weapon that is sadly under-represented in 30k/40k. The only one I can think of is the Deathwing Champion's. That thing's beastly at S+2 and AP2.

An insane support/destroyer hybrid pack rat squad would be interesting too. There's a lot of room to play around with that, but I'm sort of imagining a squad with volkites, jump packs, and all sorts of goofy grenades and special weapons. It probably won't happen though. On a similar note, I am really hoping that destroyers get a solid discount in the new legion book. They're a great unit concept and I really want to have an excuse to build some.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Right now Havocs are the only unique support/heavy squad around, would be fun to have more of those. Dark Angels with all of their old/appropriated tech would be pretty sweet.

Meanwhile I hope either Blood Angels and/or Thousand Sons get their flying chariots :black101:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Sivores posted:

In the blackshield marauder unit profile do their 2 attacks come from being double armed or just naturally as it doesn't say in their unit entry. I assume that it comes from being double armed and forgeworld just missed it like normal, but they usually make a point of saying if it does or does not. I'm trying to figure out a nice composition for a squad or two before I build them.

Otherwise equipping blackshield terminators with all sorts of weird equipment is fun and exciting instead of boring old marines. I can't wait to actually play some games with the outlander rules.

FW is better than this than GW. Those 2 attacks are base attacks, so they are like veterans- 3 attacks if they have two weapons and 4 attacks on the charge. Go hog wild.

Blackshields are all about the pariah stuff IMO. They want to be in melee and have gear that's mid range, but lets them shoot, move, and charge stuff,

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
Out of curiosity, is there way to have a single Knight as a Lord of War choice. I ask because I've been painting up a Knight who in my fluff is freeblade that oathed himself to the Word Bearers.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

The Sisko posted:

Out of curiosity, is there way to have a single Knight as a Lord of War choice. I ask because I've been painting up a Knight who in my fluff is freeblade that oathed himself to the Word Bearers.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

One of the things we have seen from the new red book is now Knights can be a war machine detachment for legions without allying in the questoris list, you just don't get access to household ranks.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

They like to jump out into the open and run straight down at the enemy to engage in close combat, getting themselves gunned down like little shits in the process. Sounds like assault marines to me! :v:

Probably a destroyer variant, since the SW fighting style is supposed to be pretty horrific and inhuman. They're getting re-named HQs but I don't count those in the probable 3 new units.

FW said at the last weekender that the SW are going to get custom consuls, more custom units, and then not have access to some other units.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Admech can take any knight as a LOW

Hencoe posted:

One of the things we have seen from the new red book is now Knights can be a war machine detachment for legions without allying in the questoris list, you just don't get access to household ranks.

Personally, I hope this isn't true.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

Gotta sell those knight kits. Expect more of this now that GW prime is taking a more active role in HH stuff.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

This isn't new. You can already take one to two knights as a single Lord of War choice in 30k. The 25% limitation goes a long way to stopping that dumb poo poo though. I'd love to see 40k-proper adopt that too, but fat chance of that. :v:

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Safety Factor posted:

This isn't new. You can already take one to two knights as a single Lord of War choice in 30k. The 25% limitation goes a long way to stopping that dumb poo poo though. I'd love to see 40k-proper adopt that too, but fat chance of that. :v:

The reason I asked was because I remember that the LOW had to be drawn from either the primary detachment or from Apocalypse datasheets. This wasn't for any event , I was just wondering if there was a rules framework in 30k for it. If I was to bring a Knight or two it would be with my opponents OK.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The Sisko posted:

The reason I asked was because I remember that the LOW had to be drawn from either the primary detachment or from Apocalypse datasheets. This wasn't for any event , I was just wondering if there was a rules framework in 30k for it. If I was to bring a Knight or two it would be with my opponents OK.
Right, I forgot about the primary detachment thing. Not sure how that interacts with knights. I was half planning on getting a lancer at some point, but I guess I wouldn't be able to run it with marines because it is a Mechanicum unit. Oh well.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Why would I lie to you.

Also this

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Could be worse I guess. One knight at 2000 points isn't bad. Just sucky that admech looses one of it's perks.

e: vvvv drat straight :respek:

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 12, 2016

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Something has to weigh up for Anacharis :getin:

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Safety Factor posted:

Yeah I meant to say Spartan.

I think you're right, I'll just chuck on a decent armour save, Melta bombs and give him a power maul. He's there because he has to be.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
You know what's going to be hilarious? The knight Porphyrion as a LoW. The one that's Warhound-sized. :v:

On the other hand the new writing allows stuff like the bitchin' Praetor Launcher and Minotaur Artillery to be fielded.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Something has to weigh up for Anacharis :getin:

But we can forward to even more crazy toys in Inferno, since there's a whole section about new poo poo for Legio Cybernetica.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

I think as long as the 25% rule is adhered to, poo poo shouldn't get too crazy. But I agree a 475pt LOW in 2000 is quite rough when you consider how Heresy balances itself.

I don't even have a LOW in 2500 in my word bearers list, but a Bloodthirster and demon prince are pretty undercosted when compared to Heresy sooooo

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

On the other hand the new writing allows stuff like the bitchin' Praetor Launcher and Minotaur Artillery to be fielded.

If only the Minotaur wasn't completely impractical in a regular sized game I would grab one for my ordo Reductor, could also use ap2 though.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

I dont get the minotaur. The 24 minimum range really kills it for me.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Prices for the upcoming super heavies.

Mastodon: 300£
Stormbird: 750£

Whew.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The mastodon is a GI Joe piece of poo poo.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

Prices for the upcoming super heavies.

Mastodon: 300
Stormbird: 750

Whew.

Dollars or points?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

Dollars or points?
British monopoly money dollars.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

TTerrible posted:

The mastodon is a GI Joe piece of poo poo.

I know, it owns :getin:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

TTerrible posted:

The mastodon is a GI Joe work of art.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

British monopoly money dollars.

Lol I was joking. My phone doesn't show the pounds symbol. Satire is dead when it comes to GW pricing.

I wonder what their point value is.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
They are both Lords of War.

The Mastodon is a 700 points transport that you probably will never be able to justify using.
The Stormbird is 850 points of "why didn't you just bring a loving warhound".

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
So wrong for 28mm, so right for Epic.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

They are both Lords of War.

The Mastodon is a 700 points transport that you probably will never be able to justify using.
The Stormbird is 850 points of "why didn't you just bring a loving warhound".

Because a warhound isn't a flying Falchion with a 50 man assault transport.
Also they better allow it to transport MCs so the iron circle jerk can get somewhere in a reasonable amount of time for an unreasonable amount of points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I'm honestly kind of terrified of how horrifically long of a game it would be where you can not only field either of those monsters, but still have the points left over to fill them up with adequate units. At this point you're basically using the entire living room as the battlefield, with the furniture as impassable mountains and cats as warp storms.